North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Parents and thier Sidelines - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Parents and thier Sidelines

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Parents and thier Sidelines - Page 4 Empty Re: Parents and thier Sidelines

Post by aTmAg 04/08/14, 04:33 pm

futbollove wrote:
aTmAg wrote:What I find fun, is to show up wearing university gear and a clipboard.  You sorta mosey around the sidelines back and forth and act like you are taking notes.  Stand back and watch for obnoxious parents.  When you figure out who their daughters are, you sorta mosey up to that parent and wait for their daughter to get a touch on the ball.  When they do, say, "ugh" under your breath and violently scratch off a line on the clipboard, then walk away.  Repeat as necessary.
So my DD does still have a chance at UNC? I knew deep down inside that was a good ball, even though we lost possession. There's still hope.  Very Happy 
Had to be an aggie! Evil or Very Mad 
Nope. That was a bad ball. Your DD might be longhorn material. Sorry for the bad news.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 04/08/14, 04:36 pm

Soccer-Fan wrote:Yesterday, we witnessed...at the U13 Fever v. FCD White game...a Liverpool team that was in contention, and needed a Fever win to qualify, decided to plant themselves behind the FCD White goal (the one they were defending) and proceed to obnoxiously cheer for Fever...to the point of distracting the goalie and the AR having to repeatedly tell players and parents to move away from the goal.  I understand "rooting for a given result"...but this was not a positive representation of sportsmanship.  Stay classy LP.

There should NOT be anybody allowed to get near the goals. NO parent coaching and NO disruption of the game AT ALL. Immediate ejection for anybody near the goal. Period.

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 04/08/14, 04:56 pm

aTmAg wrote:
futbollove wrote:
aTmAg wrote:What I find fun, is to show up wearing university gear and a clipboard.  You sorta mosey around the sidelines back and forth and act like you are taking notes.  Stand back and watch for obnoxious parents.  When you figure out who their daughters are, you sorta mosey up to that parent and wait for their daughter to get a touch on the ball.  When they do, say, "ugh" under your breath and violently scratch off a line on the clipboard, then walk away.  Repeat as necessary.
So my DD does still have a chance at UNC? I knew deep down inside that was a good ball, even though we lost possession. There's still hope.  Very Happy 
Had to be an aggie! Evil or Very Mad 
Nope.  That was a bad ball.  Your DD might be longhorn material.  Sorry for the bad news.
Not all bad. At least she still has a chance at being a Longhorn. When an A&M scout shows up, then I know all of this would have been a waste of time.  I love you
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 04/08/14, 05:05 pm

That A&M scout will probably be looking at the girl beating the pants off of your dd. After the game, maybe your dd could get her autograph before she makes it big.

Very Happy

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 04/08/14, 05:20 pm

aTmAg wrote:That A&M scout will probably be looking at the girl beating the pants off of your dd.  After the game, maybe your dd could get her autograph before she makes it big.

Very Happy

lol! lol! 
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy4soccer 04/08/14, 09:10 pm

Soccer-Fan wrote:Yesterday, we witnessed...at the U13 Fever v. FCD White game...a Liverpool team that was in contention, and needed a Fever win to qualify, decided to plant themselves behind the FCD White goal (the one they were defending) and proceed to obnoxiously cheer for Fever...to the point of distracting the goalie and the AR having to repeatedly tell players and parents to move away from the goal.  I understand "rooting for a given result"...but this was not a positive representation of sportsmanship.  Stay classy LP.
As a Liverpool parent, I want to apologize, to FCD White, for our unsportsmanlike conduct in rooting for Fever.  LH had just made us go through a stressful PK situation to eliminate the potential for a three way tie.  I think we, as a team, were running high on adrenaline and emotions got the better of us on the sidelines.  That's still no excuse and we should have let cooler heads prevail.  We typically are a much calmer group of people.  We think you are a great team and enjoyed playing you this weekend.  I think every person on our team wishes you the best of luck in LH this season.  As for us, we will regroup, move on and figure out how to find the back of the net and capitalize better on our chances.  We have a great group and hopefully will not let one bad weekend define us.  Again, best of luck and sorry for the craziness.

Crazy4soccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCA02GDalglish 05/08/14, 08:32 am

Soccer-Fan I know that Crazy4Soccer already apologized for the obnoxiousness of some of our parents, however as the Manager, I want to take the blame for that behavior and apologize to you, all the FCD White girls, their family & friends and to your coach. Although Dalglish & FCD Black just got done with a very highly emotional game and PK's - there was no reason why we acted like this. I know that at one time they cheered for one of our old teammates when came onto the field for Fever, but we were already acting 'negative toward your team and obnoxious'.

I should have been the "Man" in 'Manager' and asked them to calm down, but was talking with friends that came to watch the Black/Dalglish game and enjoying your game - for that I apologize and will strive harder to ensure I ask our parents to try and put themselves in your shoes. I believe there would have been some unhappy players and parents on my team, if roles were reversed.

Although I was 'calm' at your game, the same cannot be said during our PK's. With some crazy PK's going in and out off the goal post, I got caught up in what was and was not a goal. As several have mentioned, its pretty much win at all costs and with the slight heat, I got caught up after a very tough and even 60 minutes of soccer between Black/Dalglish. I know my behavior wasn't that great, but presume Black parents weren't appreciative of my lack of good behavior either, as one of the parents called me a jerk under his breath as he walked by with his family and shook his head. So I apologize as well to those parents for my excitement and emotion getting the best of me during the PK's.

