North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03 TOP TEN THOUGHTS Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

03 TOP TEN THOUGHTS

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

03 TOP TEN THOUGHTS Empty 03 TOP TEN THOUGHTS

Post by Guest 10/11/13, 05:03 pm

TOP TEN THOUGHTS

SRSA- season ran like clockwork
FCD gold-strong season
Sting G-ranked 3 on a soft schedule, spring will be more challenging
DT South- shouldn't tie games to lesser teams
FCD Premier-solid play but not dominating
LP elite-erratic and lost a step
DT 03-overachieved and won games that needed to be won and tied games with top teams
Sting Hilton-edged out enough teams to crack top ten
LP Rush-poor start, came roaring back at end of the season
Cosmos-overachieved and put themselves in contention for d1

I think 11-18 have a tough road to climb to crack the top ten....

Last edited by silentparent on 10/11/13, 07:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

03 TOP TEN THOUGHTS Empty Re: 03 TOP TEN THOUGHTS

Post by Joe scafone 10/11/13, 05:42 pm

So I hear LH is going to allow the player pass rule to apply in Spring. What impact will this have in Spring? Will the smaller club teams like Cosmos get hurt by this rule? Will SRSA take advantage of this rule and bring their studs down to play? Will the other larger clubs use this to find their next superstar?

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 10/11/13, 05:53 pm

Players won't be playing on a lower division team; they will only be playing on higher division teams. (A player on a D1 team won't be allowed to play on a D2 team in the same club).

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Interpreter 10/11/13, 08:11 pm

Not sure what the benefit would be to Solar to bring the 2 Studs down. The team seems to be progressing just fine without them in the 03 division. They've scored 62 goals in 10 games, and that is very impressive. With those 2, they would have probably topped 100 goals for by now.

Would be interesting though to see if the other big clubs like FCD and Sting combine rosters for certain games if that is allowed. I am eagerly awaiting Spring season. I hate this season has ended but I'm sure I'll catch some good games at some of the tournaments.

Best of luck to all in the offseason.

Interpreter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 10/11/13, 09:47 pm

silentparent wrote:TOP TEN THOUGHTS

FCD gold-strong season
DT 03-overachieved and won games that needed to be won and tied games with top teams

Silent, I think your comments of "overachieved" are misplaced.  There is certainly a gap between #1 and #2, then #2 and #3, but #3 - #10 are all pretty evenly matched.  Just look at the head to head play between those teams.  No blowouts, just 1 goal margins and lots of draws.  There is only 1 (one, uno) game that wasn't a 1 goal margin or draw when #'s 3-10 played each other, and that was when Gutierrez throttled DT Dallas 5-0.

"DT South - shouldn't tie games to lesser teams"  perhaps DT South isn't the dominating force you think they are.  Again, I point to their scores when playing teams #3-#10.  They simply cannot open up a can of whoop burro on #3-#10 like SRSA or Predator can.  When it happens more than once, that's not "tying a lesser team," that's playing teams that are (believe it or not) at your level.

Overall, fairly accurate commentary, with the exception of your "achievement" comments - the scores/records simply don't reflect over achievements when the play is consistent.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/11/13, 10:02 pm

NoFanOfDrama wrote:

FCD gold-strong season

Silent, I think your comments of "overachieved" are misplaced.  There is certainly a gap between #1 and #2, then #2 and #3, but #3 - #10 are all pretty evenly matched.  Just look at the head to head play between those teams.  No blowouts, just 1 goal margins and lots of draws.  There is only 1 (one, uno) game that wasn't a 1 goal margin or draw when #'s 3-10 played each other, and that was when Gutierrez throttled DT Dallas 5-0.

"DT South - shouldn't tie games to lesser teams"  perhaps DT South isn't the dominating force you think they are.  Again, I point to their scores when playing teams #3-#10.  They simply cannot open up a can of whoop burro on #3-#10 like SRSA or Predator can.  When it happens more than once, that's not "tying a lesser team," that's playing teams that are (believe it or not) at your level.

