North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

SIDELINE ETIQUETTE... - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

SIDELINE ETIQUETTE...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SIDELINE ETIQUETTE... - Page 3 Empty Re: SIDELINE ETIQUETTE...

Post by dadof3 17/11/12, 10:44 am

LOL! THAT was funny.

dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by deepblack 18/11/12, 08:14 pm

I have a nomination for worst parent of the year. In the league challenge cup final, tx lightning vs fever red, a lightning parent caused a stoppage of the game by coming on to the field to admonish a fever player for her play.
deepblack
deepblack
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 18/11/12, 08:33 pm

deepblack wrote:I have a nomination for worst parent of the year. In the league challenge cup final, tx lightning vs fever red, a lightning parent caused a stoppage of the game by coming on to the field to admonish a fever player for her play.

Wow! At first I had no clue as to why it was stopped. I'm still not sure. But as soon as play resumed her team got scored on due to the confusion she caused. I'm sure she her DD was not happy. Think parents! These are 8 year old girls.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DEUCEE'Sdaddy 19/11/12, 10:14 am

deepblack wrote:I have a nomination for worst parent of the year. In the league challenge cup final, tx lightning vs fever red, a lightning parent caused a stoppage of the game by coming on to the field to admonish a fever player for her play.
WOW!!!...I'm Embarrassed FOR that Parent...Again, WHO Does That???...

No

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/11/12, 10:18 am

One added note: Most of the Ref's and AR's are usually younger too. They will make mistakes for BOTH sides. Admonishing them won't help. THEY are learning too. Please, PLEASE, don't be THAT parent that feels the need to go over AFTER a game to teach those sweet referree kids a lesson (witnessed on saturday night in McKinney - a dad got in the face of a girl ref that was maybe 14 to complain of all the pushing she let go). The game is over. These are 8 years old girls and teen-aged ref's. Let them all grow. The mistakes will be evened out over the next few years... :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 20/11/12, 11:41 am

I'll get it started...

Kum Ba Ya, my lord...Kum Ba Ya....

EVERYONE!!!! Hold hands now...

Kum Ba Ya, my lord...Kum Ba Ya...

(is it working yet?) Smile
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 20/11/12, 03:08 pm

logansdaddy wrote:One added note: Most of the Ref's and AR's are usually younger too. They will make mistakes for BOTH sides. Admonishing them won't help. THEY are learning too. Please, PLEASE, don't be THAT parent that feels the need to go over AFTER a game to teach those sweet referree kids a lesson (witnessed on saturday night in McKinney - a dad got in the face of a girl ref that was maybe 14 to complain of all the pushing she let go). The game is over. These are 8 years old girls and teen-aged ref's. Let them all grow. The mistakes will be evened out over the next few years... :-)

+1

Parents if you have an issue while the game is going on go get the head ref or league/tourney official and have them come watch the game. Allow them to see the issues and let them handle it after the game. Trust me if they see an issue they will speak to the ref(s).

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 20/11/12, 04:33 pm

I agree. The only time I seek out a young referee after a game is if there is something complimentary or encouraging I wish to say.

I do that quite a bit with the young ones - whether it be something quick like "nice job today", or to compliment a specific trait I would like to see more of...like being educational when calling rule infractions, being overly obvious when calling advantage, making motions or verbalizing about what they saw (like a ricochet off a player), etc.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DEUCEE'Sdaddy 21/02/13, 08:57 am

The Sideline Police Received Notification of a VIOLATION, this Past Weekend...A Soccer Parent Uttered the Following Words, Whilst Occupying Space on the OPPOSING Teams Portion of the Sideline:

"I Don't Pay $100 to Listen to your Coach *itch (complain) !"

affraid affraid

This Is Merely a Warning, NOT an Official CITATION...But Duly Note, you're Now on the RADAR of the Sideline Police...

Basketball

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsuccer 21/02/13, 09:01 am

DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:The Sideline Police Received Notification of a VIOLATION, this Past Weekend...A Soccer Parent Uttered the Following Words, Whilst Occupying Space on the OPPOSING Teams Portion of the Sideline:

affraid affraid

This Is Merely a Warning, NOT an Official CITATION...But Duly Note, you're Now on the RADAR of the Sideline Police...

