North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/Grapevine09/05/24, 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLE09/05/24, 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League Empty Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by ntxsoccergirl 21/06/16, 10:24 am

Clubs are expecting players to sign contracts in just 7 days, but we still don’t have a clear understanding of what we are signing-up for. Lots of promises about being on a team that’s “almost like” ECNL, but no real information about what we are really signing up for. We were told that these teams would “mirror” the ECNL team’s schedule, including national showcases. Now I’m hearing that last year, the ECNL only had ONE Composite event all year. We were also told that the Composite teams would only play other ECNL Club’s Composite teams. Now I hear that they will also play Lake Highlands teams. We were told that the “Composite” teams would be made up of players from two birth years. Now I’m being told that the “Champions League” will be age pure. At this point we have no real idea of what these teams will look like or the actual roster size. Does anyone have any better information they can share?

ntxsoccergirl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by Guest 21/06/16, 10:30 am

Call your coach. If he/she doesn't respond or clarify, call your DOC. I certainly wouldn't base any decision off of what you hear on here...

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by Mia Hamster 21/06/16, 11:11 am

I agree with the OP's concern. We did some searching in the new "composite" league teams. We got different answers from every "authority" we asked.

I get the sense this "plan" is to sign as many girls as they can, then see what they can do to offer them field time until the DA situation evolves next season. i.e. ("Champion" league, ENCL "JV" games, etc...)

Call it what you will, but it looks like the same 5 teams will play each other over and over all year long.

I personally don't get a strong feeling that this composite situation has any defined administrative direction at this time. If it did, there would be some information on the ECNL site.

Buyer beware...
Mia Hamster
Mia Hamster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sent to the Stands 21/06/16, 11:13 am

bwgophers wrote:Call your coach.  If he/she doesn't respond or clarify, call your DOC.  I certainly wouldn't base any decision off of what you hear on here...

Thank goodness that coaches/DOCs always tell the truth.  Especially the week before signing day.
Sent to the Stands
Sent to the Stands
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/16, 11:28 am

Sent to the Stands wrote:
bwgophers wrote:Call your coach.  If he/she doesn't respond or clarify, call your DOC.  I certainly wouldn't base any decision off of what you hear on here...

Thank goodness that coaches/DOCs always tell the truth.  Especially the week before signing day.

Then don't talk to them, and base your decision off of what you hear on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sent to the Stands 21/06/16, 11:33 am

bwgophers wrote:

In all seriousness, your suggestion is not a bad one.  The problem is that in talking to several coaches and at least one DOC, they all have the same general answer.... we really don't know, because Lake Highlands has not made a final decision.  It may be an honest answer, but it also gives these clubs a pass to basically do whatever they want with these players and blame it on a late decision by Lake Highlands or a change in circumstances....
Sent to the Stands
Sent to the Stands
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by keep22 21/06/16, 11:45 am

anyway like i was saying...composite is the fruit of the sea...you can boil it, fry it, bake it, saute it but mostly it's a box of chocolates...

keep22
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by keep22 21/06/16, 11:47 am

with nuts

keep22
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/16, 11:53 am

bwgophers wrote:

Isn't that what everyone on here does? I know I make all my decisions off what bw says.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/16, 11:55 am

Cleansheets wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Isn't that what everyone in here does?

It's worked wonders for me over the years. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 21/06/16, 12:01 pm

ntxsoccergirl wrote:Clubs are expecting players to sign contracts in just 7 days, but we still don’t have a clear understanding of what we are signing-up for.  Lots of promises about being on a team that’s “almost like” ECNL, but no real information about what we are really signing up for.  We were told that these teams would “mirror” the ECNL team’s schedule, including national showcases. <-- Not True.. Now I’m hearing that last year, the ECNL only had ONE Composite event all year.  We were also told that the Composite teams would only play other ECNL Club’s Composite teams. Now I hear that they will also play Lake Highlands teams. We were told that the “Composite” teams would be made up of players from two birth years.  Now I’m being told that the “Champions League” will be age pure.  At this point we have no real idea of what these teams will look like or the actual roster size.  Does anyone have any better information they can share?

I have mentioned this before, there is no ECNL Composite teams schedule that will "mirror" the ECNL teams schedule. If there is, it will be similar to Jr ECNL events that's it.
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/16, 12:50 pm

This is the info I have, and I am nothing more than a poster on this forum, so take it at face value, and for whatever you deem it's worth...

This info is ~2 weeks old, so details may have changed.  However, I have gotten consistent information from sources I have from both the league side, and my DD's club side, and all of the moves that I have observed my DD's club make with regards to LH byes, etc. have all been consistent with the information I have been given...

