North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 TryoutsToday at 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGORToday at 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/GrapevineToday at 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLEToday at 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03 TOP TEN THOUGHTS - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

03 TOP TEN THOUGHTS

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

03 TOP TEN THOUGHTS - Page 2 Empty Re: 03 TOP TEN THOUGHTS

Post by NoFanOfDrama 11/11/13, 03:01 pm

silentparent wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:I try to steer clear of controversy. Wink
now that was clever! well done
Thank you Silent.

But since you asked where my comments on the top 10 are, here is my take:

#1 SRSA - The legacy of Derick Misimo lives on.  For this team, Derick is certainly the better coach between him and Solca.  But even without the 2 prodigies and DM, the team still has enough talent and training to go undefeated through the end of this season.  They will finish #1.

#2 FCDG - A very well put together team with a strong midfield that feeds their forwards very well and prevents other teams from getting into the striking zone.  However, they did only play 3 top 10 teams in the first half of the season, so their games will certainly be more challenging in the Spring.  They will finish in the top 5.

#3 Sting G - With their star mid-fielder back and fully recovered, they will be ready for play against the top 8 in the Spring.  Their two tests against top 10 teams were a 1-0 win against a Cosmos team which was still settling, and the can they opened up against DT Dallas 5-0.  I see a lot of draws in their future which might have them fall a notch or two in the standings.  Player pass might come into play with Audrey lobbying management to shore up the weak areas.

#4 DTS - Strong roster and is well coached.  They play the ball back very well to open up space and have great ball handlers.  They have limited action against the top 10 with their results being two draws and a loss.  Their speedy defenders keep breakaways down to a minimum and they have tremendous speed/skill with their smaller forwards.  They shoot often, even if it's not the best angle, so you have to respect a group of girls that aren't afraid to pull the trigger quickly.  Definitely a top 5 team.

#5 FCDP - I, like many others, question FC Dallas' use of the term "premier" for any team they field.  Aside from that, they have a great coach who runs some of the best practices you could ever attend.  Premier simply does not have the depth of FCDG.  Their lack of scoring is going to be problematic when they face the rest of the top 10, which will happen 8 times in the Spring.  I suspect the player pass is going to shake things up and tip the scales in their favor since they have the ability to pull players from FCDRed (both teams train in Frisco).

#6 LP Elite - Lee & Keri have had quite a few years with this core group of girls.  They scored well against two lower teams, but play in the 11-18 range didn't produce tremendously lopsided victories, and play against top 10 teams resulted in 2 draws and a loss.  Lee is too good of a coach to not figure out how to get this team back into the top 5.

#7 DT Dallas - I admittedly don't know a lot about this team.  But based on record:  3 draws, 1 win, and 1 loss against the top 10 means they played the most balanced schedule of all the other top 10 teams.  1/2 of their games against the top 10, and half against 11-20.  They take care of business against the lower teams, so that means they should end the season with at least 35 points, making them an easy bet for D1 next year.

#8 Sting Hilton - If they aren't sniped to fill in gaps in another team, they might finish top 10.  Their performance against top 10 is a mixed bag...1 draw, 2 losses, 1 win.  They clearly beat the lower ranked teams with their one loss in the 11-20 range being to a feisty FCDRed.  I like their chances of staying top 10.

#9 LP Rush - In the past they have packed their penalty box once they have a lead to prevent opponent shots from inside the 18.  It worked back then, and I have seen very solid teams that try to play possession soccer get very frustrated by the sheer number of people who have collapsed into the lower 1/3rd.  However, I think Rush found out this year they can't do that effectively in LH.  They lost every game against top 11 teams, and barely beat some of the lower teams.  I think this team is on the D1 bubble - especially if a FCDRed starts to put it all together.

#10 Cosmos - Playing SRSA, FCDG, Sting G in the first 4 games is tough way for any team to start the season.  Sandwiched in there was a 1-0 loss against D'Feeters.  However, they have not lost since October started and they are starting to play top 10 soccer.  Unless player pass unfavorably creates super teams with the big clubs, this indy club should move up 2-4 spots from #10 in the Spring.

NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 11/11/13, 03:15 pm

NFOD, Aside from the Cosmos propaganda,
Your report is fairly accurate
Nice job
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 11/11/13, 03:19 pm

For someone not in the peanut gallery last week.....you've jumped in with both feet very quickly NFOD. LOL!!!

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/13, 03:37 pm

NoFanOfDrama wrote:
silentparent wrote:
Thank you Silent.

#1 SRSA - The legacy of Derick Misimo lives on.  For this team, Derick is certainly the better coach between him and Solca.  But even without the 2 prodigies and DM, the team still has enough talent and training to go undefeated through the end of this season.  They will finish #1.

#2 FCDG - A very well put together team with a strong midfield that feeds their forwards very well and prevents other teams from getting into the striking zone.  However, they did only play 3 top 10 teams in the first half of the season, so their games will certainly be more challenging in the Spring.  They will finish in the top 5.

#3 Sting G - With their star mid-fielder back and fully recovered, they will be ready for play against the top 8 in the Spring.  Their two tests against top 10 teams were a 1-0 win against a Cosmos team which was still settling, and the can they opened up against DT Dallas 5-0.  I see a lot of draws in their future which might have them fall a notch or two in the standings.  Player pass might come into play with Audrey lobbying management to shore up the weak areas.

#4 DTS - Strong roster and is well coached.  They play the ball back very well to open up space and have great ball handlers.  They have limited action against the top 10 with their results being two draws and a loss.  Their speedy defenders keep breakaways down to a minimum and they have tremendous speed/skill with their smaller forwards.  They shoot often, even if it's not the best angle, so you have to respect a group of girls that aren't afraid to pull the trigger quickly.  Definitely a top 5 team.

#5 FCDP - I, like many others, question FC Dallas' use of the term "premier" for any team they field.  Aside from that, they have a great coach who runs some of the best practices you could ever attend.  Premier simply does not have the depth of FCDG.  Their lack of scoring is going to be problematic when they face the rest of the top 10, which will happen 8 times in the Spring.  I suspect the player pass is going to shake things up and tip the scales in their favor since they have the ability to pull players from FCDRed (both teams train in Frisco).

#6 LP Elite - Lee & Keri have had quite a few years with this core group of girls.  They scored well against two lower teams, but play in the 11-18 range didn't produce tremendously lopsided victories, and play against top 10 teams resulted in 2 draws and a loss.  Lee is too good of a coach to not figure out how to get this team back into the top 5.

#7 DT Dallas - I admittedly don't know a lot about this team.  But based on record:  3 draws, 1 win, and 1 loss against the top 10 means they played the most balanced schedule of all the other top 10 teams.  1/2 of their games against the top 10, and half against 11-20.  They take care of business against the lower teams, so that means they should end the season with at least 35 points, making them an easy bet for D1 next year.

#8 Sting Hilton - If they aren't sniped to fill in gaps in another team, they might finish top 10.  Their performance against top 10 is a mixed bag...1 draw, 2 losses, 1 win.  They clearly beat the lower ranked teams with their one loss in the 11-20 range being to a feisty FCDRed.  I like their chances of staying top 10.

#9 LP Rush - In the past they have packed their penalty box once they have a lead to prevent opponent shots from inside the 18.  It worked back then, and I have seen very solid teams that try to play possession soccer get very frustrated by the sheer number of people who have collapsed into the lower 1/3rd.  However, I think Rush found out this year they can't do that effectively in LH.  They lost every game against top 11 teams, and barely beat some of the lower teams.  I think this team is on the D1 bubble - especially if a FCDRed starts to put it all together.

#10 Cosmos - Playing SRSA, FCDG, Sting G in the first 4 games is tough way for any team to start the season.  Sandwiched in there was a 1-0 loss against D'Feeters.  However, they have not lost since October started and they are starting to play top 10 soccer.  Unless player pass unfavorably creates super teams with the big clubs, this indy club should move up 2-4 spots from #10 in the Spring.
You have taken a few liberties and some inaccuracies with regard to cosmos rush and DT. But I will elaborate later..

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 11/11/13, 03:43 pm

silentparent wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:
silentparent wrote:
Thank you Silent.

You have taken a few liberties and some inaccuracies with regard to cosmos rush and DT.  But I will elaborate later..
Why wait?
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 11/11/13, 03:49 pm

silentparent wrote:
NoFanOfDrama wrote:
silentparent wrote:
Thank you Silent.

You have taken a few liberties and some inaccuracies with regard to cosmos rush and DT.  But I will elaborate later..
Well, taking liberties is what this is all about, yes? cyclops
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/13, 05:13 pm

DT 03 is not going to get 35 points in any universe. They will most likely stay in d1 due to their superior season so far barring some catastrophic meltdown. I have seen several Rush games, i have seen them pack the box once and that was against sting g in a tournament. After their dismal start, they played Gold to the wall and were unlucky. They crushed fcd red, your pick to somehow leapfrog them even though they are 4 points behind at half season. They have the points, like dt and cosmos to stay in d1. The cosmos have been playing very well against lower ranked teams and  they have a ok  schedule ahead of them. they are on the bubble. ALL teams in the top ten have an enormous advantage over the next ten mathematically.

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 11/11/13, 05:55 pm

silentparent wrote:DT 03 is not going to get 35 points in any universe. They will most likely stay in d1 due to their superior season so far barring some catastrophic meltdown. I have seen several Rush games, i have seen them pack the box once and that was against sting g in a tournament. After their dismal start, they played Gold to the wall and were unlucky. They crushed fcd red, your pick to somehow leapfrog them even though they are 4 points behind at half season. They have the points, like dt and cosmos to stay in d1. The cosmos have been playing very well against lower ranked teams and  they have a ok  schedule ahead of them. they are on the bubble. ALL teams in the top ten have an enormous advantage over the next ten mathematically.
So you don't think DTDallas can put at least 4 wins and 2 ties together next year, given they have played half the top 10 teams already?

DTDallas remaining top 10's
SRSA, DTS, Cosmos, Sting Hilton

The Cosmos and Hilton games will be toss ups, and most likely end in a tie.

DTDallas remaining 11-20's
FCD Blue, Andromeda, LP Keegan, FWFC, FCD Red

One would hope they can get 4 wins out of this schedule.

That makes 35 points possible, but I see your point now that I write it all out.  I will revise my prediction down to 30, which like you said, keeps them in D1.

Rush vs. FCD Red
Rush has 5 tough games next Spring (SRSA, FCDP, DTS, Cosmos, LP Elite)
FCD played 8 of the top 10 teams already (ouch) and are sitting in 11th, only 4 points behind Rush.  They have 2 top 10's left to play (DT Dallas and Cosmos).

Based on schedule alone, FCDRed's destiny into D1 is in their hands, and I see Rush having to pay some dues that FCD Red already paid.  For this reason, I pick Rush as the bubble team, even though they are in 9th.

Last edited by NoFanOfDrama on 11/11/13, 06:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 11/11/13, 06:14 pm

silentparent wrote:DT 03 is not going to get 35 points in any universe.
Take THAT, DT 03! The gauntlet has been thrown! Shocked 

How doth thou respond?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 11/11/13, 06:42 pm

Ha!!!!! Time will tell how all of this will play out!
NFOD wait for it......wait for it.......!!!!!

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 12monkeys 11/11/13, 07:16 pm

TOP TEN THOUGHTS (drum roll please...)

10- Let's hope they get those fields over-seeded...and quickly!
9- mandatory meet the parents meetings for all the refs - maybe only charge them $10 Shocked 
8- with all the $...maybe they can hire some field marshalls
7- speaking of 'marshalling'...how in the hell are they going to monitor the CPP process?
6- Let's hope they get those fields over-seeded...and quickly!!
5- parking, parking, parking...(definitely improved!)
4- facilities for the lower set of fields would be nice Embarassed 
3- let Chin Chapel take it on the chin...no mas... Rolling Eyes 
2- over-sized complaint boxes at each set of fields...? Razz 
  ...And...the TOP THOUGHT...
1- Let's hope they get those fields over-seeded...and quickly!!!  cheers

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/11/13, 09:29 am

Coach&Ref wrote:
silentparent wrote:DT 03 is not going to get 35 points in any universe.
Take THAT, DT 03! The gauntlet has been thrown! Shocked 

How doth thou respond?
I reread this and think it came out wrong. I commend dt 03 on a great fall season i just dont think 35 points or more is realistic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/11/13, 09:51 am

12monkeys wrote:TOP TEN THOUGHTS (drum roll please...)

10- Let's hope they get those fields over-seeded...and quickly!
9- mandatory meet the parents meetings for all the refs - maybe only charge them $10 Shocked 
8- with all the $...maybe they can hire some field marshalls
7- speaking of 'marshalling'...how in the hell are they going to monitor the CPP process?
6- Let's hope they get those fields over-seeded...and quickly!!
5- parking, parking, parking...(definitely improved!)
4- facilities for the lower set of fields would be nice Embarassed 
3- let Chin Chapel take it on the chin...no mas... Rolling Eyes 
2- over-sized complaint boxes at each set of fields...? Razz 
  ...And...the TOP THOUGHT...
1- Let's hope they get those fields over-seeded...and quickly!!!  cheers
Love it! The fields are getting chewed up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Curious 12/11/13, 10:48 am

Over seeding the fields is not going to fix them

First they need to add fill dirt and make them level

I hate watching a game and a player makes a great pass and right before it gets to the player receiving the ball it jumps up 3 feet from a big dip in the field

and the uneven weeds are just as bad, over seeding may help that issue

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherbug 12/11/13, 11:00 am

I think overseeding has caused a lot of the problems on some of the UTD fields. The fields were not as bad as they are now until last spring. The rye grass last year didn't come in evenly rather it grew in those big clumps that are such a mess now.
weatherbug
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 13/11/13, 06:46 pm

How does a team allow more goals than they score and still make top ten?

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 13/11/13, 06:46 pm

I asked this in the other forum....but this one isn't 29 pages lol

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/11/13, 07:24 pm

BahamaMamma wrote:How does a team allow more goals than they score and still make top ten?
Not hard to figure out, get blown out by srsa...

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 13/11/13, 08:55 pm

BahamaMamma wrote:How does a team allow more goals than they score and still make top ten?
I'm going to break my no drama rule (hah) and respond to your question with the most succinct answer I can come up with...

"This qualifies as the single most stupid question of the year."  lol!
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 13/11/13, 09:13 pm

I don't think so...... You're sore because you've been passed by several teams....you made top ten be ause you have an amazing sweeper.. MJ! But reality.... It's easy..... Look at the roster and you will have the answer dip wad!!!!

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/11/13, 09:18 pm

BahamaMamma wrote:I don't think so...... You're sore because you've been passed by several teams....you made top ten because you have an amazing sweeper. But reality.... It's easy.....  Look at the roster and you will have the answer dip wad!!!!
No names please.

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 13/11/13, 09:19 pm

BahamaMamma wrote:I don't think so...... You're sore because you've been passed by several teams....you made top ten be ause you have an amazing sweeper.. MJ!  But reality.... It's easy.....  Look at the roster and you will have the answer dip wad!!!!
Not sore at all. I simply think you asked the bona fide, most stupid question ever.

And if you are naive enough to think that any one player makes/breaks the team, your stupidity knows no boundaries.

Lastly, I think you have it wrong...looking at the rankings every week, the Cosmos have been passing other teams to get to the top 10.

Drink some more and continue to post. This is fun. What a Face 
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 13/11/13, 10:34 pm

Lol.... Well. I don't drink.... But cosmos last several games were against the bottom three teams which allowed you the 9 points to get you in the top ten. Congratulations!!!!! I find it hilarious that you fell the need to gloat about it!!

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 13/11/13, 10:37 pm

I would be shocked if the Cosmo's finish in the top 13ish, much less the top 10. But, I have been wrong once.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/11/13, 07:15 am

NoFanOfDrama wrote:
BahamaMamma wrote:I don't think so...... You're sore because you've been passed by several teams....you made top ten be ause you have an amazing sweeper.. MJ!  But reality.... It's easy.....  Look at the roster and you will have the answer dip wad!!!!
Not sore at all.  I simply think you asked the bona fide, most stupid question ever.  

And if you are naive enough to think that any one player makes/breaks the team, your stupidity knows no boundaries.

Lastly, I think you have it wrong...looking at the rankings every week, the Cosmos have been passing other teams to get to the top 10.

Drink some more and continue to post.  This is fun. What a Face 
Lol you are a cosmos homer

Back to top Go down

Post by Interpreter 14/11/13, 07:48 am

jsullivan81 wrote:I would be shocked if the Cosmo's finish in the top 13ish, much less the top 10. But, I have been wrong once.
Just curious as to why you'd be so shocked. Shocked While Cosmos has given up slightly more goals than they have scored, look at every team outside the top ten.   So you are thinking one of them makes the top 10 over Cosmos who has already managed to break inside the top ten.   They've also already played Solar, Sting G, DTS and FCD G including themselves that's 5 of the top ten right there.  So their Spring schedule is a little less intense than the rest of the bunch.  I think they stay top 10. They gave DTS and Sting G a decent match so I think they can honestly hold their own against the rest of the top 10 and certainly those below.

Interpreter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next