North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

What are the good HS playoff games to watch and when are they being played? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

What are the good HS playoff games to watch and when are they being played?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are the good HS playoff games to watch and when are they being played? Empty What are the good HS playoff games to watch and when are they being played?

Post by futvideo 25/03/11, 02:12 pm

What are the good HS playoff games to watch and when are they being played?

futvideo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

What are the good HS playoff games to watch and when are they being played? Empty Re: What are the good HS playoff games to watch and when are they being played?

Post by whowasthatto 25/03/11, 02:45 pm

Saw a good one with the boys last night, Rockwall vs Jefferson. I hear it might be replayed since the refs didn't have the teams play OT and instead went straight to a shoot out when regulation ended. If they replay it, it will probably take place tomorrow.

On the girls side, I would venture to say that in 4A, the Highland Park vs McKinney North game on what I will assume will be Tuesday night is probably the best one out there.

whowasthatto
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

What are the good HS playoff games to watch and when are they being played? Empty Re: What are the good HS playoff games to watch and when are they being played?

Post by soccerfoot 25/03/11, 03:20 pm

whowasthatto wrote:Saw a good one with the boys last night, Rockwall vs Jefferson. I hear it might be replayed since the refs didn't have the teams play OT and instead went straight to a shoot out when regulation ended. If they replay it, it will probably take place tomorrow.

On the girls side, I would venture to say that in 4A, the Highland Park vs McKinney North game on what I will assume will be Tuesday night is probably the best one out there.

When and where exactly is this game?

soccerfoot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scr460 25/03/11, 08:58 pm

Just got home from a game and am completely frustrated at the horrific officiating. It is to the point of ridiculousness. The referees on the boys and girls side are lazy and uninterested in trying to call a consistent fair game. At tonight's game the better team won, but the officials let the game get completely out of hand. Girls were knocking each over left and right. The more they get away with it, the more they push the envelope. The ref tonight was letting both sides get away with reckless play and dangerous play. It takes away from the game and diminishes skilled play.

I guess, I am just getting old and/or seen too many games but it is pathetic. I completely understand how the top players don't want to bother with High School so they don't risk injury. I have a bb and dd that play high school. What I saw tonight at the girls games was far and away more out of control than anything I have seen this year on the boys side.
North Texas needs to do something. These guys are not doing their job. I can't help but feel that they are there to make just to make extra cash and it is the only place in their lives they have any control.

scr460
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 25/03/11, 09:32 pm

scr460 wrote:Just got home from a game and am completely frustrated at the horrific officiating. It is to the point of ridiculousness. The referees on the boys and girls side are lazy and uninterested in trying to call a consistent fair game. At tonight's game the better team won, but the officials let the game get completely out of hand. Girls were knocking each over left and right. The more they get away with it, the more they push the envelope. The ref tonight was letting both sides get away with reckless play and dangerous play. It takes away from the game and diminishes skilled play.

I guess, I am just getting old and/or seen too many games but it is pathetic. I completely understand how the top players don't want to bother with High School so they don't risk injury. I have a bb and dd that play high school. What I saw tonight at the girls games was far and away more out of control than anything I have seen this year on the boys side.
North Texas needs to do something. These guys are not doing their job. I can't help but feel that they are there to make just to make extra cash and it is the only place in their lives they have any control.

I agree,
We should have a ranking system for the refs, kinda like we do for the teams. Maybe if they are being held accountable by the public, some of the bad will ones will quit being so lazy.
BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 26/03/11, 01:44 am

There is something you can do about the officiating......take the class and pick up a whistle. then you can have all the power you want to solve the problem from the inside out.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 26/03/11, 07:19 am

twotone wrote:There is something you can do about the officiating......take the class and pick up a whistle. then you can have all the power you want to solve the problem from the inside out.

Oh, I see. So if I become a ref, all of the other refs will start calling fouls properly?
What a cop out. So I guess you are condoning bad officiating? That would be great if we could all take the class and become refs, but it's not reality. I think 75% of the officials do a great job. It's the other 25% that are too lazy to call fouls and let things get out of hand. I never complain about any other calls, but if a ref refuses to call fouls, he needs to be called out for it.
BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 26/03/11, 11:42 am

scr460 wrote:Just got home from a game and am completely frustrated at the horrific officiating. It is to the point of ridiculousness. The referees on the boys and girls side are lazy and uninterested in trying to call a consistent fair game. At tonight's game the better team won, but the officials let the game get completely out of hand. Girls were knocking each over left and right. The more they get away with it, the more they push the envelope. The ref tonight was letting both sides get away with reckless play and dangerous play. It takes away from the game and diminishes skilled play.

