North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 Scores 10/4-10/6 - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

04 Scores 10/4-10/6

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

04 Scores 10/4-10/6 - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Scores 10/4-10/6

Post by SwitchDaField 07/10/13, 09:19 am

LP Dalglish - 6
FC Dallas Premier - 0

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/10/13, 10:06 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Bow-Chicka-Wow Wow wrote:When  is  it not physical when DTS is involved??   Question, has DTS  played Lady Aztecs recently?  Similar aggression and speed.   Would expect a good game.  
Never!! That's DTS trade mark to out muscle you and to "clear it".. lol! 
Lol...u know that's not how they play...u may just be a lil disappointed they put away your Sting Goodman team you "predicted" would beat them. They rely on athletic ability and opportunities...I've never saw them just play kickball.

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 07/10/13, 10:26 am

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Bow-Chicka-Wow Wow wrote:When  is  it not physical when DTS is involved??   Question, has DTS  played Lady Aztecs recently?  Similar aggression and speed.   Would expect a good game.  
Lol...u know that's not how they play...u may just be a lil disappointed they put away your Sting Goodman team you "predicted" would beat them. They rely on athletic ability and opportunities...I've never saw them just play kickball.
Not disappointed just surprised. It happens at times.

You never seen them play kickball, well I've never known for them to be tactical. So which style is it??

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 07/10/13, 10:57 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:

You never seen them play kickball, well I've never known for them to be tactical. So which style is it??
Why are we even debating this. We all know DTS sucks at pure soccer like EVERY SINGLE OTHER team that does not have smart/gifted enough parents to put them under superior training and wear a Liverpool jersey.

Gabe Adames has a bunch of no talent kickball teams... His 02s, 03s, 04s, and 05s all suck and play kickball. No skill. What he needs to do is get himself an English accent and/or move to Frisco where the superior kids and talent grow on trees. Then they might start to play some REAL soccer with skill and precision.

Now that this is settled let's move on. Thanks.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/10/13, 10:58 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:

Naw I haven't, I think their center mid has finesse and distributes well and they have active forwards and one that can shoot with either foot. ...Not many shooters and swift backs who aren't exactly powerful kickers but fast and also active. So a bit raw and at times tactical but I guess in a nutshell, victorious much more than losing so that could be tactical enough right? Why throw jabs if you win with uppercuts. Does your DD still play with Dalglish? Just asking.

Last edited by kixR4Adults2 on 07/10/13, 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ???)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/10/13, 11:00 am

Shelby427 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:

Why are we even debating this. We all know DTS sucks at pure soccer like EVERY SINGLE OTHER team that does not have smart/gifted enough parents to put them under superior training and wear a Liverpool jersey.

Gabe Adames has a bunch of no talent kickball teams... His 02s, 03s, 04s, and 05s all suck and play kickball. No skill. What he needs to do is get himself an English accent and/or move to Frisco where the superior kids and talent grow on trees. Then they might start to play some REAL soccer with skill and precision.

Now that this is settled let's move on. Thanks.
Bingo....Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Joga14:55 07/10/13, 01:13 pm

What does Liverpool have to do with this particular diss Shelby? Just curious seeing that this came from a sting parent from what I can see. I could be wrong though. Again just curious about the Liverpool reference.
Joga14:55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 07/10/13, 01:36 pm

Joga14:55 wrote:What does Liverpool have to do with this particular diss Shelby?  Just curious seeing that this came from a sting parent from what I can see.  I could be wrong though.   Again just curious about the Liverpool reference.
He's a LP parent or used to be... my comment is not a knock on LP but on the people who think LP is God's gift to North Texas Soccer and that any team south of I-30 is made up of degenerate less than equals. These people know the TRUE SOCCER and where it is played and it certainly isn't on a team/club their kids are not on.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Joga14:55 07/10/13, 01:44 pm

Gotcha. I was just curious. I'm not too familiar with all the handles n stuff that certain parents use. I agree that you gotta give credit to great teams regardless of what region the are from or what club they are with. GA's teams' histories speak for themselves.
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 07/10/13, 02:37 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
Joga14:55 wrote:What does Liverpool have to do with this particular diss Shelby?  Just curious seeing that this came from a sting parent from what I can see.  I could be wrong though.   Again just curious about the Liverpool reference.
He's a LP parent or used to be... my comment is not a knock on LP but on the people who think LP is God's gift to North Texas Soccer and that any team south of I-30 is made up of degenerate less than equals. These people know the TRUE SOCCER and where it is played and it certainly isn't on a team/club their kids are not on.
Touchy a bit about Liverpool are we??  DTS '04 is an "over" aggressive team and probably win 90/95% of games because of this not because of tactics.  From what I saw, DTS back line and sweeper tend to kick the ball back up field or out of bounds when pressured instead of playing the ball out, so yes kickball was played.  The game played against LP Dalglish was physical and many fouls were committed.  Im sure I'm not the first nor the last to say this about DTS "over" aggressiveness. And no my dd doesn't play on LP Dalglish. I was merely a bystander watching after my bb team played.