Basketball

DEUCEE'Sdaddy is back. Welcome back! cheers
FCsuccer
FCsuccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DEUCEE'Sdaddy 21/02/13, 09:26 am

Thank you!

cheers

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/02/13, 10:38 am

A coach sent this to all the parents on a friend's soccer team - although it is in reference to hockey it speaks volumes about parent interaction during ANY games.

https://youtu.be/rWjBvcfhRX0

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 21/02/13, 12:57 pm

DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:The Sideline Police Received Notification of a VIOLATION, this Past Weekend...A Soccer Parent Uttered the Following Words, Whilst Occupying Space on the OPPOSING Teams Portion of the Sideline:

affraid affraid

Basketball

You're a trip..lol In all fairness, I do not believe the "b" word was used, but don't think that's really the point of your post..

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/02/13, 06:48 pm

SoccaDad wrote:A coach sent this to all the parents on a friend's soccer team - although it is in reference to hockey it speaks volumes about parent interaction during ANY games.

That's a beauty, eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by heygirl 21/02/13, 08:40 pm

Yes indeed. Once again a kid gets what some parents can't see.
heygirl
heygirl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/02/13, 12:09 pm

Excellent reminder for parents. There's always more we can do to make the game better for the kids. I went to Academy Sports yesterday and purchased magic headbands for our entire U-11 girls team. At one point in practice yesterday, our goalie leaped waist high above the crossbar to stop a shot that surely would have taken out half the cars in the parking lot, then threw the ball into the opposing goal 110yds away. It punched a hole through the net and the chain link fence behind it, but it was a great throw. Academy says they are all out of magic headbands, but they'll have some more in............in seven years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/02/13, 02:08 pm

bwgophers wrote:
SoccaDad wrote:A coach sent this to all the parents on a friend's soccer team - although it is in reference to hockey it speaks volumes about parent interaction during ANY games.

That's a beauty, eh?

I was actually waiting for Bob and Doug McKenzie to jump out on the screen to put the finishing touches on it but I was foiled - nothing of the sort.

Back to top Go down

SIDELINE ETIQUETTE... - Page 3 Empty Radar of the sideline police/ 8.5 rating

Post by WalkingDead 22/02/13, 10:12 pm

Deucee Daddy is that a Travon Martin avatar? Saw your post on being ranked 8.5 or 9 and that parent etiquette blog you started. Looks like an excerpt from "Dreams from my Father" If you are part of TXSpirit N you guys were no better than Chacon Sting. Crap call on a PK from a teenager letting you guys re-kick a PK on poor ball placement. Wonder if she would have made it, if Barney Frank aka coach would have still been hollering. Also wonder if she would have made it, would the refs made her re-kick on a Sting complaint based on a 2ft misplacement, probably not. If Sting Chacon is not ranked top 10 and you believe you guys are 8.5 your on the same stuff as the Choom Gang. Good game, but get over yourself as the sideline police, yellow card, red card candy land games. Both teams played hard and the pk should have never occurred in the first place. Let the girls play, in the last 3 minutes of a game. 1-1 teams looked evenly matched to me, without the iffy pre/post pk call. Final 2-1 Spirit
WalkingDead
WalkingDead
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 22/02/13, 10:41 pm

WalkingDead wrote:Deucee Daddy is that a Travon Martin avatar? Saw your post on being ranked 8.5 or 9 and that parent etiquette blog you started. Looks like an excerpt from "Dreams from my Father" If you are part of TXSpirit N you guys were no better than Chacon Sting. Crap call on a PK from a teenager letting you guys re-kick a PK on poor ball placement. Wonder if she would have made it, if Barney Frank aka coach would have still been hollering. Also wonder if she would have made it, would the refs made her re-kick on a Sting complaint based on a 2ft misplacement, probably not. If Sting Chacon is not ranked top 10 and you believe you guys are 8.5 your on the same stuff as the Choom Gang. Good game, but get over yourself as the sideline police, yellow card, red card candy land games. Both teams played hard and the pk should have never occurred in the first place. Let the girls play, in the last 3 minutes of a game. 1-1 teams looked evenly matched to me, without the iffy pre/post pk call. Final 2-1 Spirit

Are you really that drunk so early in the evening?

