North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Girls 5A HS Playoff Parity - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Girls 5A HS Playoff Parity

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Girls 5A HS Playoff Parity - Page 3 Empty Re: Girls 5A HS Playoff Parity

Post by socrocks 08/04/14, 10:14 am

Re: SL Carroll
I have no quibble with how good they are. My apprehension is their lack of intense competition over the season....especially the last few playoff games. This concern came to me from a Carroll parent. Some of the playoff teams have been engaged in a lot of "grinders" and have that mentality every game. Not sure Southlake's intensity is piqued yet. But again, this MAY actually serve them well. They should be well rested and have plenty left in the tank.

Re: Keller
No doubt a very good defensive team which gives them a chance in every game they play. Your input about the Flower Mound subbing is wildly inaccurate. FM was missing 3 starters and played a number of subs throughout the game...especially in the 2nd half. In fact, 2 FM goals came from a player who saw very few minutes thru the course of the season.

socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by okiedokie 08/04/14, 11:50 am

socrocks wrote:

Midlothian –   FM dominated game Friday

Can you back this up with some facts like "shots on goal".   Something besides the final score of Midlothian 1 - Flower Mound 0.  Seems like the only stat I remember them leading with was yellow cards.

okiedokie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lotuseater 08/04/14, 01:35 pm

socrocks wrote:Re: SL Carroll
I have no quibble with how good they are.  My apprehension is their lack of intense competition over the season....especially the last few playoff games. This concern came to me from a Carroll parent.  Some of the playoff teams have been engaged in a lot of "grinders" and have that mentality every game.  Not sure Southlake's intensity is piqued yet.  But again, this MAY actually serve them well.  They should be well rested and have plenty left in the tank.

No doubt a very good defensive team which gives them a chance in every game they play.  Your input about the Flower Mound subbing is wildly inaccurate. FM was missing 3 starters and played a number of subs throughout the game...especially in the 2nd half. In fact, 2 FM goals came from a player who saw very few minutes thru the course of the season.
Southlake may not have been in a lot of tough games this season, but the same thing was true of last years squad, and they wound up playing in the state championship game.

lotuseater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ninja1 08/04/14, 03:30 pm

I have no quibble with how good they are.  My apprehension is their lack of intense competition over the season....especially the last few playoff games. This concern came to me from a Carroll parent.  Some of the playoff teams have been engaged in a lot of "grinders" and have that mentality every game.  Not sure Southlake's intensity is piqued yet.  But again, this MAY actually serve them well.  They should be well rested and have plenty left in the tank.

No doubt a very good defensive team which gives them a chance in every game they play.  Your input about the Flower Mound subbing is wildly inaccurate. FM was missing 3 starters and played a number of subs throughout the game...especially in the 2nd half. In fact, 2 FM goals came from a player who saw very few minutes thru the course of the season.

Maybe they should have played against Midlothian! Razz

ninja1
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by John Galt 08/04/14, 03:36 pm

lotuseater wrote:

Southlake may not have been in a lot of tough games this season, but the same thing was true of last years squad, and they wound up playing in the state championship game.

Last year Carroll played 5 games vs teams that made the regional quarter finals (2, Keller and Sachse made the Regional Semi's) and won all 5 GF 10 GA 1, this year  3.. a win and a loss vs Keller and  a win vs RR Westwood GF 4 GA 2 So far the Win vs Westwood is SLC's only win vs a Top 5A team of more than 1 goal(they won by 2) Westwood finished 3rd in their district. SLC could be the Team that wins it all but there is just no evidence so far.
John Galt
John Galt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 08/04/14, 04:10 pm

ninja1 wrote:

Maybe they should have played against Midlothian! Razz

Good one! If only you knew....
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 08/04/14, 04:22 pm

okiedokie wrote:
socrocks wrote:

Midlothian –   FM dominated game Friday

Can you back this up with some facts like "shots on goal".   Something besides the final score of Midlothian 1 - Flower Mound 0.  Seems like the only stat I remember them leading with was yellow cards.

Nope, just my uneducated soccer perspective and biased viewpoint.

socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad24 08/04/14, 11:02 pm

SoccerDad24 wrote:

My "official" prediction is a State Final of Boyd over Hebron.

Well...I am "Officially" out of the prediction business.  Well done McKinney.

I suppose if I were to make a prediction...you might hear the term "three-peat" in there somewhere.
SoccerDad24
SoccerDad24
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatback4 09/04/14, 08:18 am

I predict a North Texas Team will Win Girls 5A.