Overall, fairly accurate commentary, with the exception of your "achievement" comments - the scores/records simply don't reflect over achievements when the play is consistent.
Considering where cosmos and dt were ranking going into classic, overachieved is certainly appropriate.....

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 10/11/13, 10:26 pm

silentparent wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:

FCD gold-strong season

Considering where cosmos and dt were ranking going into classic, overachieved is certainly appropriate.....
I just don't see how preseason rankings matter one bit given when teams #3-#10 played, the margin of victory was 1 goal or it was a draw. Clearly the rankings before the season started really didn't mean that much. But if you want to continue to reference BW Gophers chart from last year when clearly the play and results from play dictate otherwise, go ahead.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/13, 06:12 am

Your arguments are really odd. Soccer is a low scoring sport. Many many games are decided by 1 goal, but they are decided. Games are supposed to be competitive at this level, its not sdl. The ifs and buts you keep posting is frankly irrelevant, a win is a win by 1 goal or 5.....

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 11/11/13, 09:22 am

silentparent wrote:Your arguments are really odd. Soccer is a low scoring sport. Many many games are decided by 1 goal, but they are decided. Games are supposed to be competitive at this level, its not sdl. The ifs and buts you keep posting is frankly irrelevant, a win is a win by 1 goal or 5.....
You just summed up my point. The games are competitive, the teams are evenly matched, and there is little difference between the teams if the point differential consistently is one goal or it's a draw.

Aside from the top 2 teams, teams #3-#10 are a toss up any day of the week - which is only possible if the teams are evenly matched.

So your comments about who is overachieving, not dominating, or shouldn't be tying lesser teams are off the mark in an evenly matched group of teams.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 11/11/13, 09:31 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:
silentparent wrote:Your arguments are really odd. Soccer is a low scoring sport. Many many games are decided by 1 goal, but they are decided. Games are supposed to be competitive at this level, its not sdl. The ifs and buts you keep posting is frankly irrelevant, a win is a win by 1 goal or 5.....
You just summed up my point.  The games are competitive, the teams are evenly matched, and there is little difference between the teams if the point differential consistently is one goal or it's a draw.

Aside from the top 2 teams, teams #3-#10 are a toss up any day of the week - which is only possible if the teams are evenly matched.

So your comments about who is overachieving, not dominating, or shouldn't be tying lesser teams are off the mark in an evenly matched group of teams.

We get it.... Do not make any comments regarding the Cosmo's that could be taken any way other than, they are awesome and will have no issue making D1. They may even make a run at passing Solar and FCD Gold. Glad we have put that behind us.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 11/11/13, 09:36 am

jsullivan81 wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:
You just summed up my point.  The games are competitive, the teams are evenly matched, and there is little difference between the teams if the point differential consistently is one goal or it's a draw.

We get it.... Do not make any comments regarding the Cosmo's that could be taken any way other than, they are awesome and will have no issue making D1. They may even make a run at passing Solar and FCD Gold. Glad we have put that behind us.
Did I only address comments that Silent Parent made about the Cosmos?  I don't think so. There are many "top teams" that have taken a draw instead of a victory.  Take another read, and then look up the scores to see who might fall into the 1 goal margin of victory category.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/13, 09:41 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:

Lol, you are funny. Ever seen a score like 2-1? You could say close match only one goal difference BUT if you were at the game you might see 12 shots on goal 2 of which went in and  and three bounced off the post.and the other team kicked one shot that just happened to go in. Evenly matched? Hardly. The better team usually comes out on top in these "close" games. Lesser teams find comfort in "only" losing 2-1.

And btw there is nothing wrong with overachieving, shows a lot of heart...

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 11/11/13, 09:59 am

silentparent wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:

Lol, you are funny. Ever seen a score like 2-1? You could say close match only one goal difference BUT if you were at the game you might see 12 shots on goal 2 of which went in and  and three bounced off the post.and the other team kicked one shot that just happened to go in. Evenly matched? Hardly. The better team usually comes out on top in these "close" games. Lesser teams find comfort in "only" losing 2-1.
I don't think any of the top 10 '03 teams would find comfort in a draw or a 1 goal loss. Perhaps you just have lower expectations/standards in your house.

