North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TGPL Predictions for 11/3  Gold division games - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

TGPL Predictions for 11/3 Gold division games

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TGPL Predictions for 11/3  Gold division games - Page 2 Empty Re: TGPL Predictions for 11/3 Gold division games

Post by SolarPower00 02/11/12, 07:49 am

I agree that will be a great match-up.
But, most of us want to know why SRSA would pull both the A and B teams out of the playoffs. I spoke with a couple DTS parents earlier this week and they were looking forward to Saturday's matchup vs. the champs.
Maybe we need an 03 poll asking the readers why they think SRSA is not playing Saturday.... scratch

Kidding!

SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

TGPL Predictions for 11/3  Gold division games - Page 2 Empty Re: TGPL Predictions for 11/3 Gold division games

Post by Joe scafone 02/11/12, 08:34 am

Calm Down wrote:DTS vs Sting Mendoza will be a great game!!

Heard this game wasn't being played.

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 02/11/12, 09:37 am

Joe scafone wrote:

It's on, just earlier in the day than originally scheduled.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 02/11/12, 02:30 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
Joe scafone wrote:

It's on, just earlier in the day than originally scheduled.

Good to hear, this is going to be a great match up. Wish both teams continued success.
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 02/11/12, 02:58 pm

flygirl wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:If anyone thought they were going to even give SRSA a run for their money or even score on them at that, here are the Standings with Goals For and Goals Against - I think the pack is left to figure out who is the undisputed Number 2 and beyond in the age group:

Come on! Really? DTS WANTS to play SRSA in a BIG way. They don't care if they lose. They are the underdogs. What do underdogs have to fear?

The really tough thing is to keep a winning streak alive. No one likes to lose, but the upside to losing is that you can reevaluate what your team did wrong in the game and work harder on those things. You learn less by success than by failure. Failure is the way we learn and having resilience to keep coming back and trying new things to overcome that failure, is the one of greatest things that help build character.

I hope they pulled out because they are doing something that conflicts with the game rather than ego, lack of depth, injuries to key players, etc.

What's the worst case scenario for both of their teams? They lose? Who cares? EVERY team has a bad game sometimes. I've coached my teams where there will inevitably be a game where we would be in the opposition's half 99% of the game and have tons of shots on goal, but still couldn't find the back of the net and lose by one breakaway.

Again, I hope it's not ego because the second place teams want a chance to play the best. Right now, SRSA is the best. No one would dispute that fact with one bad game. If they did, then they are ignorant.

Sounds like YOU want to play SRSA in a BIG WAY. IMO, I think they probably did have a bad game or an "off day", which is why they only won by 3 in the first meeting. I would focus your DD on the game in front of you and stop speaking for the team. Believe me, Mendoza has plenty of tools and the drive to help DTS and your DD "build character" and "deal with failure".

You obviously miss the point. I don't care if someone loses by 3 or 300. I just want to see a great game. I don't doubt Mendoza wouldn't want the chance to play SRSA or any other team for that matter. Since you are so incredibly certain that they will win, then what is wrong with taking the pitch for 60 more minutes and not deny teams like DTS, Mendoza, et al, who might like to try to learn from their past mistakes and bring out something different? Since SRSA is THE ultimate litmus test of how good a team can be, then only by competing against them can you see if what you are trying new is going to help you improve.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 02/11/12, 03:55 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:
flygirl wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:If anyone thought they were going to even give SRSA a run for their money or even score on them at that, here are the Standings with Goals For and Goals Against - I think the pack is left to figure out who is the undisputed Number 2 and beyond in the age group:

Come on! Really? DTS WANTS to play SRSA in a BIG way. They don't care if they lose. They are the underdogs. What do underdogs have to fear?

The really tough thing is to keep a winning streak alive. No one likes to lose, but the upside to losing is that you can reevaluate what your team did wrong in the game and work harder on those things. You learn less by success than by failure. Failure is the way we learn and having resilience to keep coming back and trying new things to overcome that failure, is the one of greatest things that help build character.

I hope they pulled out because they are doing something that conflicts with the game rather than ego, lack of depth, injuries to key players, etc.

What's the worst case scenario for both of their teams? They lose? Who cares? EVERY team has a bad game sometimes. I've coached my teams where there will inevitably be a game where we would be in the opposition's half 99% of the game and have tons of shots on goal, but still couldn't find the back of the net and lose by one breakaway.

Again, I hope it's not ego because the second place teams want a chance to play the best. Right now, SRSA is the best. No one would dispute that fact with one bad game. If they did, then they are ignorant.

Sounds like YOU want to play SRSA in a BIG WAY. IMO, I think they probably did have a bad game or an "off day", which is why they only won by 3 in the first meeting. I would focus your DD on the game in front of you and stop speaking for the team. Believe me, Mendoza has plenty of tools and the drive to help DTS and your DD "build character" and "deal with failure".

You obviously miss the point. I don't care if someone loses by 3 or 300. I just want to see a great game. I don't doubt Mendoza wouldn't want the chance to play SRSA or any other team for that matter. Since you are so incredibly certain that they will win, then what is wrong with taking the pitch for 60 more minutes and not deny teams like DTS, Mendoza, et al, who might like to try to learn from their past mistakes and bring out something different? Since SRSA is THE ultimate litmus test of how good a team can be, then only by competing against them can you see if what you are trying new is going to help you improve.

Like I said in my first post, the match-ups will be better without them. I would much rather see the unpredictable outcome Mendoza vs. DTS (and battle for #2) - which will be a test for both teams. Silver as well, that will be great to see the unpredictable outcome of Cosmos vs. Vitesse.

SRSA tests are over this year, they are superior. I guess everyone has the winter to try and close the gap another notch - which I know for a fact is on several very talented coaches to do list.
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 03/11/12, 09:56 am

Sting M - Texans 0-0 at half.

Possesion about even may favor DTS. Shots favor DTS, corners favor DTS. No real threats on either side.

Good possesion soccer all the way around.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 03/11/12, 10:40 am

DTS 2 - Sting M 0

Great game. DTS was just too much. 2nd half about the same as first but DTS made good on their opportunities and Sting not so much.

They out lasted us and outplayed us (but not by much). We ran out of steam in the 2nd half and they kept their pace. Sting M will need one more in the pack to take down that beast. You can't take'em down with one sub.

Good job DTS and Sting M.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by blastit 03/11/12, 04:01 pm

Any score updates from Gold and Silver?

blastit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 03/11/12, 04:20 pm

FCD East Predator 5
FCD Premier - 3

LP Dalglish - 2
Sting S/S - 1

2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mackgee 03/11/12, 04:49 pm

Fever 2
Sting Davis 1
mackgee
mackgee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie 03/11/12, 05:08 pm

Sting Central Parker 2
Thunder Black 1
Rookie
Rookie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by liongirl03 03/11/12, 09:42 pm

Vitesse 3
Cosmos 1

liongirl03
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Im_New 04/11/12, 07:28 am

Mustangs 0
Texans FW 5

Im_New
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Header 04/11/12, 10:23 am

outonthelimb wrote:DTS 2 - Sting M 0

Great game. DTS was just too much. 2nd half about the same as first but DTS made good on their opportunities and Sting not so much.

They out lasted us and outplayed us (but not by much). We ran out of steam in the 2nd half and they kept their pace. Sting M will need one more in the pack to take down that beast. You can't take'em down with one sub.

Good job DTS and Sting M.

---------------------------------

Absolutely, I agree, it was alot like last WEEK against SRSA --

Yeah, last week the score was 5-0 but it was not indicative of what actually took place
... if you think about it really hard, you kinda, sorta, probably... WELL, LET'S BE HONEST...
study

Like you said, last week if Coach would have kept his best players in and SRSA would have rested their best players (psst, which they should be doing, duh?! ) you would probably could have won the game. I mean for all intents and purposes you basically, actually, probably did win, even if the score was 5-0.

