North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

PrimeTime Sports Summer Classic 03 Gold  - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

PrimeTime Sports Summer Classic 03 Gold

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PrimeTime Sports Summer Classic 03 Gold  - Page 3 Empty Re: PrimeTime Sports Summer Classic 03 Gold

Post by Socceristheword 07/05/13, 03:35 pm

SteveHolt! wrote:
Call in the reinforcements! Does anyone have GA's number?

Look out for multiple players wearing #9, #10 and/or #23!

Disclaimer: Because the numbers 9, 10 and 23 seem to be popular with some of the more serious players - not because I personally know that your DD guest plays and wears that number.

I'm totally lost, what are you trying to say or hint about those players and "serious" players?

Socceristheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

PrimeTime Sports Summer Classic 03 Gold  - Page 3 Empty Re: PrimeTime Sports Summer Classic 03 Gold

Post by Guest 07/05/13, 03:46 pm

A reference was made that DT Moreno should get in touch with DT South. I was just joking that you might see girls with #9, #10 and #23 because those seem to be soccer power numbers. In other words, the #9, #10 and #23 from DT Moreno would be on the field at the same time as the #9, #10 and #23 from DT South.

Disclaimer: I was just referencing a previous post. I am not speculating that DT Moreno will use DT South players or that any girls on either team do indeed wear #9, #10 or #23 (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Back to top Go down

PrimeTime Sports Summer Classic 03 Gold  - Page 3 Empty an aside to SteveHolt

Post by DialogueStarter 11/05/13, 09:12 am

I wanted to know why you seem to be just a unhappy person in general? you seem to want to dismiss and demean 10 year old kids and a very good coach. DT Moreno was not "SLOW" on getting out of Gold division. Also there was never an attempt to get ANY guest ringer players. Every girl there had been to practices for the team before the final schedule was made. Yes there were two girls that haven't made a commitment to the team yet but they are seriously considering it. Coach RM knew who we were playing. There is a quote I heard from a new Will Smith movie. Fear is not real...Danger is real. Yes there is a danger of losing to a team like SRSA ( they were every bit as good as they are attested). They don't play dirty, they pass the ball quick and with great purpose, They back pass and switch the field with great effect. Our girls did not FEAR playing them, they knew the danger of losing was the only downside, but wanted to see how they would match up. I think everyone expected the score to be worse than 5:0. Sure the Girls wanted to win but they ALL held their heads high after the game and knew they just played the BEST team in the 2003 division in the United States!!! and they did not give in to fear. I think that if you want to be a very good team you have to play the best. And not ask to switch from Gold to Sliver because you Fear a team.

DialogueStarter
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/05/13, 11:37 am

DialogueStarter:

I apologize. None of my comments were meant to demean the players. I don't really think I said anything demeaning - which comments did you find demeaning? Either way, I apologize that you took them that way.

I actually meant to sound sympathetic towards DT Moreno. They got the very short end of the draw in this tournament. It would have been natural to seek a way out of the Gold- the other two teams did. Again, 4 teams in gold and 14 is silver is ridiculous. I am glad the team is making the best of it.

I was not the one that started the guess player theme by suggesting RM call GA. I joked about it and I am sorry those jokes bothered you.

Which of my posts make me sound like an unhappy person? I think that's a pretty big leap from what I post. Feel free to let me know which of my comments made you assume such a thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/05/13, 11:42 am

Kudos to coach Moreno and her girls for fighting the tough fight. Someone said it in an earlier post - iron sharpens iron. Her team will be better off for sticking in that tough division and playing as hard as they can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane 11/05/13, 04:13 pm

I must agree with SH his comments are typically fairly neutral....anybody that has chance to play SRSA will only get better.
Zidane
Zidane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/05/13, 10:30 pm

Thanks, Zidane.

And congratulations to DT Moreno for making the best of what I still feel was a bad situation. I know the score does not always tell the whole story, but 5-0 vs SRSA, 1-0 vs FC Dallas East Predator and 2-1 vs Sting West is a good showing for a team ranked in the low 20s. Dialogue Starter has a right to be proud of his DD's team.

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 11/05/13, 10:39 pm

SteveHolt! wrote:Thanks, Zidane.

And congratulations to DT Moreno for making the best of what I still feel was a bad situation. I know the score does not always tell the whole story, but 5-0 vs SRSA, 1-0 vs FC Dallas East Predator and 2-1 vs Sting West is a good showing for a team ranked in the low 20s. Dialogue Starter has a right to be proud of his DD's team.

