North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Parents and thier Sidelines - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Parents and thier Sidelines

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Parents and thier Sidelines - Page 3 Empty Re: Parents and thier Sidelines

Post by Skate for Eight 29/07/14, 03:44 pm

Had two games last weekend where the parents from the other team were hanging out all along the field. Stay on your team's side!

Skate for Eight
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatanka 30/07/14, 07:48 am

AKeepersMomma wrote:
dreadpirateroberts wrote:Never understood why so many keeperdads feel the need to micro-manage their daughters so much.  Stay on your side! I can't imagine it helps her with him looking over her shoulder like that.

Some Keeper Moms do it too. Here is why. The Coach has to watch all players. I have to watch 1 and I know that player well enough to know when she has her head up her butt and I will call her out for it.  The Coach will too but I take over when she is busy.  I think of it more as loudly encouraging reminders rather than "joysticking".  :-)  
Guilty.....my dd had to ask me to close my pie hole. I did and she has become a much happier and better player. I also do not go into soccer discussion on the way home either.
Tatanka
Tatanka
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/07/14, 07:51 am

runchuck wrote:
AKeepersMomma wrote:
dreadpirateroberts wrote:Never understood why so many keeperdads feel the need to micro-manage their daughters so much.  Stay on your side! I can't imagine it helps her with him looking over her shoulder like that.

Some Keeper Moms do it too. Here is why. The Coach has to watch all players. I have to watch 1 and I know that player well enough to know when she has her head up her butt and I will call her out for it.  The Coach will too but I take over when she is busy.  I think of it more as loudly encouraging reminders rather than "joysticking".  :-)  
Guilty.....my dd had to ask me to close my pie hole. I did and she has become a much happier and better player. I also do not go into soccer discussion on the way home either.

There's a glitch in the matrix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatanka 30/07/14, 07:59 am

Cobra_Kai wrote:
runchuck wrote:
AKeepersMomma wrote:

LOL
Tatanka
Tatanka
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 30/07/14, 08:41 am

Cobra_Kai wrote:
runchuck wrote:
AKeepersMomma wrote:

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up, please stand up.......a man cannot serve two sensei's/masters. Smile
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by locacabeza 01/08/14, 11:51 am

silentparent wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:
silentparent wrote:"Who cares where anyone sits? Seriously, if you keep yourself in check, then why does it matter? "

I care, dont be a d-bag, sit on your own side.....

Well, that is always an option.

Sit on your side and be a d-bag to your heart's content. Makes for a great game!

Good plan!

yep, stay on your side and be obnoxious, NOT ON OUR SIDE. I dont want to hear your comments next to me that we are dirty, that was a foul, you telling your girl to take our players out etc...

SilentParent ... this is for you ...
Parents and thier Sidelines - Page 3 5sGLDuX

locacabeza
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/08/14, 12:32 pm

locacabeza wrote:
silentparent wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:
silentparent wrote:"Who cares where anyone sits? Seriously, if you keep yourself in check, then why does it matter? "

I care, dont be a d-bag, sit on your own side.....

Well, that is always an option.

Sit on your side and be a d-bag to your heart's content. Makes for a great game!

Good plan!

yep, stay on your side and be obnoxious, NOT ON OUR SIDE. I dont want to hear your comments next to me that we are dirty, that was a foul, you telling your girl to take our players out etc...

SilentParent ... this is for you ...
Parents and thier Sidelines - Page 3 5sGLDuX

lmao, post your real name and try to pick a topic that doesnt involve me, dufus...

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 01/08/14, 12:35 pm

Sit on your own side if you cant keep your mouth shut. If you need to go to the other side to get a closer view. be nice.

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AKeepersMomma 01/08/14, 12:51 pm

runchuck wrote:
AKeepersMomma wrote:

OHHHH No soccer discussion on the way home!!! I might be able to shut it while she is on the field but I can make no promises for the car ride home. :-)

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxKpr 01/08/14, 01:04 pm

My DD plays Keeper for the most part. I tend follow her on each end. Ill normally give her advice from the sideline. When Ive been on the opposing side, I have had a few parents get close to me or give me the idea that they dont want me there.
For the most part, the opposing side dosent really care.

I did attend a game where a parent told another parent that didnt agree with the refs call wth was he doing on his side of the field? I thought that was sorta silly.
TxKpr
TxKpr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by backpost 01/08/14, 01:20 pm

BahamaMamma wrote:Sit on your own side if you cant keep your mouth shut.  If you need to go to the other side to get a closer view.  be nice.

true statement, but i have also noticed over the years that other parts of the country do not share the same point of view.  my girls have played from the east coast to the west coast, and it seems that most other parts of the country don't mind sitting right in the middle of our parents on "our side".  i've had some great conversations with the other teams' parents during the game.  don't know why that doesn't work around here.

and getting back to the ref conversation that was going on earlier on this thread:  why do most soccer refs have rabbit ears?  i was instructed during my ref class to just ignore the sidelines and concentrate on the game.  imho, things would be better if most refs (most, not all) would just call the game (as they see it) and quit trying to be a dictator.

backpost
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 01/08/14, 02:04 pm

runchuck wrote:
AKeepersMomma wrote:

there is a fine line parents. your "pie hole" has probably given good advice over the years. there are just some things adults understand more clearly than children. when you open your "pie hole" during math homework you are not necessarily changing the teachers strategies etc. lol