Or are you always a jackass? Can't tell...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DEUCEE'Sdaddy 22/02/13, 11:32 pm

Classy 1st Post, Walking Dead affraid ...

If You're NOT Finished Venting, & Would like to Get Something Else Off your Chest, in Regards to My Avatar, Soccer, or Whatever, Inbox Me...

Basketball

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/02/13, 04:04 pm

affraid affraid

Basketball

Appears there were more than just this violation - SDL President sent out a little nastigram to all the Coaches and Managers this week regarding sideline activities that were over the top. They didn't name names or call out what games this happened during, but, he sent a reminder, the Code of Conduct for SDL, and a little video to go with it. So it appears there were several violations that happened this weekend.

Here's the nifty little video he sent: https://youtu.be/ezZ2ZRfSsLY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/02/13, 08:19 pm

I heard there was an 06 BBs game called mid game because of a few "outstanding" parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by EPL Fan 23/02/13, 08:50 pm

Androfan aka Kicksfan wrote:I heard there was an 06 BBs game called mid game because of a few "outstanding" parents.

It was a boys game, between an FC Dallas team and a Liverpool Team and it was the Liverpool parent that was upset, I don't think the issue was more than one idiot Liverpool parent, who keep telling everyone he was the Director of Liverpool.
EPL Fan
EPL Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/02/13, 10:56 pm

Nope, the one I heard of was between a Solar squad and someone else. Parents cussing and being aggressive with a ref.

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 23/02/13, 11:39 pm

WalkingDead wrote:Deucee Daddy is that a Travon Martin avatar? Saw your post on being ranked 8.5 or 9 and that parent etiquette blog you started. Looks like an excerpt from "Dreams from my Father" If you are part of TXSpirit N you guys were no better than Chacon Sting. Crap call on a PK from a teenager letting you guys re-kick a PK on poor ball placement. Wonder if she would have made it, if Barney Frank aka coach would have still been hollering. Also wonder if she would have made it, would the refs made her re-kick on a Sting complaint based on a 2ft misplacement, probably not. If Sting Chacon is not ranked top 10 and you believe you guys are 8.5 your on the same stuff as the Choom Gang. Good game, but get over yourself as the sideline police, yellow card, red card candy land games. Both teams played hard and the pk should have never occurred in the first place. Let the girls play, in the last 3 minutes of a game. 1-1 teams looked evenly matched to me, without the iffy pre/post pk call. Final 2-1 Spirit

I been waiting all day to see if anyone would respond to your little messy comments from last night, but they may be a little too hot for most. So what up esse? Or is that a swastika tatt you wearing? What's up with the Trayvon Martin reference? Or the "Dreams from my Father" reference? Was that called for? Not that he needs me to speak out, but Duecee's Daddy is simply having fun with the sideline etiquette stuff and most people probably find it humorous. What's your problem with it? Again, with the 8.5 stuff, just being sarcastic or facetious, whatever the word is. I actually agree with you that that ranking is a bit too high for right now, but why would you take offense and respond so harshly? With respect to the game in question, he wasn't at the game, but I was. I was as close to the play in question as you likely were. So, with respect to your comment about letting them play in the last 3 minutes, does that mean allowing the defender to trip the offensive player inside the 18' line without consequence? In all probability Avatar was fixing to score. Personally I wish the trip and resulting PK mess hadn't happened, so as to prevent any sour grapes. I also wish that Avatar had scored on the free kick (or was it a PK, I don't recall?), in the first half. Odds are she puts those in the back of the net most times. Had she, then all this other stuff would be moot. With respect to your Barney Frank reference to the coach, that's about as insulting as it gets. You can't relate to the kind of hood he comes from. He doesn't deserve that insult. On the field, he argued the spot of the ball which he was right about. You may not like the outcome, and I agree with you, both teams played hard, but on this day the better team won. And FYI, I ain't on no Choom Gang stuff. Furthermore, lest you think otherwise, I didn't vote for B.O., either time, but like I said on the field that day, right is right, and your little vitriolic comments were totally unacceptable. Final 2-1 Tx Spirit North

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3