North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Shame on you parents - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Shame on you parents

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shame on you parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Shame on you parents

Post by yea..yea..whatever 19/04/13, 05:00 pm

Sunday. Oak Grove in grapevine fieled 7B 3pm

http://primetimesportz.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/2011_TextBlocks/Soccer/Spring%2013%20Schedules/Spring2013.PTCL.U6G.pdf

yea..yea..whatever
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/04/13, 10:27 pm

Xara wrote:I simply MUST SEE this wack-job in action if even half of what the OP has written is true (but I'm guessing it's more like 1/3 since just about every 1st time poster on here has an agenda). Anyone know when Tony the Tiger's next game is coming up? I'll bet his players have improved since the last match. In fact, I'll bet theeeeeeyyyyy'rrrrreeeee great!"

Just seems like no one's said anything til now. Floodgates open! several people all with different stories for different events. can't be a rumor mill.

Back to top Go down

Post by FLGator 19/04/13, 11:07 pm

We have played against the Tigers on a few occasions and have never witnessed any antics like described in the original post. I've never witnessed him to coach any tougher than most of the other coaches. People on here want to judge him for behavior they did not witness, yet find it appropriate to make degrading remarks about kids he has on the sideline helping him that are a little older?

Lets look down our nose at a coach about a situation the majority of us know nothing about, but not at the coach who gets on here posting 16-1 drubbings of 6 year olds. Why is one act less classy or professional than the other?
FLGator
FLGator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 20/04/13, 12:02 am

KopDad wrote:We have played against the Tigers on a few occasions and have never witnessed any antics like described in the original post. I've never witnessed him to coach any tougher than most of the other coaches. People on here want to judge him for behavior they did not witness, yet find it appropriate to make degrading remarks about kids he has on the sideline helping him that are a little older?

Lets look down our nose at a coach about a situation the majority of us know nothing about, but not at the coach who gets on here posting 16-1 drubbings of 6 year olds. Why is one act less classy or professional than the other?

Just so we're all clear, you believe a coach who reports a score on a forum is on par with a coach who manhandles 6 year old girls, yells in their faces until they cry and in a rage, throws a water bottle onto the next field (which we were playing on so we did get a close up view of the whole thing)?

Rolling Eyes

Edited to add: I see the Tigers beat you 9-0. He probably has no reason to get upset when he plays you.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 20/04/13, 08:08 am

KopDad wrote:We have played against the Tigers on a few occasions and have never witnessed any antics like described in the original post. I've never witnessed him to coach any tougher than most of the other coaches. People on here want to judge him for behavior they did not witness, yet find it appropriate to make degrading remarks about kids he has on the sideline helping him that are a little older?

LOL. My comments were the result of 44 minutes in VERY close proximity. He and his "helpers" particular form of motivation exemplifies the very worst in youth soccer in my mind. But hey, to each his own. I stand by my first post.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/04/13, 08:19 am

Not sure how one could read any of the previous posts as actions "not witnessed," as they all stated something they in fact... witnessed first hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by glitterbeam 20/04/13, 03:03 pm

Gunner9 wrote:

Played in PT tourney on a field next to an orange team with a screaming maniac that sounds like this clown. He had 2 fat, non-athletic teenagers on the sideline with him helping to scream at the 5-year olds. He was particularly hard on one little girl who we assumed was his dd - because no other parent in their right mind would have stayed to finish the game.
The great irony was we looked at their website after the tourney and it had Bible verses all over it! Go figure...

I have never seen the Tigers FC play, but I think this bolded part is uncalled for. If they are fat or thin has nothing to do with the main point you are making- that they were screaming at the 5 year olds. The teenagers are kids too, albeit older, and any fault should lie with the adults who allow their kids to be yelled at and the adults who do the yelling and the adult parents of the teens who allow them to yell at children (IF all this is true because I have no knowledge of it). No reason to call anyone fat, especially minors.

glitterbeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 20/04/13, 05:12 pm

yes they should be called rotund, portly, or husky even
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by glitterbeam 20/04/13, 05:19 pm

Or maybe no derogatory names at all?

glitterbeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FLGator 20/04/13, 07:46 pm

the7wolf wrote:

Just so we're all clear, you believe a coach who reports a score on a forum is on par with a coach who manhandles 6 year old girls, yells in their faces until they cry and in a rage, throws a water bottle onto the next field (which we were playing on so we did get a close up view of the whole thing)?