Can you say Big Red Bus Parked in the 18!
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by MammaBear2 11/05/13, 10:51 pm

I agree... Great job Dallas Texans - Moreno. Very Happy Your goalie is nothing short of a class act! You all did an amazing job out there. Go GK!!!

MammaBear2
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 11/05/13, 10:52 pm

I agree Steve.

Turftoe: When's the last time a team held you guys to 5 even when parking the bus? It's not like this is something SRSA has never faced before. Give a little credit where it is due, or is that beneath you?

Mammabear - be careful, or your keeper may get on the most wanted list and get stolen away! Now all the coaches know her name...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/05/13, 01:57 am

herradura wrote:

I agree Steve.

Turftoe: When's the last time a team held you guys to 5 even when parking the bus? It's not like this is something SRSA has never faced before. Give a little credit where it is due, or is that beneath you?

Mammabear - be careful, or your keeper may get on the most wanted list and get stolen away! Now all the coaches know her name...

Actually, it's poor coaching to have girl's sit back on there 18 and not even attempt to connect a pass and move forward but to only boot the ball down field and hold your ground and wait for it to come back. If my DD was on that team i would be upset that she is teaching my child to do that. And "NO" it's not a job well done on there part to be taught that, it's not the girls fault it's a Coaching problem.

The only Credit going to be given around here is to "FC Dallas" and "Sting West" for coming out and playing regardless of the score, both team's battled the whole game regardless of what the score was and both teams were still being coached on the sideline, while she pulled players off to tell them to not push forward..Shakes my head...

But hey different stroke's for different folks i guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 12/05/13, 07:56 am

herradura wrote:

Can't agree with naming kids on the forum. That said, if this kid is the player all seem to think she is, the opposing coaches already know her name.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/05/13, 07:59 am

Tokenone wrote:
herradura wrote:

I agree Steve.

Actually, it's poor coaching to have girl's sit back on there 18 and not even attempt to connect a pass and move forward but to only boot the ball down field and hold your ground and wait for it to come back. If my DD was on that team i would be upset that she is teaching my child to do that. And "NO" it's not a job well done on there part to be taught that, it's not the girls fault it's a Coaching problem.

The only Credit going to be given around here is to "FC Dallas" and "Sting West" for coming out and playing regardless of the score, both team's battled the whole game regardless of what the score was and both teams were still being coached on the sideline, while she pulled players off to tell them to not push forward..Shakes my head...

I totally agree, parking the bus is a not something to be commended. Play the game, losing 5-0 is no better than losing 10-0......

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 12/05/13, 08:06 am

Tokenone wrote:
herradura wrote:

I agree Steve.

I can see it both ways. I do not by any means condone negative soccer (if you remember, I ripped this team for doing this the last time they faced SRSA) BUT you can lose 15/20-0 the first game of a tournament and have any confidence zapped from your team or "win" by getting beat 5-0 and have momentum going into your next games. Please correct me, but the only time I have heard of RM "parking the bus" is with SRSA. It seemed they gave Sting D and FCD good games. Maybe Steve Holt was on to something with "the SRSA effect"...

And I also agree that 10yr old girls should NOT be named on this forum.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 12/05/13, 10:35 am

Personally I'm not a big fan of keeping all 11 girls on one side of the field but in a situation like this I don't blame them. DTM tried desperately to get someone to take their place and just couldn't get anyone to take them up on the offer so they did what they could to give themselves a chance to advance.

If you don't like people packing the box, don't watch qualifying in a couple of months.

So who is playing SRSA? I thought I'd heard FCD but the brackets show Sting W.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 12/05/13, 11:25 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Personally I'm not a big fan of keeping all 11 girls on one side of the field but in a situation like this I don't blame them. DTM tried desperately to get someone to take their place and just couldn't get anyone to take them up on the offer so they did what they could to give themselves a chance to advance.

If you don't like people packing the box, don't watch qualifying in a couple of months.

So who is playing SRSA? I thought I'd heard FCD but the brackets show Sting W.

It was posted wrong. Predator gets another shot to put at least 1 in on SRSA at 2:30 today. LOL!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Soccer Mom's out there that will be spending the day like me, resting and enjoying some very good soccer!
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Header 12/05/13, 11:45 am

Tokenone wrote:
herradura wrote:

I agree Steve.

Ok... So you have actually played this game then...

If you have, then you might realize that when the difference in level of play is so great a team can only do what they can do.
It's like being pinned down by machine guns and all you have is bow and arrows. It is what it is. To have an attacking players parked at midfield not defending is ludicrous.
I commend any team that gives it there all, and the entire team defends for their lives as a unit.
If a counter attack opportunity presents itself, then have it.
Many a championships have been won this way, note Chelsea over Bayern Munich last year.

And by the way, defending is as big a part of the game as any and takes discipline, organization and guts. I would willing to bet the team learned a few things including depending on each other.

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/05/13, 12:08 pm

Just because you played doesn't mean you can coach it. What you are talking about is a viable tactic is the world of professional soccer. This is youth soccer and you are here to teach no win at all cost. They had a perfect opportunity to learn. To play the game against the beat in their age group. To play it at a pace and level that is faster that what have seen before. But instead they wasted the opportunity and chose to pack the box and boot it just so they can save a little ego bruising. I would have been pissed but hey ita not my team so it's whatever but the pat on the back is or credit is a bit much. Credit for what? The poor youth coaching or having a onesided game.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/05/13, 01:14 pm

We have had this discussion before:

https://www.txsoccer.net/t12640p40-tgpl-teams

It starts on page 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 12/05/13, 02:10 pm

go99 wrote:Just because you played doesn't mean you can coach it. What you are talking about is a viable tactic is the world of professional soccer. This is youth soccer and you are here to teach no win at all cost. They had a perfect opportunity to learn. To play the game against the beat in their age group. To play it at a pace and level that is faster that what have seen before. But instead they wasted the opportunity and chose to pack the box and boot it just so they can save a little ego bruising. I would have been pissed but hey ita not my team so it's whatever but the pat on the back is or credit is a bit much. Credit for what? The poor youth coaching or having a onesided game.

OK - had a few Mothers Day margaritas so... I am usually a SRSA supporter, but in this case, I am going to take the other side and go on the offensive.

The only parents coming on here and calling foul on this game are SRSA 03 and RASE 04 parents.

To both of these talented teams as a Mother on Mother's Day:

It is your responsibility to act as an example to the rest of the 03' and 04' age groups. This does not mean snickering publicly at another teams success - however they define that success. You should smile congratulate them even if you do not agree.

Parents: You should not be boastful or prideful but rather humble and thankful of your CHILDREN's talent, it is THEIR talent, not yours.

Your children are watching you act and listening to the words you say. They mimic your actions and repeat your words. If you act spoiled and unappreciative, your children will grow up to be spoiled and unappreciative - and most likely towards you in the end.

You wonder why the haters are out there in cyberspace? It is because of these elitist attitudes. TruthSerum, Turftoe, Tokenone, and Go99, you all have fallen in this category (some more than others) in the past few weeks. Take some time to go back and read each others posts, some of it may be like looking in the mirror.

We are all in this together. Our soccer world will get shrink exponentially in the coming years. Please be good stewards and foster rather than destroy.

herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Header 12/05/13, 05:24 pm

Header wrote:
Tokenone wrote:
herradura wrote:

I agree Steve.

Ok... So you have actually played this game then...

If you have, then you might realize that when the difference in level of play is so great a team can only do what they can do.
It's like being pinned down by machine guns and all you have is bow and arrows. It is what it is. To have an attacking players parked at midfield not defending is ludicrous.
I commend any team that gives it their all, and the entire team defends for their lives as a unit.
If a counter attack opportunity presents itself, then have it.
Many a championships have been won this way, note Chelsea over Bayern Munich last year.

And by the way, defending is as big a part of the game as any and takes discipline, organization and guts. I would willing to bet the team learned a few things including depending on each other.

go99 wrote:Just because you played doesn't mean you can coach it. What you are talking about is a viable tactic is the world of professional soccer. This is youth soccer and you are here to teach no win at all cost. They had a perfect opportunity to learn. To play the game against the beat in their age group. To play it at a pace and level that is faster that what have seen before. But instead they wasted the opportunity and chose to pack the box and boot it just so they can save a little ego bruising. I would have been pissed but hey ita not my team so it's whatever but the pat on the back is or credit is a bit much. Credit for what? The poor youth coaching or having a onesided game.

I have no dog in this fight
But you missed the point entirely...

Not talking about tactics at all...

Once again -
When there is a huge gap in level of play, a team can hardly get a touch on the ball.
Even if the coach says to charge the machine gun nest ... after a number of tries players revert to survival mode. (That is why there are divisions/levels, to avoid such scenarios)

If a team is forced into such an opponent (emphasis on 'forced'), taking it as a learning experience in full team organized defending is not a negative.

There is more development going on in a defensive scenario, than one where an outmanned team tries to play toe-toe, full frontal attack and gets completely annihilated.

Perhaps that doesn't meet your "war cry" approach to futballing, but again, learning to defend as a unit is as much part of team development as learning to attack in numbers.

If there is an issue to take up it is with exposing a team to a totally dis-proportionate level of play that kids are not yet equipped to manage.
In that case, development suffers for both parties.

Keep at it though... you'll get the hang of it someday
Cheers Mate! Arrow

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 12/05/13, 06:08 pm

I had a chance to watch DTM for all three games and was pleasantly surprised at what I saw.

Everyone can argue either way about the strategy against SRSA and I can see the merit of both sides, but it was the Sting West game that was the most surprising. The game went back and forth with neither team having the lion's share of the possession nor playing in each other's half for a great majority of the time. If I had to hazard a guess, I would actually say that DTM played in Sting's half for about 60% of the game. This showed me that a low 20s ranked team was able to hang with at least 1 team in the top 10 and put in only a 0-1 loss to a higher ranked team; though Predator played in the DTM half about 90% of the game.

Either way, congrats to DTM for hanging in there and not bailing to the Silver Division.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/05/13, 06:40 pm

herradura wrote:

OK - had a few Mothers Day margaritas so... I am usually a SRSA supporter, but in this case, I am going to take the other side and go on the offensive.

The only parents coming on here and calling foul on this game are SRSA 03 and RASE 04 parents.

To both of these talented teams as a Mother on Mother's Day:

It is your responsibility to act as an example to the rest of the 03' and 04' age groups. This does not mean snickering publicly at another teams success - however they define that success. You should smile congratulate them even if you do not agree.

Parents: You should not be boastful or prideful but rather humble and thankful of your CHILDREN's talent, it is THEIR talent, not yours.

Your children are watching you act and listening to the words you say. They mimic your actions and repeat your words. If you act spoiled and unappreciative, your children will grow up to be spoiled and unappreciative - and most likely towards you in the end.

You wonder why the haters are out there in cyberspace? It is because of these elitist attitudes. TruthSerum, Turftoe, Tokenone, and Go99, you all have fallen in this category (some more than others) in the past few weeks. Take some time to go back and read each others posts, some of it may be like looking in the mirror.

We are all in this together. Our soccer world will get shrink exponentially in the coming years. Please be good stewards and foster rather than destroy.

You keep telling yourself that story if it makes you feel better. I don't believe in negative tactics in youth soccer. I don't believe in playing to the score. I believe you teach a style of play and sticking to it regardless of the outcome. I watched the team from Japan play the dallas cup. Beautiful soccer that had people raving. They went down in the finals and people were complaining "why do they keep passing it. They are running out of time. They need to push it forward and shoot." The team never came out of its possesion stlye of play and they lost the final game. That was how the youth team developed players. The style of play was more important than the results. But I do congratulate the team for not running to silver and playing the tough opponents. I would have preferred they had just played whatever their style was. But lets flip it to the other side. If you have a team with a slow back line. Should the coach tell his girls lets just boot it over the top and outrun them all game?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DTexansMoreno 12/05/13, 10:37 pm

In the midst of this debate, I just want to say that I'm proud of my girls. Throughout the weekend they worked hard, learned new things, worked together as a team, had fun, and feel good and confident about themselves and their teammates. Who could ask for more?!
DTexansMoreno
DTexansMoreno
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 13/05/13, 06:42 am

DTexansMoreno wrote:In the midst of this debate, I just want to say that I'm proud of my girls. Throughout the weekend they worked hard, learned new things, worked together as a team, had fun, and feel good and confident about themselves and their teammates. Who could ask for more?!

Come on RM - At 10, they should be in World Cup form playing beautiful soccer to represent NTX to the world - not having fun and feeling confident about themselves!

Very Happy

Congratulations on competing with the top teams this weekend. I look forward to watching your girls play at QT.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/05/13, 08:14 am

herradura wrote:
DTexansMoreno wrote:In the midst of this debate, I just want to say that I'm proud of my girls. Throughout the weekend they worked hard, learned new things, worked together as a team, had fun, and feel good and confident about themselves and their teammates. Who could ask for more?!

Come on RM - At 10, they should be in World Cup form playing beautiful soccer to represent NTX to the world - not having fun and feeling confident about themselves!

Very Happy

Congratulations on competing with the top teams this weekend. I look forward to watching your girls play at QT.

Ok we get it,Drop it! we will agree to disagree! aka Flygirl aka herradura aka RM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next