North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

SDL 4/27 scores... - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

SDL 4/27 scores...

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

SDL 4/27 scores... - Page 4 Empty Re: SDL 4/27 scores...

Post by Guest 29/04/13, 11:59 am

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:Let's stop all this DTS standing with Rase stuff. I've seen DTS play, and if they had a tough time beating Owen (2-0) with a solid sweeper and Rase '05 (2-0), you do the math.

In soccer, a 2-0 score does not by any means indicate a game was tough or close for that matter...

Nope you are right, it doesnt. But again, I've seen both play and there is no comparison. I called it out that when I said Solar Kenn gives up way too many points to be a top '04 team and the Rase vs. SK showed that's.

Yes, DTS has a great Defense but the level of play is not the same. This hope that DTS will save mankind or '04 overall is laughable.

Funny how the scenario of how DTS would fare against RASE gets perceived as "theyre the only ones that can beat them."
All that's being said is that a Rase whipping of DTS would remove ALL doubt...that simple...
I understand if a RASE parent or fan, doubt doesn't exist, but to everyone else...even though it would be a rematch, its mayweather/pacquioa of THIS season. After that...if RASE wins...retire their jersey and ssee what team their players join when it come ECNL time.

So you know the RASE parents then? They believe they are unbeatable?

Did u read or skim thru what I typed? I said that I would understand IF RASE parents or fans had NO DOUBT that no other 04 team could be victorious against them...if our team was undefeated I would feel that way.

You didn't say IF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/04/13, 12:03 pm

All that's being said is that a Rase whipping of DTS would remove ALL doubt...that simple...
I understand as a RASE parent or fan, doubt doesn't exist, but to everyone else...even though it would be a rematch, its mayweather/pacquioa of THIS season. After that...if RASE wins...retire their jersey and ssee what team their players join when it come ECNL time.

You must've edited!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/04/13, 12:03 pm

Master Bates wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

In soccer, a 2-0 score does not by any means indicate a game was tough or close for that matter...

Nope you are right, it doesnt. But again, I've seen both play and there is no comparison. I called it out that when I said Solar Kenn gives up way too many points to be a top '04 team and the Rase vs. SK showed that's.

Yes, DTS has a great Defense but the level of play is not the same. This hope that DTS will save mankind or '04 overall is laughable.

Funny how the scenario of how DTS would fare against RASE gets perceived as "theyre the only ones that can beat them."
I understand if a RASE parent or fan, doubt doesn't exist, but to everyone else...even though it would be a rematch, its mayweather/pacquioa of THIS season. After that...if RASE wins...retire their jersey and ssee what team their players join when it come ECNL time.

Did u read or skim thru what I typed? I said that I would understand IF RASE parents or fans had NO DOUBT that no other 04 team could be victorious against them...if our team was undefeated I would feel that way.

You didn't say IF

Lmao...I meant if but I typed as...which is irrelevant cause I couldn't validly make the statement "as a RASE parent" I'm typing from a smart phone here...gimme a pass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/04/13, 12:05 pm

Master Bates wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

You didn't say IF

Same thing...tomaytoe tomahtoe

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 29/04/13, 12:06 pm

go99 wrote:fortunately the RASE group really isn't that concerned about the doubt. At no point did concern about kenn, scott, tx spirit ever come up. More of a concern of having the girls really pushed this season. If DTS provides that push then great if not the thats more for you guys than it is for us.

I think that's where many lose focus. Teams aren't or at least shouldn't be concerned with who they play or where they're ranked. They should be concerned that their development is moving forward. Thats why I rather watch a match where a team loses playing "good" soccer than watch a team keep blasting it forward because they have one or two players that can out run the defense and score.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/04/13, 12:06 pm

go99 wrote:fortunately the RASE group really isn't that concerned about the doubt. At no point did concern about kenn, scott, tx spirit ever come up. More of a concern of having the girls really pushed this season. If DTS provides that push then great if not the thats more for you guys than it is for us.

Basically, that's my sentiments.
You are a different kind of RASE poster...do you sit by the other guys?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/04/13, 12:10 pm

db10 wrote:

I think that's where many lose focus. Teams aren't or at least shouldn't be concerned with who they play or where they're ranked. They should be concerned that their development is moving forward. Thats why I rather watch a match where a team loses playing "good" soccer than watch a team keep blasting it forward because they have one or two players that can out run the defense and score.

Well, who you play and how well you perform against them, doesn't that serve as a possible measuring tool of how well your team is developing?

I agree the ranking system can be kind of flawed but its very entertaining. Thanks BW.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 29/04/13, 12:16 pm

the other RASE parents don't post. I do like DTS though and hope they do really well until they play Dalglish in primetime. Then I hope they get smashed lol
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 29/04/13, 12:18 pm

Hint: Kix, quit asking Go99 questions, you'll never pass him if he keeps answering you. Surely that is the only reason you keep rambling today about DTS. I mean, you act as if SDL wouldn't let you guys play in the Platinum division or something.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/04/13, 12:19 pm

go99 wrote:the other RASE parents don't post. I do like DTS though and hope they do really well until they play Dalglish in primetime. Then I hope they get smashed lol

Daglish wins but I haven't seen any smashing posted on here. Rase taking next weekend off?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/04/13, 12:21 pm

Soccer Po Boy wrote:Hint: Kix, quit asking Go99 questions, you'll never pass him if he keeps answering you. Surely that is the only reason you keep rambling today about DTS. I mean, you act as if SDL wouldn't let you guys play in the Platinum division or something.

