North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Could it be True? - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Could it be True?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Could it be True? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could it be True?

Post by soccersounder 09/07/14, 09:10 am

yo#10 wrote:@sounder . Without placing the ppl kid INTO the TOP d1 setting you cannot compare. Anyone above avg kid can stand out on ppl. GLAD YOU WATCH A LOT OF soccer that's great. I'd like to see the ppl kid better than mine. There is a very top group- you heard of girls in NATIONAL development program ? Or does your refusing n talking to coaches keep you too occupied to know this , if not look it up on us soccer!  My kid was in that program and doubting any ppl players are.

Yo, you are funny...

-YOUR kid plays in such a high level league that there is not even a way to compare kids who play in different leagues (I suddenly feel like my kid is better, thanks! lol)

-If you want to see the PPL kids who can ball, go watch the games.

-I tried to Google National Development Program and it must so "select" that you can't even Google it.... I'm sure you mean't to say ODP... I got a C-Note right now that says your DDs ODP age group has some PPL players... Stop talking and put a C-Note on it...

-Don't know what the heck you meant when you said: "Or does your refusing n talking to coaches keep you too occupied to know this"...

-But you are starting to win me over. I'm starting to believe your DD is some type of new high level soccer genius that will take the game to a new level. Should we look for her at the Women's World Cup next year?? If not, you better think about adding some more skills sessions...

-And you keep challenging posters to name names of the "lower level players" who have done bigger things... Well why don't you go ahead and walk the walk!?! Go ahead and name your DD. We can follow along on her next level success. I'm sure she will fill up 3 pages on a Google Result... I'm waiting...

-And that gives me idea. For all the soccer parents out there that think their DD is the ish.... Go ahead and google her and note how many soccer specific hits she gets.. The winner will get free lunch on Yo#10

soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 09/07/14, 09:21 am

Love it.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/07/14, 09:54 am

yo10 is probably talking about the US soccer training centers:

http://www.ussoccer.com/youth-national-team/training-centers

They are invite only and for a very few elite players. This is not ODP and makes ODP look like a joke. If your daughter is invited to these, she is the real deal.

No idea if there are any PPL players at these training camps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeko2 09/07/14, 10:34 am

Not sure if Yo is for real or just trying to rile up the masses, but this is one of the more entertaining threads I have read in a long time. Remember these girls are 12, who knows where or if most of them will play in 4 years. I would be interested to see where these girls are going into U16.

Zeko2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 09/07/14, 10:49 am

Unicorns wrote:yo10 is probably talking about the US soccer training centers:

They are invite only and for a very few elite players.  This is not ODP and makes ODP look like a joke.  If your daughter is invited to these, she is the real deal.  

It is all a matter of perspective Uni.. In SoCal for example, ODP takes president, so not a joke there at all. ODP has loss some luster with recent ECNL and ID2 changes here in NTX.. But I'm sure all the ODP families out there appreciate you letting them know it is a joke... But since National Team Camps just recently started looking at 02s, I doubt that is was yo#10 is talking about. Even if, yo mentioned their DD "was" out there... None the less, even an invitation/coaches recomendation is high compliment for that program. And that program has nothing to do with all the PPL, D3 & D2 players who can play well in D1...

Oh yea Uni, how many google hits did your DD get?
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/07/14, 11:02 am

[quote="soccersounder"][quote="Unicorns"]yo10 is probably talking about the US soccer training centers:

They are invite only and for a very few elite players.  This is not ODP and makes ODP look like a joke.  If your daughter is invited to these, she is the real deal.  

No idea if there are any PPL players at these training camps.[/quote]

It is all a matter of perspective Uni.. In SoCal for example, ODP takes president, so not a joke there at all. ODP has loss some luster with recent ECNL and ID2 changes here in NTX.. But I'm sure all the ODP families out there appreciate you letting them know it is a joke... But since National Team Camps just recently started looking at 02s, I doubt that is was yo#10 is talking about. Even if, yo mentioned their DD "was" out there... None the less, even an invitation/coaches recomendation is high compliment for that program. And that program has nothing to do with all the PPL, D3 & D2 players who can play well in D1...

Oh yea Uni, how many google hits did your DD get?[/quote]

Look ,ODP is what it is, a little extra training for another fee.