Flatback4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ninja1 09/04/14, 10:57 am

Girls Regional Tournament moved to Northwest ISD Stadium. Times TBD

ninja1
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by txsweeper 10/04/14, 01:31 pm

Thank goodness. 40 minutes is much better than 5 + hours.
txsweeper
txsweeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spolar 14/04/14, 07:31 am

rockindaddy wrote:
SoccerDad24 wrote:
rockindaddy wrote:
SoccerDad24 wrote:
SoccerDad24 wrote:
soccersounder wrote:11 5-A has a team that go all the way as well

And that would set a few scoring records along the way!

Starting to feel good about this prediction
How about now ?

I feel good about it.  They were a legitimate team, with something like 6 of the area's top 25 scorers, or something ridiculous like that.  WAY too early for both those teams to have to play one another.

My "official" prediction is a State Final of Boyd over Hebron.
I have not seen Sachse play but have no doubt they are a good team. I just think the amount of goals they scored had alot to do with there opponents. Playing tough teams every week generally bodes well in the playoffs. That is why you see 5-5a and 10-5a and even 4-5a doing well. I have seen both Boyd and Hebron play and would favor Hebron if that where the matchup which I highly doubt it will be.

---------
State Semi-Finals
Hebron v Cinco Ranch
Plano West v Reagan

Good luck North Texas!
Spolar
Spolar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodyGotTime4Dat 14/04/14, 04:55 pm

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/04/uil-state-soccer-championships-to-be-broadcast-live-online-through-foxsportssouthwest-com.html/

The UIL State Soccer championships will be aired live online through foxsportssouthwest.com.

In addition to the webcasts, fans will also be able to follow along with live chats with SportsDayHS staff and experts during the championship matches.

From FOX Sports Southwest:

FOX Sports Southwest will webcast the UIL boys and girls soccer state championships this week from Birkelbach Field in Georgetown, Texas.

The live web streams will include all tournament semifinals on Thursday, April 17 and Friday, April 18, and championship matches on Saturday, April 19.

Viewers can watch the internet broadcasts on FoxSportsSouthwest.com by clicking on the UIL championship banner located on the home page.

Michael Silvers, Jeff Power and Roland Garanzuay will call the action.

UIL SOCCER STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS WEBCAST SCHEDULE

(All times listed are Central. Webcasts available on FoxSportsSouthwest.com)

Thursday, April 17 – Semifinals

11:00 a.m.   5A Girls: Lewisville Hebron vs. Katy Cinco Ranch

1:00 p.m.     5A Girls: San Antonio Reagan vs. Plano West

4:00 p.m.     5A Boys: Coppell vs. McKinney Boyd                                

6:00 p.m.     5A Boys: Brownsville Lopez vs. Fort Bend Clements

Friday, April 18 – Semifinals

11:00 a.m.   4A Girls: Wylie East vs. Friendswood                                  

1:00 p.m.     4A Girls: Austin Vandegrift vs. Northwest Nelson

4:00 p.m.     4A Boys: Northwest Nelson vs. Frisco Wakeland

6:00 p.m.     4A Boys: Pharr Valley View vs. Houston Lee

Saturday, April 19 – Finals

11:00 a.m.   5A Girls                                                                              

1:00 p.m.     5A Boys                                                                              

4:00 p.m.     4A Girls                                                                              

6:00 p.m.     4A Boys

FOX Sports Southwest also will televise a one-hour UIL CHAMPIONSHIP SPOTLIGHT highlight show recapping the tournament on Wednesday, May 7 at 5:00 p.m. CT.

Replays are scheduled on Thursday, May 8 at 11:00 p.m. CT; Saturday, May 10 at 11:00 a.m. CT; Tuesday, May 13 at 1:00 p.m. CT; Wednesday, May 14 at 5:00 p.m. CT; Friday, May 16 at 10:00 p.m. CT; Sunday, May 25 at 7:00 a.m. CT; Thursday, May 29 at 5:00 p.m. CT; and Saturday, May 31 at 9:00 p.m. CT.

nobodyGotTime4Dat
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Spolar 17/04/14, 12:05 pm

nobodyGotTime4Dat wrote:http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/04/uil-state-soccer-championships-to-be-broadcast-live-online-through-foxsportssouthwest-com.html/

The UIL State Soccer championships will be aired live online through foxsportssouthwest.com.

In addition to the webcasts, fans will also be able to follow along with live chats with SportsDayHS staff and experts during the championship matches.

From FOX Sports Southwest:

FOX Sports Southwest will webcast the UIL boys and girls soccer state championships this week from Birkelbach Field in Georgetown, Texas.

The live web streams will include all tournament semifinals on Thursday, April 17 and Friday, April 18, and championship matches on Saturday, April 19.

Viewers can watch the internet broadcasts on FoxSportsSouthwest.com by clicking on the UIL championship banner located on the home page.