Rolling Eyes

Edited to add: I see the Tigers beat you 9-0. He probably has no reason to get upset when he plays you.

Yes, I do think they are connected. It all comes down to massaging the individuals own ego. A coach who berates young players when they start losing is allowing their ego to control their actions because the win means more to that coach's pride than those kids. Same thing with runnning up the score, then jumping on here to start a thread and post about it. Who are we "reporting" to? Gophers isn't doing FBR, and the majority of people on here know how to look up scores of other games (just like you were able to find our score against the Tigers) with the exception of SDL. So for a coach to come on here and not just post, but start the threads at this age, aren't we really just doing it to massage our own ego? In either case I don't believe the coach has the kids best interest in mind.
FLGator
FLGator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 20/04/13, 08:11 pm

KopDad wrote:
the7wolf wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Yes, I do think they are connected. It all comes down to massaging the individuals own ego. A coach who berates young players when they start losing is allowing their ego to control their actions because the win means more to that coach's pride than those kids. Same thing with runnning up the score, then jumping on here to start a thread and post about it. Who are we "reporting" to? Gophers isn't doing FBR, and the majority of people on here know how to look up scores of other games (just like you were able to find our score against the Tigers) with the exception of SDL. So for a coach to come on here and not just post, but start the threads at this age, aren't we really just doing it to massage our own ego? In either case I don't believe the coach has the kids best interest in mind.

People like to know scores. Probably a third of the posts on this forum are scores. Just because YOU have an opinion on what age they become relevant doesn't mandate it for the rest of us. You can't even see the irony (or hypocrisy) that you yourself even opened that thread to read scores. Or that you had no problem almost running into double-figures against that team.

Go back to defending your out of control buddy. You can label it 'ego', the rest of us will call it what it is.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/04/13, 08:40 pm

KopDad wrote:
the7wolf wrote:

Rolling Eyes

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/04/13, 10:03 pm

The person calling it derogatory is the only one here who tagged a negative meaning to it. Previously, I only saw the words as an adjective to paint a story.

just saying..

Back to top Go down

Post by glitterbeam 20/04/13, 10:07 pm

Ooh you're right. So, were the fat teenagers also ugly or pimply? I love me some good adjectives.

glitterbeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/04/13, 10:36 pm

cheers learning is fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by LB8PRNT 23/04/13, 09:41 am

Just my two cents. My DD played against their team in a primetime tourney early this year. It was comical how aggressive he was to 6 year old girls and their parents. One little girl on his team was called for offsides by the parents sideline and he screamed at the parents to wake up and tell her that she was in the offsides position. The parents then proceeded to scream at the little girl to pay attention. I guess thats just the culture of the parents and the coach of that team.

I also heard him telling his girls to keep their heads up because my DDs team was a dirty team. It was rediculous....they arent dirty and would never be accused of being a dirty playing team by any of our opponents. After the game, one parent from that team came over and said "you guys werent dirty at all". So i assume he spread that rumor to the parents before the game.

Just my two cents...he was the most aggressive caoch towards his own players I have seen thus far.

LB8PRNT
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by #2420 23/04/13, 10:02 am

LB8PRNT wrote:Just my two cents. My DD played against their team in a primetime tourney early this year. It was comical how aggressive he was to 6 year old girls and their parents. One little girl on his team was called for offsides by the parents sideline and he screamed at the parents to wake up and tell her that she was in the offsides position. The parents then proceeded to scream at the little girl to pay attention. I guess thats just the culture of the parents and the coach of that team.

I also heard him telling his girls to keep their heads up because my DDs team was a dirty team. It was rediculous....they arent dirty and would never be accused of being a dirty playing team by any of our opponents. After the game, one parent from that team came over and said "you guys werent dirty at all". So i assume he spread that rumor to the parents before the game.

