North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Plano West Dynasty - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Plano West Dynasty

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Plano West Dynasty - Page 3 Empty Re: Plano West Dynasty

Post by TripDDs 24/10/13, 11:30 am

Pele98 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:Reguardless of her minutes at UNC, she must have been a central figure on this Plano West Dynasty.  From what Tornado says, she probably carried the team, and without her they probably wouldn't have won many games at all.
Played for ESD not Plano West.
Oh, I thought I was in the Plano West thread. I don't even remember clicking on a ESD or UNC thread.

TripDDs
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 24/10/13, 11:40 am

TripDDs wrote:
Pele98 wrote:
TripDDs wrote:Reguardless of her minutes at UNC, she must have been a central figure on this Plano West Dynasty.  From what Tornado says, she probably carried the team, and without her they probably wouldn't have won many games at all.
Played for ESD not Plano West.
Oh, I thought I was in the Plano West thread.  I don't even remember clicking on a ESD or UNC thread.
Laughing Laughing ........Tornado11.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 24/10/13, 12:50 pm

Looking back, I blame bwgophers for bringing in Allen HS and Kenshi for defending his Lady Wolves Very Happy

Instead of the Seinfeld 'show about nothing' these threads often go into the 'thread about everything' - like speaking with my Mother In-Law.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 24/10/13, 09:33 pm

Full disclosure: I know the girl and her family well. I read the contract/scholarship she signed to attend UNC Chapel Hill on 'signing day' this past February. The girl was NOT redshirted this year (5 of 13 freshmen were) has made the travel squad for most of the games (they started with 36 girls on the roster ) she has not played as much as she would like but is, as noted,is playing behind some of the very best strikers in the USA.

She was one of 2 freshmen to pass the dreaded UNC 'fitness test' and has made an impression on Anson Dorrance and, for a freshman at the # 1 program for women's soccer in the USA has done very well.

I am not a fan of ECNL per se...do not believe it is the best way to get noticed, the school's camps are and here's why...ALL the top coaches at ALL the top programs receive a LARGE portion of their remuneration from their summer camps...as such it is in their best interest to ATTEND their own camps and not bother with going to ECNL late spring/early summer 'tournaments'...(they send their respective lackeys to these)....so...regardless of what many think..I believe that attending the summer soccer camps of the schools your daughter is interested in is, without question, (again IMO) much better than ANY ECNL route. As far as the ESD girl now at UNC goes...although only time will tell.... I believe she will become a top player at the #1 most successful sports program, male of female, in the USA.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/10/13, 09:47 pm

So you are saying Dorance is out there running drills at all camp sessions, not just making appearances or coming by to say hi to those Special invited ones that were noticed elsewhere.  It can be done at camps, but to put all your eggs in that basket is simply foolish. 

It takes work, a skilled player, and some luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 24/10/13, 09:55 pm

Borussia wrote:So you are saying Dorance is out there running drills at all camp sessions, not just making appearances or coming by to say hi to those Special invited ones that were noticed elsewhere.  It can be done at camps, but to put all your eggs in that basket is simply foolish. 

It takes work, a skilled player, and some luck.
Anson Dorrance and the rest of the top programs head coaches 'oversee' their camps...they bring in coaches from all over the place...typically put the girls in groups of 16 or so the first day....these camp coaches (many of them college coaches at smaller schools) tell Anson or whoever is in charge at that particular school ( Randy Waldrum at Notre Dame or whoever) if there is a girl that stands out...at that point Anson (or whoever) will show up and observe that girl in the next day's session....and that's how it goes...

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 02/11/13, 09:27 am

tornado11 wrote:Full disclosure: I know the girl and her family well. I read the contract/scholarship she signed to attend UNC Chapel Hill on 'signing day' this past February. The girl was NOT redshirted this year (5 of 13 freshmen were) has made the travel squad for most of the games (they started with 36 girls on the roster ) she has not played as much as she would like but is, as noted,is playing behind some of the very best strikers in the USA.

