North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 TGPL scores 10/20 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

04 TGPL scores 10/20

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

04 TGPL scores 10/20 - Page 2 Empty Re: 04 TGPL scores 10/20

Post by Nocrying 22/10/12, 11:40 am

DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:Few more guests in the Keegan game?
I Don't Get Why DeLeon Catches Flack for "Guest" Players or Whatever U Guys Call Them...

Just Yesterday, I Saw a Dalglish Girl (the SAME Girl that Did the Bulk of the Damage in their 5-0 Win Over DeLeon in TGPL) Playing in EAL w/Liverpool-Owen...

Seems to me that EVERYBODY Juggles Players Here & There...

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

My view is it shouldn't be allowed in League play, whether it be Liverpool, Texans or Sting. Tournaments? Fine! What's the point in playing a League if some of the teams involved use players from other teams? A league is based on who is the best over a number of games. Guest players weaken that idea IMO. It's fine when the kids are younger but the girls are getting nearer to Select now, it just confuses things.
That's More of a PARENTAL Issue than a Coaching Issue, in my Opinion...

DeLeon Got TGPL Commitments from Some Girls that Also Play SDL Games...My DD Also Plays EAL Games, but they're Always on Sundays, so there's Never a Conflict...It's Not as if DeLeon LIKES the Uncertainty of it All Laughing ...

If Coaches Borrowed Players from WITHIN the Same League, I'd have a Problem w/it Also...But DeLeon's TGPL Girls AREN'T Playing TGPL w/Anybody Else...

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

Lets take DeLeon's team. Before I go on, we played with DeLeon and my DD's soccer skills have alot to do with him. He and I had some words but I feel we are over it.

Now, if Deleon HAS a full roster without guest players BUT chooses to use guest players in order to play in a compettice league, what is he accomplishing? If my DD is in the lower half of the roster and is missing out on playing time because of the guest players, how should I react? My opinion, he should concentrate on developing players in a less competitive league and develope his players. He is a good coach and he can develope players.

Nocrying
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/10/12, 11:45 am

who cares about deleone Rolling Eyes Seems like they were a pretty decent team at one time and then they just became a stopping point for every little all star that wants to pick up minutes. That team won't be hear when it comes to select and those that can will have moved on. Sucks for the players that sit while the guest plays.

Oh and sheldz is right. Coaches may avoid players with a long resume as they go to select. Everybody is building a squad and sometimes commitment starts to sount for more. Nobody likes a hired gun. Unless that hired gun is way better than everybody else. lol
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/10/12, 11:47 am

Nocrying wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:
I Don't Get Why DeLeon Catches Flack for "Guest" Players or Whatever U Guys Call Them...

Just Yesterday, I Saw a Dalglish Girl (the SAME Girl that Did the Bulk of the Damage in their 5-0 Win Over DeLeon in TGPL) Playing in EAL w/Liverpool-Owen...

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

My view is it shouldn't be allowed in League play, whether it be Liverpool, Texans or Sting. Tournaments? Fine! What's the point in playing a League if some of the teams involved use players from other teams? A league is based on who is the best over a number of games. Guest players weaken that idea IMO. It's fine when the kids are younger but the girls are getting nearer to Select now, it just confuses things.

DeLeon Got TGPL Commitments from Some Girls that Also Play SDL Games...My DD Also Plays EAL Games, but they're Always on Sundays, so there's Never a Conflict...It's Not as if DeLeon LIKES the Uncertainty of it All Laughing ...

If Coaches Borrowed Players from WITHIN the Same League, I'd have a Problem w/it Also...But DeLeon's TGPL Girls AREN'T Playing TGPL w/Anybody Else...

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

Lets take DeLeon's team. Before I go on, we played with DeLeon and my DD's soccer skills have alot to do with him. He and I had some words but I feel we are over it.

Now, if Deleon HAS a full roster without guest players BUT chooses to use guest players in order to play in a compettice league, what is he accomplishing? If my DD is in the lower half of the roster and is missing out on playing time because of the guest players, how should I react? My opinion, he should concentrate on developing players in a less competitive league and develope his players. He is a good coach and he can develope players.