Just my two cents...he was the most aggressive caoch towards his own players I have seen thus far.
It gets even better as the years roll by.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 23/04/13, 11:05 am

KopDad wrote: Yes, I do think they are connected... It all comes down to massaging the individuals own ego. A coach who berates young players when they start losing is allowing their ego to control their actions because the win means more to that coach's pride than those kids. Same thing with runnning up the score, then jumping on here to start a thread and post about it.

Here's my 2 cents, there is a huge difference in these situations. The first is abusive and harmful to 5 and 6 year old little girls. Most will be so glad when they understand how a real coach should treat them and move on to another team or will just quit soccer altogether. The second situation is a coach posting on a forum full of adults. There is no harm whatsoever to simple gloating on a message board to other adults. If he needs it to stroke his ego, that's fine but embarrassing nonetheless. If he is just trying to get a discussion going and/or poke and prod some adults on a soccer forum, that's fine. I'll raise my donkey hoof right now and say that I am guilty of that sometimes. We are all having fun here, right?
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/04/13, 11:36 am

Witnessed this guys antics too when they're academy team played in a tournament with our rec team in Denton. They beat us by one goal, and would not have accomplished that if my daughter would not have had a meltdown. She is quite the little stud when she wants to be IMHO. Grant you we have a really good rec team. I hope we play again this year. I would bet we would handle them easily. He could not stand that a Rec team was beating them for the entire game until last 2 minutes. These were u6 girls at the time, and his antics were just laughable. Then he had the audacity to try to get my dd to be on his team. In my opinion, this guy doesn't have the ability to connect with the young girls and get them to have fun and progress in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthlakeDad 23/04/13, 11:55 am

LB8PRNT wrote:Just my two cents...he was the most aggressive caoch towards his own players I have seen thus far.

Playing indoor last winter, we watched the opposing coach slam the door to the field and then throw his chair.
SouthlakeDad
SouthlakeDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 23/04/13, 11:58 am

SouthlakeDad wrote:

Playing indoor last winter, we watched the opposing coach slam the door to the field and then throw his chair.

Bobby Knight is coaching youth soccer now?
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 26/04/14, 10:10 pm

I heard this Coach Steve guy was canned from the Tigers club. Guess it was only a matter of time...

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 26/04/14, 10:16 pm

They've got a lovely English bloke coaching now. Nice lad.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/04/14, 09:42 am

This is an example of something that is very wrong in youth sports, and it is driven by us, the parents, because we are putting winning over kids development. You can see it at games where 5 year olds are playing.....and it gets worse 7-10 age groups. For those parents, aunts and uncles that have young adults playing at the select level (+12), do you even remember the score of a game when your kid was 6 or 7...? But we will remember when a select coach tells you that your kid will not get much playing time, an is destine to be a sub, for a very competitive team...... On the other hand, I have seen coaches at the early academy level, that jeopardize winning a game by rotating his players in different positions so they can develop. Parents role should start by understanding skill fundamentals, to see the progress of your kid and to evaluate if your coach is good enough to help the kid develop overall. Then you will be able to expect wins and achievements as they become older. My 2 cents....because it is too sad to see young kids crying on and after games......

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 27/04/14, 10:18 am

this is also an example of how everything should be about me. It is not the place of a very competitive team to "give" a player playtime. Playtime should be earned in practice. Also there is a responsibility to the team as a player. You cannot expect the team to go out and lose so that you may develope. It is also up to the parent to recognize that maybe my kid would be better served at a lower level. You don't have to be on the best team at 10 but you also shouldn't expect that the best teams should bend for you. Soccer is a competitive sport and one of the most important things they can learn is to compete. Maybe not at 5 but certianly by 9
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/04/14, 10:43 am

In order to compete you need to develop skills, learn the game, become strong mentaly, but it is a process that takes time. There are teams at 9 that win because of 1 or 2 great players, gifted in skills, and as athletes, but the rest of the parents are proud of the team "winning" and their DD barely touch the ball....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next