North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/Grapevine09/05/24, 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLE09/05/24, 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 3 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by Bodhisattva 25/07/16, 08:02 am

Yes, congrats to all the qualifiers and to all the girls for enduring the hot temps.

Glad to see Fever handle Solar Black/Red/Blue/Etc. Guess the Soccer Gods don't agree with stacking rosters either. How do the parents and kids of the normal Byars squad feel when they get to the biggest stage only to lose playing time to Solar Red GK, Forwards etc?

Also, LHGCL had three different line markings on some fields and some of the worst officiating I've ever witnessed. My first qualifier experience was very underwhelming.

Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 3 Empty Re: LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT

Post by 06Southgirl 25/07/16, 08:07 am

Shake_and_Bake wrote:Great chart and interesting differences.  Looks like FCD TenBrink made the biggest jump, which is almost entirely weighted on King Tut.  Triumph took the biggest hit, which again is almost entirely based on King Tut.  The single tournament weighting works in your favor if your team played with a few guest players, or it was a killer if your team had sickness, injury and/or vacations.  Not sure how they could put Solar Blue above DTS.  I believe the head to head records between the two are one sided.  I know, I know, it will all get decided during league play at LH, but the optics are wrong.

My predictions on the bracket winners.  Anyone else want take a swing?  

Bracket A - Solar Blue
Bracket B - DTS
Bracket C - DT Glotzbach
Bracket D - Fever
Bracket E - D'Feters Colon
Bracket F - FCD Red
Bracket G - LP Raisbeck
Bracket H - FCD East
Bracket I - Solar Nazier
Bracket J - Texas Spirit North

Isn't this 100 percent for you ShakeNBake?
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 08:12 am

Congratulations to FC Fusion getting in first weekend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 08:15 am

Bodhisattva wrote:Yes, congrats to all the qualifiers and to all the girls for enduring the hot temps.

Glad to see Fever handle Solar Black/Red/Blue/Etc. Guess the Soccer Gods don't agree with stacking rosters either. How do the parents and kids of the normal Byars squad feel when they get to the biggest stage only to lose playing time to Solar Red GK, Forwards etc?

Also, LHGCL had three different line markings on some fields and some of the worst officiating I've ever witnessed. My first qualifier experience was very underwhelming.

First off, I have no dog in this hunt. I do NOT have a daughter in this age group.

Just for clarification, are you suggesting that Solar uses stacked teams to qualify? Or are you saying that Solar stacks teams during the season so the girls that qualified originally do not get to play in the season?? Oh, and I also have no affiliation with Solar so this is not a troll attempt. I'm just trying to understand what you're trying to point out!

p.s. The multiple line markings are a bit confusing at UTD... lol It's because of the multi-use nature of those fields. Been like that for years on certain fields.
p.p.s. The officiating is what it is. Always luck of the draw. Honestly, it's not an easy job they do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 25/07/16, 08:39 am

I'm not suggesting it. I have witnessed it but in their defense, they're a huge successful club with many resources, so why not take advantage of that? There were Red JDL players on Byar's squad this weekend and I'm sure when they're not busy with JDL, they'll help them out all year and it's very legal. However, when a normal Solar Black Byars kid is riding the pine for a Red part time player in crunch time, how does the kid and parent feel about it? That's what I'm pointing out.

PS. I know why the multiple markings were on there, but on qualifying weekend when girls are stopping play and throwing in from the wrong line, it's embarrassing for the host IMHO.

PPS. I know it is a thankless job to ref, but again, this was the worst I've ever seen and out of all weekends. Just an observation.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 08:42 am

Bodhisattva wrote:I'm not suggesting it. I have witnessed it but in their defense, they're a huge successful club with many resources, so why not take advantage of that? There were Red JDL players on Byar's squad this weekend and I'm sure when they're not busy with JDL, they'll help them out all year and it's very legal. However, when a normal Solar Black Byars kid is riding the pine for a Red part time player in crunch time, how does the kid and parent feel about it? That's what I'm pointing out.

PS. I know why the multiple markings were on there, but on qualifying weekend when girls are stopping play and throwing in from the wrong line, it's embarrassing for the host IMHO.

PPS. I know it is a thankless job to ref, but again, this was the worst I've ever seen and out of all weekends. Just an observation.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Yes, dual-rostering is allowed.

I think the funniest thing about the markings is when a kid on one team stops playing because it's "out" of the blue line but inside the white line and then they look very confused when the other team takes off with the ball... I suppose I should be more upset about that, but I find it amusing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 25/07/16, 08:49 am

It is totally allowed so that's why I root for the smaller independent club that goes to battle with the same roster week in week out.

Yeah, when that sort of confusion costs someone a goal, game or points, I'm not upset about it but I don't think it's funny.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 08:56 am

Bodhisattva wrote:It is totally allowed so that's why I root for the smaller independent club that goes to battle with the same roster week in week out.

Yeah, when that sort of confusion costs someone a goal, game or points, I'm not upset about it but I don't think it's funny.