He does seem like a good coach but in our game there were girls sitting and it wasn't the all stars
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DEUCEE'Sdaddy 22/10/12, 12:01 pm

Nocrying wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

That's just It, DeLeon DOESN'T Have a Full Roster, to My Knowledge...& If he Does, there's Some Players CHOOSING Other Activities & Committments, which ISN'T his Fault...

During the Dalglish Game, there were 2 Girls TOTAL on DeLeon's Bench, @ Any Given Time, which he Rotated CONSTANTLY...Everybody Played ALOT that Day...I Don't Recall Much Difference in the Keegan Game Either, in Terms of # of Subs & Girls Getting Adequate Playing Time...

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool
DEUCEE'Sdaddy
DEUCEE'Sdaddy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocrying 22/10/12, 12:08 pm

DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:
Nocrying wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

That's just It, DeLeon DOESN'T Have a Full Roster, to My Knowledge...& If he Does, there's Some Players CHOOSING Other Activities & Committments, which ISN'T his Fault...

During the Dalglish Game, there were 2 Girls TOTAL on DeLeon's Bench, @ Any Given Time, which he Rotated CONSTANTLY...Everybody Played ALOT that Day...I Don't Recall Much Difference in the Keegan Game Either, in Terms of # of Subs & Girls Getting Adequate Playing Time...

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

Cool. What does that say about the Dallas Texans Club??? He has had that problem for a least 2 seasons and the club has not helped?? There are other coaches in DT that got more then 2 teams but they can not help him out?? I know DeLeon is trying to keep his team above water but if you look at it, he really aint got no team.!
Nocrying
Nocrying
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/10/12, 12:10 pm

seems like there were more than that during the rase game. But doesn't matter really. If he cant hold a full roster for 9v9 then he is lost for 11v11 and probably none of those top players will throw their hat in the ring for a makeshift team come qualifying
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 22/10/12, 12:15 pm

He probably should have stayed as Texas Black Gold. His results were better in those days.
I'm sure the Texans were all smiles when he agreed to come over to their club but it looks like the support he should be receiving from them in helping to build his team is seriously lacking. Mad
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DEUCEE'Sdaddy 22/10/12, 12:15 pm

go99 wrote:who cares about deleone Rolling Eyes Seems like they were a pretty decent team at one time and then they just became a stopping point for every little all star that wants to pick up minutes. That team won't be hear when it comes to select and those that can will have moved on. Sucks for the players that sit while the guest plays.

Oh and sheldz is right. Coaches may avoid players with a long resume as they go to select. Everybody is building a squad and sometimes commitment starts to sount for more. Nobody likes a hired gun. Unless that hired gun is way better than everybody else. lol
Quite a Few, Evidently...

DEUCEE'sdaddy Cool
DEUCEE'Sdaddy
DEUCEE'Sdaddy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DEUCEE'Sdaddy 22/10/12, 12:20 pm

Nocrying wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:
Nocrying wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:I Don't Get Why DeLeon Catches Flack for "Guest" Players or Whatever U Guys Call Them...

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

Cool. What does that say about the Dallas Texans Club??? He has had that problem for a least 2 seasons and the club has not helped?? There are other coaches in DT that got more then 2 teams but they can not help him out?? I know DeLeon is trying to keep his team above water but if you look at it, he really aint got no team.!

What DOES that Say about them???...You Tell Me???...

Again, MOST Teams Seem to have Girls Floating Here & There, Within the Same Organizational Umbrella...How's DeLeon Any DIFFERENT from that???...

If You've Got 2 Teams Playing in Various Leagues, w/COINCIDING Game Times, What would YOU Do???...

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool
DEUCEE'Sdaddy
DEUCEE'Sdaddy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocrying 22/10/12, 12:36 pm

DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:
Nocrying wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:
Nocrying wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

What DOES that Say about them???...You Tell Me???...

Again, MOST Teams Seem to have Girls Floating Here & There, Within the Same Organizational Umbrella...How's DeLeon Any DIFFERENT from that???...

If You've Got 2 Teams Playing in Various Leagues, w/COINCIDING Game Times, What would YOU Do???...

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

Duecee-you dont float 4 or more players to a team to help out EVERY week. Now be truthful- if you were a fulltime player/parent on Deleon and you are seeing all this constant movement and no true roster that DeLeon can call his own, what would you do??? You know what I did??? I called DT and complained that they were getting ready to lose my $$$$$$.
Nocrying
Nocrying
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 22/10/12, 01:42 pm

DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

If that be so about the Dalglish girl, it's interesting that the Owen coach would comment on having seen ** play the day before in TGPL when he doing the same thing. Just curious, was it the same player who scored the 2nd goal for Owen? Not that it matters that much, but it just makes the win a bit more of a quality win for Tx Spirit North.

MB, I generally agree with your comment above about guest players, but if it is allowed and everyone knows its going on, it becomes frustrating when some come on here and infer how good their team is and hate on other teams. At this level, the biggest clubs will always have the odds in their favor to win because they can share players. That makes winning against them that much more sweet. My DD steps up her game for the big dawgs. It would be great to have a straight up match up in league play and in tournaments to really see how everyone stacks up. Guess will have to wait for select.

** Never post a players number in a post. I removed the number above. - KSD (moderator)

Last edited by kellersoccerdad on 22/10/12, 02:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation)

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 22/10/12, 01:56 pm

Nocrying is the only one that has added anything of substance at all to this conversation. From a competitive standpoint who cares who your team lines up against. It is about going out and competeting against the team in the other shirt, plain and simple. The only time it matters is when people like MB feels that his team, or his friends DDs team, or his next door neighbors newphews team will lose face in the "mystical" U9 soccer rankings, that they even raise a voice. In the scenario the opposing team is never hurt in any way, shape or form. In fact, they are probably becoming better players having to play against better competition.

On the flip side, the ones that are hurt are the kids that train with a team 2 or 3 times per week, then get decreased playing time when the so called "guest" players come in for games only. This is the part that nocrying has correct. If you are the parents of one of those kids, you better be making yourselves heard or it will never change.

There is nothing wrong with grabbing another player or two to ensure that a team has a couple of subs. It is a problem when those "guest" players are used as the backbone of the team instead of being there to help out.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/10/12, 02:43 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:

DEUCEE'Sdaddy Cool

If that be so about the Dalglish girl, it's interesting that the Owen coach would comment on having seen ** play the day before in TGPL when he doing the same thing. Just curious, was it the same player who scored the 2nd goal for Owen? Not that it matters that much, but it just makes the win a bit more of a quality win for Tx Spirit North.

MB, I generally agree with your comment above about guest players, but if it is allowed and everyone knows its going on, it becomes frustrating when some come on here and infer how good their team is and hate on other teams. At this level, the biggest clubs will always have the odds in their favor to win because they can share players. That makes winning against them that much more sweet. My DD steps up her game for the big dawgs. It would be great to have a straight up match up in league play and in tournaments to really see how everyone stacks up. Guess will have to wait for select.

** Never post a players number in a post. I removed the number above. - KSD (moderator)

The guest player on LP-Owen that your talking about actually plays for this team on Sunday and Daglish on Saturday. Owen team is her original team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/10/12, 02:58 pm

slrsoccer wrote:Nocrying is the only one that has added anything of substance at all to this conversation. From a competitive standpoint who cares who your team lines up against. It is about going out and competeting against the team in the other shirt, plain and simple. The only time it matters is when people like MB feels that his team, or his friends DDs team, or his next door neighbors newphews team will lose face in the "mystical" U9 soccer rankings, that they even raise a voice. In the scenario the opposing team is never hurt in any way, shape or form. In fact, they are probably becoming better players having to play against better competition.

On the flip side, the ones that are hurt are the kids that train with a team 2 or 3 times per week, then get decreased playing time when the so called "guest" players come in for games only. This is the part that nocrying has correct. If you are the parents of one of those kids, you better be making yourselves heard or it will never change.

There is nothing wrong with grabbing another player or two to ensure that a team has a couple of subs. It is a problem when those "guest" players are used as the backbone of the team instead of being there to help out.

Actually my DD's team is ranked way outside the top 20 so it's nothing to do with that. I just think its the coach who uses guest players that eventually gets hurt and also those kids on the bench who don't get a look in. Out of interest, how many "Guest" players pay dues to these teams? I know for a fact that not many do.

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 22/10/12, 03:15 pm

No question it hurts the coach and the players on the bench. What I am struggling with is why an outsider would be interested in who is paying dues. There is nothing wrong with playing with one team on a Saturday and another on Sunday. Just because you might have found a long term home for your daughter doesn't mean everyone else has. What is the harm in experiencing different environmnents to see which one a young player thrives in?