She was one of 2 freshmen to pass the dreaded UNC 'fitness test' and has made an impression on Anson Dorrance and, for a freshman at the # 1 program for women's soccer in the USA has done very well.

I am not a fan of ECNL per se...do not believe it is the best way to get noticed, the school's camps are and here's why...ALL the top coaches at ALL the top programs receive a LARGE portion of their remuneration from their summer camps...as such it is in their best interest to ATTEND their own camps and not bother with going to ECNL late spring/early summer 'tournaments'...(they send their respective lackeys to these)....so...regardless of what many think..I believe that attending the summer soccer camps of the schools your daughter is interested in is, without question, (again IMO) much better than ANY ECNL route. As far as the ESD girl now at UNC goes...although only time will tell.... I believe she will become a top player at the #1 most successful sports program, male of female,  in the USA.
If this is true, why even bother to play any club soccer? Why not spend all your dues money on attending camps? You should have your dd train in the drills that are run at the camp and, Presto, scholarship! Can you name one other 2013 NTX player that got college money only from attending a camp?

Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by scr460 02/11/13, 08:36 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
tornado11 wrote:Full disclosure: I know the girl and her family well. I read the contract/scholarship she signed to attend UNC Chapel Hill on 'signing day' this past February. The girl was NOT redshirted this year (5 of 13 freshmen were) has made the travel squad for most of the games (they started with 36 girls on the roster ) she has not played as much as she would like but is, as noted,is playing behind some of the very best strikers in the USA.

I am not a fan of ECNL per se...do not believe it is the best way to get noticed, the school's camps are and here's why...ALL the top coaches at ALL the top programs receive a LARGE portion of their remuneration from their summer camps...as such it is in their best interest to ATTEND their own camps and not bother with going to ECNL late spring/early summer 'tournaments'...(they send their respective lackeys to these)....so...regardless of what many think..I believe that attending the summer soccer camps of the schools your daughter is interested in is, without question, (again IMO) much better than ANY ECNL route. As far as the ESD girl now at UNC goes...although only time will tell.... I believe she will become a top player at the #1 most successful sports program, male of female,  in the USA.
If this is true, why even bother to play any club soccer?  Why not spend all your dues money on attending camps?  You should have your dd train in the drills that are run at the camp and, Presto, scholarship!  Can you name one other 2013 NTX player that got college money only from attending a camp?

Players are either exceptional or not.  Congratulations to any player who is living out her dream playing at a phenomenal program.  How many players work their tails off for years sacrificing so much for the love of the game yet never achieve the opportunity to play at that level?  More often than not, many who have played at the top level are totally burned out and ready for the next phase of their lives at 18 or 19.  Not playing ECNL is probably not the best way to get exposure to college coaches for current NTX players, however there are always exceptions.    If you have the talent, skill, speed and passion for the game you just need to find the right coach to pick you out of the crowd.

scr460
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 03/11/13, 07:09 am

I sure don't know many 94's or 95's that played at a top level that are burned out and not playing college soccer.  There is only one player from my dd's team that isn't playing and she tore an ACL for the 4th time.  She was getting college money and would love to still be playing.  People who really don't have a clue, throw out the burnout statement as fact.  

As far as the genius statement of " If you have the talent, skill, speed and passion for the game you just need to find the right coach to pick you out of the crowd."  Good luck with that.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport 03/11/13, 09:34 am

I know of quite a few 94 players that were receiving college scholarships for soccer and quit playing after the first year. I know this only because my 94 daughter is still Facebook friends with so many of them, and she has mentioned things like this from time to time. I don't know all of the various reasons (burnout, grades, etc.) But I do know that in every case she has told me about, the girls that quit playing soccer also changed colleges. This leads me to believe that many of them took scholarship money to play at colleges that they really didn't want to attend in the first place.
JustaSport
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by scr460 03/11/13, 11:32 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:I sure don't know many 94's or 95's that played at a top level that are burned out and not playing college soccer.  There is only one player from my dd's team that isn't playing and she tore an ACL for the 4th time.  She was getting college money and would love to still be playing.  People who really don't have a clue, throw out the burnout statement as fact.  

As far as the genius statement of " If you have the talent, skill, speed and passion for the game you just need to find the right coach to pick you out of the crowd."  Good luck with that.
Well my life experience has shown me that to be true in everything - luck (who you know,etc...) sometimes counts as much as hard work.  

I have a 94 daughter and from our knowledge the # of kids (boys and girls) that quit after 1 year of college soccer is high >30%.    

We also know a player that is playing at a D1 school that didn't play ECNL until her senior year; she played LHGCL d2 thru her sophomore year in HS. You can find exceptions every year.

scr460
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 04/11/13, 09:47 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:

If this is true, why even bother to play any club soccer?  Why not spend all your dues money on attending camps?  You should have your dd train in the drills that are run at the camp and, Presto, scholarship!  Can you name one other 2013 NTX player that got college money only from attending a camp?

Quick Unc, get a camp circuit program set up! You've just found the next growth area for NTX soccer!

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 04/11/13, 10:09 am

Loosely related (from our coach who happened to be a 4 year National Champ as well as All American at UNC):

http://espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-life/article/9587807/total-access-north-carolina-tar-heels-competitive-culture-leads-success?fb_action_ids=10202386334929396&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210202386334929396%22%3A547203035334176%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210202386334929396%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 04/11/13, 08:32 pm

Now back to our original topic.

Looks like Plano West is expected to continue on their roll.

http://www.studentsports.com/girlssoccer/2013/11/05/girls-winter-fab-50-nov-5/

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooter 13/11/13, 06:26 pm

My daughter played for a NTX ECNL club and is now playing D1 soccer. I have a mixed opinion on camps vs. ECNL. Camps are good because your DD gets exposed to the campus environment and the personality of the coach (my DD eliminated some really prominent schools based on camp experiences). If you are simply attending a camp because you received a brochure, good luck. They will take your money. You can hope your kid gets seen by the head coach. If the coach calls your select team coach and says a brochure will be sent to your kid, GO, if you can. Regarding ECNL, ECNL will do you no good unless (1) you are a recognized talent they already know they want to see (ODP regional player, national team player, Top Drawer ranked player) OR (2) you have communicated with the coach (within NCAA rules) via email and such in advance. If you simply show up to an ECNL event with no prior communications, then your DD will simply be one of hundreds of girls they will see and standing out in that environment is tough. A side note - - if your daughter is a GK, a quality warm-up routine is essential. Coaches interested in GKs will often come early to watch the warm-up, then leave once the game starts (preferring to spend game time watching field players). This is particularly prevalent early in the process. Only after they whittle down the GK pool they are interested in will they stay to watch a game. When they are really interested, the GK coach and head coach will both come to watch an entire game or games.

Shooter
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 15/01/14, 05:52 pm

My dd just finished her last yr of college soccer. From her U18 club team of 18 players 14 finished all 4 years playing D1 soccer, 2 quit after their jr yr, and 2 redshirted and are still playing.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 15/01/14, 07:56 pm

[quote="DrSoccer"]My dd just finished her last yr of college soccer. From her U18 club team of 18 players 14 finished all 4 years playing D1 soccer, 2 quit after their jr yr,  and  2 redshirted and are still playing.[/quote]

That is great.

Was it a NTX team?

How many finished at the school that they started?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 22/01/14, 03:31 pm

yes, 2 of the 18 transferred. btw yes PW has a very good team
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 27/01/14, 05:51 pm

["DrSoccer"]yes, 2 of the 18 transferred. btw yes PW has a very good team

That is interesting as Big Red and Big Blue each lost at least 3 of their 92's to attrition.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 04/02/14, 04:46 pm

lefty - what is attrition?
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down