It is cool for the independents to have success. That particular Fever team is a good little group. I have a friend whose brother has a daughter on that team. They seem to love their coach and love being part of that club. Fees are apparently half of the majors. And they can stay local for practice and stuff and not drive to north dallas to play with one of the majors' top team. Works out if you've live in mid-cities. I think they practice in Keller or Southlake or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 25/07/16, 09:01 am

I agree 100%.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 25/07/16, 09:02 am

skiberdad wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:It is totally allowed so that's why I root for the smaller independent club that goes to battle with the same roster week in week out.

It is cool for the independents to have success.  That particular Fever team is a good little group.  I have a friend whose brother has a daughter on that team.  They seem to love their coach and love being part of that club.  Fees are apparently half of the majors.  And they can stay local for practice and stuff and not drive to north dallas to play with one of the majors' top team.  Works out if you've live in mid-cities.  I think they practice in Keller or Southlake or something.

That is incorrect, same price as the majors.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by blastit 25/07/16, 09:08 am

AtThePitch wrote:
skiberdad wrote:

It is cool for the independents to have success.  That particular Fever team is a good little group.  I have a friend whose brother has a daughter on that team.  They seem to love their coach and love being part of that club.  Fees are apparently half of the majors.  And they can stay local for practice and stuff and not drive to north dallas to play with one of the majors' top team.  Works out if you've live in mid-cities.  I think they practice in Keller or Southlake or something.

$1,000 less than at least 3 majors. Can't speak for all 5

blastit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 09:08 am

I'll take your word for it. It's just what I heard.

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 25/07/16, 09:12 am

blastit wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:
skiberdad wrote:

$1,000 less than at least 3 majors. Can't speak for all 5

So Willard dropped the price by $1,000 after I sat thru the parent meeting and he passed out the sheets with cost breakdowns? If he pulled that off then hats off to him for doing that, but. .. the stated cost at that meeting was more than I wrote a check for where mine signed (with JDL included in my fees).

just stating facts.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Boot_It_Long 25/07/16, 09:14 am

Next weekends brackets anyone? Any ideas on winners and when they will be put out?
Boot_It_Long
Boot_It_Long
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 09:16 am

I bet brackets out tonight or tomorrow early

Back to top Go down

Post by texassoccer2 25/07/16, 09:23 am

I have heard they will not re-seed..if they do not, I did based on the teams still in...I think this could be the potential bracket based on the 12 teams that dropped out.  Not sure its 100% correct, I did it kind of fast.

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 3 Bracke10

texassoccer2
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 25/07/16, 09:23 am

The price break is justified as Fever does not have JDL or ECNL teams, but IMHO, if you're focus is on development and you succeed when given the opportunity, it will all work out.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 25/07/16, 09:27 am

Bodhisattva wrote:The price break is justified as Fever does not have JDL or ECNL teams, but IMHO, if you're focus is on development and you succeed when given the opportunity, it will all work out.

I'm going to let this one go. I like Constance over there so no need for this to go down that rabbit hole.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 25/07/16, 09:38 am

I like Constance and Willard over there too and I wasn't intending to create a rabbit hole.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 09:44 am

Who are these people you speak of? Coaches? Owners?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 09:47 am

06southgirl wrote:
Shake_and_Bake wrote:Great chart and interesting differences.  Looks like FCD TenBrink made the biggest jump, which is almost entirely weighted on King Tut.  Triumph took the biggest hit, which again is almost entirely based on King Tut.  The single tournament weighting works in your favor if your team played with a few guest players, or it was a killer if your team had sickness, injury and/or vacations.  Not sure how they could put Solar Blue above DTS.  I believe the head to head records between the two are one sided.  I know, I know, it will all get decided during league play at LH, but the optics are wrong.

My predictions on the bracket winners.  Anyone else want take a swing?  

Bracket A - Solar Blue
Bracket B - DTS
Bracket C - DT Glotzbach
Bracket D - Fever
Bracket E - D'Feters Colon
Bracket F - FCD Red
Bracket G - LP Raisbeck
Bracket H - FCD East
Bracket I - Solar Nazier
Bracket J - Texas Spirit North

Isn't this 100 percent for you ShakeNBake?  

I run a youth sports gambling bracket...it's what I do. drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 10:46 am

texassoccer2 wrote:I have heard they will not re-seed..if they do not, I did based on the teams still in...I think this could be the potential bracket based on the 12 teams that dropped out.  Not sure its 100% correct, I did it kind of fast.

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 3 Bracke10

Actually, if they use their historical methodology, which is to create the week 2 brackets based on week 1 bracket finish (technically, this is not 're-seeding'), then the brackets should look as follows:

LHQT Seeding vs FBR Seeding 06APQT - Page 3 _06wee12

We'll see if this is correct or not.  They could choose to swap Sting North and LP Liddell as well.

Last edited by bwgophers on 25/07/16, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 10:49 am

lol, bwG... How do you have enough time to have worked all this sh*t out? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 10:51 am

skiberdad wrote:lol, bwG...  How do you have enough time to have worked all this sh*t out?  Laughing

If you know the system, it doesn't take long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/16, 10:53 am

yeah, but you ahd to work the system out to begin with... or someone had to.... Is there like an old, dusty manual that has been passed down through the years?? Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleFireball 25/07/16, 11:32 am

FYI Solar Red's keeper is Byars fulltime keeper also. And I saw at most 2 players with them so don't think it was a ton of playing time. Probably helped them out having the extra subs in the heat as much as anything.

LittleFireball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next