North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 Scores 10/4-10/6 - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

04 Scores 10/4-10/6

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

04 Scores 10/4-10/6 - Page 4 Empty Re: 04 Scores 10/4-10/6

Post by ballboy 07/10/13, 10:17 pm

Again, I'll be here all week. Thank you.

ballboy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 08:23 am

ballboy wrote:
RalphyBoy wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Joga14:55 wrote:What does Liverpool have to do with this particular diss Shelby?  Just curious seeing that this came from a sting parent from what I can see.  I could be wrong though.   Again just curious about the Liverpool reference.
He's a LP parent or used to be... my comment is not a knock on LP but on the people who think LP is God's gift to North Texas Soccer and that any team south of I-30 is made up of degenerate less than equals. These people know the TRUE SOCCER and where it is played and it certainly isn't on a team/club their kids are not on.
Touchy a bit about Liverpool are we??  DTS '04 is an "over" aggressive team and probably win 90/95% of games because of this not because of tactics.  From what I saw, DTS back line and sweeper tend to kick the ball back up field or out of bounds when pressured instead of playing the ball out, so yes kickball was played.  The game played against LP Dalglish was physical and many fouls were committed.  Im sure I'm not the first nor the last to say this about DTS "over" aggressiveness. And no my dd doesn't play on LP Dalglish. I was merely a bystander watching after my bb team played.

As far as GA's 02s, 03s, 04's, & 05s, I believe it was once stated on this forum, Who is DTS competing against for players?? North side of town is over flooded with teams looking for the next BIG talent.  Not to take anything away from what GA, he has a lot of success and this is no stab at the kids or the parents but  DTS sits on their own island.  Yea, I said it.

My conclusion was based on what I saw against LP Dalglish and strictly that and nothing to do with South of I-30. No where did anyone say anything bout where you live?  Nothing was said negatively about any kid or parent. Only that in my humble opinion what I observed was kick ball and a lot of fouls that weren't called.  Sometime it hits home, I understand, when other people see it or tell it as it is.  In no way does this reflect on your kids or parents. Just the style of soccer or rugby y'all are playing.  You have very talented players so I guess what I'm trying to say is why all the over aggressiveness? Those DTS girls are super fast and skilled so why just whack it? Once again, No stab at the kids just the style of play.  But hey it works for you.  So good luck I'm sure you have much success in the future.  Just a few questions about your style of play is what I was curious about. 
Curious why style of play at this age even really matters?  These kids are still worrying about not panicking when being attacked and looking for openings to send the ball to other players.  Rarely do you find that finess player in a defensive position - they end up playing forward or midfield.  It's a one touch and either pass or clear - two rules: don't play with the ball and lose it, and don't send it in front of the goal box.  When someone says a player is overly aggressive it seems to me they are saying, I can't get my kid to come out of their aggressive shell on the field so your kid is pushing my kid around and looks "bullish" compared to my kid.  Here's an interest quote from a coach that has coached kids for 30 years and has written about players development, about what can and can not be taught:

“If a player body-wise is light in her frame and gets knocked around a lot, but she still puts herself into 50-50 situations, even though she ends up on the ground, because she has aggressiveness – that player, when her body fills out, regains her productivity,” he says.

“But if from the beginning she’s a more passive player mentally, and she gets knocked around, the confidence level drops a lot where many times it cannot be regained.”

"Bobak says that he’s come to the conclusion that mental aggressiveness can’t be taught."

So this argument, to me, considering the age of these kids, is irrelevant in the overall scheme of what these players will become when they reach that age when the playing field begins to level out and the 9 year old  stars of today that HAVE that mental aggressiveness get their skills under control and their bodies fill out to a point that they're no longer the smallest or slowest and their game time maturity catches up with those whose game time maturity may have started an earlier age.  Right now, it's about the parents that want to proudly pound their chest the hardest after their kid plays a game cause the Cowboys, Stars or Rangers aren't giving them the satisfaction they need.
You know what they say about opinions..........lol! 
Ummm... no, please do explain?  Some are blantant opinions, others are based on years of scientific study and are closer to fact than opinion - guess we'll see in a few years which one is which - however, at this age, I think parents tend to get a little too emotionally invested - maybe it's the weight of the pocketbook that drives these feelings? cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 08:53 am

RalphyBoy wrote:
ballboy wrote:
RalphyBoy wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Joga14:55 wrote:What does Liverpool have to do with this particular diss Shelby?  Just curious seeing that this came from a sting parent from what I can see.  I could be wrong though.   Again just curious about the Liverpool reference.
He's a LP parent or used to be... my comment is not a knock on LP but on the people who think LP is God's gift to North Texas Soccer and that any team south of I-30 is made up of degenerate less than equals. These people know the TRUE SOCCER and where it is played and it certainly isn't on a team/club their kids are not on.
Touchy a bit about Liverpool are we??  DTS '04 is an "over" aggressive team and probably win 90/95% of games because of this not because of tactics.  From what I saw, DTS back line and sweeper tend to kick the ball back up field or out of bounds when pressured instead of playing the ball out, so yes kickball was played.  The game played against LP Dalglish was physical and many fouls were committed.  Im sure I'm not the first nor the last to say this about DTS "over" aggressiveness. And no my dd doesn't play on LP Dalglish. I was merely a bystander watching after my bb team played.

As far as GA's 02s, 03s, 04's, & 05s, I believe it was once stated on this forum, Who is DTS competing against for players?? North side of town is over flooded with teams looking for the next BIG talent.  Not to take anything away from what GA, he has a lot of success and this is no stab at the kids or the parents but  DTS sits on their own island.  Yea, I said it.

My conclusion was based on what I saw against LP Dalglish and strictly that and nothing to do with South of I-30. No where did anyone say anything bout where you live?  Nothing was said negatively about any kid or parent. Only that in my humble opinion what I observed was kick ball and a lot of fouls that weren't called.  Sometime it hits home, I understand, when other people see it or tell it as it is.  In no way does this reflect on your kids or parents. Just the style of soccer or rugby y'all are playing.  You have very talented players so I guess what I'm trying to say is why all the over aggressiveness? Those DTS girls are super fast and skilled so why just whack it? Once again, No stab at the kids just the style of play.  But hey it works for you.  So good luck I'm sure you have much success in the future.  Just a few questions about your style of play is what I was curious about. 
Curious why style of play at this age even really matters?  These kids are still worrying about not panicking when being attacked and looking for openings to send the ball to other players.  Rarely do you find that finess player in a defensive position - they end up playing forward or midfield.  It's a one touch and either pass or clear - two rules: don't play with the ball and lose it, and don't send it in front of the goal box.  When someone says a player is overly aggressive it seems to me they are saying, I can't get my kid to come out of their aggressive shell on the field so your kid is pushing my kid around and looks "bullish" compared to my kid.  Here's an interest quote from a coach that has coached kids for 30 years and has written about players development, about what can and can not be taught:

“If a player body-wise is light in her frame and gets knocked around a lot, but she still puts herself into 50-50 situations, even though she ends up on the ground, because she has aggressiveness – that player, when her body fills out, regains her productivity,” he says.

“But if from the beginning she’s a more passive player mentally, and she gets knocked around, the confidence level drops a lot where many times it cannot be regained.”

"Bobak says that he’s come to the conclusion that mental aggressiveness can’t be taught."

So this argument, to me, considering the age of these kids, is irrelevant in the overall scheme of what these players will become when they reach that age when the playing field begins to level out and the 9 year old  stars of today that HAVE that mental aggressiveness get their skills under control and their bodies fill out to a point that they're no longer the smallest or slowest and their game time maturity catches up with those whose game time maturity may have started an earlier age.  Right now, it's about the parents that want to proudly pound their chest the hardest after their kid plays a game cause the Cowboys, Stars or Rangers aren't giving them the satisfaction they need.
Ummm... no, please do explain?  Some are blantant opinions, others are based on years of scientific study and are closer to fact than opinion - guess we'll see in a few years which one is which - however, at this age, I think parents tend to get a little too emotionally invested - maybe it's the weight of the pocketbook that drives these feelings? cheers
a friend of mine's daughter plays for tx lightning, their game was immediately after DTS/DALGLISH game ...he said he witnessed a Dalgliesh parent drag his daughter to the car by the arm .what was that all about ? that's either you didn't play well Missy or come on you're going to a new club you sat on the bench too long ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 09:00 am

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
RalphyBoy wrote:
ballboy wrote:
RalphyBoy wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:He's a LP parent or used to be... my comment is not a knock on LP but on the people who think LP is God's gift to North Texas Soccer and that any team south of I-30 is made up of degenerate less than equals. These people know the TRUE SOCCER and where it is played and it certainly isn't on a team/club their kids are not on.

a friend of mine's daughter plays for tx lightning, their game was immediately after DTS/DALGLISH game ...he said he witnessed a Dalgliesh parent drag his daughter to the car by the arm .what was that all about ?  that's either you didn't play well Missy or come on you're going to a new club you sat on the bench too long ....
Some kids parents, I tell ya - SMH... No 

However, could have had nothing to do with soccer, my DD has a great game, asks for ice cream afterwards and when I say no throws herself a dandy little fit right there in front of everyone - so time to grab her little attitude and drag her off to a more private venue to give her a moment of reflection about her actions - true story, happened at soccer but was not soccer related so it's all in the perception of what you think you see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 09:04 am

Lmao...that too...is definitely a possibility!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 09:09 am

Unless you actually hear a parent scolding their kid and saying "you played horrible" or "you really stunk up the place" or something related to her play in soccer, don't assume a parents anger after a game is directly related to the game itself - sometimes kids at age 9/10 act like little heathens cause they "want" something after soccer and are willing to use the public venue as their stage to get what they want by embarrassing their parents in public. And, the parent is forced to then act appropriately by removing said DD from the public area as not to create more of a stir or to fuel said rumors on boards such as this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 09:13 am

Perception is reality unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 09:18 am

Cleansheets wrote:Perception is reality unfortunately.
True that... affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 09:20 am

Is that a one liner Sheets?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 09:25 am

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
Is that a one liner Sheets?

Yes, chapter 4 page 56 from afore mentioned book.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/10/13, 09:47 am

[/quote]a friend of mine's daughter plays for tx lightning, their game was immediately after DTS/DALGLISH game ...he said he witnessed a Dalgliesh parent drag his daughter to the car by the arm .what was that all about ?  that's either you didn't play well Missy or come on you're going to a new club you sat on the bench too long ....[/quote]
I think is see the problem here.  You should get better friends. Or maybe a hobbie so you guys have something else to talk about other than 2 teams you have no connection too.

But I live down the street from a guy whose friend has a daughter who is in girl scouts with a girl who's friend plays for the team that played against TX lightning that also saw some creepy guy stalking LP girls in the parking lot before the game
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 09:51 am

But I live down the street from a guy whose friend has a daughter who is in girl scouts with a girl who's friend plays for the team that played against TX lightning that also saw some creepy guy stalking LP girls in the parking lot before the game
OK, that's just wrong, funny, but wrong... Twisted Evil Must be that perception thing hard at work...

Back to top Go down

Post by ballboy 08/10/13, 09:53 am

Only RASE girls so we can keep the dream alive.

ballboy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 09:54 am

a friend of mine's daughter plays for tx lightning, their game was immediately after DTS/DALGLISH game ...he said he witnessed a Dalgliesh parent drag his daughter to the car by the arm .what was that all about ?  that's either you didn't play well Missy or come on you're going to a new club you sat on the bench too long ....[/quote]I think is see the problem here.  You should get better friends. Or maybe a hobbie so you guys have something else to talk about other than 2 teams you have no connection too.

But I live down the street from a guy whose friend has a daughter who is in girl scouts with a girl who's friend plays for the team that played against TX lightning that also saw some creepy guy stalking LP girls in the parking lot before the game[/quote]I

I'm glad you were able to identify "THE PROBLEM", thanks Moose!!
So I can reference this WHENEVER u mention a team outside of RASE...gtfoh

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/10/13, 10:11 am

AWWW don't be mad kix:(   You post something that you "heard" from a "Friend" so that you can besmirch a team with it and I poked fun at you.  But yes anytime I post something that I heard from a "friend" that is unrelated to their soccer so that I can take a shot at a team you can definitely bring this up.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 10:25 am

go99 wrote:AWWW don't be mad kix:(   You post something that you "heard" from a "Friend" so that you can besmirch a team with it and I poked fun at you.  But yes anytime I post something that I heard from a "friend" that is unrelated to their soccer so that I can take a shot at a team you can definitely bring this up.
Aww Moose, I'm not mad...the subject wasn't Dalglish as team...it was more centered around the parent and or the actions, coincidentally it was a Dalglish parent. As a team, Dalglish is one of the top teams I consider to keep up the excitement for the quest as 2nd best 04 team with your beloved RASE up top. So I praise them in high regards...seriously. but, I will poke at u the moment you slip up and let Po Boy lure you out of your element again...if he resurfaces.
Now that my friend, was a besmirch....whatever besmirch means...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/10/13, 10:32 am

you could have made that same post as "he said he witnessed a parent drag his daughter to the car by the arm"  There was no need to identify it as a Dalglish parent.  You really should reconsider your friendship with this Dalglish parent (sorry mis read that).  I hear they drag their kids to the car by the arm Shocked