As far as GA's 02s, 03s, 04's, & 05s, I believe it was once stated on this forum, Who is DTS competing against for players?? North side of town is over flooded with teams looking for the next BIG talent.  Not to take anything away from what GA, he has a lot of success and this is no stab at the kids or the parents but  DTS sits on their own island.  Yea, I said it.

My conclusion was based on what I saw against LP Dalglish and strictly that and nothing to do with South of I-30. No where did anyone say anything bout where you live?  Nothing was said negatively about any kid or parent. Only that in my humble opinion what I observed was kick ball and a lot of fouls that weren't called.  Sometime it hits home, I understand, when other people see it or tell it as it is.  In no way does this reflect on your kids or parents. Just the style of soccer or rugby y'all are playing.  You have very talented players so I guess what I'm trying to say is why all the over aggressiveness? Those DTS girls are super fast and skilled so why just whack it? Once again, No stab at the kids just the style of play.  But hey it works for you.  So good luck I'm sure you will have much success in the future.  Just a few questions about your style of play is what I was curious about.

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 07/10/13, 02:52 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Touchy a bit about Liverpool are we??  DTS '04 is an "over" aggressive team and probably win 90/95% of games because of this not because of tactics.  From what I saw, DTS back line and sweeper tend to kick the ball back up field or out of bounds when pressured instead of playing the ball out, so yes kickball was played.  The game played against LP Dalglish was physical and many fouls were committed.  Im sure I'm not the first nor the last to say this about DTS "over" aggressiveness. And no my dd doesn't play on LP Dalglish. I was merely a bystander watching after my bb team played.

As far as GA's 02s, 03s, 04's, & 05s, I believe it was once stated on this forum, Who is DTS competing against for players?? North side of town is over flooded with teams looking for the next BIG talent.  Not to take anything away from what GA, he has a lot of success and this is no stab at the kids or the parents but  DTS sits on their own island.  Yea, I said it.

My conclusion was based on what I saw against LP Dalglish and strictly that and nothing to do with South of I-30. No where did anyone say anything bout where you live?  Nothing was said negatively about any kid or parent. Only that in my humble opinion what I observed was kick ball and a lot of fouls that weren't called.  Sometime it hits home, I understand, when other people see it or tell it as it is.  In no way does this reflect on your kids or parents. Just the style of soccer or rugby y'all are playing.  You have very talented players so I guess what I'm trying to say is why all the over aggressiveness? Those DTS girls are super fast and skilled so why just whack it? Once again, No stab at the kids just the style of play.  But hey it works for you.  So good luck I'm sure you will have much success in the future.  Just a few questions about your style of play is what I was curious about.
Right, there are no other coaches or clubs other than DTS and Gabe Adames south of I-30... He sucks as a coach and is only good because he lives on an island.

Oh, and DTS just plays kickball again and fouls all the time.

As I said, we already got this. No need to repeat...

Why don't you have your expert coach give GA a call. I am sure he will be happy to arrange a scrimmage and let your team show him how it's done.

Wait, they are not as good right because the talent pool is spread too thin where you live. Nevermind.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/10/13, 03:00 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

My conclusion was based on what I saw against LP Dalglish and strictly that and nothing to do with South of I-30. No where did anyone say anything bout where you live?  Nothing was said negatively about any kid or parent. Only that in my humble opinion what I observed was kick ball and a lot of fouls that weren't called.  Sometime it hits home, I understand, when other people see it or tell it as it is.  In no way does this reflect on your kids or parents. Just the style of soccer or rugby y'all are playing.  You have very talented players so I guess what I'm trying to say is why all the over aggressiveness? Those DTS girls are super fast and skilled so why just whack it? Once again, No stab at the kids just the style of play.  But hey it works for you.  So good luck I'm sure you have much success in the future.  Just a few questions about your style of play is what I was curious about. 
Curious why style of play at this age even really matters? These kids are still worrying about not panicking when being attacked and looking for openings to send the ball to other players. Rarely do you find that finess player in a defensive position - they end up playing forward or midfield. It's a one touch and either pass or clear - two rules: don't play with the ball and lose it, and don't send it in front of the goal box. When someone says a player is overly aggressive it seems to me they are saying, I can't get my kid to come out of their aggressive shell on the field so your kid is pushing my kid around and looks "bullish" compared to my kid. Here's an interest quote from a coach that has coached kids for 30 years and has written about players development, about what can and can not be taught:

