North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03s  - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03s

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Legacy Freedom Cup - 03s  - Page 3 Empty Re: Legacy Freedom Cup - 03s

Post by jamestren 30/01/13, 03:42 pm

bwgophers wrote:
silentparent wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
silentparent wrote:
go99 wrote:Uh I think they lose the uniforms after qualifying anyway. R.A.S.E. = Reds academy school of excellence

I would think you 03's would be happy that they didn't consolidate with all of the best players. But not to worry there is no ranking after qualifying. I hope they all make D1. You have to play for your rank then.

Now that we can agree on. A super team of daglish, keegan and rush would be a powerhouse in that 03 age group.

Yup, merge those 3 and recruit jamestren to bring his otherworldly '03 down from Okla. and that might only lose to SRSA by 3 or 4... affraid

I thought jamestren's girl was so good she could play all the positions by herself and beat srsa? Wink

She could, but in order to do so, she would have to give up geo caching, bowling, lasertag, movies, and D&B's, and jamestren would then have to push her to the point where even he'd have to admit that the people who question his mental stability were correct...

I'm freaking honored that I am building some sort of legacy only 75 posts in and I'm being quoted in threads I haven't even replied to.

I think I need to cut out the middleman and just send her to live with the most bad-ass coach in all of NTX. You guys discuss amongst yourself who that should be and send me their contact info. He just better enjoy geo-caching on Sunday afternoons or she's gonna be pissed!

jamestren
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/01/13, 04:10 pm

Zidane wrote:The QT seedings will be very similar to the FBR rankings posted here. You can always go back into archives and verify that from previous years.

Whoooo Doggie!!!... Let me stop this runaway train QUICKLY!

FBR Ranking (or any other rankings published on this forum) and QT seeding are in NO WAY linked to one another.

Lake Highlands has a seeding committee. They do not disclose many details on their process for how they seed the QT, and there is no "formula" for how they do it. They will send seeding representatives out to the primary pre-QT tune-up tournaments in Mid-July (King TUT and Puma Cup) to watch teams play. They will also speak with people in the NTX soccer community who's opinions they respect (various DOC's, etc.). If the seeding committee considers league standings, and tournament results from before July 1st (signing day), and/or considers any rankings published on this forum, they certainly don't admit to it that I am aware of.

To the extent that the QT seeding and FBR rankings look similar, that is simply because the FBR rankings are a reasonably good assessment of the relative strength of teams, AND the LH QT seeding commitee generally does a pretty good job with seeding the QT.

With that said, every year, there are several Shocked affraid scratch seeds where the seeding committee and FBR (and/or general public opinion) disagree by a large margin.

Don't try to predict it... Don't try to figure it out... Don't waste time and energy trying to concoct a "strategy" to improve your team's seeding (i.e. try to figure which tune-up tournament/bracket will help your team get a higher seed, whether skipping the tune-up tournaments altogether will help/hurt your seeding, etc.). You have no way of predicting how it will turn out and/or whether having a higher/lower seed would have given your team a harder/easier path through the brackets. Can a bum seeding impact whether a team qualifies for LH or qualifies for D3 instead of the D1 Supergroup? Yes. But 90% of the time, it makes absolutely no difference where a team is seeded, and the team qualifies right where they should have, whether they were seeded correctly, grossly over-seeded, or grossly-under seeded.

The best thing that a coach/families/players can do, is to make their decisions based solely on whatever will prepare their team to be playing at it's absolute peak performance for the QT. Focus on what you have some hope of controlling, not what you have absolutely zero chance of controlling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 30/01/13, 04:15 pm

Now there's some great advice. That and bring lots of shade and water with you. Laughing
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 31/01/13, 09:08 am

bwgophers wrote:
Zidane wrote:The QT seedings will be very similar to the FBR rankings posted here. You can always go back into archives and verify that from previous years.

FBR Ranking (or any other rankings published on this forum) and QT seeding are in NO WAY linked to one another.

Lake Highlands has a seeding committee. They do not disclose many details on their process for how they seed the QT, and there is no "formula" for how they do it. They will send seeding representatives out to the primary pre-QT tune-up tournaments in Mid-July (King TUT and Puma Cup) to watch teams play. They will also speak with people in the NTX soccer community who's opinions they respect (various DOC's, etc.). If the seeding committee considers league standings, and tournament results from before July 1st (signing day), and/or considers any rankings published on this forum, they certainly don't admit to it that I am aware of.

To the extent that the QT seeding and FBR rankings look similar, that is simply because the FBR rankings are a reasonably good assessment of the relative strength of teams, AND the LH QT seeding commitee generally does a pretty good job with seeding the QT.

With that said, every year, there are several Shocked affraid scratch seeds where the seeding committee and FBR (and/or general public opinion) disagree by a large margin.

Don't try to predict it... Don't try to figure it out... Don't waste time and energy trying to concoct a "strategy" to improve your team's seeding (i.e. try to figure which tune-up tournament/bracket will help your team get a higher seed, whether skipping the tune-up tournaments altogether will help/hurt your seeding, etc.). You have no way of predicting how it will turn out and/or whether having a higher/lower seed would have given your team a harder/easier path through the brackets. Can a bum seeding impact whether a team qualifies for LH or qualifies for D3 instead of the D1 Supergroup? Yes. But 90% of the time, it makes absolutely no difference where a team is seeded, and the team qualifies right where they should have, whether they were seeded correctly, grossly over-seeded, or grossly-under seeded.

