North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Could it be True? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Could it be True?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Could it be True? - Page 3 Empty Re: Could it be True?

Post by Strgft12 06/07/14, 10:43 am

lovesoccer wrote:
At the end of the day I know where my dd stands against other GK in her LHGCL I don't need rankings or D1/D2 or D3 to tell me my dd's potential. She shows that at every game she plays.  

I heard that Jill Ellis is looking for a GK in D2. Your daughter is in perfect place.

Strgft12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 06/07/14, 03:13 pm

REFRAIN.....

I do everything through instinct, I play like a child ... I think about myself on a small field, or in the street, I see myself with the ball in the same way as I am now. I have not changed at all. You must remember soccer is a game to have fun and you play for that. I don't plan or anticipate my play." -Messi
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by h0b0MaMa 06/07/14, 04:50 pm

Some of the D1 keepers got their spot from being on the right team pre-select. By the right team I mean one that can score goals. Also, you put a D1 defense in front of that plano keeper there might not be much difference. Players at this point are still finding their personal ranking.

h0b0MaMa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Mom 06/07/14, 09:56 pm

Absolutely Hobomama!  No doubt D1 keeps are probably very good, they like other D1 players get great training, do additional training and play and train with exceptional teammates. However, there is no doubt in my mind that there are several keeps that are currently playing at a lower level that if they had the same exceptional defensive players in front of her and the same exceptional offense the games may turn out exactly the same as with the current D1 keeps. In my opinion, test a keepers skill by putting them with a team that has a bad defense and see if they can save the day, like many of the current keepers that play at lower levels do now.
02Mom
02Mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 06/07/14, 11:26 pm

Ppl keepers are also saving shots made my weaker ppl players. Best keepers are in D1 . Sorry truth hurts

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 07/07/14, 07:17 am

Keeper is the one position that you may see players moving from the lower leagues /divisions to starting positions on D1 (not so much ECNL) teams in the first 3-4 years. Also seems that half or so of the original D1 keepers have been supplanted by U14 or so.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 07/07/14, 09:02 am

yo#10 wrote:Ppl keepers are also saving shots made my weaker ppl players. Best keepers are in D1 . Sorry truth hurts

Yo, you sound fairly dumb on here... Almost so much that I think you may be doing this just to get a response... But just in case, let me point the focus at you:

You say that you take your DD to various practices, skills, and whatever almost everyday of the week?!? This ain't Build A Bear, this is being a parent... You say she trains with "THE BEST"? If you think "THE BEST" soccer coaches actually coach girls youth soccer in North Texas, I have some oil land here in Garland, I will give you for cheap...

soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/07/14, 09:45 am

soccersounder wrote:
yo#10 wrote:Ppl keepers are also saving shots made my weaker ppl players. Best keepers are in D1 . Sorry truth hurts

Yo, you sound fairly dumb on here... Almost so much that I think you may be doing this just to get a response... But just in case, let me point the focus at you:

You say that you take your DD to various practices, skills, and whatever almost everyday of the week?!? This ain't Build A Bear, this is being a parent... You say she trains with "THE BEST"? If you think "THE BEST" soccer coaches actually coach girls youth soccer in North Texas, I have some oil land here in Garland, I will give you for cheap...

Winning!!

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 07/07/14, 02:52 pm

Oh snap

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by momofthreeplayers 07/07/14, 03:08 pm

I've been reading all your comments and was very hesitant to say anything but what the heck! Just so you know I to had a dd on a LH D1 team and took her off the team because of issues with the coach (had nothing to do with playing time) She is now on a PPL team because there isnt much options in my area. I'm not going to do the drive just to have my dd on a LH team. (I have 2 other kids to think about) She is just as happy there as she was with her D1 team. I also have an older dd that has been playing for her team for many years & who is more then capable of playing on an ECNL team and has also had many request from coaches to move to their LH & ECNL team. I however will NOT make the drive just to have my dd play on an ECNL or LH team. Not to mention that her coach is the best I have seen yet!  Wink 

momofthreeplayers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad2002 08/07/14, 06:53 am

momofthreeplayers wrote:

I've been reading all your comments and was very hesitant to say anything but what the heck! Just so you know I to had a dd on a LH D1 team and took her off the team because of issues with the coach (had nothing to do with playing time) She is now on a PPL team because there isnt much options in my area. I'm not going to do the drive just to have my dd on a LH team. (I have 2 other kids to think about) She is just as happy there as she was with her D1 team. I also have an older dd that has been playing for her team for many years & who is more then capable of playing on an ECNL team and has also had many request from coaches to move to their LH & ECNL team. I however will NOT make the drive just to have my dd play on an ECNL or LH team.  Not to mention that her coach is the best I have seen yet!  Wink 

Good to hear! At the end of the day, they are still kids (young girls). They should play where they are happy. If they want more competition, than great! But to say they aren't as good as LH players is BS! I know of one girl that played PPL until the last 2-3 years of HS and played LH and she ended up starting and playing for Big 10 school.

No knock on the D1 parents and players that want to play there, because they want the best competition and believe their coach is the 'best', but don't knock PPL/Arlington players because you may or may not be living your dream through your players and/or hoping they won't get burnt out before 18 and can get a scholarship.

SoccerDad2002
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TripDDs 08/07/14, 08:04 am

TripDDs wrote:
momofthreeplayers wrote:

I've been reading all your comments and was very hesitant to say anything but what the heck! Just so you know I to had a dd on a LH D1 team and took her off the team because of issues with the coach (had nothing to do with playing time) She is now on a PPL team because there isnt much options in my area. I'm not going to do the drive just to have my dd on a LH team. (I have 2 other kids to think about) She is just as happy there as she was with her D1 team. I also have an older dd that has been playing for her team for many years & who is more then capable of playing on an ECNL team and has also had many request from coaches to move to their LH & ECNL team. I however will NOT make the drive just to have my dd play on an ECNL or LH team.  Not to mention that her coach is the best I have seen yet!  Wink 

What does where your dd plays have to do with the comment?  It is accurate, weaker players in PPL...weaker shots, weaker crosses, weaker set pieces.  It is not mean, unfair, or debatable. ..just how it is.  Im not saying there aren't good players across the board,  but overall they are concentrated up top and sprinkle down after that.  By this age, D1 keepers are facing shots stronger then most grown men can deliver.
TripDDs
TripDDs
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by momofthreeplayers 08/07/14, 09:59 am

TRIPPDD- I meant to requote "Yo#10" comment that the best players are on D1.

momofthreeplayers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by momofthreeplayers 08/07/14, 10:04 am

SoccerDad2002 wrote:
momofthreeplayers wrote:

Good to hear!  At the end of the day, they are still kids (young girls).  They should play where they are happy.  If they want more competition, than great!  But to say they aren't as good as LH players is BS!  I know of one girl that played PPL until the last 2-3 years of HS and played LH and she ended up starting and playing for Big 10 school.

No knock on the D1 parents and players that want to play there, because they want the best competition and believe their coach is the 'best', but don't knock PPL/Arlington players because you may or may not be living your dream through your players and/or hoping they won't get burnt out before 18 and can get a scholarship.

Very well said soccerdad2002

momofthreeplayers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 08/07/14, 10:06 am

momofthreeplayers wrote:
SoccerDad2002 wrote:
momofthreeplayers wrote:

Good to hear!  At the end of the day, they are still kids (young girls).  They should play where they are happy.  If they want more competition, than great!  But to say they aren't as good as LH players is BS!  I know of one girl that played PPL until the last 2-3 years of HS and played LH and she ended up starting and playing for Big 10 school.

Very well said soccerdad2002

So who is the girl and what Big 10 school did she play at?
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 08/07/14, 04:16 pm

Love it when people say I know of someone who knows of someone whose kid moved from ppl and was a star in D1 . Fact is all the parents who say your kids can hang- how do you know? When do you have time to sit and watch d1 games , practices , conditioning etc. and as we know EVERYONE over estimates their own kids- so unless your ppl kid is training and playing with D1 players day in and out - don't comment. Most D1 kids are better overall- end of story. Could done d1 kids play down - yes- could some d2kids play up - sure . But overall the way it is is the way it is. I also believe d1 parents are more " in the know" of what it takes to compete at that level. No all but most. It's part of the ride, you are around people with talented kids you hear and pick up on the best skills coaches the best conditioning coaches, where to play small sided games, get on the best 3vs3teams. All that - that's most all D1 parents are discussing. There. Is a reason these kids are D1 - despite athletism - the parents are as driven as the kids . They make it their business to find the best for their kids in area of training. that doesn't mean scouring the forum , and reading and making comments. Within the top group - their is a TOP TOP group as well. Complain if you will - it's the way it is.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 08/07/14, 05:00 pm

yo#10 wrote:Love it when people say I know of someone who knows of someone whose kid moved from ppl and was a star in D1 . Fact is all the parents who say your kids can hang- how do you know? When do you have time to sit and watch d1 games , practices , conditioning etc. and as we know EVERYONE over estimates their own kids- so unless your ppl kid is training and playing with D1 players day in and out - don't comment. Most D1 kids are better overall- end of story. Could done d1 kids play down - yes- could some d2kids play up - sure . But overall the way it is is the way it is. I also believe d1 parents are more " in the know" of what it takes to compete at that level. No all but most. It's part of the ride, you are around people with talented kids you hear and pick up on the best skills coaches the best conditioning coaches, where to play small sided games, get on the best 3vs3teams. All that - that's most all D1 parents are discussing. There. Is a reason these kids are D1 - despite athletism - the parents are as driven as the kids . They make it their business to find the best for their kids in area of training. that doesn't mean scouring the forum , and reading and making comments. Within the top group - their is a TOP TOP group as well.  Complain if you will - it's the way it is.

Yo, I could say my DD plays 99 ECNL and I know of 2 D2 and 1 D3 dds who made ECNL Rosters this year.. And that is just the kids I'm aware of, this year, right now.. I could say that and I would be right...

But what I really want to say is that I have been an over-involved soccer parent for 9 years now and I have been a Ref for 6 years now.... I see WAY more soccer than you do... I talk to WAY more coaches than you do.... I talk to WAY more parents than you do.... I hear about WAY more soccer related activities than you do..... I see ECNL level games all the time. I frequently Ref D1 to PPL.... And no matter what you say almost every PPL team (not to mention D3 & D2) have players who can play and play well in D1. Sorry to burst your bubble... And guess what... There is at least 1 kid in your DDs age group right now who plays in PPL and is better than your kid...... Complain if you will - it's the way it is
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 08/07/14, 05:02 pm

This has really been one of the better threads in a while...keep it coming.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by maxskillz 08/07/14, 05:12 pm

soccersounder wrote:
yo#10 wrote:Love it when people say I know of someone who knows of someone whose kid moved from ppl and was a star in D1 . Fact is all the parents who say your kids can hang- how do you know? When do you have time to sit and watch d1 games , practices , conditioning etc. and as we know EVERYONE over estimates their own kids- so unless your ppl kid is training and playing with D1 players day in and out - don't comment. Most D1 kids are better overall- end of story. Could done d1 kids play down - yes- could some d2kids play up - sure . But overall the way it is is the way it is. I also believe d1 parents are more " in the know" of what it takes to compete at that level. No all but most. It's part of the ride, you are around people with talented kids you hear and pick up on the best skills coaches the best conditioning coaches, where to play small sided games, get on the best 3vs3teams. All that - that's most all D1 parents are discussing. There. Is a reason these kids are D1 - despite athletism - the parents are as driven as the kids . They make it their business to find the best for their kids in area of training. that doesn't mean scouring the forum , and reading and making comments. Within the top group - their is a TOP TOP group as well.  Complain if you will - it's the way it is.

Yo, I could say my DD plays 99 ECNL and I know of 2 D2 and 1 D3 dds who made ECNL Rosters this year.. And that is just the kids I'm aware of, this year, right now.. I could say that and I would be right...

But what I really want to say is that I have been an over-involved soccer parent for 9 years now and I have been a Ref for 6 years now.... I see WAY more soccer than you do... I talk to WAY more coaches than you do.... I talk to WAY more parents than you do.... I hear about WAY more soccer related activities than you do..... I see ECNL level games all the time. I frequently Ref D1 to PPL.... And no matter what you say almost every PPL team (not to mention D3 & D2) have players who can play and play well in D1. Sorry to burst your bubble... And guess what... There is at least 1 kid in your DDs age group right now who plays in PPL and is better than your kid...... Complain if you will - it's the way it is

Love it Sounder!!!!!

maxskillz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 08/07/14, 08:50 pm

This being in the 02 threads I assume most here are comenting on 02 DDs. That being said, those girls are only 2 years into club soccer. Give it 2 more years and LHGCL will, look much different. Many of the D1 girls will be playing ECNL and many of the D1 girls will not be playing at all. Then again many in D1 right now will be down in D2 or lower and vice versa. What I am trying to say is water finds its own level and so do players. In the end your DD will end up where she belongs.  And yes no matter what league your kid plays in there are some girls playing in the leagues below her that are better than her and I am sure that there are girls on higher quality teams that your DD is better than. That's just how soccer go.
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by yo#10 08/07/14, 11:42 pm

@sounder . Without placing the ppl kid INTO the TOP d1 setting you cannot compare. Anyone above avg kid can stand out on ppl. GLAD YOU WATCH A LOT OF soccer that's great. I'd like to see the ppl kid better than mine. There is a very top group- you heard of girls in NATIONAL development program ? Or does your refusing n talking to coaches keep you too occupied to know this , if not look it up on us soccer! My kid was in that program and doubting any ppl players are.

yo#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Strgft12 09/07/14, 12:59 am

It's too early for parents are getting into soccer already. It must be the World Cup fever. Soccer is a team sport so it is really hard, if not impossible, to compare one or two players between teams, divisions and leagues. Team chemistry and scheme play a major part in making a player looks good or bad. A superstar typically needs other solid players around her to set her up to make the amazing plays happen. One can argue that a GK can keep her team from losing more than any other players on the field but she still need can't win a game by herself because a GK does not typically score. At this age and older, one great player does not win a game by herself. As the girls mature, the game of soccer become more team oriented which emphasizes schemes and tactics to take advantage of individual talents. In lower divisions such as PPL/Arlington, few players with skills and talent often have more of an impact in determining the outcome of games. However, those same players may be still good in D1 but they probably will not have the same success. That is a fact!

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by legitsoccermom 09/07/14, 02:18 am

Question

Last edited by legitsoccermom on 09/07/14, 04:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : late night at work..)
legitsoccermom
legitsoccermom
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by legitsoccermom 09/07/14, 02:20 am

Seven wrote:This being in the 02 threads I assume most here are comenting on 02 DDs. That being said, those girls are only 2 years into club soccer. Give it 2 more years and LHGCL will, look much different. Many of the D1 girls will be playing ECNL and many of the D1 girls will not be playing at all. Then again many in D1 right now will be down in D2 or lower and vice versa. What I am trying to say is water finds its own level and so do players. In the end your DD will end up where she belongs.  And yes no matter what league your kid plays in there are some girls playing in the leagues below her that are better than her and I am sure that there are girls on higher quality teams that your DD is better than. That's just how soccer go.

Very well said....
legitsoccermom
legitsoccermom
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 09/07/14, 06:00 am

yo#10 wrote:@sounder . Without placing the ppl kid INTO the TOP d1 setting you cannot compare. Anyone above avg kid can stand out on ppl. GLAD YOU WATCH A LOT OF soccer that's great. I'd like to see the ppl kid better than mine. There is a very top group- you heard of girls in NATIONAL development program ? Or does your refusing n talking to coaches keep you too occupied to know this , if not look it up on us soccer!  My kid was in that program and doubting any ppl players are.

Past tense as an 02?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 09/07/14, 09:10 am

yo#10 wrote:@sounder . Without placing the ppl kid INTO the TOP d1 setting you cannot compare. Anyone above avg kid can stand out on ppl. GLAD YOU WATCH A LOT OF soccer that's great. I'd like to see the ppl kid better than mine. There is a very top group- you heard of girls in NATIONAL development program ? Or does your refusing n talking to coaches keep you too occupied to know this , if not look it up on us soccer!  My kid was in that program and doubting any ppl players are.

Yo, you are funny...

-YOUR kid plays in such a high level league that there is not even a way to compare kids who play in different leagues (I suddenly feel like my kid is better, thanks! lol)

-If you want to see the PPL kids who can ball, go watch the games.

-I tried to Google National Development Program and it must so "select" that you can't even Google it.... I'm sure you mean't to say ODP... I got a C-Note right now that says your DDs ODP age group has some PPL players... Stop talking and put a C-Note on it...

-Don't know what the heck you meant when you said: "Or does your refusing n talking to coaches keep you too occupied to know this"...

-But you are starting to win me over. I'm starting to believe your DD is some type of new high level soccer genius that will take the game to a new level. Should we look for her at the Women's World Cup next year?? If not, you better think about adding some more skills sessions...

-And you keep challenging posters to name names of the "lower level players" who have done bigger things... Well why don't you go ahead and walk the walk!?! Go ahead and name your DD. We can follow along on her next level success. I'm sure she will fill up 3 pages on a Google Result... I'm waiting...

-And that gives me idea. For all the soccer parents out there that think their DD is the ish.... Go ahead and google her and note how many soccer specific hits she gets.. The winner will get free lunch on Yo#10

soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next