Do they govern HS refs?

Last edited by JeffM on 30/03/11, 09:53 am; edited 1 time in total

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ekkeeper1 26/03/11, 03:30 pm

As far as I know North Texas is not responsible for the High School Referees. I believe they are governed by UIL they play by different rules in HS then in North Texas which uses FIFA rules.

ekkeeper1
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/03/11, 03:58 pm

twotone wrote:There is something you can do about the officiating......take the class and pick up a whistle. then you can have all the power you want to solve the problem from the inside out.

I haven't seen any high school games in a while so don't know the caliber of officiating. But this deflection from many referee posters on here has long since become stale and lame. By this logic, if I don't like the service at my bank then I should become a teller. If I don't like the articles in a magazine, I should become a writer. Or if I don't like a lazy teacher who is wasting my child's time, I should become a teacher. Whatever. If a ref gets paid, they should do a good job... same as the professions listed above. If not, fire them before they become a source of serious player injuries.

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 26/03/11, 06:01 pm

Xara wrote:

I haven't seen any high school games in a while so don't know the caliber of officiating. But this deflection from many referee posters on here has long since become stale and lame. By this logic, if I don't like the service at my bank then I should become a teller. If I don't like the articles in a magazine, I should become a writer. Or if I don't like a lazy teacher who is wasting my child's time, I should become a teacher. Whatever. If a ref gets paid, they should do a good job... same as the professions listed above. If not, fire them before they become a source of serious player injuries.

Two problems with that 1.) If you don't like the service at the bank, or the article in a magazine, there are plenty of other banks to deposit your money with, and plenty of other magazines to read. If you are playing HS soccer there is only one organization UIL to deal with. Same with select - there is only one source for referees. Your choice is then play or not play. 2.) As I understand it, the lack of quality refs has more to do with the lack of refs in general, not that lower quality refs are somehow protected. So we wind up back at somehow recruiting those with some level of soccer knowledge into getting a license and undergoing the training, etc.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 26/03/11, 06:13 pm

my statement is no copout....its clearly a challenge. if you wanna complain, you're just as much of the problem as the guys you think isn't calling the game properly. the way you can solve it is by getting your certification and reffing games. when you get good enough, you will surpass the ref you complained about in ranking and/or skill level, which will ultimately push that referee further down the list. maybe, just maybe, you take his/her middle and that ref is relegated to a line, which causes less damage to the game, in theory, if he/she is a bad ref. that's how you solve the problem.

of course, if you dont like the service at the bank, you can always enroll your kid in volleyball or tennis and see what happens there.....

BTW, there is a ranking system in place, howver perfect or flawed it may be. but there is a ranking system in place in almost all phases of refereeing. it may be as simple as the home assignor of the local Rec assn knowing who can do what or the highly-detailed system they use in professional leagues and international games around the world. it is what it is. and in HS, coaches can absolutely give their feedback on refs to the chapters that cover their games. that will always provide a different point of view in any ranking system that's used.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by whowasthatto 28/03/11, 07:06 pm

I believe someone asked where the McKinney North-Highland Park game is going to be. It will be Tuesday night at 6:00 pm at Standridge Stadium in Carrollton.

whowasthatto
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccernotmylife 29/03/11, 12:09 pm

UIL Area Soccer Playoffs - - Lady Pirates vs. Mesquite Poteet - - Tuesday, March 29, 5:30 pm, HBJ Stadium in Garland - - GO LADY PIRATES!!!