- Champions League will be as many as 16 teams.  Maybe less in some/all age groups, but not more.
- Champions League will be US Club Sanctioned, but will NOT be directly tied to ECNL in any way
- Each of the 10 ECNL Texas Conference clubs gets 1 "automatic" invite into the league.  These are intended to be the previously mentioned "composite" teams.  Whether or not any club continues to refers to them as "composite" or not, I don't know.
- Top 3 finishers from LH D1 last year will also get an invite to Champions League.  Those teams will also get invites into USYSA Premier League, but will be required to choose between participating in one or the other.  If a top 3 team declines their bid into ChL, the 4th place team from LH D1 will receive an invite, but LH will not go beyond 4th place for ChL.  (Don't know how this applies to PL invites).
- Top 2 finishers from STX USC (US Club) league get invites into ChL
- 1 OK team will receive an invite into ChL (Not sure how that will be determined)
- ChL will have single year divisions from U14-U18.  From what I am seeing/hearing, at least some of the ECNL clubs have already altered their plans along these lines, from the original 2-year grouping that was discussed for the composite teams.
- LH has indicated/committed that they will work with the ECNL clubs to synchronize ChL league schedule with ECNL league schedule so that ChL games between ECNL clubs will be played on the same day, and in close proximity to the ECNL league games.  i.e. If Texans and Solar ECNL are schedule to play on a particular date, LH will do their best to schedule the Texans/Solar ChL games on the same date in a nearby location.
- Intentions are that roster rules will be fairly "open" to allow for movement of players back and forth between ChL and ECNL rosters.  To what degree clubs will use this flexibility is up to the club, but the intention is to build the flexibility into the league rules.
- I am not sure if rules prevent playing in both LHGCL and ChL, but my understanding is that it will be difficult for teams to do so, simply due to number of games.  I am seeing at least 2 ECNL clubs that are planning on having their "composite" teams play ONLY in ChL (+ showcases/tourneys).

Like I said, everything I have heard and seen from my DD's club is consistent with what I have listed above.  Whether all of the ECNL clubs are making similar moves according to what is above, I can not say.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/06/16, 01:07 pm

it's pretty simple. The composite is basically ecnl lite. The schedule will mirror the ECNL schedule because its easier for the clubs to manage. It will not be on the ECNL site because it is not an ECNL league. This is not Jr ECNL. Also you should see composite players cross over to both ecnl and CL depending on club and ability
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 21/06/16, 01:36 pm

Wonder if LH will have a 1 game per day rule for Champ League and Classic League like they had with CPP between classic divisions last year.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/16, 03:30 pm

bwgophers wrote:This is the info I have, and I am nothing more than a poster on this forum, so take it at face value, and for whatever you deem it's worth...

This info is ~2 weeks old, so details may have changed.  However, I have gotten consistent information from sources I have from both the league side, and my DD's club side, and all of the moves that I have observed my DD's club make with regards to LH byes, etc. have all been consistent with the information I have been given...

- Champions League will be as many as 16 teams.  Maybe less in some/all age groups, but not more.
- Champions League will be US Club Sanctioned, but will NOT be directly tied to ECNL in any way
- Each of the 10 ECNL Texas Conference clubs gets 1 "automatic" invite into the league.  These are intended to be the previously mentioned "composite" teams.  Whether or not any club continues to refers to them as "composite" or not, I don't know.
- Top 3 finishers from LH D1 last year will also get an invite to Champions League.  Those teams will also get invites into USYSA Premier League, but will be required to choose between participating in one or the other.  If a top 3 team declines their bid into ChL, the 4th place team from LH D1 will receive an invite, but LH will not go beyond 4th place for ChL.  (Don't know how this applies to PL invites).
- 1 OK team will receive an invite into ChL (Not sure how that will be determined)
- ChL will have single year divisions from U14-U18.  From what I am seeing/hearing, at least some of the ECNL clubs have already altered their plans along these lines, from the original 2-year grouping that was discussed for the composite teams.
- LH has indicated/committed that they will work with the ECNL clubs to synchronize ChL league schedule with ECNL league schedule so that ChL games between ECNL clubs will be played on the same day, and in close proximity to the ECNL league games.  i.e. If Texans and Solar ECNL are schedule to play on a particular date, LH will do their best to schedule the Texans/Solar ChL games on the same date in a nearby location.
- Intentions are that roster rules will be fairly "open" to allow for movement of players back and forth between ChL and ECNL rosters.  To what degree clubs will use this flexibility is up to the club, but the intention is to build the flexibility into the league rules.
- I am not sure if rules prevent playing in both LHGCL and ChL, but my understanding is that it will be difficult for teams to do so, simply due to number of games.  I am seeing at least 2 ECNL clubs that are planning on having their "composite" teams play ONLY in ChL (+ showcases/tourneys).

Like I said, everything I have heard and seen from my DD's club is consistent with what I have listed above.  Whether all of the ECNL clubs are making similar moves according to what is above, I can not say.

C'mon now bw. You know you're like the great and powerful Oz. Pull back the curtain of Lake Highlands and ECNL and there you are. Turning the hand cranks and pulling the levers to make that big smoke and mirror show work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/16, 03:35 pm

Cleansheets wrote:
bwgophers wrote:This is the info I have, and I am nothing more than a poster on this forum, so take it at face value, and for whatever you deem it's worth...

C'mon now bw. You know you're like the great and powerful Oz. Pull back the curtain of Lake Highlands and ECNL and there you are. Turning the hand cranks and pulling the levers to make that big smoke and mirror show work.

Pay no attention to the fat man hiding behind his keyboard...

Although it's been 3 hours since I posted that summary, and no one has come on here, or PM'd me yet to tell me that it's incorrect, or that they have heard something drastically different... again, for whatever that is worth. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 21/06/16, 04:22 pm

I'm not disputing your claims, I actually agree with them as I've heard pretty much the same thing from team mgr. I'd just like to know who all will be in the league and their coaches since DD is on one of these teams.

Probably find out sometime mid July...
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 21/06/16, 04:29 pm

actually, just got posted on the LH website..

www.girlsclassicleague.org
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League Empty Confused

Post by wxyz 21/06/16, 05:35 pm

AtThePitch wrote:actually, just got posted on the LH website..

What got posted on the LH website? I don't see anything new since 6/16 (prelim placement list).

wxyz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 21/06/16, 05:43 pm

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League Facepalm
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamingBean 21/06/16, 05:46 pm

AtThePitch wrote:actually, just got posted on the LH website..

dangit you got me. I've been RA'd once again. Good work
SteamingBean
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/06/16, 05:48 pm

Must be the cookies in your browser. Just click the link and it will take you right to it
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by wxyz 21/06/16, 09:07 pm

go99 wrote:Must be the cookies in your browser. Just click the link and it will take you right to it
I am not that stupid! Besides, cookies have nothing to do with what I see on the website. You should have tried "buffer" or "proxy site".

wxyz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 22/06/16, 02:05 pm

If these two rules are correct, I wonder how the clubs will utilize these 2 rules. The ECNL5 get an automatic bye, but the league also allows the top 3 (or 4) from D1 the previous year to enter.

So assuming everyone plays up for arguements sake, LP Elite would get admission, but will FC Dallas and Texans use their top 3 status to get that bye into ChL and then use their auto bye for a less strong team that wouldn't normally get in giving these teams two entries into ChL? Or is the top 3 rule only for use by the non-ECNL clubs?
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Teufel Hunden 22/06/16, 02:48 pm

Great explanations and opinions on the Composite stuff by earlier posters...however, I still have a few questions / points / concerns with this new environment that is coming upon us.

I think it is all great that composite rosters and ECNL rosters will have the "flexibility" to move players "up" from Composite and move players "down" from ECNL creating a competitive environment. The question that I have regarding my statement, is How real will it be? How will it actually work in reality? In normal circumstances (before this Composite stuff). you have dual rostered players; these players "technically" were on the bubble, project type players that by exposing them with better training (assuming they trained with ECNL at least part of the time) and more playing time with the second team (normally the LH D1 team) they may have a chance to step on the ECNL field. However, from what I have seen and by talking to other parents most dual rostered players don't.

1- How big are the composite rosters? Some players have been sold the composite spot with the idea that they could possibly play in ECNL games; It may be true for a player or two that are truly on the bubble as I explained above, but what about the rest of the team? Yes you are closer to ECNL but you are NOT ECNL...
2- The three LH teams invited to the Champions League will not be the same teams that got them there. Most of those players would have already been (or have been by now) gobbled up by the 5 composite teams that need to be formed by the ECNL clubs. So when a composite team plays a LH team in the Champions league I do not expect to see a very competitive game
3- Using my previous point as a Segway; Although briefly mentioned in other threads, the impact that the new champions league will have on the "regular" LH league from a quality perspective, in my opinion will be great for this coming LH season, aside from the bigger clubs (I am mostly referring to the bigger 3), all other clubs are struggling to field quality players to for their LH D1, D2 and D3 teams and avoid losing their team/club bye due to players being offered composite spots. These players are coming from somewhere, and I will go on a limb (expect some backlash) to state that these are players landing D1 / D2 spots that otherwise would have NOT in normal circumstances. As a sub-point, from what I have seen by attending several tryout events at several clubs, the talent pool range for composite is very wide, meaning that there are players that should stay back and strengthen the LH D1/D2/D3 teams and getting better by playing versus sitting on the composite team bench....repeating my point above, composite is NOT ECNL nor ECNL lite as another poster indicated.
4- Back to the composite item; I am afraid that once contracts are signed and the true understanding on how YOUR player will be impacted, I think that there will be may unhappy players/ parents due to the fact that the "opportunities" offered by accepting a composite spot may not be there as initially thought with the exception for the few players that will truly benefit....at the end, maybe that is what it is for; to have a vehicle (composite / Champions league) to keep / retain an extended pool of players that can be groomed and used as needed, but IMHO, very far from the extent to which players and parents are led to believe.

All above are strictly my thoughts and opinions (maybe a little scatter-shooting). I am just another dad that is trying to understand the reality that is coming our (my) way. I am not a conspirator, but the lack of formal sanctioning body type of information and ambiguity, in my opinion is by design. I have no proof or anything indicating such a thing, this is plainly just how I feel. scratch
Teufel Hunden
Teufel Hunden
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next