Sup man, back from your toilet I see...was going to activate a silver alert for you...and for the record I'm Rosales...pro Texans anti liverpool...but in its most cordial aspect....

Back to top Go down

Post by soccercircus 29/04/13, 12:48 pm

soccerdad1969 wrote:It was a joke. Was gonna come out to see this. Glad I didn't.

tell me about it, wasted my time watching SKs defense fall apart and giving too many shots on goal. an it was apparent, at least in this game, their new players struggled in pulling together an effective passing game. I see Rase quickly rising to the level of SRSA 03 and fun to watch too

soccercircus
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by M R Balls 29/04/13, 01:00 pm

db10 wrote:

Are you saying RASE plays kickball? Or was that a general comment?
M R Balls
M R Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 29/04/13, 01:07 pm

Sounds like that what he's trying to imply.
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/04/13, 01:14 pm

Ain't that much kickball...11-0....? That statement is a slight to SK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 29/04/13, 01:25 pm

But for those who watched the game, RASE forwards did out run Solar Kenn defense. Also, long shots were targeted at the forwards for easy scoring opportunities.. But isn't this part of the game? scratch
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/04/13, 01:30 pm

Herm Edwards voice: "you play to win the game!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/04/13, 02:49 pm

M R Balls wrote:
db10 wrote:

RASE is the "keep possession" team. If anyone thinks they play kickball they have no clue about soccer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 29/04/13, 03:00 pm

Master Bates wrote:

RASE is the "keep possession" team. If anyone thinks they play kickball they have no clue about soccer.[/quote]

Spot on. Were some balls played direct? Absolutely. You take what the defense gives. There were huge spaces behind SK's defense. Were "hopeful" balls played long and direct? No. Every one had a purpose and the vast majority either remained in RASE possession or led to a shot/goal. This little group is so technically proficient, they can play any style.

As to "long" shots, most came just inside the 18. If any good player is given time and space there, they will shoot. And should.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccercircus 29/04/13, 03:07 pm

PDub wrote:But for those who watched the game, RASE forwards did out run Solar Kenn defense. Also, long shots were targeted at the forwards for easy scoring opportunities.. But isn't this part of the game? scratch

spot on, except one thing, "out run" is an understatement here. but not sure how else one would describe playing against a team whose defense seemed to be in sloooow mooootion. Rase was that much quicker with each pass, dribble, shot, attack, and creating space

soccercircus
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 29/04/13, 03:33 pm

I think one of the things that gets lost in the RASE play it the beyond the style of play, possesion, passing etc. RASE is a very fast, athletic, powerful, aggressive team. There is a high level of speed at every position.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 29/04/13, 03:35 pm

PDub wrote:Sounds like that what he's trying to imply.

Reading is fundamental, at no point did I imply that RASE plays "kickball" but there are teams out there that do.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 29/04/13, 03:38 pm

Also, playing "kickball" and playing direct with an emphasis on through balls are two different things...if you have a clue about soccer.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 29/04/13, 03:42 pm

kixR4Adults2 wrote:Herm Edwards voice: "you play to win the game!!"

Actually, no, my daughter plays to develop into a complete player so she can "win the game" when it really matters. Not as a 9 year old in a league that doesn't officially keep score.

And once again to prevent certain parents from thinking this is a slight on their team or coach it's not. It's a general statement about what I believe U9 soccer should be about.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BillaBonger 29/04/13, 03:53 pm

go99 wrote:I think one of the things that gets lost in the RASE play it the beyond the style of play, possesion, passing etc. RASE is a very fast, athletic, powerful, aggressive team. There is a high level of speed at every position.

This is NO joke, big, fast, aggressive to the point of attack, technically sound - looked like an 04 Girls All Star team out there yesterday... Couple of girls are huge, and still have speed and skill to go with their size, towering over many of the girls on both teams. Defense of RASE I think got to actually touch the ball maybe three times the entire game? One shot on goal by SK was off-sides I don't remember seeing any other shots on goal as the ball got to the D only a few times and then was back out quickly. Crazy fast mids and forwards on that team with dynamic foot speed and power. On top of that, if you don't have an attacking Defense, they just take shots at ya all day long over the GK's head, let 'em shoot and they certainly will. Awesome passes across the middle for goal opportunities, too many to count but 4 or 5 of those were converted to points. To SK's credit, they had one little defender that was giving RASE fits on the right side - she was a feisty one, nothing for free on that side.

To give some props to SK, they had a solid passing game but they were getting beat by speed to the point of attack as the ball was hanging up in that tall grass and the girls just couldn't outrun those RASE girls. A couple of good moves by some of the girls and some excellent speed on that team as well. RASE is just a very aggressive and technically sound team of All Stars.

BillaBonger
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 29/04/13, 03:53 pm

db10 wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:Herm Edwards voice: "you play to win the game!!"

Actually, no, my daughter plays to develop into a complete player so she can "win the game" when it really matters. Not as a 9 year old in a league that doesn't officially keep score.

And once again to prevent certain parents from thinking this is a slight on their team or coach it's not. It's a general statement about what I believe U9 soccer should be about.

Not trying to be funny here, but when does it really matter as opposed to when it doesn't?
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next