This is a 4A Playoff tonight as well.

soccernotmylife
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

What are the good HS playoff games to watch and when are they being played? Empty Coppell vs Plano West

Post by brad.kennedy 29/03/11, 01:56 pm

This has to be the big game! I've seen Plano West play, but I haven't seen Coppell. This is going to be a VERY good game with I suspect both sides going back and forth. I won't write anything more because here's what the Dallas Morning News wrote:

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/03/crazy-first-round-game-in-girls-soccer-b.html

'Crazy first-round game' in girls soccer between Coppell and former No. 1 in the nation Plano West

By Corbett Smith / Reporter

12:22 PM on Tue., Mar. 29, 2011 | Permalink

For girls (and boys) soccer teams, the depth of some of the districts in the area have created some ridiculously tough first-round games.

Matt touched on the depth of soccer talent in the area in both his column and a blog post highlighting the boys' clashes between Districts 7- and 8-5A.

Perhaps the biggest first-round game is in girls soccer, where 7-5A district champ Coppell -- No. 2 in our area 5A rankings, and featuring one of the best strikers in the country, Chioma Ubogagu -- faces 8-5A fourth-seed Plano West, 7:00 tonight at Flower Mound Marcus.

There was a time this season when Plano West was ranked No. 1 in the nation; here's a blog post from the estimable Jordan Mason about it.

"It's two big-time programs going at it," Coppell coach Chris Stricker said. "We are really excited about it. ... It's a crazy first-round game, but that's just the way it is."

Either of these teams has the talent to make a sizable run the post-season with a win tonight.
brad.kennedy
brad.kennedy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

https://www.youtube.com/user/bradlyfkennedy

Back to top Go down

Post by 96Guru 30/03/11, 07:39 am

4A games later this week that will be big.

Birdville vs Wichita Falls Old High
Wichita Falls Rider vs Denton Ryan

Denton Ryan is the only team to beat Birdville this year and they did it twice.
Birdville beat WF Rider.
WF Old High beat WF Rider
WF Rider beat Denton Ryan.

As you can see, guessing the outcome is s hot in the dark.
96Guru
96Guru
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bronxdad 30/03/11, 08:03 am

96Guru wrote:4A games later this week that will be big.

Birdville vs Wichita Falls Old High
Wichita Falls Rider vs Denton Ryan

Denton Ryan is the only team to beat Birdville this year and they did it twice.
Birdville beat WF Rider.
WF Old High beat WF Rider
WF Rider beat Denton Ryan.

As you can see, guessing the outcome is s hot in the dark.

Denton Ryan vs WF Rider, Mineral Wells on Friday @ 5pm or 7pm not set yet

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by whowasthatto 30/03/11, 06:16 pm

The bigger 4A game I believe is Carrollton Creekview vs Frisco Wakeland.

whowasthatto
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 96Guru 30/03/11, 06:26 pm

whowasthatto wrote:The bigger 4A game I believe is Carrollton Creekview vs Frisco Wakeland.

Because?
96Guru
96Guru
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 30/03/11, 06:33 pm

Looks to me like the best games are being played in 5A. No 7-0 and 9-0 scores here.

Arl. Martin 2, Midland Lee 1

FW Paschal 2, SA Central 1

Hurst Bell 4, Mansfield 0

FM Marcus 2, Justin Northwest 0

SL Carroll 2, Flower Mound 1

Coll. Heritage 2, Mans. Legacy 0

Odessa Permian 1, Arlington 0 (OT)

Coppell 1, Plano West 0

Hebron 5, Keller F. Ridge 1

Euless Trinity 1, Mans. Timberview 0
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by HopeSolo 30/03/11, 08:22 pm

Mansfield Summit beat Rider..

HopeSolo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HopeSolo 30/03/11, 08:23 pm

WF Old High did not beat Rider this year anyway.....Tied once, lost twice.

HopeSolo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by John Galt 31/03/11, 09:09 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:Looks to me like the best games are being played in 5A. No 7-0 and 9-0 scores here.

Coppell 1, Plano West 0

Ok I'll take the bait.

Grapevine 9, Midlothian 0
John Galt
John Galt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KatCon 31/03/11, 09:58 am

John Galt wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:Looks to me like the best games are being played in 5A. No 7-0 and 9-0 scores here.

Coppell 1, Plano West 0

Ok I'll take the bait.

Grapevine 9, Midlothian 0

That a$$ whipping is gonna leave a mark for sure!
KatCon
KatCon
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 31/03/11, 10:00 am

Is Midlothian really 5A? I think it was a misprint.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next