North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Loading your team for tournaments - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Loading your team for tournaments

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Loading your team for tournaments - Page 2 Empty Re: Loading your team for tournaments

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 12/12/16, 02:52 pm

LP-on-LP crime that's a first.

1.) So called named team was down to 11 players
2.) So called named Coach ask for assistance
3.) So called named players from other team agreed to assist
4.) So called other team parent integrity is not met because assisting players are not comparable to other players playing.... Oh wow! Last I recall, assisting players were dinged age pure.. Great!! Thanks US Soccer for making this happen and taking the integrity out the game.

Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Loading your team for tournaments - Page 2 Empty Re: Loading your team for tournaments

Post by KeeperCommander 12/12/16, 03:45 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:LP-on-LP crime that's a first.

1.) So called named team was down to 11 players
2.) So called named Coach ask for assistance
3.) So called named players from other team agreed to assist
4.) So called other team parent integrity is not met because assisting players are not comparable to other players playing.... Oh wow! Last I recall, assisting players were dinged age pure.. Great!! Thanks US Soccer for making this happen and taking the integrity out the game.
And the hits just keep on coming......

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 13/12/16, 06:06 pm

I think I can help here.

Suck it up cupcake, Sucks to suck, next time wear your big boy pants.

You are welcome affraid affraid Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Razz Razz
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 13/12/16, 06:14 pm

really just kidding. If it was just about your teams development the why do you care. They did you a favor by bringing in better talent for you to compete against. Your kids now know what they are competing against. You don't compete as a team you compete as individuals and against your peers. Your players now get to look at themselves and ask "how do "I" compare against those players." If it's not favorable its time to get to work on improving. or get to complaining.

The reality is it wasn't about development for your team either. You wanted to WIN a tournament and felt cheated because another team brought in RINGERS (your peers). You aren't concerned about their players, team or coach you are concerned about your win. So instead of worrying about blencoe maybe you should ask your coach "why are our kids so far behind those kids?" It's either, athleticism, dedication, talent, or coaching affraid Or maybe a little of all of the above
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 13/12/16, 08:53 pm

go99 wrote:I think I can help here.

You are welcome affraid affraid Shocked Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Razz Razz

Go99 is back!  It just took a few LP insults to draw him out. Those are harder to come by with so few LP teams left.

In any event, I don't always subscribe to Go's and others oft-repeated mantra of "just play who's in front of you."  Sure, you have to. But teams sign up for particular tournaments and divisions expecting to play comparable teams. Yes, that can result in development too. It's also more fun for the girls.  Many girls and teams want to know where they "stand" in the grand scheme of things as well.  Barring unusual circumstances and injuries, I don't understand bringing down better players as guests -particularly for an inconsequential December tourney.   Perhaps they shouldn't have signed up for a tourney if they couldn't field their own team.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 14/12/16, 01:33 am

It usually takes 5 minutes to see if the borrowed players are there to fill out a roster or they are there to win the game.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMutt 14/12/16, 08:35 am

[/quote]

Yes this is actually a LAW in these parts.  A Brit coach, whose team was being soundly trounced this weekend, loudly encouraged one of his kids after a nasty, vicious and cynical tackle from behind.  The opposing coach questioned, "Really? Is that what you want to encourage in 10-year olds?".  His response was something akin to "you people really don't understand the game at all."

[/quote]

Yeah, that was Solar Haylock. He was just mad because his 06s were getting their butts handed to them by some 07s.

TheMutt
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Foley 14/12/16, 09:14 am

Yes this is actually a LAW in these parts.  A Brit coach, whose team was being soundly trounced this weekend, loudly encouraged one of his kids after a nasty, vicious and cynical tackle from behind.  The opposing coach questioned, "Really? Is that what you want to encourage in 10-year olds?".  His response was something akin to "you people really don't understand the game at all."

[/quote]

Yeah, that was Solar Haylock.  He was just mad because his 06s were getting their butts handed to them by some 07s.[/quote]

LOL, those 07s play that way, play the body not the ball. They don't like it when tables turned.
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMutt 14/12/16, 09:46 am

Axel Foley wrote:Yes this is actually a LAW in these parts.  A Brit coach, whose team was being soundly trounced this weekend, loudly encouraged one of his kids after a nasty, vicious and cynical tackle from behind.  The opposing coach questioned, "Really? Is that what you want to encourage in 10-year olds?".  His response was something akin to "you people really don't understand the game at all."

Yeah, that was Solar Haylock.  He was just mad because his 06s were getting their butts handed to them by some 07s.[/quote]

LOL, those 07s play that way, play the body not the ball. They don't like it when tables turned.[/quote]

They don't take girls down from behind because they are frustrated, and their coach certainly doesn't encourage such cowardly plays.

And I do t think any tables were getting turned in a 9-1 game where it was basically keep away in the second half.

TheMutt
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Foley 14/12/16, 10:01 am

TheMutt wrote:
They don't take girls down from behind because they are frustrated

Nice qualifier! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 16/12/16, 09:56 am

ForReal wrote:
go99 wrote:I think I can help here.

Go99 is back!  It just took a few LP insults to draw him out. Those are harder to come by with so few LP teams left.