This week, yeah, the score was 2-0, but like you clearly indicate, just ran out out of a teeny, tiny bit of steam at the end. Heck, with an extra sub or two would most likely, probably, - I mean without a doubt have won. And because you have dedicated parents, not looking elsewhere and play with a small roster of 13, well, let's just go ahead and put it down as another WIN for Sting. Just like last week's game.

Yeahh... that's it!

Thanks for setting everything straight.
drunken

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

TGPL Predictions for 11/3  Gold division games - Page 2 Empty LP Keegan/Whelan

Post by MaskedWriter 04/11/12, 02:15 pm

LP Keegan and LP Whelan elected not to play TGPL playoff since the two teams were scheduled to play the following day in EAL.

EAL from today:
LP Keegan 4
LP Whelan 2

Last edited by MaskedWriter on 04/11/12, 05:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaskedWriter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 04/11/12, 04:03 pm

Hmmm....uhhhh. Thank you, I think? Smile

Its tough getting things straight for you but I try and I'm ecstatic that you are appreciative. Let me know when you or your DDs team are playing and I will provide a recap of that as well. It seems you're a fan and I love it. None of that stalker stuff though...it's a little creepy.

Can't please'em all... say the score is indicative of the gap between the teams and throw superaltives toward the other teams and the Headers Haters get flustered. Say you were out played by the opponent and will need more players to take them down and the Headers Haters get flustered....

I'm going to take Ma$e's advice and just "Breathe, Stretch, Shake and Let it go..."

And in the process I will do as Quint Black's song says and "Shake Them Headers Haters Off."
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/11/12, 04:32 pm

jj4mel wrote:DTS wouldn't play the final game vs SRSA last season.

jj4mel you are misinformed, this is the second season in a row SRSA backed out of the TGPL Championship game. We were told they had a prior commitment.

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 05/11/12, 06:22 pm

dtsouth03 wrote:

jj4mel you are misinformed, this is the second season in a row SRSA backed out of the TGPL Championship game. We were told they had a prior commitment.

Well congratulations, I guess that means DTS wins. Again, WHO CARES?
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 05/11/12, 06:43 pm

dtsouth03 wrote:

Talk to Gabe about last season. His exact words to Derek was "why should we bother playing you guys again". At that point Gabe refused to play srsa for the championship. I have no idea of who backed out this season, but I was present during last seasons conversation.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 05/11/12, 08:42 pm

flygirl wrote:
dtsouth03 wrote:

Fly_girl why are you even in this discussion...I remember you saying something about limiting your opinions to the Silver division???!
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 05/11/12, 09:11 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:
flygirl wrote:
dtsouth03 wrote:

Fly_girl why are you even in this discussion...I remember you saying something about limiting your opinions to the Silver division???!

True... I will shut up.
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/11/12, 09:33 pm

jj4mel wrote:
dtsouth03 wrote:

Talk to Gabe about last season. His exact words to Derek was "why should we bother playing you guys again". At that point Gabe refused to play srsa for the championship. I have no idea of who backed out this season, but I was present during last seasons conversation.

jj4mel what you are saying is very interesting, I'm not sure what Derek told his parents. Gabe has never refused to play anyone. Pkplayer (Primetime official) can you explain what really happened it appears there are two sides to this story. SRSA is a great team we would play them every weekend if we could, It would only makes us better as a team. Wins and losses don't matter to us developing is what is important.

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 05/11/12, 09:48 pm

dtsouth03 wrote:

Whats your point with your "SRSA" bashing. Do you really believe SRSA is afraid to play your team? C'mon Smile SRSA has played every opponent, including every top boys teams playing multiple games every weekend. Again, here are the final TGPL standings prior to this last weekend games. From these standings, I guess if your team can win TWO more games, you can then claim to be champs? Does that work? I don't think SRSA is hiding at all. Pretty sure you can find them if you wanted to?

TGPL Predictions for 11/3  Gold division games - Page 2 Tgpl_u14

If that doesn't work for you....Let's compare SRSA & DT South results against the very same TGPL opponents:

DTS vs.

FCD East 3-0
Sting M 2-0
Sting S DNP
FCD 0-0 TIE Shocked
LP 1-2 LOSE Sad
Cosmos 7-1 cheers
Sting W DNP
Fever 7-0 cheers

SRSA vs.

FCD East 11-0
Sting M 5-0
Sting S 8-0
FCD 8-0
LP 6-0
Cosmos 13-0 (last time played in summer)
Sting W 6-0
Fever DNP
DTsouth03's team 4-1 (BTW- congrats on scoring on SRSA) cheers

There is no comparison or competition in the division for SRSA. All of the above scores are also while playing 3 games every Saturday, hmmmm. Arrow DTSouth should focus on their team going forward hoping their top players don't leave over the winter? Time to move on. On another note, the last time I checked it is not SRSA's responsibility to make you better. Your coach should be doing that on the practice field week in and week out.

BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 05/11/12, 10:31 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:
dtsouth03 wrote:

Whats your point with your "SRSA" bashing. Do you really believe SRSA is afraid to play your team? C'mon Smile SRSA has played every opponent, including every top boys teams playing multiple games every weekend. Again, here are the final TGPL standings prior to this last weekend games. From these standings, I guess if your team can win TWO more games, you can then claim to be champs? Does that work? I don't think SRSA is hiding at all. Pretty sure you can find them if you wanted to?

TGPL Predictions for 11/3  Gold division games - Page 2 Tgpl_u14

If that doesn't work for you....Let's compare SRSA & DT South results against the very same TGPL opponents:

DTS vs.

FCD East 3-0
Sting M 2-0
Sting S DNP
FCD 0-0 TIE Shocked
LP 1-2 LOSE Sad
Cosmos 7-1 cheers
Sting W DNP
Fever 7-0 cheers

SRSA vs.

FCD East 11-0
Sting M 5-0
Sting S 8-0
FCD 8-0
LP 6-0
Cosmos 13-0 (last time played in summer)
Sting W 6-0
Fever DNP
DTsouth03's team 4-1 (BTW- congrats on scoring on SRSA) cheers

There is no comparison or competition in the division for SRSA. All of the above scores are also while playing 3 games every Saturday, hmmmm. Arrow DTSouth should focus on their team going forward hoping their top players don't leave over the winter? Time to move on. On another note, the last time I checked it is not SRSA's responsibility to make you better. Your coach should be doing that on the practice field week in and week out.

Talk about your drama queens.

No one bashed SRSA... someone implied DTS backed out this year and this was clarified. Maybe there was a misunderstanding of last year, who knows which story is true... the coaches could have told their teams different things.

Why would DTS ever be afraid of playing SRSA? They are the underdogs with nothing to lose.

Also, I appreciate the great lengths to provide evidence of how great we already know SRSA is. Good work.

Finally, while Derek has done a great job with these girls, I don't think the parents of who is clearly the most successful academy coach in north Texas, are worried about their kids development. Can you name another coach with 4 current teams in the top 5 (DTS 02, 03, 04, 05)?

I think they will be ok.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/11/12, 11:36 pm

Ouch bumpy, take it easy, I will not take your bait. I never stated SRSA was scared that would be dumb. My point was our girls play whoever is in front of them no matter the outcome. I like how you posted all those stats those are really cool. At the beginning of the TGPL season all teams were told the two teams with the most points would play the last game of the season and that didn't happen for whatever reason. I will not get in a mud slinging contest with you. Good night!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next