North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03s  - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03s

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03s  - Page 2 Empty Re: Legacy Freedom Cup - 03s

Post by SolarPower00 29/01/13, 07:40 pm

silentparent wrote:
go99 wrote:oohh somebody has a sensitive spot. Or do you just have a hardon for LW? Whats really silly is that someone would care about another teams uniform

nahh, just think its dumb. all it needs now is lw's face on the sleeve....

Like that would ever happen

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03s  - Page 2 Dfw_0011

SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/01/13, 08:32 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:
silentparent wrote:
go99 wrote:oohh somebody has a sensitive spot. Or do you just have a hardon for LW? Whats really silly is that someone would care about another teams uniform

now thats darn funny........

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 29/01/13, 09:39 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:
silentparent wrote:

Who is going to make this their avatar first? That is the question.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 29/01/13, 10:33 pm

I would love to see that on their sleeves. More teams should Do it but sadly these are just 10 year olds jerseys so some of the big heads these coaches have Might not fit on their sleeves.

So silentparent, what's your beef about them getting new jerseys? Doesnt seem like it's that big of deal. Most people knew 03 Dalglish had become the top team for LP in this age group so the better question was why, with LWs ego as big as you say it is, wasn't this done sooner? Personally I think those RASE uniforms are the best looking ones I've seen, I'm also a bit partial to the Cosmos uniforms as well.

This I one of the things I love about this board, a post tht started off talking about a tournament as morphed into a conversation about uniforms. Smile

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/01/13, 07:05 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:I would love to see that on their sleeves. More teams should Do it but sadly these are just 10 year olds jerseys so some of the big heads these coaches have Might not fit on their sleeves.

So silentparent, what's your beef about them getting new jerseys? Doesnt seem like it's that big of deal. Most people knew 03 Dalglish had become the top team for LP in this age group so the better question was why, with LWs ego as big as you say it is, wasn't this done sooner? Personally I think those RASE uniforms are the best looking ones I've seen, I'm also a bit partial to the Cosmos uniforms as well.

This I one of the things I love about this board, a post tht started off talking about a tournament as morphed into a conversation about uniforms. Smile

really dont care,just kind of odd. Liverpool seems ok with it and its their club so whatever...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 30/01/13, 08:24 am

yeah you care. Thats why we love you
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/01/13, 08:26 am

go99 wrote:yeah you care. Thats why we love you

Lol, if it makes you feel warm and tingly to have a different uniform then the rest of the club, go for it...... Rolling Eyes :

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 30/01/13, 08:33 am

Looks like inter-club rivalry weekend in Gold...
For the record, I think LP Rush and LP Keegan have a high probability to spoil someones playoff hope...

Semi A
LP RASE 03 +2
LP RASE 04

Semi B
Sting M +1
Sting G

FINAL
LP RASE 03
Sting M

1-1 Goes to PKs and RASE 03 with their new LW pimped uniforms, win in a nail biter.
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 30/01/13, 08:34 am

not really. It does look cooler but it makes it difficult to bring in new girls for games. But if it brings out the haters then its probably worth it.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/01/13, 08:37 am

go99 wrote:not really. It does look cooler but it makes it difficult to bring in new girls for games. But if it brings out the haters then its probably worth it.

Umm, if rush or keegan rank higher after qt, do the girls have to give that team the uniforms? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 30/01/13, 08:47 am

Uh I think they lose the uniforms after qualifying anyway. R.A.S.E. = Reds academy school of excellence

I would think you 03's would be happy that they didn't consolidate with all of the best players. But not to worry there is no ranking after qualifying. I hope they all make D1. You have to play for your rank then.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/01/13, 08:51 am

go99 wrote:Uh I think they lose the uniforms after qualifying anyway. R.A.S.E. = Reds academy school of excellence

I would think you 03's would be happy that they didn't consolidate with all of the best players. But not to worry there is no ranking after qualifying. I hope they all make D1. You have to play for your rank then.

Now that we can agree on. A super team of daglish, keegan and rush would be a powerhouse in that 03 age group.

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 30/01/13, 09:04 am

silentparent wrote:
go99 wrote:Uh I think they lose the uniforms after qualifying anyway. R.A.S.E. = Reds academy school of excellence

Now that we can agree on. A super team of daglish, keegan and rush would be a powerhouse in that 03 age group.

I do not think they would be better consolidated at least for a year. You have one key scorer / play maker for each team. They would need to learn to play as a unit rather than individual stars - then they could be a powerhouse.

Look at SRSA, they do not score 10+ in games with one player. They work as a unit to find an open shot and then have 6 inter-changable scoring threats on the field at all times that can bury it when they get an open shot.