When US SOCCER, who picks the National Team roster, invites players to closed training session, that is more of a big deal. I have no idea if that is what yo10 is talking about, but just felt some people might not know about it.

Never said it had anything to do with LH, PPL etc. For all I know there are PPL girls picked for these US Soccer training centers.

No Google hits for my DD. The internet is for whackos....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/07/14, 11:07 am

Unicorns wrote:yo10 is probably talking about the US soccer training centers:

truly are//www.ussoccer.com/youth-national-team/training-centers

They are invite only and for a very few elite players. This is not ODP and makes ODP look like a joke. If your daughter is invited to these, she is the real deal.

Every single program claims their players are elite. Truth is there are some that truly are, and others who definitely aren't, in all of them. ID2 and market training are not exceptions to this truth.

I should be ashamed to admit it, but I read just about every major soccer forum in the country. The complaints of cronyism and club politics about ID2 selection around the country are the exact same as what's been said in the past about ODP.

When these girls start committing, then you will know who is who. If I were a D1 / ECNL / ID2 / ODP or Market training parent I'd try to keep a humble and thankful perspective and try not to fall prey to the idea your kid is a super star because of her selection to any of these "elite" groups.

Last edited by 4-3-3 on 10/07/14, 07:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 09/07/14, 11:08 am

Actually a good post Uni... I say its a good thing with the no Google hits for your DD... :-)
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 09/07/14, 11:11 am

Super post 4-3-3... Dead on right.... That is why I think yo#10 is just egging us on... A top level (top 4%) DDs family would never get on here and run their mouth about their kid..
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by momofthreeplayers 09/07/14, 11:25 am

Yo#10 is right on the fact that NDP is only a selected few. This year was the first year for them to scout U14 and they do scout at all ODP, ECNL, NPL or any "Elite" team. However, just because your child wasnt scouted this year doesnt meant your DD who can be a PPL player & still be in NPL OR ODP  cant get scouted just like any other kid on a LH team. If your child participates in any ODP NPL or ECNL, shes on the right track to get scouted for the US NPD.

momofthreeplayers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 09/07/14, 11:27 am

Slow down momof3... We dont even yet know for sure what yo was talking about
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by momofthreeplayers 09/07/14, 11:36 am

soccersounder wrote:Slow down momof3... We don't even yet know for sure what yo was talking about

Your right and Yo#10 is full of himself but I wanted to give other parents a little more info since Yo#10 is totally going about it the wrong way!

momofthreeplayers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 09/07/14, 11:36 am

Please don't get into the, "My daughter is better than your daughter debate."

There are so many factors that come into play when evaluating a player, especially at this age that makes it impossible to rate players. All players have strengths and weaknesses. Let's take some categories as examples, especially what I look for when evaluating players:

1. First touch
2. Dribbling
3. Passing (long and short)
4. Control in/out of the air
5. Heading
6. Vision (soccer I.Q.)
7. Movement (on/off) the ball
8. Athleticism (speed, strength, size, agility)
9. Aggression
10. Coachability
11. How quickly does a player adapt to new circumstances
12. How many positions can the player play

And most importantly, how does the player fulfill the need that I am currently looking for to complete my team. Is she the missing piece of the puzzle.

My daughter ranks very highly in a few of those categories, mediocre in some and abyssal in others.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by legitsoccermom 09/07/14, 03:11 pm

What Yo# is speaking of is not ODP, you can't pay to train ,it's by invite only. And unfortunately he is also correct no ppl players were in That pool of girls that I saw at SMU. Look I personally have a top level player but her team is D2. That is just how the cookie crumbles. It's ok and not the end of the world..hahaBut if talking about talent for talent, pound for pound, it's all about who wants it's more , trains harder and works hard plus sprinkle in good natural talent and those are the better players.
legitsoccermom
legitsoccermom
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 09/07/14, 03:27 pm

legitsoccermom wrote:What Yo# is speaking of is not ODP, you can't pay to train ,it's by invite only. And unfortunately he is also correct no ppl players were in That pool of girls that I saw at SMU. Look I personally have a top level player but her team is D2. That is just how the cookie crumbles. It's ok and not the end of the world..hahaBut if talking about talent for talent, pound for pound, it's all about who wants it's more , trains harder and works hard plus sprinkle in good natural talent and those are the better players.

You have to read the whole thread before you post LSM. We still don't know exactly what yo#10 is talking about.... But according to yo#10, there is no way your daughter is a top level player, because she plays in D2... Sorry
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by legitsoccermom 09/07/14, 03:50 pm

LoL that's the great thing about all this I don't need Yo or anyone else telling me what she is. She went to that training he is talking about and trained with what one would consider top 02 talent top team. But look im not trying to get into mine is better than yours..I was just speaking about that training and then top players can and do play elsewhere besides d1 for whatever reasons...
legitsoccermom
legitsoccermom
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Inn Keeper 09/07/14, 03:57 pm

I thought you could only access this forum and post was if your DD was better than everyone else's. I was lied to.
Inn Keeper
Inn Keeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 09/07/14, 04:12 pm

Inn Keeper wrote:I thought you could only access this forum and post was if your DD was better than everyone else's. I was lied to.

That, or you would be relegated to the "field maps. resources and good info" threads!

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BallControl_02 09/07/14, 04:29 pm

The "mine is better than yours" parents are the same ones who are banking on college scholarships at age 12. It's called a savings account. Once you open one up and start making regular deposits for your child's extended education, the pressure for your DD to perform on the field becomes less intense, and they actually begin to improve (because the pressure from the parent isn't as nuts). Sorry, but it's the truth.
BallControl_02
BallControl_02
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 09/07/14, 04:35 pm

BallControl_02 wrote:The "mine is better than yours" parents are the same ones who are banking on college scholarships at age 12. It's called a savings account. Once you open one up and start making regular deposits for your child's extended education, the pressure for your DD to perform on the field becomes less intense, and they actually begin to improve (because the pressure from the parent isn't as nuts). Sorry, but it's the truth.

Even a mattress is just as good!

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fatherofoneplayer 09/07/14, 04:40 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:
Inn Keeper wrote:I thought you could only access this forum and post was if your DD was better than everyone else's. I was lied to.

That, or you would be relegated to the "field maps. resources and good info" threads!

Alas, I am relegated in "High School Soccer" thread. I took my kid out to an ECNL practice today and received temporary clearance to post here. I guess tomorrow you will find me back in the high school area.
fatherofoneplayer
fatherofoneplayer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Could it be True? - Page 4 Empty Interesting

Post by mommabear1 09/07/14, 06:54 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:Please don't get into the, "My daughter is better than your daughter debate."

There are so many factors that come into play when evaluating a player, especially at this age that makes it impossible to rate players. All players have strengths and weaknesses. Let's take some categories as examples, especially what I look for when evaluating players:

1. First touch
2. Dribbling
3. Passing (long and short)
4. Control in/out of the air
5. Heading
6. Vision (soccer I.Q.)
7. Movement (on/off) the ball
8. Athleticism (speed, strength, size, agility)
9. Aggression
10. Coachability
11. How quickly does a player adapt to new circumstances
12. How many positions can the player play

And most importantly, how does the player fulfill the need that I am currently looking for to complete my team. Is she the missing piece of the puzzle.

My daughter ranks very highly in a few of those categories, mediocre in some and abyssal in others.

This is interesting and it explains a few things I don't understand about my daughter's "value" to her coach. She has been a keeper a long time and has just started playing field. I have to close my eyes half the time to watch... let's just say...I think she is MUCH stronger in goal. But as I look at this list...I see several things that her coach says he values in her...about 4 or 5 really strong...a few ok and the rest well...guess those are the things I focus on when she plays. affraid  She still has a lot of choices when it comes to teams due to her keeper experience...but funniest thing is, her current coach would rather have a weaker keeper than she in goal rather than lose her as his mid. So I guess like you said...it also depends on where she fits in the coach's plan and how he decides to use her assets in the overall team setup/strategy. To him...she is a valuable mid. I just wish I had his vision more...all I see are her mistakes I guess. But she is happy...and that is why I squint and keep my mouth shut. lol

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 09/07/14, 08:12 pm

http://www.ussoccer.com/youth-national-team/training-centers/faqs

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Inn Keeper 09/07/14, 10:28 pm

So if I read the FAQS (you know you have to visit the site, a top PPL coach can email the US Soccer personnel and recommend their top player. So I guess you don't have to be d1. You just need a coach with a smartphone or internet.
Inn Keeper
Inn Keeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/07/14, 10:28 pm

Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4