North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DA Academy for girls...game changer Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

DA Academy for girls...game changer

Go down

DA Academy for girls...game changer Empty DA Academy for girls...game changer

Post by Guest 03/02/15, 07:27 am

Now this would be interesting....

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/62492/women-aim-not-to-get-run-over.html

Back to top Go down

DA Academy for girls...game changer Empty Re: DA Academy for girls...game changer

Post by Zizou 03/02/15, 07:35 am

That's all great, but that will not solve the greater developement issues in youth women soccer players. These programs won't even put a dent nor would they influence the volume of women players in the us today. You are still only looking at the chosen few.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

DA Academy for girls...game changer Empty Re: DA Academy for girls...game changer

Post by Zizou 03/02/15, 07:38 am

The solution might be that these academies for women be region based and able to train and evaluate about 100 girls per region. 400 plus girls within the same system is far better than maybe 100

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/02/15, 09:43 am

Would love to see a girls DA. It makes no sense that US soccer has all the effort in boys with the DA when it's the girls who have a better shot a winning
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/15, 10:14 am

At least they are acknowledging something needs to be done. That's huge!

Residency? Hard to see it having much impact. Bradenton wasn't exactly a factory turning out world class players.

Girls DA? Now that has real promise, especially if they can align girls DA programs with MLS clubs AND address costs. Boys DA programs can get the axe, so it will be interesting to see how they'd manage quality in a girls DA.

Hate to continue beating the same drum, but I didn't see any mention concerning the costs of youth soccer at the top level in the u.s. If they don't address that, it's all for naught. We'll end up marginally better, but we're still just training the best of the upper middle class kids.

Soccer is not a sport for mostly wealthy players in any nation that has caught and/or passed the U.S.

If it ends up as more alphabet soup and soccer tourism for the well-heeled, don't count on being on par with the PSGs and Bayerns of the world for much longer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/15, 10:19 am

Correct me if I am wrong as my boy is still many many years away from DA age.. but most of the boys DA programs are free of cost. DA Academy being U15 and up.... I believe Andromedas pre and DA are free of cost... of course we can assume that the girls and the rest of the boys teams are covering the cost of these free academies... so what happens when you add a girls side to this...

the cost for the rest really goes up.. but i guess it doesnt really matter in NTX since everyone seems to just keep cutting checks... they will then be able to just pick those they really want, and free to boot.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/02/15, 10:20 am

Son is in the DA. And to be fair the DA itself is fairly low cost. There is no league fee for the club. However depending on the club what they charge you is a different story. Solar fee was more than CL. Andromeda is free in DA but not in CL. But you are correct cost needs to come down and yes boys programs can get the axe although I don't think enough do and not for the right reason.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/02/15, 10:23 am

Borussia wrote:Correct me if I am wrong as my boy is still many many years away from DA age.. but most of the boys DA programs are free of cost.  DA Academy being U15 and up....  I believe Andromedas pre and DA are free of cost... of course we can assume that the girls and the rest of the boys teams are covering the cost of these free academies... so what happens when you add a girls side to this...

the cost for the rest really goes up.. but i guess it doesnt really matter in NTX since everyone seems to just keep cutting checks... they will then be able to just pick those they really want, and free to boot.

DA is U13/14, U15/16. and U17/18 and the league itse;f is free however many of the clubs do charge. FCD and andro are free, texans and solar charge with solar being the most expensive. Also hear a rumor that DA will be dropping to U12 so if it does it would go to the girls toO I assume
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/15, 10:29 am

So DA dropping to U12...

US Soccer trying to implement mandatory small sided until U13

AND changing the age groupings from soccer year of Aug-July to Jan-Dec.

Looks to be an interesting time in US Youth Soccer.... stands to be a lot of money made either way by the clubs... haha

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 03/02/15, 10:55 am

Borussia wrote:So DA dropping to U12...

US Soccer trying to implement mandatory small sided until U13

AND changing the age groupings from soccer year of Aug-July to Jan-Dec.

Looks to be an interesting time in US Youth Soccer.... stands to be a lot of money made either way by the clubs... haha

Changing age groupings? That would blow up about every team in every age group wouldn't it? The chaos that would follow would be crazy!
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/15, 11:00 am

Yes it would but would then mirror what the rest of the world does and what US soccer does with their Youth National teams and ODP groupings.

Imagine all those stud august birthdays having to now vie against a January birthday... Heaven forbid. Haha

It happens every year already in ODP and I believe the DA Academies already.

Mine just so happen to be January and March babies... So I say bring it on! Haha

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/02/15, 11:04 am

I have heard of the changes rumor which I don't buy. They lack the power, reach, and will to pull it off. I think what you may be hearing is a mix of rumors. I think DA may drop to U11/12 and implement it's changes within it's own structure not outside of it. DA is already by birthyear they only have to bring in the new age group with the smaller sides. The rumored changes will have very little impact on the fast majority of teams
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/15, 11:08 am

I'm a glass half full kind of guy... I say shoot for the moon US Soccer.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/02/15, 11:14 am

so am I but I have already seen USSF bend to the will of parents and clubs. That kind of flexibility shows a lack of backbone
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/02/15, 11:45 am

No one has addresses where the money will come from. We know in NTX that the girls support the boys program's financially, but to pay for girls and boys DA, where the money going to come from?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/15, 11:58 am

Bigger checks from the non DA boys and girls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/15, 01:09 pm

Zizou wrote:No one has addresses where the money will come from. We know in NTX that the girls support the boys program's financially, but to pay for girls and boys DA, where the money going to come from?

That's why I was saying a girls DA should align with MLS clubs....hopefully then they'll have a structure whereby ussf could help subsidize the program. Maybe throw in usl pro and nwsl franchises. The money has to be there or else all these foreign clubs wouldn't be making plans to come here and tap into the american parent wallets.

If a girls DA wont be subsidized or aligned with pro organizations there is no reason for it to exist given ecnl is already here...I doubt us club soccer would lose a marketing contest with ussf.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/02/15, 01:24 pm

US Club would definitely lose. Just ask the Pre academy league that became the B squad of the DA once it swooped into texas. Or the joke that ODP has become.

Maybe some of the money can come from the profits of these Non profit clubs?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/02/15, 01:28 pm

I believe I made the same suggestion in a past post. Would you allign the DA with FCD?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/02/15, 01:30 pm

Better question , who would you allign the DA with?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 03/02/15, 01:50 pm

No you would not align the DA for girls with FCD. You find the clubs that have the plan, resources and willingness to commit to your plan of developing the womans game. I wouldn't even guarantee that FCD would be allowed in.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/15, 01:56 pm

go99 wrote:US Club would definitely lose.  Just ask the Pre academy league that became the B squad of the DA once it swooped into texas.  Or the joke that ODP has become.

Maybe some of the money can come from the profits of these Non profit clubs?

Us club on boys side is a mouse...on girls side they are the heavyweight. Regarding Odp losing strength...that's because of us club's strength with id2/pdp/ecnl beating out usys in markets where odp had allowed politics to take over...in areas like socal, odp is still very strong...ussf had nothing to do with that. Only way a girls DA could get off the ground is if they offer something better than what us club is already doing and convert the top few ecnl clubs, or they can out market them. The latter is not gonna happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/02/15, 01:57 pm

Sting?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/02/15, 02:05 pm

go99 wrote:No you would not align the DA for girls with FCD.  You find the clubs that have the plan, resources and willingness to commit to your plan of developing the womans game.  I wouldn't even guarantee that FCD would be allowed in.

IMO every mls franchise with a boys DA should have a girls DA. There should be no markets strong enough to support a MLS or NWSL franchise that don't have a DA. After those are slotted then you selectively look around at the quality remaining clubs and award enough to keep regional costs under control. 80+ teams is clearly too many....20 wouldn't be enough.

We need the best players and coaches to get in line under a much smaller # of big tents...and the better a player becomes the less they should pay...which is a 180 to what we have now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down