“If a player body-wise is light in her frame and gets knocked around a lot, but she still puts herself into 50-50 situations, even though she ends up on the ground, because she has aggressiveness – that player, when her body fills out, regains her productivity,” he says.

“But if from the beginning she’s a more passive player mentally, and she gets knocked around, the confidence level drops a lot where many times it cannot be regained.”

"Bobak says that he’s come to the conclusion that mental aggressiveness can’t be taught."

So this argument, to me, considering the age of these kids, is irrelevant in the overall scheme of what these players will become when they reach that age when the playing field begins to level out and the 9 year old stars of today that HAVE that mental aggressiveness get their skills under control and their bodies fill out to a point that they're no longer the smallest or slowest and their game time maturity catches up with those whose game time maturity may have started an earlier age. Right now, it's about the parents that want to proudly pound their chest the hardest after their kid plays a game cause the Cowboys, Stars or Rangers aren't giving them the satisfaction they need.

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 07/10/13, 03:01 pm

Ok.. So defensive. Like I said, hits home, apparently hard. You can't reason with "Stupid". I'll leave it as is.. Again, not a stab at the coach or kids

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 07/10/13, 03:20 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:Ok.. So defensive. Like I said, hits home, apparently hard. You can't reason with "Stupid". I'll leave it as is.. Again, not a stab at the coach or kids
Really.. When you mention rugby, thats not a jab at the coach? You can sugarcoat it all you want with the comments like, talented, fast, etc. But come on, it was a jab. Own up to it at least.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/10/13, 04:30 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:Ok.. So defensive. Like I said, hits home, apparently hard. You can't reason with "Stupid". I'll leave it as is.. Again, not a stab at the coach or kids
Articulate, maybe....knowledgeable, I'm not buying it...because beyond all the smoke and mirrors, I've read comments from a biased parent that is as knowledgeable as the rest of the knowledgeable parents this board has created. Staying behind to watch the whole game is a testament that you are still emotionally vested in your DD's old team and your assessment has no validity, just an opinion driven purpose to erect a monument of nothingness of why your favored team lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 07/10/13, 04:45 pm

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
Articulate, maybe....knowledgeable, I'm not buying it...because beyond all the smoke and mirrors, I've read comments from a biased parent that is as knowledgeable as the rest of the knowledgeable parents this board has created. Staying behind to watch the whole game is a testament that you are still emotionally vested in your DD's old team and your assessment has no validity, just an opinion driven purpose to erect a monument of nothingness of why your favored team lost.
I dont recall 4theLuv saying this in the above posts or any affiliation with Liverpool. Seems like a bit of a stretch Kix ..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/10/13, 04:57 pm

Did someone say kickball? I know I heard kickball. In that case I'm in. Everyone knows that rugby is the evolutionary product of soccer culminating in the pinnacle of evolution american football. Sorry I got off track, I love DTS's aggressive style of play. If your DD can't handle it now wait till she gets in select, sweet little princesses get real nasty then.

Back to top Go down

Post by DEUCEE'Sdaddy 07/10/13, 04:59 pm

WHEW!!!...Glad to See I'm NOT the Only Soccer Parent Still Somewhat Bummed Over a Loss this Weekend...

"Misery Loooooves COMPANY"...Beer is in the Fridge...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/10/13, 05:08 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
I dont recall 4theLuv saying this in the above posts or any affiliation with Liverpool.  Seems like a bit of a stretch Kix ..
Boards back in effect!! Not that much of a stretch and you are right Pitch....in none of the above post...its my off day so I did a little backlog reading of previous post to support my accusation...call it "tactical"...I maybe off but I don't feel like I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/10/13, 05:08 pm

DEUCEE'Sdaddy wrote:WHEW!!!...Glad to See I'm NOT the Only Soccer Parent Still Somewhat Bummed Over a Loss this Weekend...