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by whaaaaat?? 04/08/14, 09:33 am

Heard that Fever parents had to be warned by the ref for taunting a FCD Black player during their game. Apparently that player was playing through tears because of the taunts. Complete lack of class on Fever's part.

whaaaaat??
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by CelticFC 04/08/14, 09:43 am

AKeepersMomma wrote:

============== 
I think I saw you or someone just like you do this exact same thing earlier this Spring. The keeper let one in and then got reamed out by the Mom, so loudly, it made me turn around for the other field. The keeper eventually started sobbing and continued to have a poor game. I could see if that girl never wanted to play again. What a horrible site. Wish I could have captured it on video. It would've gone viral and that Mom would have been vilified by soccer and non-soccer fans a like. Let the coaches coach. Be a freakin parent and support your player on the field. Talk to them later about any deficiencies and/or great plays.
CelticFC
CelticFC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/14, 10:04 am

whaaaaat?? wrote:Heard that Fever parents had to be warned by the ref for taunting a FCD Black player during their game.  Apparently that player was playing through tears because of the taunts.  Complete lack of class on Fever's part.

I'll ask around. I was not at Sat or Sun games. If that happened, that is unacceptable and will be addressed directly, in very clear language. Bet the house on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 04/08/14, 10:09 am

Hasn't there been a few posts about Fever parents and some questionable behavior? I suppose I could search, but I assume someone knows the answer. I could be mistaken. If so, I apologize.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/14, 10:20 am

whaaaaat?? wrote:Heard that Fever parents had to be warned by the ref for taunting a FCD Black player during their game.  Apparently that player was playing through tears because of the taunts.  Complete lack of class on Fever's part.

I'll ask around. I was not at Sat or Sun games. If that happened, that is unacceptable and will be addressed directly, in very clear language. Bet the house on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/14, 12:59 pm

I have your answer. Yes, the Ref instructed the AR to instruct the Fever parents on sportsmanship. There was an FCD BLACK player that was awarded a free kick in front of our parent group. As the player was about to take the free kick, a child that had guested with our team this summer, cleared her throat very loudly, apparently it was intended as a distraction. She is not a member of our team, she went back to her old team. Actually, she's a player we were hoping very much to sign, but it didn't happen, so be it. Yes, something did happen on our sideline, but it was not a Fever parent. Even so, we apologize.

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 04/08/14, 01:14 pm

Ouch. Hope that parent is a member of this board. If so, can someone help them up? They just got tossed under a bus.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/14, 01:17 pm

You mess up, you own it. You don't like it???? I don't care!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 04/08/14, 01:19 pm

No no... I agree. In hindsight, I should of said... Hopefully getting called out keeps this behavior off the sidelines. Kudo's to you.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 04/08/14, 04:12 pm

What I find fun, is to show up wearing university gear and a clipboard. You sorta mosey around the sidelines back and forth and act like you are taking notes. Stand back and watch for obnoxious parents. When you figure out who their daughters are, you sorta mosey up to that parent and wait for their daughter to get a touch on the ball. When they do, say, "ugh" under your breath and violently scratch off a line on the clipboard, then walk away. Repeat as necessary.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by s0cc3rdad 04/08/14, 04:15 pm

aTmAg wrote:What I find fun, is to show up wearing university gear and a clipboard.  You sorta mosey around the sidelines back and forth and act like you are taking notes.  Stand back and watch for obnoxious parents.  When you figure out who their daughters are, you sorta mosey up to that parent and wait for their daughter to get a touch on the ball.  When they do, say, "ugh" under your breath and violently scratch off a line on the clipboard, then walk away.  Repeat as necessary.

cheers 

twitter: @s0cc3rdad
s0cc3rdad
s0cc3rdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://sould-out.org

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 04/08/14, 04:27 pm

aTmAg wrote:What I find fun, is to show up wearing university gear and a clipboard.  You sorta mosey around the sidelines back and forth and act like you are taking notes.  Stand back and watch for obnoxious parents.  When you figure out who their daughters are, you sorta mosey up to that parent and wait for their daughter to get a touch on the ball.  When they do, say, "ugh" under your breath and violently scratch off a line on the clipboard, then walk away.  Repeat as necessary.
So my DD does still have a chance at UNC? I knew deep down inside that was a good ball, even though we lost possession. There's still hope.  Very Happy 
Had to be an aggie! Evil or Very Mad 
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer-Fan 04/08/14, 04:27 pm

Yesterday, we witnessed...at the U13 Fever v. FCD White game...a Liverpool team that was in contention, and needed a Fever win to qualify, decided to plant themselves behind the FCD White goal (the one they were defending) and proceed to obnoxiously cheer for Fever...to the point of distracting the goalie and the AR having to repeatedly tell players and parents to move away from the goal. I understand "rooting for a given result"...but this was not a positive representation of sportsmanship. Stay classy LP.
Soccer-Fan
Soccer-Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 04/08/14, 04:33 pm

futbollove wrote:
So my DD does still have a chance at UNC? I knew deep down inside that was a good ball, even though we lost possession. There's still hope.  Very Happy 
Had to be an aggie! Evil or Very Mad 
Nope. That was a bad ball. Your DD might be longhorn material. Sorry for the bad news.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next