North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

FCD South and Gio Game Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

FCD South and Gio Game

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FCD South and Gio Game Empty FCD South and Gio Game

Post by whoopwhoop 30/07/12, 11:06 am

So... did anyone watch this game? We were spectators on the sideline, had friends playing, interesting game. Both teams looked like they had some great girls on the team. Gio had fast fowards, FCD had fast girls all around. It was a great game to watch. Both teams should be proud of their DD's.

whoopwhoop
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

FCD South and Gio Game Empty Re: FCD South and Gio Game

Post by Whoseurdaddy 30/07/12, 11:36 am

whoopwhoop wrote:So... did anyone watch this game? We were spectators on the sideline, had friends playing, interesting game. Both teams looked like they had some great girls on the team. Gio had fast fowards, FCD had fast girls all around. It was a great game to watch. Both teams should be proud of their DD's.

I did not get to see this match but did hear that the FCD Dallas defense was suffocating. I also heard the new GIO goalie played a great match to keep the score close.

Whoseurdaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by $exymomma 30/07/12, 11:47 am

Their defense was NOT suffocating, that is a LIE! They got pretty darn lucky on the goal that they did score. Gio had several break aways and had many shots on goal. So, to say that the Defense was great is a LIE. Gio goalie should be commended on her efforts. She did a great job. GIO girls should have won that game.

$exymomma
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 30/07/12, 12:02 pm

Gio should have won? You didn't score!
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by $exymomma 30/07/12, 12:12 pm

Joan, were you at the game? or better yet, did you even see the goal that was made? Gio had better possesion and domination over this team. THEY WERE LUCKY THEY SCORED THE ONLY GOAL THEY DID.

$exymomma
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Reor 30/07/12, 12:24 pm

$exymomma wrote:Their defense was NOT suffocating, that is a LIE! They got pretty darn lucky on the goal that they did score. Gio had several break aways and had many shots on goal. So, to say that the Defense was great is a LIE. Gio goalie should be commended on her efforts. She did a great job. GIO girls should have won that game.

The game was very one sided. Beside frantic attempts to kick the ball out of bounds or to clear the zone, the girls on Gio's team had a tough day. The keeper for Gio played a great game and as stated above kept the score down. Both teams are good teams and will hold their own in LH.

Reor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/07/12, 12:30 pm

I normaly dont chime in other peoples arguments and games, but I watched the game from a distance. FC Dallas totally dominated this game, Gio maybe had one shot on goal. Gio is a great team, but the score could have easily been 3 to 0 FC Dallas. The Gio goalie did an oustanding job with the numerous shots on goal and close calls. Both teams have great speed, but FC Dallas has awesome speed up top and on defense. I noticed FC Dallas did not allow a goal in Puma Cup or in Quals. FC Dallas is skepical in the midfield unless they move one of their forwards to center mid, other than that, look out for this animal in a cage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reor 30/07/12, 12:34 pm

$exymomma wrote:Joan, were you at the game? or better yet, did you even see the goal that was made? Gio had better possesion and domination over this team. THEY WERE LUCKY THEY SCORED THE ONLY GOAL THEY DID.

I dont know what game you were watching but you were obviously not watching the FCD vs Solar game.

What about the shot that hit cross bar? Were they unlucky the goal wasnt bigger
What about the ball that skated across the line and the keeper made a great second effort to stop from going in? were they unlucky the wind didnt blow harder/

I have the game on film. I was scouting the game. I would be glad to provide you a copy so you can see what you missed

Time of Possession = FCD
Corner kicks = FCD
Time on opposing side of field = FCD
Goal kicks = Solar
Shots on goal = FCD
Goals scored = FCD

And yes the FCD defense was dominate in that game.
Solar has a good team will do well. But to de-grade a team for a great effort is uncalled for. FCD won that game in all aspects. Give respect to the girls and the good game they played.

Reor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Whoseurdaddy 30/07/12, 12:39 pm

Reor wrote:
$exymomma wrote:Joan, were you at the game? or better yet, did you even see the goal that was made? Gio had better possesion and domination over this team. THEY WERE LUCKY THEY SCORED THE ONLY GOAL THEY DID.

I dont know what game you were watching but you were obviously not watching the FCD vs Solar game.

What about the ball that skated across the line and the keeper made a great second effort to stop from going in? were they unlucky the wind didnt blow harder/

I have the game on film. I was scouting the game. I would be glad to provide you a copy so you can see what you missed

Time of Possession = FCD
Corner kicks = FCD
Goal kicks = Solar
Shots on goal = FCD
Goals scored = FCD

Solar has a good team will do well. But to de-grade a team for a great effort is uncalled for. FCD won that game in all aspects. Give respect to the girls and the good game they played.

So your scouting 10 year old girl soccer matches?????

Whoseurdaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 30/07/12, 12:40 pm

"Gio had better possession and domination over this team"

"FC Dallas totally dominated this game"

I always thought only one team could "dominate" a match?

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Reor 30/07/12, 01:26 pm

Whoseurdaddy wrote:
Reor wrote:

Time of Possession = FCD
Corner kicks = FCD
Goal kicks = Solar
Shots on goal = FCD
Goals scored = FCD

Not in the tradition sense. Record games for DD's to watch and use as an instructional and learning tool

Reor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 30/07/12, 01:36 pm

Reor wrote:
Whoseurdaddy wrote:
Reor wrote:

Time of Possession = FCD
Corner kicks = FCD
Goal kicks = Solar
Shots on goal = FCD
Goals scored = FCD

Not in the tradition sense. Record games for DD's to watch and use as an instructional and learning tool

I'll bet your dd really enjoys the extra hours reviewing the game tapes.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by $exymomma 30/07/12, 01:55 pm

I'm not sure what game you saw, but the sun must have been blocking your view. What's all the hype about the defense? From what I saw, they had one run down, that was it. So because of that, a great defense is what won this game? Gio gave it all they had, luck was on the side of the South. I am entitled to view the game as I see it, and that's what I saw. Gio will come back and win next week. We will have matching dads there too.

$exymomma
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 30/07/12, 02:09 pm

$exymomma wrote:I'm not sure what game you saw, but the sun must have been blocking your view. What's all the hype about the defense? From what I saw, they had one run down, that was it. So because of that, a great defense is what won this game? Gio gave it all they had, luck was on the side of the South. I am entitled to view the game as I see it, and that's what I saw. Gio will come back and win next week. We will have matching dads there too.

I'm sorry did you say "they had one run down"? Lol
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/07/12, 02:13 pm

$exymomma wrote:I'm not sure what game you saw, but the sun must have been blocking your view. What's all the hype about the defense? From what I saw, they had one run down, that was it. So because of that, a great defense is what won this game? Gio gave it all they had, luck was on the side of the South. I am entitled to view the game as I see it, and that's what I saw. Gio will come back and win next week. We will have matching dads there too.

Matching dads? WTH?

Last edited by soccerobsessed on 30/07/12, 02:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/07/12, 02:14 pm

Joan Of Arc wrote:

I'm sorry did you say "they had one run down"? Lol

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Grassstain 30/07/12, 02:29 pm

[quote="$exymomma"]I'm not sure what game you saw, but the sun must have been blocking your view. What's all the hype about the defense? From what I saw, they had one run down, that was it. So because of that, a great defense is what won this game? Gio gave it all they had, luck was on the side of the South. I am entitled to view the game as I see it, and that's what I saw. Gio will come back and win next week. We will have matching dads there too. [/quote]

Since your account was created today I would imagine you have some built up hostility against FCD. I would imagine you created a new screen name just so you could come on this forum and blast 10 year old little girls who played their butts off yesterday. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.. Who's faster? Who had the best defense? Who had the best forwards? Who had the best midfield? Who had the best goalie? At the end of the day when the final whistle blew FCD got the win.. I spoke to several Gio parents during the game yesterday and every single one I spoke to were supportive of both teams, spoke highly of their coach and girls. In my option they were very classy people there supporting their DD's playing a hard faught battle in 105 degree Texas heat! I would suspect $exymomma (which I'm sure you are not) you have no relation to this Gio team and just wanted to get on this forum and show your stupidity. Good luck next weekend Gio girls, parents and coach..
Grassstain
Grassstain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 30/07/12, 02:39 pm

From someone who's dd played both teams this weekend... Gio had the better team and I was really hoping they would show fcd what they showed us. Plus, Gio parents are far less obnoxious... a few of those fcd parents were hard to tolerate. So that made me want them to loose even more.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/07/12, 02:42 pm

Grassstain wrote:

Since your account was created today I would imagine you have some built up hostility against FCD. I would imagine you created a new screen name just so you could come on this forum and blast 10 year old little girls who played their butts off yesterday. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.. Who's faster? Who had the best defense? Who had the best forwards? Who had the best midfield? Who had the best goalie? At the end of the day when the final whistle blew FCD got the win.. I spoke to several Gio parents during the game yesterday and every single one I spoke to were supportive of both teams, spoke highly of their coach and girls. In my option they were very classy people there supporting their DD's playing a hard faught battle in 105 degree Texas heat! I would suspect $exymomma (which I'm sure you are not) you have no relation to this Gio team and just wanted to get on this forum and show your stupidity. Good luck next weekend Gio girls, parents and coach..

Grassstain I disagree. I think this has to be parent on the team. Sexy said they were going to have "matching dads". I don't think a by stander would come up with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 30/07/12, 02:55 pm

Grassstain wrote:

Thanks grasstain. Not sure if it is someone with a chip on their shoulder against FCD or someone trying to make Gio parents look like knuckle heads. We all saw the game. We know what happened. The team that deserved to win.....won. End of story.

Good luck to you guys in LHGCL D1

I do everything through instinct, I play like a child ... I think about myself on a small field, or in the street, I see myself with the ball in the same way as I am now. I have not changed at all. You must remember soccer is a game to have fun and you play for that. I don't plan or anticipate my play." -Messi
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Grassstain 30/07/12, 02:59 pm

[quote="soccerobsessed"][quote="Grassstain"][quote="$exymomma"]I'm not sure what game you saw, but the sun must have been blocking your view. What's all the hype about the defense? From what I saw, they had one run down, that was it. So because of that, a great defense is what won this game? Gio gave it all they had, luck was on the side of the South. I am entitled to view the game as I see it, and that's what I saw. Gio will come back and win next week. We will have matching dads there too. [/quote]

Since your account was created today I would imagine you have some built up hostility against FCD. I would imagine you created a new screen name just so you could come on this forum and blast 10 year old little girls who played their butts off yesterday. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.. Who's faster? Who had the best defense? Who had the best forwards? Who had the best midfield? Who had the best goalie? At the end of the day when the final whistle blew FCD got the win.. I spoke to several Gio parents during the game yesterday and every single one I spoke to were supportive of both teams, spoke highly of their coach and girls. In my option they were very classy people there supporting their DD's playing a hard faught battle in 105 degree Texas heat! I would suspect $exymomma (which I'm sure you are not) you have no relation to this Gio team and just wanted to get on this forum and show your stupidity. Good luck next weekend Gio girls, parents and coach..[/quote]

Grassstain I disagree. I think this has to be parent on the team. Sexy said they were going to have "matching dads". I don't think a by stander would come up with that. [/quote]

I sure would hate to think that,, the ones I spoke with were very classy people.
Grassstain
Grassstain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/07/12, 03:06 pm

Grassstain wrote:

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Grassstain 30/07/12, 03:08 pm

[quote="soccerskills"][quote="Grassstain"][quote="$exymomma"]I'm not sure what game you saw, but the sun must have been blocking your view. What's all the hype about the defense? From what I saw, they had one run down, that was it. So because of that, a great defense is what won this game? Gio gave it all they had, luck was on the side of the South. I am entitled to view the game as I see it, and that's what I saw. Gio will come back and win next week. We will have matching dads there too. [/quote]

Since your account was created today I would imagine you have some built up hostility against FCD. I would imagine you created a new screen name just so you could come on this forum and blast 10 year old little girls who played their butts off yesterday. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.. Who's faster? Who had the best defense? Who had the best forwards? Who had the best midfield? Who had the best goalie? At the end of the day when the final whistle blew FCD got the win.. I spoke to several Gio parents during the game yesterday and every single one I spoke to were supportive of both teams, spoke highly of their coach and girls. In my option they were very classy people there supporting their DD's playing a hard faught battle in 105 degree Texas heat! I would suspect $exymomma (which I'm sure you are not) you have no relation to this Gio team and just wanted to get on this forum and show your stupidity. Good luck next weekend Gio girls, parents and coach..[/quote]
Thanks grasstain. Not sure if it is someone with a chip on their shoulder against FCD or someone trying to make Gio parents look like knuckle heads. We all saw the game. We know what happened. The team that deserved to win.....won. End of story.

Good luck to you guys in LHGCL D1[/quote]

Thanks, Good luck to you guys as well!
Grassstain
Grassstain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/07/12, 03:10 pm

the gio parents aren't the type to cause the kind of trouble that sexymomma has stirred up. not sure who she's trying to hurt or help with her version of the game. although the reports vary a bit, i think it is clear that fcd had the better game yesterday and the gio camp isn't the crew stating otherwise.

also - a hi five the the kid that saved the ball off the line. it wasn't the goalie. great "no quit" effort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 30/07/12, 03:21 pm

In this game, a team can dominate possession, shots on goal, and just about every other positive stat and STILL lose the game.

Does that mean the better team loses sometimes? Yes it does... but don't take away from the winning team as they still kept it close enough to sneak that one goal to get the win.

At the end of the day, even if the other team is generally a better team, in that game they were not good enough to get it done and sometimes that's how it goes. No matter what, the winning team EARNS their victory.

Generally speaking, if you are the better team in one of those outings, it's better to just keep quite, take the loss, and make your case the next time you play.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next