"Misery Loooooves COMPANY"...Beer is in the Fridge...
Blatantly obvious isn't it....?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/10/13, 05:55 pm

Cleansheets wrote:Did someone say kickball? I know I heard kickball. In that case I'm in. Everyone  knows that rugby is the evolutionary product of soccer culminating in the pinnacle of evolution american football. Sorry I got off track, I love DTS's aggressive style of play. If your DD can't handle it now wait till she gets in select, sweet little princesses get real nasty then.
Darn right Sheets...my DD first tournament in academy, I walked by a girls select game...I saw a young lady try and rip another ones ARM out of socket...this with my daughter has to look forward to ? back to Rec for us ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/10/13, 06:12 pm

bwgophers wrote:
bwgophers wrote:Still looking for scores from the following SDL games on Fri/Sat:

DTN Rosales v. Sting Blue Scarfone
LFS Black v. Sting Blue Scarfone

FC Divas Greenstarvs v. Dynamo FC
FC Divas Greenstarvs v. Sting '05 Scarfone
Mustangs v. LP Redknapp
Sting North v. LP Carragher
Dallas Rush v. DT Scott
DTN Red Rosales v. FCD Heald

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Post by ballboy 07/10/13, 09:27 pm

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:Did someone say kickball? I know I heard kickball. In that case I'm in. Everyone  knows that rugby is the evolutionary product of soccer culminating in the pinnacle of evolution american football. Sorry I got off track, I love DTS's aggressive style of play. If your DD can't handle it now wait till she gets in select, sweet little princesses get real nasty then.
Darn right Sheets...my DD first tournament in academy, I walked by a girls select game...I saw a young lady try and rip another ones ARM out of socket...this with my daughter has to look forward to ? back to Rec for us ....

It's not a foul if the ref don't call it.

ballboy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballboy 07/10/13, 09:35 pm

RalphyBoy wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

My conclusion was based on what I saw against LP Dalglish and strictly that and nothing to do with South of I-30. No where did anyone say anything bout where you live?  Nothing was said negatively about any kid or parent. Only that in my humble opinion what I observed was kick ball and a lot of fouls that weren't called.  Sometime it hits home, I understand, when other people see it or tell it as it is.  In no way does this reflect on your kids or parents. Just the style of soccer or rugby y'all are playing.  You have very talented players so I guess what I'm trying to say is why all the over aggressiveness? Those DTS girls are super fast and skilled so why just whack it? Once again, No stab at the kids just the style of play.  But hey it works for you.  So good luck I'm sure you have much success in the future.  Just a few questions about your style of play is what I was curious about. 
Curious why style of play at this age even really matters?  These kids are still worrying about not panicking when being attacked and looking for openings to send the ball to other players.  Rarely do you find that finess player in a defensive position - they end up playing forward or midfield.  It's a one touch and either pass or clear - two rules: don't play with the ball and lose it, and don't send it in front of the goal box.  When someone says a player is overly aggressive it seems to me they are saying, I can't get my kid to come out of their aggressive shell on the field so your kid is pushing my kid around and looks "bullish" compared to my kid.  Here's an interest quote from a coach that has coached kids for 30 years and has written about players development, about what can and can not be taught:

“If a player body-wise is light in her frame and gets knocked around a lot, but she still puts herself into 50-50 situations, even though she ends up on the ground, because she has aggressiveness – that player, when her body fills out, regains her productivity,” he says.

“But if from the beginning she’s a more passive player mentally, and she gets knocked around, the confidence level drops a lot where many times it cannot be regained.”

"Bobak says that he’s come to the conclusion that mental aggressiveness can’t be taught."

So this argument, to me, considering the age of these kids, is irrelevant in the overall scheme of what these players will become when they reach that age when the playing field begins to level out and the 9 year old  stars of today that HAVE that mental aggressiveness get their skills under control and their bodies fill out to a point that they're no longer the smallest or slowest and their game time maturity catches up with those whose game time maturity may have started an earlier age.  Right now, it's about the parents that want to proudly pound their chest the hardest after their kid plays a game cause the Cowboys, Stars or Rangers aren't giving them the satisfaction they need.

You know what they say about opinions..........lol! 

ballboy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/10/13, 10:02 pm

ballboy wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
It's not a foul if the ref don't call it.
Ahhh....yes, one of my favorites from the "If A Tree Falls In The Forest..." book of one liner philosophies.

Back to top Go down

Post by ballboy 07/10/13, 10:17 pm

Again, I'll be here all week. Thank you.

ballboy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next