North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

World Cup Finals Prediction  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

World Cup Finals Prediction

Go down

World Cup Finals Prediction  Empty World Cup Finals Prediction

Post by Tiki-taka 02/07/15, 10:15 am

Hasn't been a lot of chatter on here about the World Cup, so I thought I would get a thread going and give us all a break from all the local signing madness. Let's discuss and throw out some interesting thoughts. Also, if you went to the games, would love to hear your description of the atmosphere and how your experience was.

Prediction on Final Score and who will score?
US 4 Japan 0
Goal scorers:
Morgan - 2
Wambach - 1
Johnston - 1

Will Sydney Leroux and Amy Rodriguez get time on the pitch? I think if the US jumps to a two goal lead quickly, I think Elliis may change her sub strategy to get players on the pitch as a farewell/send off, but extremely risky since it is a finals game.

Other discussion: England's own goal, wow! Hopefully Bassett will recover and move on and not let it define her. But, also a great opportunity to show our daughters that mistakes are made even on the largest stage of soccer.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

World Cup Finals Prediction  Empty Re: World Cup Finals Prediction

Post by SD69 02/07/15, 10:36 am

I think it will be 2-0 US, assuming they stick with what worked against Germany. If they go back to using the 4-4-2 I don't have much confidence they will win.
I'd like to see Leroux and/or Press get some action either as starter or sub. I think they are due a good game. Limit Morgans minutes. Have her come in as sub. Haven't been impressed with Holiday much. Maybe put O'hara in her place? Been impressed with her play. Keep back four the same.

Re: England, this is reason that we shouldn't encourage our dd's to be defenders. Forwards/midfielders can have a hundred bad touches during a game, and no one hardly seems to notice or care. Defender has a bad touch, and she has an own goal in the last seconds of the WC semis. (My dd is a defender BTW)
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/15, 10:47 am

If there is good reason that Leroux isn't playing, then I admit that I have much to learn about this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/15, 10:48 am

If Ellis sticks with the 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-3, or whatever you want to call it) with Wambach on the bench to start (and hopefully giving O'Hara another start over Heath), then I go 3-0 US with Lloyd, Morgan, and Wambach (who comes on as a sub and nets a late one on a header to get the storybook ending to her USWNT career) scoring.

If Ellis goes back to the 4-4-2 and starts Wambach, all bets are off. Abby totally deserves to get this World Cup championship for everything she has accomplished and has done for the Women's game and the USWNT, but, Pia was right when she said that Abby needs to be a "super sub" these days. When Abby is in there as a starter, the offense becomes completely one-dimensional and stagnant, kind of like watching the Knicks with Carmelo, or the Lakers with Kobe these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 02/07/15, 10:52 am

Except Carmelo and Kobe can still move. Very Happy
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 02/07/15, 11:05 am

The thing I'm enjoying is watching Julie Johnston show our daughters how important the defender position is.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 02/07/15, 11:08 am

Yep. Most consistent player of the USWNT WC. Also have enjoyed watching Klingenburg, especially these last couple of games. Not just great defending, but good attacking out of the back as well.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 02/07/15, 11:41 am

Tiki-taka wrote:Hasn't been a lot of chatter on here about the World Cup, so I thought I would get a thread going and give us all a break from all the local signing madness.  Let's discuss and throw out some interesting thoughts.  Also,  if you went to the games, would love to hear your description of the atmosphere and how your experience was.  

US 4 Japan 0
Goal scorers:
Morgan - 2
Wambach - 1
Johnston - 1

Will Sydney Leroux and Amy Rodriguez get time on the pitch?  I think if the US jumps to a two goal lead quickly, I think Elliis may change her sub strategy to get players on the pitch as a farewell/send off, but extremely risky since it is a finals game.

Other discussion:  England's own goal, wow!  Hopefully Bassett will recover and move on and not let it define her.   But, also a great opportunity to show our daughters that mistakes are made even on the largest stage of soccer.  

Have we watched the same game? Can't see a 4 nil US win. England at 42% possession. Had a PK that was awarded as a result of acting great sales job though. US has been playing better as of late. However, I have a bad feeling about this match not going in the US favour. Most technical team in the tourney verse a great defense. US has been extremely organized, but had some help (should have had a red card in their match against Germany) but you need some luck to win in this game and they are peaking at the right moment. Great questions is Will Syndey see more then 30 seconds of stall time. Looked good in her quality appearance. But Morgan has looked great so understand the selection. Benching of Wamback was brave but correct. She took it like a champion and she shows why she is first class. Looking for a great match. Still upset at the 5 minutes Canada pooped on themselves was looking for a Canada US final, with Canada coming out on top maybe 4 years from now.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 02/07/15, 11:43 am

bwgophers wrote:If Ellis sticks with the 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-3, or whatever you want to call it) with Wambach on the bench to start (and hopefully giving O'Hara another start over Heath), then I go 3-0 US with Lloyd, Morgan, and Wambach (who comes on as a sub and nets a late one on a header to get the storybook ending to her USWNT career) scoring.

If Ellis goes back to the 4-4-2 and starts Wambach, all bets are off.  Abby totally deserves to get this World Cup championship for everything she has accomplished and has done for the Women's game and the USWNT, but, Pia was right when she said that Abby needs to be a "super sub" these days. When Abby is in there as a starter, the offense becomes completely one-dimensional and stagnant, kind of like watching the Knicks with Carmelo, or the Lakers with Kobe these days.  

Dang I fully agree with you again gophers. Wambach makes much more of an impression coming off the bench. So coming off the bench isn't the end of the world. Dang that's impossible from what I have been told.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiki-taka 02/07/15, 12:05 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:
Tiki-taka wrote:Hasn't been a lot of chatter on here about the World Cup, so I thought I would get a thread going and give us all a break from all the local signing madness.  Let's discuss and throw out some interesting thoughts.  Also,  if you went to the games, would love to hear your description of the atmosphere and how your experience was.  

US 4 Japan 0
Goal scorers:
Morgan - 2
Wambach - 1
Johnston - 1

Will Sydney Leroux and Amy Rodriguez get time on the pitch?  I think if the US jumps to a two goal lead quickly, I think Elliis may change her sub strategy to get players on the pitch as a farewell/send off, but extremely risky since it is a finals game.

Other discussion:  England's own goal, wow!  Hopefully Bassett will recover and move on and not let it define her.   But, also a great opportunity to show our daughters that mistakes are made even on the largest stage of soccer.  

Have we watched the same game?  Can't see a 4 nil US win.  England at 42% possession.  Had a PK that was awarded as a result of acting great sales job though.  US has been playing better as of late.  However, I have a bad feeling about this match not going in the US favour.  Most technical team in the tourney verse a great defense.  US has been extremely organized, but had some help (should have had a red card in their match against Germany)  but you need some luck to win in this game and they are peaking at the right moment.  Great questions is Will Syndey see more then 30 seconds of stall time.  Looked good in her quality appearance.  But Morgan has looked great so understand the selection.  Benching of Wamback was brave but correct.  She took it like a champion and she shows why she is first class.  Looking for a great match.  Still upset at the 5 minutes Canada pooped on themselves was looking for a Canada US final, with Canada coming out on top maybe 4 years from now.  

Japan struggled with Australia. Their team is not where it has been quality wise. Definitely thought Canada out played England, but that may have been out of the desperation that they found themselves after two early goals.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by helvetii 02/07/15, 12:55 pm

Wambach sadly is no longer fast enough to play at this level. She is getting beaten to balls hit deep into the corner. I am surprised that Sidney is not playing more. She is a scorer. It would be interesting to see Sidney and Morgan Brian up front. Japan has over 7000 passes with an 86 percent accuracy rate. I can easily see 0-0 into the 70th minute.
helvetii
helvetii
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 02/07/15, 04:33 pm

Sho'nuff wrote:If there is good reason that Leroux isn't playing, then I admit that I have much to learn about this game.

I totally agree and especially when vs China we were missing two of our key players due to yellow card accumulation. That 1-0 score was way too close for comfort. Would have been way too close for comfort vs Germany if they'd converted their PK and we not been gifted one. Don't believe it would have been that stressful had she been in the game. She is relentless when she gets on the ball and puts a lot of pressure on the defense when in attack mode and would have created more scoring opportunities taking some of the pressure off.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 02/07/15, 05:01 pm

Leroux is the BFS type player who struggles against good back lines, which is all we're seeing in the late rounds. The team is relying less on dump and chase.

Abby playing too slowly for Jill's latest pressure tactics, and her complaints about the field turf surface were prophetic - turf is brutal on older bodies (me included) and by her admission she is hesitant to lay out for a ball.

Best performers on the team: Johnston, despite her bouncing ball misplay takedown, and Lloyd

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/15, 06:03 pm

upper95 wrote:Leroux is the BFS type player who struggles against good back lines, which is all we're seeing in the late rounds.  The team is relying less on dump and chase.

Abby playing too slowly for Jill's latest pressure tactics, and her complaints about the field turf surface were prophetic - turf is brutal on older bodies (me included) and by her admission she is hesitant to lay out for a ball.  

Best performers on the team: Johnston, despite her bouncing ball misplay takedown, and Lloyd

Agreee...except for me it's Johnston by a mile. Back line with brian at holding have been brilliant. Agree 100% with your take on Leroux. Abby cant pressure for 90 so she has to come on late, but she still holds it up better than anyone else we have. Her game hasnt been about pure speed for at least 10 years , and you don't need to be a speedster to be a back to goal ctr fwd. She doesn't look any slower than Sinclair, those old legs just tire out quicker than her heyday.

This japan team is nowhere near the quality of 2011. They do look much better in the air than years past, so Abby ball may not be as effective. Long as Jill doesn't overthink it, we should nick them in a low scoring final...u.s. 1-0. Keep brian running the 6 and we'll be fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down