In any event, I don't always subscribe to Go's and others oft-repeated mantra of "just play who's in front of you."  Sure, you have to. But teams sign up for particular tournaments and divisions expecting to play comparable teams. Yes, that can result in development too. It's also more fun for the girls.  Many girls and teams want to know where they "stand" in the grand scheme of things as well.  Barring unusual circumstances and injuries, I don't understand bringing down better players as guests -particularly for an inconsequential December tourney.   Perhaps they shouldn't have signed up for a tourney if they couldn't field their own team.

ok to be clear I do believe that the levels should be competitive and not a fan of ringers. However just don't come on and pretend you were interested in the good of soccer or concerned about the welfare of the kids on the other team. It was simple you came in to compete and try to win and felt cheated when you were beat by your peers who you weren't expecting to be there. Yes it does suck and in some respects it does ruin what could otherwise be a good tournament.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hersoccerdad 29/12/16, 10:50 am

I've been waiting to get a few replies so I could see if what I was thinking was wrong or right in the eyes of others in the area of soccer. I want to thank those of you that READ my initial post and answered in a professional / helping manner.
Thanks to the FW manager for your professional response and bringing to light (unintentionally) that some folks are on here to just read into things and make drama (we played well against your team, we just let it get away from us. you do have a very good team). To Cleasheets and Zizou, the guess/guest banter was enjoyable (and true). I think I relate to ForReal and db10 the most, although I like to hear other views as well (other than just suck it up}.
For those that maybe misread my initial posts. Yes, we all play and want to win. But that is not the most important issue. I don't mind losing a competitive game. The way the Plano League was set up this year, we won most of our games (not that we're great by no means). Most of the parents on our team were not happy about it at all. We wanted more competition to help us grow (competition whether we win or lose,, not blowouts either way). Hopefully Plano will do a good job of adjusting for the spring season.
A couple of comments that stuck out to me was. "You don't compete as a team, you compete as individuals." That is true to a very small extent. You're on a team sport, you compete as a team. You train to be the best at your position as an individual. You want to compete as an individual there's bowling, golf or tennis.

It's insightful the difference between what a teams record is in league play -vs- tournaments.

As far as if you're told to suck it up. Which seem to be half the responses (even if not exactly with those words). I say, if you're kid played as hard as they could to the end and didn't give up, knowing a team was stacked (and they know) regardless of what the outcome is. That's sucking it up. Sucking it up doesn't mean you can't have and voice some issues you may have. Thanks again for everyone's insight. I know some of you aren't on here much and appreciate the time you take to give a response whether it's in agreement or not. It's all information.

Good luck to everyone in upcoming tournaments (Michael Brown coming up) and the spring league.

Hersoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 29/12/16, 02:45 pm

TheMutt wrote:
They don't take girls down from behind because they are frustrated

Curious..... what reason do they give?

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by justapop 29/12/16, 02:50 pm

It's funny, reading the first post I thought the thread was going to go a different way. I  expected a diatribe on parents who keep their kids on teams where the coach has clearly decided that they aren't as yet competitive enough to play at the level.

My DD was on a team back when she was U10 and wasn't getting much playing time. I knew she was new to club soccer and would have a learning curve. She started getting better and  playing a little more at the end of the season, but it all changed during tournament time. Guest players showed up and her playing time decreased and she actually sat an entire game during a tournament (one in which they were already out of contention). I asked her what the coach said, and she said "nothing". So we went to the next practice extra early and I  went to talk with the coach. He saw me coming and immediately got defensive, I quickly stopped him and told him playing time was completely up to him and that I had no problem with him deciding to sit her. I did have a problem with him not communicating the reasons to her and to me (since she was 9). He said he thought she was a hard worker with a lot of potential, but still needed to develop. I said great, that I was disappointed he hadn't communicated this to us earlier. In fact he would have happily kept her on the team, not playing. I should have recognized earlier and not have let it get to that level. So, she found a team at her level, and has progressed wonderfully in the years since. We even beat her old coach in D1 play during the season.

For every "guest" player there is a player sitting who should start looking for a new coach.

justapop
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapbox_mom 29/12/16, 03:16 pm

justapop wrote:It's funny, reading the first post I thought the thread was going to go a different way. I  expected a diatribe on parents who keep their kids on teams where the coach has clearly decided that they aren't as yet competitive enough to play at the level.

My DD was on a team back when she was U10 and wasn't getting much playing time. I knew she was new to club soccer and would have a learning curve. She started getting better and  playing a little more at the end of the season, but it all changed during tournament time. Guest players showed up and her playing time decreased and she actually sat an entire game during a tournament (one in which they were already out of contention). I asked her what the coach said, and she said "nothing". So we went to the next practice extra early and I  went to talk with the coach. He saw me coming and immediately got defensive, I quickly stopped him and told him playing time was completely up to him and that I had no problem with him deciding to sit her. I did have a problem with him not communicating the reasons to her and to me (since she was 9). He said he thought she was a hard worker with a lot of potential, but still needed to develop. I said great, that I was disappointed he hadn't communicated this to us earlier. In fact he would have happily kept her on the team, not playing. I should have recognized earlier and not have let it get to that level. So, she found a team at her level, and has progressed wonderfully in the years since. We even beat her old coach in D1 play during the season.

For every "guest" player there is a player sitting who should start looking for a new coach.

Was she playing for Liverpool back then?

Soapbox_mom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vikarius_lee 30/12/16, 07:46 am

I remember years ago when my kid played for LP. We played a against a stacked 00 team with a bunch of awesome 01s on it. We lost 1-0 in the championship after a long, hot weekend. Our girls used that as motivation. They felt like they could compete against anyone. We had no problem with it. One goal away from beating an all star team in the other team's home tournament.
Vikarius_lee
Vikarius_lee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 31/12/16, 06:51 pm

justapop wrote:

The truest and most helpful statement in this thread.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum