North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/Grapevine09/05/24, 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLE09/05/24, 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 5 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by dadof3 26/07/16, 11:47 am

anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
OLJW wrote:
thefly1 wrote:
anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:Maybe the coaches and parents see it as a way to get some kids more touches and experience.  This type of sharing/developing players worked out ok for one little club, Kicks, with their 01 group.  They start their 3rd straight Natonals appearance today in Frisco.  

Maybe I am the overprotective parent, but my fear with all this playtime / practice at young age will lead to early injury or burnout.   We are at a big club, but the coach is what makes for us, not the club...

Overuse injury?  Possibly.  I think the more likely scenario will be getting pounded into the ground by some opponent that has learned that there is almost never a downside for doing so. My oldest is beginning her 7th year in select. Her younger sister is beginning her 5th year. I have never seen a straight red card. Is it really possible that I have watched 12 years of select soccer and never seen an overly agressive/dangerous play? Or is it more likely that in NTX some of the Laws of the Game are simply never enforced. My eyeballs and experience tell me it's the latter.  The local game is too violent, it's too violent because the players learn through experience that there is no such thing as too violent.

Spot on.  Not only no red cards, but very few yellow cards.  I have 2 girls playing as well, a few less years, but have rarely seen even yellow cards shown.  They could take control of the games at earlier ages, and earlier in each game, and the kids will adjust and would learn to play without "overly agressive/dangerous play".  
Violent physical play, not even attempting to play the ball most times, is rewarded more than skill and possession play.

...and it curtails enjoyment...and it increases health care expenditures...and it shortens careers...

...and some will say if you don't like the physicality then don't let them play...but my kids LOVE to play soccer, and I LOVE to watch them and their teams...PLAY SOCCER-not rugby or lacrosse or football or wrestling...soccer, where there is a LEGAL physical element, and injuries will happen...but where skill should be apparent and encouraged.

I have seen 3 reds...(3 kids, 13 seasons of select in NTX plus years of academy)

First, one in a U15G game where the girl had been given a yellow for persistent infringement (6 serious fouls), then a little later, kicked at a player running past her...straight red. IMO, this is a coach problem...ref did his job!
-Well deserved! No room for that in the game.

Second, in a U13B game where in the 2nd minute of a game, a player tackled (shoulder to shoulder-offensive player didn't fall) a player who was about to shoot at the top of the box...and was given straight red for it...was interpreted as a "last man denying goal-scoring chance", but it was very questionable...especially in a PPL level, U13 boys game.
-Overly harsh for the actual play. Could have been anything from a verbal "play on" to a foul, to a yellow, to what it was...

Third, in a U16G game last year when on a break, the GK and forward collided on breakaway...GK said she touched the ball away before the collision (I couldn't tell if it was ball or girl-but not an uncommon play)...CR immediately waved and shouted "play on"...then stopped play to check on players...the AR called CR over and told the CR to change her call to PK, and red card...
-Considering the violent fouls that are common, this one seemed too much. I understood it, but I don't agree. There was no "playing the man rather than the ball" or anything of the sort-just a physical play...both players shook it off.

That said...I would be fine with a LOT more cards yellow and red being handed out too...

dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 5 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by DDdad 26/07/16, 04:04 pm

I have 2 DD with a cumulative 13 years of Club soccer. Burnout and overuse are real and they do have to be managed. Burnout is much more subjective. Every kid that opts to leave club soccer can't be lumped into this group. It is much more likely to be any combination of boys, friends, other interests or other sports. As parents, you can't keep your foot on the gas for 10+ years and not expect them to go through peaks and valleys. As they get older, they really have to manage themselves more. It's often not even that they don't like soccer but they feel they are missing out on other things. Often, they are correct and soccer has to take a backseat.

Overuse is concerning. If there is an injury I haven't seen, I don't know what it is. Stress Fractures (back and knee), rolled ankles, ACL, Meniscus not to mention all of the day to day stuff.
My advice after living through all this stuff is that you must take the time off. There is no game, no team, no tournament that DD should be playing injured. I didn't say hurt, but injured. Her team will survive. They can make it without her. The coach will forgive her. She will play soccer again. Think back to how less important the games were last year or the year before. I assure you that regardless of level, the games you are playing now will be meaningless next year and the year after. Don't get caught up in the moment. I assure you, this journey is a marathon. It is VERY long. Only you can manage your DD through it.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 26/07/16, 06:36 pm

dadof3 wrote:
anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
OLJW wrote:
thefly1 wrote:
anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:Maybe the coaches and parents see it as a way to get some kids more touches and experience.  This type of sharing/developing players worked out ok for one little club, Kicks, with their 01 group.  They start their 3rd straight Natonals appearance today in Frisco.  

Maybe I am the overprotective parent, but my fear with all this playtime / practice at young age will lead to early injury or burnout.   We are at a big club, but the coach is what makes for us, not the club...

Overuse injury?  Possibly.  I think the more likely scenario will be getting pounded into the ground by some opponent that has learned that there is almost never a downside for doing so. My oldest is beginning her 7th year in select. Her younger sister is beginning her 5th year. I have never seen a straight red card. Is it really possible that I have watched 12 years of select soccer and never seen an overly agressive/dangerous play? Or is it more likely that in NTX some of the Laws of the Game are simply never enforced. My eyeballs and experience tell me it's the latter.  The local game is too violent, it's too violent because the players learn through experience that there is no such thing as too violent.

Spot on.  Not only no red cards, but very few yellow cards.  I have 2 girls playing as well, a few less years, but have rarely seen even yellow cards shown.  They could take control of the games at earlier ages, and earlier in each game, and the kids will adjust and would learn to play without "overly agressive/dangerous play".  
Violent physical play, not even attempting to play the ball most times, is rewarded more than skill and possession play.

...and it curtails enjoyment...and it increases health care expenditures...and it shortens careers...

...and some will say if you don't like the physicality then don't let them play...but my kids LOVE to play soccer, and I LOVE to watch them and their teams...PLAY SOCCER-not rugby or lacrosse or football or wrestling...soccer, where there is a LEGAL physical element, and injuries will happen...but where skill should be apparent and encouraged.

I have seen 3 reds...(3 kids, 13 seasons of select in NTX plus years of academy)

First, one in a U15G game where the girl had been given a yellow for persistent infringement (6 serious fouls), then a little later, kicked at a player running past her...straight red. IMO, this is a coach problem...ref did his job!
-Well deserved! No room for that in the game.

Second, in a U13B game where in the 2nd minute of a game, a player tackled (shoulder to shoulder-offensive player didn't fall) a player who was about to shoot at the top of the box...and was given straight red for it...was interpreted as a "last man denying goal-scoring chance", but it was very questionable...especially in a PPL level, U13 boys game.
-Overly harsh for the actual play. Could have been anything from a verbal "play on" to a foul, to a yellow, to what it was...

Third, in a U16G game last year when on a break, the GK and forward collided on breakaway...GK said she touched the ball away before the collision (I couldn't tell if it was ball or girl-but not an uncommon play)...CR immediately waved and shouted "play on"...then stopped play to check on players...the AR called CR over and told the CR to change her call to PK, and red card...
-Considering the violent fouls that are common, this one seemed too much. I understood it, but I don't agree. There was no "playing the man rather than the ball" or anything of the sort-just a physical play...both players shook it off.

That said...I would be fine with a LOT more cards yellow and red being handed out too...

Unfortunately kicks is playing for second maybe third division title. The top players are n vacation at this time.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by 06Southgirl 26/07/16, 07:58 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:
06southgirl wrote:
Shake_and_Bake wrote:Great chart and interesting differences.  Looks like FCD TenBrink made the biggest jump, which is almost entirely weighted on King Tut.  Triumph took the biggest hit, which again is almost entirely based on King Tut.  The single tournament weighting works in your favor if your team played with a few guest players, or it was a killer if your team had sickness, injury and/or vacations.  Not sure how they could put Solar Blue above DTS.  I believe the head to head records between the two are one sided.  I know, I know, it will all get decided during league play at LH, but the optics are wrong.

My predictions on the bracket winners.  Anyone else want take a swing?  

Bracket A - Solar Blue
Bracket B - DTS
Bracket C - DT Glotzbach
Bracket D - Fever
Bracket E - D'Feters Colon
Bracket F - FCD Red
Bracket G - LP Raisbeck
Bracket H - FCD East
Bracket I - Solar Nazier
Bracket J - Texas Spirit North

Isn't this 100 percent for you ShakeNBake?  