Super teams do not just form overnight, they take time.
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/01/13, 09:05 am

silentparent wrote:

Yup, merge those 3 and recruit jamestren to bring his otherworldly '03 down from Okla. and that might only lose to SRSA by 3 or 4... affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/01/13, 09:12 am

bwgophers wrote:
silentparent wrote:

Yup, merge those 3 and recruit jamestren to bring his otherworldly '03 down from Okla. and that might only lose to SRSA by 3 or 4... affraid

I thought jamestren's girl was so good she could play all the positions by herself and beat srsa? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/01/13, 10:43 am

silentparent wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
silentparent wrote:

I thought jamestren's girl was so good she could play all the positions by herself and beat srsa? Wink

She could, but in order to do so, she would have to give up geo caching, bowling, lasertag, movies, and D&B's, and jamestren would then have to push her to the point where even he'd have to admit that the people who question his mental stability were correct...

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 30/01/13, 11:28 am

From what I've always heard if they were going to join teams then it would have been done last year but some of the teams didn't want to split up so they decided to not do it. Shocking I know, I would have thought they would have recruited internally but it doesn't look like they did. Looks like its all played put well for all the teams Rush and Keegan seems to be soon well and Dalglish/RASE 03 held their own in Primetime last year.

As far as this tournament goes I think it's going to be a Mendoza/RASE 03 final. However it wouldn't shock me at all if Rush sneaks up on Mendoza or RASE 03 and either ties or beats one of them to make it to Sunday. On the other side I think Sting G makes it through because all they do is win recently and then the winner of the Friday game gets the 2nd seed.

Should be a good tournament, definitely a good way to shake some of the dust loose for a few of these teams (Mendoza, RASE 03) before Primetime starts.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 30/01/13, 11:39 am

My prediction is for a
RASE v RASE &
Sting v Sting Semi-final. How fun will that be.

Sting Gut v RASE 03 in the final.

Sting Gut continues their hot streak and brings home the hardware... assuming they have the 'right guess players'
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/01/13, 12:49 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:My prediction is for a
RASE v RASE &
Sting v Sting Semi-final. How fun will that be.

Sting Gut v RASE 03 in the final.

Sting Gut continues their hot streak and brings home the hardware... assuming they have the 'right guess players'

i would agree, but still don't understand playing guess players who you won't have in the summer taking the place of a paying practicing player. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 30/01/13, 01:00 pm

Very true, silent. I don't like that policy one bit either.
I call it 'posturing' (by definition: intended to impress or mislead others)
Teams will bring in 'hired guns'...climb the rankings,
Then hopefully attract players that want to play on a top5 team...
Like 03gmom's DD. Smile

And now we've gotten back to how this whole thread started!!

Last edited by SolarPower00 on 30/01/13, 01:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 30/01/13, 01:07 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:Very true, silent. I don't like that policy one bit either.
I call it 'posturing.' Teams will bring in 'hired guns'...climb the rankings,
Then hopefully attract players that want to play on a top5 team...
Like 03gmom's DD. Smile

QT seeds should start entering into play sometime in the near future if not now? Anyone familiar with that process - is it results from the spring season or spring tournaments /spring season or other???

Seems it would be better to go in ranked top 5, at least for the first few rounds...
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/01/13, 02:38 pm

QT seeds should start entering into play sometime in the near future if not now? Anyone familiar with that process - is it results from the spring season or spring tournaments /spring season or other???

I asked that question once in the past. I looked for the thread and response but could not find it. I must have asked it from one of my older accounts/aliases.

I believe the response was that the results that occur after July 1st are the main tool used for QT seeds since there is so much movement by players until contracts are signed. I guess that means those July tournaments before QT are somewhat important?

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 30/01/13, 02:46 pm

Infinity04Dad wrote:

I asked that question once in the past. I looked for the thread and response but could not find it. I must have asked it from one of my older accounts/aliases.

I believe the response was that the results that occur after July 1st are the main tool used for QT seeds since there is so much movement by players until contracts are signed. I guess that means those July tournaments before QT are somewhat important?

That would make the most since... Maybe current rankings would play a part in seeding those tournaments? I think I am getting to complex...
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/01/13, 02:50 pm

flygirl wrote:
Infinity04Dad wrote:

That would make the most since... Maybe current rankings would play a part in seeding those tournaments? I think I am getting to complex...

nope, these rankings are not official. they will seed qt based on tournament play in the summer and also league play now which they watch and make judgements about. our rankings here have very little to do with qt seeding. but i would not be surprised to see the top teams be the top teams after all the dust is settled...

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 30/01/13, 03:09 pm

The QT seedings will be very similar to the FBR rankings posted here. You can always go back into archives and verify that from previous years.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestren 30/01/13, 03:42 pm

bwgophers wrote:
silentparent wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
silentparent wrote:

She could, but in order to do so, she would have to give up geo caching, bowling, lasertag, movies, and D&B's, and jamestren would then have to push her to the point where even he'd have to admit that the people who question his mental stability were correct...

I'm freaking honored that I am building some sort of legacy only 75 posts in and I'm being quoted in threads I haven't even replied to.

I think I need to cut out the middleman and just send her to live with the most bad-ass coach in all of NTX. You guys discuss amongst yourself who that should be and send me their contact info. He just better enjoy geo-caching on Sunday afternoons or she's gonna be pissed!

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next