The best thing that a coach/families/players can do, is to make their decisions based solely on whatever will prepare their team to be playing at it's absolute peak performance for the QT. Focus on what you have some hope of controlling, not what you have absolutely zero chance of controlling.

Don't forget about BumpyPitch and my crystal ball and "consulting" services... Anyone wanting to know where they will be seeded in QT should bring me one half ounce gold bullion coin, one rattlesnake egg, a fruit bat tooth, a one inch lock of hair from each member of the team in reference and a half pint of Herradura tequila.

That will give you where your team will be seeded - give or take 10 spots. Want to get a more exact reading? Add more tequila... drunken
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/01/13, 09:44 am

flygirl wrote:

Don't forget about BumpyPitch and my crystal ball and "consulting" services... Anyone wanting to know where they will be seeded in QT should bring me one half ounce gold bullion coin, one rattlesnake egg, a fruit bat tooth, a one inch lock of hair from each member of the team in reference and a half pint of Herradura tequila.

That will give you where your team will be seeded - give or take 10 spots. Want to get a more exact reading? Add more tequila... drunken

Shhhhhh!!!!!!!!! You weren't supposed to tell everyone how Lake Highlands actually determines the seeds! Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 02/02/13, 09:02 pm

Looks like Rush pulled an upset and made it to the semis. Looks like its going to be RASE vs RASE is one semi and Rush vs Sting G in the other.

Kind of surprised RASE 03 beat Mendoza 3-0 but sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. They will bounce back though, very talented team.

If anyone saw any of the games I'd love to hear

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/02/13, 11:14 pm

bwgophers wrote:

I can tell you from prior experience this is so true- the FBR would have projected us in D1, but LH seeded us with a ranking well below 30. We ended up making D1 but be careful what you ask for, because the bottom of D1 that first year isn't a lot of fun either.

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 03/02/13, 06:30 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:My prediction is for a
RASE v RASE &
Sting v Sting Semi-final. How fun will that be.

Sting Gut v RASE 03 in the final.

Sting Gut continues their hot streak and brings home the hardware... assuming they have the 'right guess players'

'Guess' what? Sting Gut wins again. 1-0 over RASE 03 in the Final. I 'guess' I do know what I'm talking about. Razz
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 03/02/13, 06:41 pm

How many guest players did each team have?
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 13/02/13, 10:37 pm

Lobo_Momma wrote:How many guest players did each team have?

3 is the most any team can have - it's in the rules.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 13/02/13, 11:48 pm

NoFanOfDrama wrote:

Where did you come up with that number? There is NO guesting in Academy, you are put on the tournament roster for that team and that tournament. So in theory I could play a tournament 1 weekend with 16 players and the following weekend with 16 completely different players but its still the same team name.
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 14/02/13, 06:12 am

That is correct Triumph.

The Freedom Cup rules actually read
0 guest for Academy U10.

SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 14/02/13, 06:50 am

Triumph FC wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:

Where did you come up with that number? There is NO guesting in Academy, you are put on the tournament roster for that team and that tournament. So in theory I could play a tournament 1 weekend with 16 players and the following weekend with 16 completely different players but its still the same team name.

I don't know what happened to my reply to this question.

My bad on the 3 guest player, I was going by memory from rec days. According to NTSSA it is 5 guests for academy.

Perhaps I am reading the guest release form wrong, but it clearly states up to 5 guest academy players are allowed for their sanctioned tournaments, 3 for rec leagues.

http://www.ntxsoccer.org/search.aspx?F_keywords=guest%20player

NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 14/02/13, 08:07 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:
Triumph FC wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:

I don't know what happened to my reply to this question.

My bad on the 3 guest player, I was going by memory from rec days. According to NTSSA it is 5 guests for academy.

Perhaps I am reading the guest release form wrong, but it clearly states up to 5 guest academy players are allowed for their sanctioned tournaments, 3 for rec leagues.

http://www.ntxsoccer.org/search.aspx?F_keywords=guest%20player

There are NO guest players in academy because they haven't signed a contract so they are not on anyone's official roster until they play in a tournament. An Academy roster has to be checked to make sure all paperwork is correct and then signed by a North Texas affiliate Soccer Association Registrar. That means that player cannot play for any other team that weekend (I'm sure everyone follows those rules Wink
I understand when people say they had "guest" players meaning those players have no intention of joining the team but in reality they are not guesting because they are on the roster
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 14/02/13, 08:11 am

Here's your Freedom Cup Rules....note
0 guests allowed for U10 Academy.
That's because there is no such thing as a Guest in academy. That's one of the reasons you see them referred to as 'guess' players on this forum.
Triumph is right...when an academy team invites a player to play...they simply collect their academy player form and add them to the tournament roster and most likely the gotsoccer roster too. That player is at that point a member of your team....even if it's only for a day. Things get a little more complicated with a US Club roster. But that's a lesson for another day.

Of course, everything changes this summer.

http://www.liverpoolfcamerica.com/page/show/627594-freedom-cup-rules
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3