North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who wins this week? Who makes a better showing?

The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_lcap8%The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 16 ]
The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_lcap6%The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 13 ]
The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_lcap6%The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 13 ]
The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_lcap8%The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 16 ]
The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_lcap13%The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 26 ]
The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_lcap1%The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 3 ]
The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_lcap12%The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 24 ]
The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_lcap2%The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 5 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 13 ]
The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_lcap9%The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 19 ]
The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_lcap5%The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 11 ]
The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_lcap5%The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 10 ]
The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_lcap10%The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 205
Back

The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Empty The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1

Post by InaB 10/09/15, 05:24 pm

OK, after all of the chitter chatter around the Plano tournament, it is time to pick your team for the second game of the season in D1. albino
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Empty Re: The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1

Post by dadof3 10/09/15, 06:22 pm

A lot more even matchups in many cases this weekend...(At least IMO) Most of the expected top plays the top, the middle plays the middle, and the bottom plays the bottom...we will begin to see which teams can get a leg up on each other.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1 Empty Re: The time has come, the Walrus said...Place your vote in D1

Post by InaB 11/09/15, 08:40 am

AND, the weather is supposed to be much kinder this weekend, so hopefully that won't be a factor. Very Happy
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 11/09/15, 09:25 am

Chelsea in a walk (easiest opening 5)
Gold/Bussey draw
Texans
West
Ferretti/Garrett draw
Andromeda
Elite

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 11/09/15, 09:32 am

backofthenet wrote:Chelsea in a walk (easiest opening 5)
Gold/Bussey draw
Texans
West
Ferretti/Garrett draw
Andromeda
Elite

I could see FCD giving Solar a lot of problems...I think they draw. They were good in PLD...beat the Austin team in a good match. I think they match up pretty well with Solar.

I think Garrett...IMO that matchup favors Garrett though both are solid teams.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sleestack 11/09/15, 09:58 am

I think SF has 6-7 girls injured...

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 11/09/15, 10:18 am

No dog in hunt so some are guesses. Most if not all should be pretty tight games.

FCD/Chelsea: Draw
Gold
Texans
West
Garrett
Andro
Elite

textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 11/09/15, 10:49 am

Ok, so we already have a handicapped team, Sting Ferretti, with injured players. Anyone else on the injury train?
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 12/09/15, 01:27 pm

Totally agree with D3 above comment- this weekend will be a good indicator of where teams stand this season.   I think most of the teams that participated in Plano tournament last weekend will be somewhat wounded this weekend. Again, scoring (or a lack thereof) will be instumental in the rankings this week and going forward.

The below predictions are based on complicated algorithms compiled by my crackerjack staff, so please refer to the below disclaimer. Lastly,  if you have a heart condition, high blood pressure, pregnant or otherwise sensitive, I suggest you stop reading now...

FCD 1-1 Solar C: Big game for this teams... This match may foreshadow which team, is top half and bottom half. I will not be surprised with a 1-0 score either way.

SG 1-0 Mustangs: Not sure which team this match is more crucial too. Based on both team's scoring last weekend, a draw would be not be shocking. This match will show if:
*SG can finish enough to be a top 5 team and
*mustangs are a top or middle of pack, 2nd tier team, able to compete with top 5.

DTN 1-2 Sting Pat: upset of the week! Both teams took a beating last week, so this match crucial to the psyche of both teams going forward. DT has the size, but I sense Sting will score 2 (at least one off PK) in this one... Or I'm totally wrong and DTN wins 2-1 (Sting still gets one PK).

Sting west 2-0 Aztecs: I do not see Aztecs containing west's strikers. Sting west is a solid team-better than record indicates, and has good talent throughout the the roster. A tie would considered a big W for the Aztecs.

Feretti 0-2 Garrett: 6 or 7 injured? So should we assume a forfeit or extensive CPP help?. Feretti went to this well too many times last year, to get benefit of doubt. Feretti showed well this weekend, but Garrett defense is always good, so it'll be about if they can finish. They will in this match, especially if Ferretti is beat up. Does Club sting CPP against one of their own?

Andromeda 3-2 Sting Brown: Tough one here... I see 5 goals score in this match that could go either way. Both team have shown the ability to finish this season, but I am not sold on either team's defense. It'll come down to which team makes the least defensive mistakes.  