I run a youth sports gambling bracket...it's what I do.   drunken

Ok ShakeNBake lets see your predictions for round 2!!!!! Who goes to D1? D3?
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/07/16, 11:27 pm

A couple of the earlier posts on physical play and Red-yellow cards...brilliant. Unlike, OLJW and DDdad, I am a relative newbie. I have only a handful of years watching select youth NTX boys/girls soccer, and I wholeheartedly agree that far too often physical play is a course substitute for soccer skills. I won't stop loving the game or the joy it brings my DD's, but I can relate to your posts.

As for you Ms. Southgirl; I will accept your challenge. I can't even fathom a guess on D3 or the last D1 slot, which will be based on points. Generally speaking a couple of the pools are clear cut and two are stacked (U and W) based on the teams I saw last weekend. Here is my cut at the pool winners:

Bracket S - Texans (Ewing)
Bracket T - D'Feeters (Hollis)
Bracket U - Kicks (Perette)
Bracket V - FC Dallas (Kounas - Still loving the name)
Bracket W - Fever (Stephen)
Bracket X - Solar Rainbow (Byars)
Bracket Y - Sting (Gray)

What say you, and good luck to all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 27/07/16, 01:44 am

Solar Rainbow? Lol

Last weekend the "head honcho" coached them during breaks and at halftime but once they went down 2 goals, he split.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 06Southgirl 27/07/16, 06:13 am

Ok here are my predictions....

Bracket S - Dallas TNT (Baird)
Bracket V - Texans Red (Rosales)
Bracket X - Solar (Byars)
Bracket Y - FCD (Tallal)

I predict Sting East Gray gets the 8th D1 spot.    

For D3 I am concerned some brackets will be close matches and therefore spread the points out so much that teams that should advance don't actually advance.

Last edited by 06southgirl on 27/07/16, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/16, 09:36 am

06southgirl wrote:Ok here are my predicitions....

Bracket S - Dallas TNT (Baird)
Bracket V - Texans Red (Rosales)
Bracket X - Solar (Byars)
Bracket Y - FCD (Tallal)

I predict Sting East Gray gets the 8th D1 spot.    

For D3 I am concerned some brackets will be close matches and therefore spread the points out so much that teams that should advance don't actually advance.

Looks like we differ on a few, but I agree on D3.

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleFireball 27/07/16, 02:14 pm

Lol. They went down 2-0 with less than a minute left, so yea most split after that.

LittleFireball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 27/07/16, 05:08 pm

LittleFireball wrote:Lol. They went down 2-0 with less than a minute left, so yea most split after that.

Again, I was there and it was not less than a minute left. We remember that match differently. Even so, at the very least stay for the post game huddle with the kids after the L.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadofadaughter 27/07/16, 06:33 pm

Bodhisattva wrote:
LittleFireball wrote:Lol. They went down 2-0 with less than a minute left, so yea most split after that.

Again, I was there and it was not less than a minute left. We remember that match differently. Even so, at the very least stay for the post game huddle with the kids after the L.

I was at all 3 of their games and most of what you have said about the team thus far is incorrect. In fact, the second goal was scored with 54 seconds left, I was timing. And yes, he was on the sideline but why wouldn't you want 2 great coaches instructing your kids? The team sees him and the other coaches more than just this weekend. He wasn't in the post game huddle but who cares, the girls got what they needed? Not that your garbage needs justification but no one lost time this weekend as the coach is very fair which is more than I can say for some other teams I know.

Fever is a great squad and this game was a battle. It is a shame that people like you exist to always look for the bad in things.

dadofadaughter
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 28/07/16, 09:04 am

dadofadaughter wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:

I was at all 3 of their games and most of what you have said about the team thus far is incorrect.  In fact, the second goal was scored with 54 seconds left, I was timing.  And yes, he was on the sideline but why wouldn't you want 2 great coaches instructing your kids?  The team sees him and the other coaches more than just this weekend.  He wasn't in the post game huddle but who cares, the girls got what they needed?  Not that your garbage needs justification but no one lost time this weekend as the coach is very fair which is more than I can say for some other teams I know.

Fever is a great squad and this game was a battle.  It is a shame that people like you exist to always look for the bad in things.

I never said 2 great coaches was a bad thing. I was also timing the game and all I said was that our observations on the game were different. As far as it "being a shame that I exist", are we still talking about 9 year old girls soccer?? Shocked
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 28/07/16, 09:19 am

9 year old soccer? no wonder.. mine will be 11 right after new years! lol
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dadofadaughter 28/07/16, 09:33 am

Bodhisattva wrote:
dadofadaughter wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:

I was at all 3 of their games and most of what you have said about the team thus far is incorrect.  In fact, the second goal was scored with 54 seconds left, I was timing.  And yes, he was on the sideline but why wouldn't you want 2 great coaches instructing your kids?  The team sees him and the other coaches more than just this weekend.  He wasn't in the post game huddle but who cares, the girls got what they needed?  Not that your garbage needs justification but no one lost time this weekend as the coach is very fair which is more than I can say for some other teams I know.

Fever is a great squad and this game was a battle.  It is a shame that people like you exist to always look for the bad in things.

I never said 2 great coaches was a bad thing. I was also timing the game and all I said was that our observations on the game were different. As far as it "being a shame that I exist", are we still talking about 9 year old girls soccer?? Shocked

Yeah, that may have been a little harsh, my apologies. What I meant was that it was a shame that people always dwell on the negative. This team has a great group of players that love playing together and a great coach who is growing them. The other girls you mentioned are on the roster and have played with the team in the past and not just this weekend; they are viewed as family.

dadofadaughter
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrobdsp 28/07/16, 10:18 am

AtThePitch wrote:9 year old soccer?  no wonder.. mine will be 11 right after new years! lol

it will be 2 months until my DD's team has a single 10 year old on it...

this Age Pure junk rules...

bigrobdsp
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 28/07/16, 10:20 am

AtThePitch wrote:9 year old soccer?  no wonder.. mine will be 11 right after new years! lol

Yep. With the AP thing, 75-80% of at least 3 teams I know are still 9 years old. Mine won't be 10 until December.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 28/07/16, 10:22 am

You can tell by the parent forum behavior... lol

Yall missed out on a year of chill out time!
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 28/07/16, 10:26 am

AtThePitch wrote:You can tell by the parent forum behavior... lol

Yall missed out on a year of chill out time!

When we got the bill July 1, I would gladly have taken another year chill out time... Twisted Evil
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 28/07/16, 11:32 am

9, 10, 11, 12 - at the end of the day, it is still about little girls soccer. I think the chill out time should last well past this age.

Right now I know tons of 9 year olds in 06AP and the difference and size and maturity between a Jan 06 and an Oct 06 will not last for much longer...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/07/16, 11:44 am

Bodhisattva wrote:The difference and size and maturity between a Jan 06 and an Oct 06 will not last for much longer...
Can anyone quantify this? Two years, five years?

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 28/07/16, 11:47 am

Bodhisattva wrote:9, 10, 11, 12 - at the end of the day, it is still about little girls soccer. I think the chill out time should last well past this age.

Right now I know tons of 9 year olds in 06AP and the difference and size and maturity between a Jan 06 and an Oct 06 will not last for much longer...

Correct, when they hit about U14... that isn't too far away, only 4 years.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Spanky06 28/07/16, 01:20 pm

bodhisattva - you say yourself, it's 9 year old soccer.  Yet you are the one who's been dogging this thing.  Aren't you also the jack a** who was yelling at the top of his voice after said 9 year old girls game.   #Get a life

Last edited by Spanky06 on 28/07/16, 01:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Spanky06
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 28/07/16, 01:22 pm

Can this become 11 year old soccer already.....
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 28/07/16, 01:37 pm

Spanky06 wrote:bodhisattva - you say yourself, it's 9 year old soccer.  Yet you are the one who's been dogging this thing.  Aren't you also the jack a** who was yelling at the top of his voice after said 9 year old girls game.  Aren't you also the one who was on Solar for a while, then left when DD didn't make the team of your desire.  #Get a life

I've been dogging what exactly? I asked if it was still 9 yr old girls soccer because someone wished for my death but they've now since apologized so it's all good. I was not the guy "yelling at the top of my voice" (which is redundant by the way) and have never been on Solar, but I am familiar with the Rainbows. Thanks anyway for creating a profile just today to try to accuse me of such. But, yet I need to get a life? OK. Shocked
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/07/16, 02:48 pm

Trying to reconcile someone with the user name Bodhisattva coming on here and taking passive-aggressive backhanded swipes at a U11 girls soccer team. Doesn't exactly seem too "enlightened" to me. Maybe Hypocrittva would be a better username?

Of course, Point Break never really made sense to me either, so maybe I'm the one who isn't so enlightened... Nah... That's not it. drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/07/16, 03:07 pm

so much anger on the thread.... lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next