North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Player pass.  Who wins? Who Loses? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Player pass. Who wins? Who Loses?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Player pass.  Who wins? Who Loses? Empty Player pass. Who wins? Who Loses?

Post by FastPitch 16/01/14, 08:31 pm

Will the Player Pass have any real effect? Who will be effected most? Who could be hurt? Would a club use this to get a team in a higher division? Or will it be no big deal?

So many questions and so few answers.

FastPitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Player pass.  Who wins? Who Loses? Empty Re: Player pass. Who wins? Who Loses?

Post by JewelsBMF 17/01/14, 08:00 am

YAAAWN.....
JewelsBMF
JewelsBMF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/01/14, 08:29 am

Who wins? Players. Also coaches/clubs with enough collaboration across teams to make it work.

Who loses? Helicopter parents, small independents and clubs with enough political baggage between teams to prevent them moving players as needed.

I think it's a great rule that allows coaches to run teams more in the spirit of real academies. Also glad to hear players can move up or down divisions.

Back to top Go down

Post by FastPitch 17/01/14, 07:37 pm

I thought June was to try out for teams not adjust as you go. Oops. I couldn't attract or develop a good team, let me borrow from big sister team to stay in D1 D2 or D3.

FastPitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 7's 17/01/14, 11:19 pm

FastPitch wrote:I thought June was to try out for teams not adjust as you go.  Oops.  I couldn't attract or develop a good team, let me borrow from big sister team to stay in D1 D2 or D3.  

My thoughts exactly. IMO the parents that are in favor of this rule are the parents that have a DD in the top two divisions. This rule is so anti 3rd division there are no words to describe it. There is no integrity in sports anymore.
Lucky 7's
Lucky 7's
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyElbows 28/01/14, 06:59 pm

For your reading pleasure (it's sub-section G.)...

"Club Player Pass"

Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FastPitch 28/01/14, 09:44 pm

If clubs abide by the "spirit of the rule" and, as in first bullet, and use the Pass for players to play UP then this is not a big deal. It teams take the top players and play them DOWN to help little sister win more games to get in a better division, then that breaks the spirit of the rule and the integrity of the standings.

FastPitch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 28/01/14, 10:05 pm

Why not just make that a rule. "Spirit of the game" seems awfully open to interpretation and bound to be abused.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyElbows 28/01/14, 10:46 pm

Reading the 'boys rules'...they address the playing UP Only piece very clearly: "Club Player Pass may only play in a higher division within their age group."

Back to top Go down

Post by easydoesit 02/02/14, 10:31 am

If a team/club is dependent on this rule and to borrow players in a temp basis to compete and and have selective success then as a parent I would seriously reconsider the team/coach my fighter is with. Also, I stand firm and in agreement with the majority on the fact that the team you go into the season wit is the team that see's things through as a team period. Anything else or help from other players is not the work of " The Team" that truly makes up the team. This rule is stupid and does no one any good and for sure voids all reputation and ability and success from the original rostered team.

easydoesit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 02/02/14, 10:36 am

The player pass rule, from my understanding only allows a player to play up within their division. If this is the case, why would you have a problem with rewarding a player for their hard work and development.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/02/14, 11:41 am

Zizou wrote:The player pass rule, from my understanding allows a player to play up within their division. If this is the case, why would you have a problem with rewarding a player for hard work and development.

Rule as currently written restricts a player from playing down a younger age group. Nothing in the rule indicates a short handed team cant club pass players from a higher division sister team with 48 hrs roster notice.

This makes sense to me. If my daughter was losing minutes because a lower division player is improving faster and player passed up, why wouldn't I want the coach to have an option to player pass her on a lower division team so she can get minutes. If the rule was only one way, the bottom of top team rosters will start getting the kind of reduced playing time we see in ECNL rosters...except it could start happening at u11 instead of u14.

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 03/02/14, 12:57 pm

4-3-3 wrote:
Zizou wrote:The player pass rule, from my understanding allows a player to play up within their division. If this is the case, why would you have a problem with rewarding a player for hard work and development.

Rule as currently written restricts a player from playing down a younger age group. Nothing in the rule indicates a short handed team cant club pass players from a higher division sister team with 48 hrs roster notice.

This makes sense to me. If my daughter was losing minutes because a lower division player is improving faster and player passed up, why wouldn't I want the coach to have an option to player pass her on a lower division team so she can get minutes. If the rule was only one way, the bottom of top team rosters will start getting the kind of reduced playing time we see in ECNL rosters...except it could start happening at u11 instead of u14.
I read this the same way.
Wouldn't this also work against the Indy's if you have a team like Sting Goodman who wants to move into DII next year and calls a couple of the stud players down to help out against Mutiny or Triumph so that they can secure the coveted 1st or 2nd place spot?
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 03/02/14, 01:03 pm

Wouldn't this also work against the Indy's if you have a team like Sting Goodman who wants to move into DII next year and calls a couple of the stud players down to help out against Mutiny or Triumph so that they can secure the coveted 1st or 2nd place spot?[/quote]

Nah, the clubs would never do that...it's all about development.  Rolling Eyes 

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 03/02/14, 01:04 pm

Lol!! And you know it will happen. Can't wait to hear the fireworks go off!!
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/14, 01:56 pm

I agree. True indies (i.e. one team only) don't get any benefit, and could be hurt by this rule.

But I think the potential negative impact is minimal.

1) Most LH games are played on the same days. The rule only allows a pass player to do 1 game per day.

Doubtful clubs will send studdettes down to lower divisions, only to win games, at the expense of their top division games.

More likely the players playing down are viewed as disposable to their higher division teams.

2) We put too much stock in the impact of one or two players. In most age groups there are a VERY FEW players so dominant as to completely alter game prospects just by their showing up. In my DD's age group, you don't need but a few fingers to count them. The game is by and large a team sport. While 2 or 3 guests can make a difference, chemistry, cohesion and quailty of the whole team matters more to the outcome than a few guest players. My .02 anyway....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/14, 02:29 pm

I think pass play only goes up not down . D2 can play on d1 but not vice versa, I could be wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by baseballdad 03/02/14, 02:36 pm

Perhaps this has already been covered and I missed it. With this player pass, can a player in the 03 division "move up" and play games with the 02's within the same club?

baseballdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 03/02/14, 02:38 pm

silentparent wrote:I think pass play only goes up not down . D2 can play on d1 but not vice versa, I could be wrong.

I believe Player Pass is only restricted in playing down an age group. I don't think there is any restriction on playing division.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyElbows 03/02/14, 02:56 pm

The ONLY* restriction is playing down in "true age".  A D1 player can play on a D3 team, vice versa, D1 to D1, etc... (*as far as "playing up, down, etc"...)

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 03/02/14, 05:11 pm

Q1. Can a D1 player play on another same age group D1 team in the same week if the games are on different days (e.g. mid-week & weekend, or Sat & Sunday)?

Q2. Same as above but different age group. (i.e '03 on Wednesday, '02 on Saturday)?

Q3. Is there a limit to the number of times a player can use in the player pass rule?
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Player pass.  Who wins? Who Loses? Empty LHGCL Club Player Pass Rules

Post by ballhead 03/02/14, 05:40 pm

Here is a link to the LHGCL rules as they were adopted by the league.  Section G starts at the bottom of page 1 and continues thru the middle of page 3.

http://girlsclassicleague.com/lhgclbylawsandrules/IVLHGCLPlayVer1203V13.pdf
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 03/02/14, 06:48 pm

What is the rationale for only allowing one pass player for the final three games of the season?

It couldn't be, "we don't want teams to use the pass players to influence the final standings and promotion/relegation", because every game counts equally in the standings, and the coaches (and parents and players) can easily figure out which early season games are going to have implications for the final standings.

So, there must be some other rationale. What is it?

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 03/02/14, 10:01 pm

intrinsic wrote:What is the rationale for only allowing one pass player for the final three games of the season?

It couldn't be, "we don't want teams to use the pass players to influence the final standings and promotion/relegation", because every game counts equally in the standings, and the coaches (and parents and players) can easily figure out which early season games are going to have implications for the final standings.

So, there must be some other rationale. What is it?

The last 3 games of the season were exactly what I had in mind with my questions. It looks like the league stepped in front of that bullet train.... Twisted Evil 
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostwhowalks 17/02/14, 02:30 pm

Wonder how they will handle rescheduled games... eg, Team A (D1) and Team B(D2), Team A plays Saturday and Team B plays Sunday. A Roster-ed girl can now play both games, Sat and Sunday. But if Saturday game has been rescheduled for next Sunday, when both Team A and B play, can she play both the games on the same day???

ghostwhowalks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum