North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Water breaks  - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Water breaks

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Water breaks  - Page 2 Empty Re: Water breaks

Post by happyfeet 05/08/15, 05:32 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:I love the strategy and we have 7-8 subs this weekend.  And if were up going into the second water break at the 30 minute mark.  Can we request the ref just call the game at 30.  Instead of drinking water for 5 minutes?

Must be why they call you Marvelous, now that thinking.

happyfeet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 05/08/15, 06:20 pm

I assume you have seen how our team has given up last minute goals so maybe just maybe. Well it's out to the heat for me. Where did I put that Gallon of water.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 05/08/15, 10:27 pm

Love the whining from the parents that probably sitting in their cars with the AC on full blast while the 10 year olds are out there wondering WTF they're doing playing soccer in 104 degree temps.

It must be real easy to complain about that water break while sitting in your comfy bag chair with your leg draped over the arm and a Route 44 ice cold slushie right there to cool you off under that huge shade tent.

Pardon the sarcasm, but I kinda wish you all could remember the ones that are doing the running and sweating out there. I'm for real. It only takes one kid to fall over and pass out for these water breaks (2 mins;5 mins; however many of them) to show their worth. God forbid one of them be hospitalized or die. Every parent would want that 5 minutes back 100%.

But back to the whining and bitching please. Don't let my reality check interrupt this gripe session. I know you play thousands of dollars for this.

PS. to the coach that would rather their kids stand in the hot sun and exert more energy during the time that the KIDS are supposed to be cooling themselves down and lowering their heart rates, I hope you think twice about your coaching techniques. Especially since your opponents are taking the time to cool off and get that extra bit of energy edge on your players while your are getting it drained from them continuously cuz you left them out in the heat. Good job coach!!! You'd think all the joystick coaches at U11 would love the opportunity to "coach" for a full minutes right in the middle of the half....

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasMessi 06/08/15, 07:13 am

2Toni - your post is way off.

We all are for safety.

Teams warm up and practice for about 30 min prior to game start without a water break.

The majority posts here says get it done on 1-2 minutes.

After just 15 min of play, a 5 minute break is too long, especially since followed by just 10 min of play.
DallasMessi
DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 06/08/15, 07:18 am

[quote="twotone"]Love the whining from the parents that probably sitting in their cars with the AC on full blast while the 10 year olds are out there wondering WTF they're doing playing soccer in 104 degree temps.

It must be real easy to complain about that water break while sitting in your comfy bag chair with your leg draped over the arm and a Route 44 ice cold slushie right there to cool you off under that huge shade tent.

Way off, but so descriptive.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 06/08/15, 07:33 am

Probably not relevant to this discussion, but I've never heard a player on any of my kids teams complain about a water break in any circumstance.

Be it U7 or U18, from Academy thru ECNL, winning by 1 or losing by 1.

Some have said they didn't need it, but none complained about getting it.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 06/08/15, 08:15 am

allhatnocattle wrote:
twotone wrote:Love the whining from the parents that probably sitting in their cars with the AC on full blast while the 10 year olds are out there wondering WTF they're doing playing soccer in 104 degree temps.

cheers
This has to be the dumbest post ever...complaining about kids getting a water break in this heat?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 06/08/15, 08:22 am

Haven't seen anyone complaining about water breaks. The only complaint would be water break length. There's a tournament this coming weekend where there will be two water breaks per half. If the TD mandates 2-3 minutes per water break, great. If the breaks are 5 minutes, that's too much.

One thing not discussed is the coaches' use of smart substitution patterns to offset the heat. With an 18-girl roster size, the heat effect can be reduced if he/she makes smart use of the roster.

Then again, it's a moot point if one's roster size is 13.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/08/15, 08:29 am

soccerjack wrote:
allhatnocattle wrote:
twotone wrote:Love the whining from the parents that probably sitting in their cars with the AC on full blast while the 10 year olds are out there wondering WTF they're doing playing soccer in 104 degree temps.

cheers  
This has to be the dumbest post ever...complaining about kids getting a water break in this heat?  

Agreed! This has to be some sort of parody. GTFOH with this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 06/08/15, 10:00 am

allhatnocattle wrote:Haven't seen anyone complaining about water breaks.  The only complaint would be water break length.  There's a tournament this coming weekend where there will be two water breaks per half.  If the TD mandates 2-3 minutes per water break, great.  If the breaks are 5 minutes, that's too much.

One thing not discussed is the coaches' use of smart substitution patterns to offset the heat.  With an 18-girl roster size, the heat effect can be reduced if he/she makes smart use of the roster.

Ok, wait.... One 5-minute water break per half is too much? Ok, ummm, I see.

BUT

Two 3-minute water breaks per half to great!?!?!? yea, ok. I get it. Someone help me out with some complicated math right here please.
5 minutes * 1 = 5 minutes total.
3 minutes * 2 = 6 minutes total.
I think that's how I learned multiplication. So now you're ok with taking 6 minutes from the game but taking 5 minutes is too much. Not to mention breaking up the game into 6 periods rather than 4 quarters. I got it. there's logic in that.

Geez Question

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 06/08/15, 10:07 am

Good gravy, people. I feel like I'm being waterboarded.

At no point, have I opined against water breaks. Just saying there's a good way to conduct them. I'm not even against 2 per half. A combination of water breaks and prudent substitution can make for the girls enjoying a safe game experience.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsMeAgain 06/08/15, 10:14 am

twotone wrote:
allhatnocattle wrote:Haven't seen anyone complaining about water breaks.  The only complaint would be water break length.  There's a tournament this coming weekend where there will be two water breaks per half.  If the TD mandates 2-3 minutes per water break, great.  If the breaks are 5 minutes, that's too much.

One thing not discussed is the coaches' use of smart substitution patterns to offset the heat.  With an 18-girl roster size, the heat effect can be reduced if he/she makes smart use of the roster.

Ok, wait.... One 5-minute water break per half is too much? Ok, ummm, I see.

BUT

Two 3-minute water breaks per half to great!?!?!? yea, ok. I get it. Someone help me out with some complicated math right here please.
5 minutes * 1 = 5 minutes total.
3 minutes * 2 = 6 minutes total.
I think that's how I learned multiplication. So now you're ok with taking 6 minutes from the game but taking 5 minutes is too much. Not to mention breaking up the game into 6 periods rather than 4 quarters. I got it. there's logic in that.

Geez Question

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................. i think his post was referencing two 5-minute waterbreaks per half.  i learned multiplication the same was as you i guess because 5 minutes*2=10 minutes total.  i think my math teacher said 10 is bigger then 6 in class yesterday, but you might want to check me on that.

you might have leaned your multiplication well but guess you have a hard time reading don't ya...................genius.........................

Geez Question
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 06/08/15, 10:38 am

you do.understand that reading takes effort. Much easier to attack parts of the conversation then take the total context. These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 06/08/15, 10:43 am

I apologize for those I've misled on this issue. Make no mistake, I'm in favor of water breaks.
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2