Michael Silvers, Jeff Power and Roland Garanzuay will call the action.

UIL SOCCER STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS WEBCAST SCHEDULE

(All times listed are Central. Webcasts available on FoxSportsSouthwest.com)

Thursday, April 17 – Semifinals

11:00 a.m.   5A Girls: Lewisville Hebron vs. Katy Cinco Ranch

1:00 p.m.     5A Girls: San Antonio Reagan vs. Plano West

4:00 p.m.     5A Boys: Coppell vs. McKinney Boyd                                

6:00 p.m.     5A Boys: Brownsville Lopez vs. Fort Bend Clements

Friday, April 18 – Semifinals

1:00 p.m.     4A Girls: Austin Vandegrift vs. Northwest Nelson

4:00 p.m.     4A Boys: Northwest Nelson vs. Frisco Wakeland

6:00 p.m.     4A Boys: Pharr Valley View vs. Houston Lee

Saturday, April 19 – Finals

11:00 a.m.   5A Girls                                                                              

1:00 p.m.     5A Boys                                                                              

4:00 p.m.     4A Girls                                                                              

6:00 p.m.     4A Boys

FOX Sports Southwest also will televise a one-hour UIL CHAMPIONSHIP SPOTLIGHT highlight show recapping the tournament on Wednesday, May 7 at 5:00 p.m. CT.

Replays are scheduled on Thursday, May 8 at 11:00 p.m. CT; Saturday, May 10 at 11:00 a.m. CT; Tuesday, May 13 at 1:00 p.m. CT; Wednesday, May 14 at 5:00 p.m. CT; Friday, May 16 at 10:00 p.m. CT; Sunday, May 25 at 7:00 a.m. CT; Thursday, May 29 at 5:00 p.m. CT; and Saturday, May 31 at 9:00 p.m. CT.

-----
Cinco Ranch up 1-0 vs Hebron - starting 2nd half
Spolar
Spolar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodyGotTime4Dat 17/04/14, 12:50 pm

HEBRON 3-1 WIN!!! Go Hawks!!! Great coverage Fox.

nobodyGotTime4Dat
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepersKeeper 17/04/14, 02:37 pm

cheers 
nobodyGotTime4Dat wrote:HEBRON 3-1 WIN!!! Go Hawks!!! Great coverage Fox.
KeepersKeeper
KeepersKeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rockindaddy 17/04/14, 02:45 pm

5 5A representin'. Hopefully West wins for an all North Texas final.
rockindaddy
rockindaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spolar 17/04/14, 02:49 pm

rockindaddy wrote:5 5A representin'. Hopefully West wins for an all North Texas final.

West dominating 1-0 lead
Spolar
Spolar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepersKeeper 17/04/14, 03:13 pm

Spolar wrote:
rockindaddy wrote:5 5A representin'. Hopefully West wins for an all North Texas final.

West dominating 1-0 lead

2-0 now
KeepersKeeper
KeepersKeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepersKeeper 17/04/14, 03:16 pm

KeepersKeeper wrote:
Spolar wrote:

West dominating 1-0 lead

2-0 now

3-0 now
KeepersKeeper
KeepersKeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spolar 17/04/14, 03:18 pm

KeepersKeeper wrote:
KeepersKeeper wrote:
Spolar wrote:

West dominating 1-0 lead

2-0 now

3-0 now

Congrats to Plano West and Hebron! 2 North Texas schools 3.5 miles apart. And, will be the same district next year -WOW!
Spolar
Spolar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodyGotTime4Dat 18/04/14, 11:41 am

North Texas domination continuing, Wylie East already up 4-0 and it's not even halftime.

nobodyGotTime4Dat
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmon_Man 18/04/14, 12:17 pm

cheers 
Spolar wrote:
KeepersKeeper wrote:
KeepersKeeper wrote:
Spolar wrote:

West dominating 1-0 lead

2-0 now

3-0 now

Congrats to Plano West and Hebron! 2 North Texas schools 3.5 miles apart. And, will be the same district next year -WOW!

Hebron  cheers 
Cmon_Man
Cmon_Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmon_Man 18/04/14, 12:18 pm

cheers 
Spolar wrote:
KeepersKeeper wrote:
KeepersKeeper wrote:
Spolar wrote:

West dominating 1-0 lead

2-0 now

3-0 now

Hebron  cheers 
Cmon_Man
Cmon_Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 18/04/14, 02:11 pm

nobodyGotTime4Dat wrote:

Wylie East Wins 4-0 over Friendswood

[/quote]

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatback4 18/04/14, 02:33 pm

My prediction that a North Texas Team wins Girls 5A is correct.

Flatback4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next