Last edited by go99 on 08/10/13, 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : misread)
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by fhjmom 08/10/13, 10:47 am

RalphyBoy wrote:Unless you actually hear a parent scolding their kid and saying "you played horrible" or "you really stunk up the place" or something related to her play in soccer, don't assume a parents anger after a game is directly related to the game itself - sometimes kids at age 9/10 act like little heathens cause they "want" something after soccer and are willing to use the public venue as their stage to get what they want by embarrassing their parents in public.  And, the parent is forced to then act appropriately by removing said DD from the public area as not to create more of a stir or to fuel said rumors on boards such as this.
Just last weekend, my 6 YO played against a team in rec that was made mostly of the girls she plays with on an academy team. Her team got trounced, she was the only player that scored for her team. After the game she was acting bratty, being sullen, and generally pitching a fit. All the other parents (on both teams) thought she was upset about loosing.

Nope, little miss handed me her bag of Ritz crackers given as the after game snack and I asked if she wanted them opened. I thought she said yes and opened them; which was apparently the wrong move. She didn't want her crackers open and threw a hissy fit. We did have a few words and headed to the car quickly where we had a discussion about about her behavior being out of line.

Nothing to do with soccer, but almost every parent in the vicinity came to the same wrong conclusion.

fhjmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 10:49 am

go99 wrote:you could have made that same post as "he said he witnessed a parent drag his daughter to the car by the arm"  There was no need to identify it as a Dalglish parent.  You really should reconsider your friendship with this Dalglish parent (sorry mis read that).  I hear they drag their kids to the car by the arm Shocked
So wait, you're saying you are NOT supposed to drag your kid by the arm after a game? Shoot I'm doing all wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 10:57 am

go99 wrote:you could have made that same post as "he said he witnessed a parent drag his daughter to the car by the arm"  There was no need to identify it as a Dalglish parent.  You really should reconsider your friendship with this Dalglish parent (sorry mis read that).  I hear they drag their kids to the car by the arm Shocked
oh hell what would be the fun in that or accumulation of thread pages...thanks for your contribution and your morally correct correction...embrace the debate I didn't throw out any names or jersey number...nothing crucial everyone safe we're a community here at 04 girls soccer forum, like cheers, we are where everyone knows your name

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 11:04 am

Cleansheets wrote:
So wait, you're saying you are NOT supposed to drag your kid by the arm after a game? Shoot I'm doing all wrong!
Sheets, I saw you drag your daughter off the field by her cleats one time I thought you were just trying to take them off apparently not...perception, smdh, I tell ya...

Last edited by kixR4Adults2 on 08/10/13, 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 11:06 am

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
oh hell what would be the fun in that or accumulation of thread pages...thanks for your contribution and your morally correct correction...embrace the debate I didn't throw out any names or jersey number...nothing crucial everyone safe we're a community here at 04 girls soccer forum, like cheers, we are where everyone knows your name
So who's NORM!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 11:08 am

RalphyBoy wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
So who's NORM!?
I'm Cliff!! I called!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 11:10 am

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
RalphyBoy wrote:
kixR4Adults2 wrote:
So who's NORM!?
I'm Cliff!! I called!!
So when I need random useless facts I can just ping you? LOL... awesome...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/10/13, 11:12 am

kixR4Adults2 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
Sheets, I saw you drag your daughter off the field by her cleats one time I thought you were just trying to take them off apparently not
I'm glad Mrs. Cleansheets didn't see that or for that matter doesn't read this forum. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Bow-Chicka-Wow Wow 08/10/13, 12:30 pm

I have found dragging by the ear is quite effective. Jerseys are too expensive to stretch!!

Bow-Chicka-Wow Wow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next