Your shots bouncing off the post theory would hold water if the scores actually backed you up. Again, there is only one time that teams in the evenly matched range (#3-#10) where there was a complete beat-down. That is when Gutierrez opened up a can against DT Dallas 5-0. That's it!

If the #3-#10 teams were not evenly matched there would be many more games where the scores were lopsided. All other games were decided by 1 goal or a draw when #3-#10 played each other. That makes the 5-0 beating an anomaly in this range, not what should be expected when #3 plays #7.

So get off your high horse and thinking there is some massive difference between these teams. Just relish the fact that your DD has the opportunity to play in a league where the top 10 teams can give her a challenge every week.

By the way, all this elitism you are spewing just wreaks of an overzealous parent who doesn't get that it's just a game.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/13, 10:08 am

FCD gold-strong season

Anyone want to run the numbers on strength of schedule for the fall?  How about remaining games?  Might give a better idea how tough a road it will be for 11-18 to crack the top 10.

Not it (finger already on my nose)!

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 11/11/13, 10:11 am

I think things have played out about how most would expect, there are a couple of teams that have pulled off some ties that were a bit unexpected (Andromeda, DT 03, and Cosmos come to mind) but other than that there really haven't been too many major upsets. I still think the Top 6 teams coming into qualifying are still the Top 6 teams. Now the order has changed around a bit but even that could change quite a bit after the Spring.

1. SRSA - If any of the top teams wanted to beat them they should have played them in the first couple 3 or 4 games as they were adjusting to playing without their top players. From the feedback I've heard over the past few weeks is that things have started to gel for the team and while not the same old SRSA, they are definitely still the top of the class for this age group. I do think FCD Gold might have a shot because of their ability to score.
2. FCD Gold - Nice 1-0 win of DTS, crowning jewel of their fall campaign. Second half will be much tougher as they face SRSA, LP Elite, Sting G, and FCD Premier. All those games will be close.
3. Sting G - The girls just find a way to win and they will need it in the spring as they have probably the toughest schedule with SRSA, FCD Gold, DTS, LP Elite, FCD Prem and Cosmos.
4. DTS - Couple of upset ties cost them in the standings but they are still one of the best (as proven by their tournament victory a couple of months ago. You know you are a good team when people get excited about earning a tie against you.
5. FCD Premier - Started strong and then things kind of were either hit or miss. Spring schedule will be tough with FCD Gold, Sting G, DTS, Lp Elite, LP Rush, and Cosmos. If they can maintain the 5th spot I will be very impressed. Talented enough to do so.
6. LP Elite - Same as DTS. Still in the running for second but they need to find a way to score more consistently, defensively they are solid though so that helps.  Second half schedule will be tough with FCD G, Sting G, FCD Prem, Sting Hilton, LP Rush, and Cosmos. They can easily win all those games or they could lose them all.
7. DT 03 - They beat the teams they are supposed to beat and then find a way to hang on against the better teams. Scrappy bunch who should be able to maintain their top 10 spot.
8. Sting Hilton - Solid first half, a won quite a few 1 goal games and will need the same type of luck in the second half but they have enough talent to do so.
9. LP Rush - After week 4 I think most folks had probably written them off after 3 duds and a poor tournament showing but they've fought back and have been in every game. Their second half should be about the same as their first half schedule so if they can continue their improvement of the winter they could have an outside shot at finishing in the Top 5.
10. Cosmos - Hard to get a good gauge on them but they've played one of the tougher schedules and also one of weakest. Toughest because they've taken their lumps against FCD G, SRSA, Sting G, and earned the tie against DTS and weakest because they've beaten the Warriors, FCD South, Fever, Andromeda, and tied Sting West all teams in the bottom 5. However like DT 03, they've beaten who they were supposed to beat so you tip your hat to them. The second half will be interesting because every game with the exception of a couple would probably be considered a toss-up. With the way they have performed in the first half I see no reason to think they won't be able to hold on to their spot in the Top 10.