From what I understand, dues are payed to the club and not necessarily the team. A coach must maintain a minimum number of full time paying members or his pay goes down incrementily. It is ultimately the coaches decision how he runs his/her team and should be of no concern to anyone not affiliated with that team.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DEUCEE'Sdaddy 22/10/12, 03:31 pm

dupe

Last edited by DEUCEE'Sdaddy on 22/10/12, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/10/12, 03:34 pm

Some of these kids are from other clubs. Also, if I'm paying a coach to develop my kid, irrespective of whether it goes to the club, why should I be happy another kid jumps on the team for a free ride the whole season? I don't really care if they are better or improve results. All I care about is my kid getting touches on the field, I'm not happy if playing time is reduced because a more talented kid wants to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by DEUCEE'Sdaddy 22/10/12, 03:42 pm

In a COMPETITIVE Sporting Environment, a Coach CAN'T Please Everybody...

Everybody WANTS their Child to Start, Get the Most Playing Time, Play the Position SHE Wants to Play, Score the Most Goals, etc., but that's Not Always REALISTIC...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/10/12, 03:46 pm

Select I'd agree but Academy? Development is supposed to be the key.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/10/12, 03:48 pm

wow sounds like one hell of a player. Think it may be time to drop her in a RASE game. Would love to see the skill.

Yeah don't see the big deal. Its his team and if the parents dont mind hanging out on a temporary makeshift team then its all good. 4 or 5 guest didnt really matter in our game so maybe if it did in the others, then they should focus on improving their team instead of worrying about deleone. I can see how it upsets peoples view of the standings if you fall below them
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 22/10/12, 04:01 pm

go99 wrote:wow sounds like one hell of a player. Think it may be time to drop her in a RASE game. Would love to see the skill.

Yeah don't see the big deal. Its his team and if the parents dont mind hanging out on a temporary makeshift team then its all good. 4 or 5 guest didnt really matter in our game so maybe if it did in the others, then they should focus on improving their team instead of worrying about deleone. I can see how it upsets peoples view of the standings if you fall below them

Stick around after your game Saturday for the match of the week... if she is playing on Dalglish she will play DTS right after the RASE game. Should be a good game.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/10/12, 04:22 pm

yep I should stick around, maybe DD can play the next game too Wink lol. Dalglish can go all Deleone on you guys lmao.

Actually if it who I think it is the RASE girls all really love her and were a little dissappointed to no have her one the team this season.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by WingNut 22/10/12, 04:37 pm

She will be there just like every other Liverpool Dalglish game. She is on our team not a guest, she attends practice just like the other girls. She is finishing out the season with Liverpool Owen as well to fulfill her obligation to the Coach. Keep in mind there are 12 other girls on Dalglish that arent too shabby.
WingNut
WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 22/10/12, 08:20 pm

Agree that Dalglish is a strong team with several talented players. They deserve a top 5 and maybe a top 3 ranking. From recent results, it seems clear they are ahead of Keegan at this point.

Most of the top teams have strong overall rosters. In my opinion, the teams that win have one or two standout players who are difference makers. Watch any good team play and you know what I'm talking about.

What makes RASE better than the others is their top 3 players. Without them, they are good but not the best. There are girls on Dalglish who are better than some on RASE. The placement of some of the girls was based on how long they had been with the club and politics. Of course, talent is also a factor but not the only one. This has been one of LW's many challenges and he has done a good job keeping parents happy.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/10/12, 08:29 pm

LMAO you doing a good job of breaking it all down for not knowing what you are talking about. Quite a few of the dalglish girls have been with LW way longer than some of the RASE girls with several going all the way back to the Texan days. And it's not the top 3 that make RASE what it is, it's the fact that unlike many teams they don't have to depend on a top 3 and they play as a team. Any team that has a couple of top players is easy to handle. Stop the top players and the team crumbles around them.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 22/10/12, 09:37 pm

LOL. What's the matter? You can dish it out to criticize everybody else on here but can't take the heat?

OK whatever you say the almighty knowing expert. Where does your soccer knowledge come from? What are your credentials?

Seems like I struck a nerve. Truth hurts.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next