Sting Parker 1-2 Solar Elite: saving the best for last-I can't wait to see this one! Championship match this early in the season is a real treat! Both teams are healthy, so it'll be interesting if CPP plays a role in this match. Both teams have given up goals outside LH play, so it'll be interesting if both these teams use aggressive tactics to gain the a "W" for top dog status or play conservative (try not to lose)  match, and allow GF, GA determine the D1 champ? I think Solar doesn't want CPP be a factor next fall and lets it hang out, Solar gets win. If both team lets it hang out, it's a match that goes 4-3, either way.

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 13/09/15, 01:07 am

So who won what?
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsnerd 13/09/15, 01:40 am

The games are tomorrow... actually later today...

sportsnerd
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 13/09/15, 08:31 am

Are you ready for some football? ;-)
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 13/09/15, 08:38 am

sportsnerd wrote:The games are tomorrow... actually later today...

Oops. Had it in my head the games were Saturday. Maybe I should pay a bit more attention to the details. Very Happy
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 13/09/15, 09:05 am

Hey, it's ok, there were games yesterday, just not THE games. :-)
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 13/09/15, 11:30 am

Solar Chelsea 1 Premier 0. It was a hard fought game with injured players on both sides.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 13/09/15, 01:21 pm

Congrats on the win! Figured that would be a close one.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 13/09/15, 01:25 pm

Congrats, Solar C! Some offseason pickups and maturation of LY players are paying off!

They will most likely remain in the top 3 this week, possibly be #1, pending later outcomes.

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 13/09/15, 02:06 pm

Thanks. Hope someone from Premier will let us know how their player with a leg injury is doing.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 13/09/15, 05:43 pm

SG 1:0 bussey. Physical game. Bussey short bench. SG scored early, missed a pk. Bussey GK was great. Many quality saves.

Also heard Parker over Pulp 1-0
Andro over Brown 2-1

Last edited by dadof3 on 13/09/15, 06:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add scores)
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 13/09/15, 07:31 pm

Any other scores?
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by stmccarthy 13/09/15, 08:42 pm

Sting Ferretti 3 - Sting North 0 Good game by both teams.

For all of those doubters Ferritti DID NOT USE CPP and to everyone's belief that the team used the CPP to their benefit last year, the CPP used last year was to bring players up from Buno's D3 team to give them experience within D2. They used the CPP I believe once in the fall where this was not the case and they pulled a goalie from D1 to cover their injured goalie at the time because the D3 team had a game the same morning. How do I know all this? I had to do all the paperwork for each instance. Last weekend the team had no guest players as well which seemed to be some of the rumors in why they did well also.

I'm not trying to be difficult here but I want to give the girls on this team some credit for their accomplishments that seem to be thrown to the side by constant implications that they are not earning their victories.

stmccarthy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 13/09/15, 09:03 pm

Seems to me your the only one complicating things. No one here has said a negative about SF. Seems they're doing well and that's good. Should be enough.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 13/09/15, 09:06 pm

What's the update on the FC/Solar game? Buzz is it was pretty physical. Any color?

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 13/09/15, 09:08 pm

stmccarthy wrote:Sting Ferretti 3 - Sting North 0 Good game by both teams.  

For all of those doubters Ferritti DID NOT USE CPP and to everyone's belief that the team used the CPP to their benefit last year, the CPP used last year was to bring players up from Buno's D3 team to give them experience within D2.  They used the CPP I believe once in the fall where this was not the case and they pulled a goalie from D1 to cover their injured goalie at the time because the D3 team had a game the same morning.  How do I know all this?  I had to do all the paperwork for each instance.   Last weekend the team had no guest players as well which seemed to be some of the rumors in why they did well also.

I'm not trying to be difficult here but I want to give the girls on this team some credit for their accomplishments that seem to be thrown to the side by constant implications that they are not earning their victories.  

That is a great win for you guys, especially if you had 6-7 injured (as reported here). Congrats. I figured it would be a tighter game. Especially when I read if the injuries...but that didn't come from you. I saw SG play both teams recently, and I thought their defense would matchup better against you guys. Glad it came together for you. Garrett is solid.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 13/09/15, 09:18 pm

Hi Back, yes it was extremely physical. Two Solar Chelsea girls with potential concussions and another out with a bruised elbow. One of the Premier players went out with a potential concussion and another was taken off the field with a leg injury. We heard that it might have been fractured but I don't know for sure. No bad playing on either side, just toe to toe grit. Solar C goalie made a number of great saves. Solar scored early on and held the score.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next