Just looking at the standings, I'd think everyone with 21 points is in good position to maintain their top 10 status after the spring. I know the point break has traditionally been 24 or 25 points so basically with one win those team hit that 24 point mark and I think three of the four still have to play the Warriors, and then to get to 25 all it's going to take is a tie. I'd be shocked if any of the 4 teams tied at 21 points can't muster at least one win and a tie out of 9 games. Heck I'd be really shocked if there's much of a change outside of the Top 10 because unless one team gets hot and wins 5 or 6 games and a team ahead of them does nothing but draw and lose.

One last thing, hats off to the Warriors. From what I've been able to watch and from the feedback from the teams that have played them all they do is compete hard for 60 minutes. I think they know they are out matched in every game but most of the time I always hear that for 45 or 50 minutes it was a 1-0 or 0-0 game and then at the end the flood gates open. It can't be easy to get your kids up game after game for what they are facing but it seems like they do.

Last edited by GrandTXSoccer on 11/11/13, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 11/11/13, 10:11 am

SRSA - performed as expected, but don't seem as crisp as a team. I think if the current team played themselves a year ago, they would lose - with or without the two playing up.

FCD Gold - FCD will make a strong run at #1 in the next year. Especially with the club player pass rule, they could cannibalize their teams and surpass Solar affraid 

Sting G - The tequila jury is still out on this team, but I do see them becoming stronger with the CPP rule, I predict they will still be top 3-ish at the end of the Spring season.

DT South - Solid team. Will remain top 5. CPP rule will most likely hurt them as Texans and Texans South generally do not "share" well together and operate more as independent clubs - the Texans have no one else to pull from...

FCD Premier - Is it time for Premier to be Premier? If so, it is team combo time. And if it does happen, they will be a force to reckon with.

LP Elite - Solid team. Has had trouble getting the ball in the net. The shots are there, but not the points (except for yesterday Very Happy  ). They will be just fine and end up top 5 no problem.

DT 03 - Interesting team… It consists of a strong defensive unit and decent mid-field whose main objective is to deliver the ball to their "lone striker" - who is a finisher no doubt. If they can get her some help up top, watch out...

Sting Hilton - CPP may snipe some talent from them to solidify the Sting #1 team, which could be a blessing or a curse depending on who you talk to… Shocked 

LP Rush - Glad to see this team performing to expectations. One of the most well balanced teams out there. Will CPP play in to their finish to the season? LW may be looking to add a needed spark to Elite...

Cosmos - The defiant INDY!!! Had a rocky start with their roster, but TW has done his job and solidified this team. Be careful top 5, these girls have an x-factor.

I will go as far to say the top 8 are pretty much shoe-ins for D1. I think 7 pts. or better still has a shot at the remaining 2 spots - but do you really want to be in those spots? I think there are a few teams this season that wish they were playing D3 rather than getting smoked in D1.

IMO - any team (with their current roster) in the top 14 would do just fine in D1 next year.

I will have to commend most of the 03 parents on side line etiquette. There were a few annoyances, but for the most part a great example on how we should all get along. I am looking forward to spring!  

Be sure to think of me when doing that tequila shot at your Christmas party! H-Girl out...

Last edited by herradura on 11/11/13, 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 11/11/13, 10:17 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:I think things have played out about how most would expect, there are a couple of teams that have pulled off some ties that were a bit unexpected (Andromeda, DT 03, and Cosmos come to mind) but other than that there really haven't been too many major upsets. I still think the Top 6 teams coming into qualifying are still the Top 6 teams. Now the order has changed around a bit but even that could change quite a bit after the Spring.