Good luck to all the teams that made it into LHGCL and will be playing either Plano or Arlington!

LFCA02GDalglish
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 05/08/14, 11:00 am

AKeepersMomma wrote:
runchuck wrote:
AKeepersMomma wrote:
dreadpirateroberts wrote:Never understood why so many keeperdads feel the need to micro-manage their daughters so much.  Stay on your side! I can't imagine it helps her with him looking over her shoulder like that.

Some Keeper Moms do it too. Here is why. The Coach has to watch all players. I have to watch 1 and I know that player well enough to know when she has her head up her butt and I will call her out for it.  The Coach will too but I take over when she is busy.  I think of it more as loudly encouraging reminders rather than "joysticking".  :-)  
Guilty.....my dd had to ask me to close my pie hole. I did and she has become a much happier and better player. I also do not go into soccer discussion on the way home either.

OHHHH No soccer discussion on the way home!!! I might be able to shut it while she is on the field but I can make no promises for the car ride home. :-)

GO!!! momma Smile

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 06/08/14, 01:20 am

So, no involvement in this, but I've got to say that I'd probably accept those apologies but I still wouldn't excuse any from the actions. I'd even be inclined to call them "empty" apologies and comment that it'd be better if the team (parents, coaches, players all) acted like human beings BEFORE making the decisions to follow the leader and show some respect in the first place. Then no apologies would be necessary on an anonymous message board. Sounds like a horrible group of people. It's still 10/11 year old soccer, even if it is life & death for you. Just my $.02.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 06/08/14, 07:23 am

twotone wrote:So, no involvement in this, but I've got to say that I'd probably accept those apologies but I still wouldn't excuse any from the actions. I'd even be inclined to call them "empty" apologies and comment that it'd be better if the team (parents, coaches, players all) acted like human beings BEFORE making the decisions to follow the leader and show some respect in the first place. Then no apologies would be necessary on an anonymous message board. Sounds like a horrible group of people. It's still 10/11 year old soccer, even if it is life & death for you. Just my $.02.

Wait is this U 10/11 or U13? Earlier the person said it was a u13 game. I sure hope that was wrong because only a horrible person would come on and blast an entire group of people that they have no knowledge of or the situation, and then be completely wrong.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad2002 06/08/14, 08:15 am

Fever, FCD White & LP Dalglish (in this case) are all U13 teams. Those clubs may have U11 with the same names, but all the commentary has been in the U13 bracket.

It was nice for the parent and Manager to apologize. Although I think one or both should have come on here and apologized before someone made a comment, in my opinion. Also, actions do speak louder than words, as twotone mentioned. I would accept the apologies but definitely would step back and see if this behavior continues on in league and tournament play --- that is when you would know if Manager and Parent truly were apologetic.

SoccerDad2002
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 06/08/14, 08:23 am

Apparently, the only form of apology accepted by some is for the offending parents to perform ritual suicide in the center circle and for their children to be offered up as slaves to the offended.

I wonder what these offended parents will do at older ages when other girls call their daughters something F-bomb related?  Perhaps their heads will explode?

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 06/08/14, 08:46 am

well I am sure the u11 LP teams are eagerly awaiting 2tones apology for calling them out and calling them a horrible group of parents. I mean sure he may say it was a mistake but thats all just BS. I mean what king of Ahole comes on and wrongfully name calls an entire group of people. If I were on that team I would accept his apology so that I could wipe my A$$ with it because it won't be sincere since he is OBVIOUSLY just a horrible horrible person
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 06/08/14, 08:54 am

Ummm I hate to be the one to break it too socdad, 2tone and others but I just checked and in fact the sun did not rise thru you bedroom window. Absolutely nobody cares if you accept or don't accept their apology. Nobody really cares what you think about their team or their group of parents. They gave an apology because thats what they wanted to do but don't think they give a S#!t about what you do with the apology.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad2002 06/08/14, 09:17 am

aTmAg wrote:Apparently, the only form of apology accepted by some is for the offending parents to perform ritual suicide in the center circle and for their children to be offered up as slaves to the offended.

I wonder what these offended parents will do at older ages when other girls call their daughters something F-bomb related?  Perhaps their heads will explode?

I agree! We have a friend who's on a 98 Girls team and last year when my DD was talking to her about some girl calling her teammate a "Jerk" and "Stupid" - she just smiled and laughed telling her, that when they get to be older, those names aren't used anymore and more 'adult' words are used on the pitch.

SoccerDad2002
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SocDad 06/08/14, 09:55 am

go99 wrote:Ummm I hate to be the one to break it too socdad, 2tone and others but I just checked and in fact the sun did not rise thru you bedroom window.  Absolutely nobody cares if you accept or don't accept their apology.  Nobody really cares what you think about their team or their group of parents.  They gave an apology because thats what they wanted to do but don't think they give a S#!t about what you do with the apology.

go99.....I think you have me confused with someone else....maybe with "soccerDad2002"?

I haven't posted on this thread since Wednesday of last week and haven't posted since then..........and long before the "sub-topic" of the apology/issue comments.

Also, I am not the type to badger, degrade or create ill will towards anyone....for that is not my nature.
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4