1. SRSA - If any of the top teams wanted to beat them they should have played them in the first couple 3 or 4 games as they were adjusting to playing without their top players. From the feedback I've heard over the past few weeks is that things have started to gel for the team and while not the same old SRSA, they are definitely still the top of the class for this age group. I do think FCD Gold might have a shot because of their ability to score.
2. FCD Gold - Nice 1-0 win of DTS, crowning jewel of their fall campaign. Second half will be much tougher as they face SRSA, LP Elite, Sting G, and FCD Premier. All those games will be close.
3. Sting G - The girls just find a way to win and they will need it in the spring as they have probably the toughest schedule with SRSA, FCD Gold, DTS, LP Elite, FCD Prem and Cosmos.
4. DTS - Couple of upset ties cost them in the standings but they are still one of the best (as proven by their tournament victory a couple of months ago. You know you are a good team when people get excited about earning a tie against you.
5. FCD Premier - Started strong and then things kind of were either hit or miss. Spring schedule will be tough with FCD Gold, Sting G, DTS, Lp Elite, LP Rush, and Cosmos. If they can maintain the 5th spot I will be very impressed. Talented enough to do so.
6. LP Elite - Same as DTS. Still in the running for second but they need to find a way to score more consistently, defensively they are solid though so that helps.  Second half schedule will be tough with FCD G, Sting G, FCD Prem, Sting Hilton, LP Rush, and Cosmos. They can easily win all those games or they could lose them all.
7. DT 03 - They beat the teams they are supposed to beat and then find a way to hang on against the better teams. Scrappy bunch who should be able to maintain their top 10 spot.
8. Sting Hilton - Solid first half, a won quite a few 1 goal games and will need the same type of luck in the second half but they have enough talent to do so.
9. LP Rush - After week 4 I think most folks had probably written them off after 3 duds and a poor tournament showing but they've fought back and have been in every game. Their second half should be about the same as their first half schedule so if they can continue their improvement of the winter they could have an outside shot at finishing in the Top 5.
10. Cosmos - Hard to get a good gauge on them but they've played one of the tougher schedules and also one of weakest. Toughest because they've taken their lumps against FCD G, SRSA, Sting G, and earned the tie against DTS and weakest because they've beaten the Warriors, FCD South, Fever, Andromeda, and tied Sting West all teams in the bottom 5. However like DT 03, they've beaten who they were supposed to beat so you tip your hat to them. The second half will be interesting because every game with the exception of a couple would probably be considered a toss-up. With the way they have performed in the first half I see no reason to think they won't be able to hold on to their spot in the Top 10.

Just looking at the standings, I'd think everyone with 21 points is in good position to maintain their top 10 status after the spring. I know the point break has traditionally been 24 or 25 points so basically with one win those team hit that 24 point mark and I think three of the four still have to play the Warriors, and then to get to 25 all it's going to take is a tie. I'd be shocked if any of the 4 teams tied at 21 points can't muster at least one win and a tie out of 9 games. Heck I'd be really shocked if there's much of a change outside of the Top 10 because unless one team gets hot and wins 5 or 6 games and a team ahead of them does nothing but draw and lose.

One last thing, hats off to the Warriors. From what I've been able to watch and from the feedback from the teams that have played them all they do is compete hard for 60 minutes. I think they know they are out matched in every game but most of the time I always hear that for 45 or 50 minutes it was a 1-0 or 0-0 game and then at the end the flood gates open. It can't be easy to get your kids up game after game for what they are facing but it seems like they do.
GrandTx - perhaps give lessons to Silent Parent on how to do a "thoughts..."

Nicely put.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/13, 10:18 am

"By the way, all this elitism you are spewing just wreaks of an overzealous parent who doesn't get that it's just a game."

Lmao, no fan of drama? YOU are the proverbial drama king or queen...king 

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 11/11/13, 10:38 am

And you are hardly silent
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/13, 10:41 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:And you are hardly silent
funny, i was scrolling through the topic and didn't see your expert commentary on the top ten, team by team. guess all you have is snarky anklebiting....

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 11/11/13, 10:48 am

I try to steer clear of controversy. Wink
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/13, 10:51 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:I try to steer clear of controversy. Wink

now that was clever! well done

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 11/11/13, 02:04 pm

Joe scafone wrote:So I hear LH is going to allow the player pass rule to apply in Spring.  What impact will this have in Spring?    Will the smaller club teams like Cosmos get hurt by this rule?   Will SRSA take advantage of this rule and bring their studs down to play?  Will the other larger clubs use this to find their next superstar?  

Where can I find what LH has decided on this?
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 11/11/13, 02:30 pm

Did they ever actually rule on this? From what I had heard earlier in the year is that they were going to review it and decide what to do before the Spring season. Hadn't heard anything as of yet. Honestly besides SRSA possibly bringing their girls back down (don't need them) and possibly Cosmos asking their 03 that's playing up in the 02's to come down and help them keep their position in the Top 10 (not needed really because I think they will find a way to get 3 wins and a tie or two) I just don't see anyone really using this for the spring, however crazier things have happened.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 11/11/13, 03:01 pm

silentparent wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:I try to steer clear of controversy. Wink
now that was clever! well done
Thank you Silent.

But since you asked where my comments on the top 10 are, here is my take:

#1 SRSA - The legacy of Derick Misimo lives on.  For this team, Derick is certainly the better coach between him and Solca.  But even without the 2 prodigies and DM, the team still has enough talent and training to go undefeated through the end of this season.  They will finish #1.

#2 FCDG - A very well put together team with a strong midfield that feeds their forwards very well and prevents other teams from getting into the striking zone.  However, they did only play 3 top 10 teams in the first half of the season, so their games will certainly be more challenging in the Spring.  They will finish in the top 5.

#3 Sting G - With their star mid-fielder back and fully recovered, they will be ready for play against the top 8 in the Spring.  Their two tests against top 10 teams were a 1-0 win against a Cosmos team which was still settling, and the can they opened up against DT Dallas 5-0.  I see a lot of draws in their future which might have them fall a notch or two in the standings.  Player pass might come into play with Audrey lobbying management to shore up the weak areas.

#4 DTS - Strong roster and is well coached.  They play the ball back very well to open up space and have great ball handlers.  They have limited action against the top 10 with their results being two draws and a loss.  Their speedy defenders keep breakaways down to a minimum and they have tremendous speed/skill with their smaller forwards.  They shoot often, even if it's not the best angle, so you have to respect a group of girls that aren't afraid to pull the trigger quickly.  Definitely a top 5 team.

#5 FCDP - I, like many others, question FC Dallas' use of the term "premier" for any team they field.  Aside from that, they have a great coach who runs some of the best practices you could ever attend.  Premier simply does not have the depth of FCDG.  Their lack of scoring is going to be problematic when they face the rest of the top 10, which will happen 8 times in the Spring.  I suspect the player pass is going to shake things up and tip the scales in their favor since they have the ability to pull players from FCDRed (both teams train in Frisco).

#6 LP Elite - Lee & Keri have had quite a few years with this core group of girls.  They scored well against two lower teams, but play in the 11-18 range didn't produce tremendously lopsided victories, and play against top 10 teams resulted in 2 draws and a loss.  Lee is too good of a coach to not figure out how to get this team back into the top 5.

#7 DT Dallas - I admittedly don't know a lot about this team.  But based on record:  3 draws, 1 win, and 1 loss against the top 10 means they played the most balanced schedule of all the other top 10 teams.  1/2 of their games against the top 10, and half against 11-20.  They take care of business against the lower teams, so that means they should end the season with at least 35 points, making them an easy bet for D1 next year.

#8 Sting Hilton - If they aren't sniped to fill in gaps in another team, they might finish top 10.  Their performance against top 10 is a mixed bag...1 draw, 2 losses, 1 win.  They clearly beat the lower ranked teams with their one loss in the 11-20 range being to a feisty FCDRed.  I like their chances of staying top 10.

#9 LP Rush - In the past they have packed their penalty box once they have a lead to prevent opponent shots from inside the 18.  It worked back then, and I have seen very solid teams that try to play possession soccer get very frustrated by the sheer number of people who have collapsed into the lower 1/3rd.  However, I think Rush found out this year they can't do that effectively in LH.  They lost every game against top 11 teams, and barely beat some of the lower teams.  I think this team is on the D1 bubble - especially if a FCDRed starts to put it all together.

#10 Cosmos - Playing SRSA, FCDG, Sting G in the first 4 games is tough way for any team to start the season.  Sandwiched in there was a 1-0 loss against D'Feeters.  However, they have not lost since October started and they are starting to play top 10 soccer.  Unless player pass unfavorably creates super teams with the big clubs, this indy club should move up 2-4 spots from #10 in the Spring.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next