North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Vote - Biggest Douchebag Coach - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Vote - Biggest Douchebag Coach

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Vote - Biggest Douchebag Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Vote - Biggest Douchebag Coach

Post by Big Ern 21/04/17, 11:54 am

SWINGIT!! wrote:
BigErn wrote:Lakedad --

No release required for these at the current ECNL clubs starting week of May 1 (ECNL/US Club loophole + 'Gentlemen's Agreement' between all of the DOCs) ... and for Girl's DA going forward, I believe tryouts can occur at any time so long as that player isn't rostered at another DA team.  The U13 DA pilot league would differ from U14+ in that there is less travel (TX only for league play + fewer regional/national events) and only 3 training days required per week.

SWINGIT --

From what I've been told directly from those involved in this at multiple clubs, the U13 Girl's DA program will operate independently from the U14 program.  There will be a U15 only division as well before they go to combined age groups for the older kids.

Fireman --

We all know about the old, tired "money grab" stigma that exists when discussing the bigs, but that isn't the case here.  This is about the power struggle between the USSDA and the ECNL.  Both had planned on initiating programs for younger age groups, so when ECNL announced they were going to U13 next year, USSDA followed suit ... simple stuff.  I've been told by Directors at both FCD and Solar, that the USSDA Girl's clubs in TX will form a 'Texas Conference' for league play starting this Fall.
But what about outside activities i.e other sports?

From what I've been told, the USSDA is putting that decision on the clubs.  I know that at FCD, they've made the decision that the kids still in MS (U13, U14 next year) will be permitted to participate in other activities.  However, it's likely (as would be the case in ECNL as well) that if a kid misses training or games due to outside activities, it would likely play a role in their roster status/match time.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Vote - Biggest Douchebag Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Vote - Biggest Douchebag Coach

Post by 5050Ball 21/04/17, 12:52 pm

Yes, the old not mandatory mandatory practice.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 21/04/17, 01:29 pm

So FCD, Texans & Solar are planning on having U13 DA team plus a U13/U14 DA team (the more skilled/stronger U13 players will be on this team).. The lesser U13 DA team will play games against who again? In theory, being on the lesser U13 DA team, you are depending on other DA clubs (Houston, KS & CO) to form lesser U13 teams?!? But since the lesser U13 DA team are not traveling as much who are they playing against again?!? Hearing one of these lesser U13 DA team will play up in LHGCL but then again LHGCL is obsolete for next year to some.

Last edited by Son_ofa_Pitch on 21/04/17, 01:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 21/04/17, 01:32 pm

If Champions League of this past year is any indication, buyer beware.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 21/04/17, 01:33 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:So FCD, Texans & Solar are planning on having U13 DA team plus a U13/U14 DA team (the more skilled/stronger U13 players will be on this team).. The lesser U13 DA team will play games against who again? In theory, being on the lesser U13 DA team, you are depending on other DA clubs (Houston, KS & CO) to form lesser U13 teams?!? But since the lesser U13 DA team is not traveling as much who are they playing against again?!? Hearing one of these lesser U13 DA team will play up in LHGCL but then again LHGCL is obsolete for next year to some.

You don't see the value in those Big 3 teams playing each other 3 times each season?
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 21/04/17, 01:40 pm

The new JDA announcements will be out after you sign the contract. Trust them. This is gonna be great.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/04/17, 01:41 pm

It's not a "DA" team if playing in another league. DA frowns on that. If league/team formed, it is Designed to make players migrate out of non-da clubs. Siren song. DA is not ran by the clubs, hence the "potential" of being better than ECNL. Btw, LW is an awesome coach. I've had a daughter play for him. Lakedad assessment is spot on.

Last edited by fireman1594 on 21/04/17, 01:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I'm older, and smarter.....)

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 21/04/17, 02:16 pm

funny how the topic of this thread circled right on back to the same subject being discussed in all of the other recent threads.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 21/04/17, 02:20 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:funny how the topic of this thread circled right on back to the same subject being discussed in all of the other recent threads.

Lw being a d-bag?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 21/04/17, 02:25 pm

soccerjack wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:funny how the topic of this thread circled right on back to the same subject being discussed in all of the other recent threads.

Lw being a d-bag?
No. DA /ECNL

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/04/17, 02:31 pm

Yep the tread was hijacked by DA deniers and alternative facts. Back to the topic. Did LW piss in nicksmith's cornflakes this morning? Kill his pet bunny? We all know how LW works on his striking technique by kicking bunnies and baby seals (I've heard stories)
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/04/17, 02:42 pm

I will put the DA/ECNL to rest for you. DA will be the top league and ECNL will be a second league. Parents will moan and complain but in the end their big ego will make them put their kids in the "top" league. This argument is tiresome and not even new. You guys are making the same arguments/complaints that happened when the boys came on. It has overall been great for the boys and will be great for womans soccer too.

Now how the DA/ECNL should work (but won't) DA is at its core a developmental league. It serves the purpose of developing a higher level soccer player. It is not for you to say look at me I'm super cool. Not to have the toughest most competive tournaments. Not so you can play EVERYTHING. Not to bend to your own personal needs. It is to develop players period.

ECNL is just a showcase league. It puts together high level showcases to make recruiting easier for colleges. It's not about developing it's about collecting. It really seemed to have replaced the old "travel teams". It is softer and more forgiving to your other activities.

Kids who want to become the best player they can should move to the DA. Kids who want to play competitively but also wants to do other things. Who is really more interested in playing than developing should move to ECNL. One is not better than the other, they serve different needs. They should work together for the benefit of players as their needs and desires change.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 21/04/17, 02:46 pm

Damn...a Go99 siting!! I'm still seeing unicorns from my 4/20 activities!!

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/04/17, 02:54 pm

Awww.... $#!+

Go and I actually agree on something. If that ain't a sign that Trump and Kim Jong Unglued have us heading straight into Armageddon, I don't know what is...

Been nice knowin' all y'all. Too bad none of us will be here to see the DA come to fruition... affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 21/04/17, 02:56 pm

bwgophers wrote:Awww....  $#!+

Go and I actually agree on something.  If that ain't a sign that Trump and Kim Jong Unglued have us heading straight into Armageddon, I don't know what is...

Been nice knowin' all y'all.  Too bad none of us will be here to see the DA come to fruition... affraid

If we survive that we get to go straight into the zombie apocalypse!!

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/04/17, 03:02 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
bwgophers wrote:Awww....  $#!+

Go and I actually agree on something.  If that ain't a sign that Trump and Kim Jong Unglued have us heading straight into Armageddon, I don't know what is...

Been nice knowin' all y'all.  Too bad none of us will be here to see the DA come to fruition... affraid

If we survive that we get to go straight into the zombie apocalypse!!

you might have the greatest name on TXSOCCER
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Vote - Biggest Douchebag Coach - Page 2 Empty Best Coach LW

Post by madsoccer 21/04/17, 05:33 pm

Has your DD ever played for LW? If not you should stick to factual information. My DD has played for LW and yes he is a tough coach. He is the best skills coach out there and he is passionate! He is direct and his interest in in making your DD the best athlete out there. Not many get the chance to play under his direction...only the lucky ones do! My DD has had the opportunity to be trained by the best and that is LW! Again, for anyone out there reading this. Don't rely on hear say information, but factual information.

go99 wrote:Yep the tread was hijacked by DA deniers and alternative facts.  Back to the topic.  Did LW piss in nicksmith's cornflakes this morning? Kill his pet bunny? We all know how LW works on his striking technique by kicking bunnies and baby seals (I've heard stories)

madsoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 21/04/17, 06:43 pm

Methinks, NickSmith is actually LW himself in one of the great PR campaigns designed in NTX Soccer. Alias comes on and hammers him and all his peeps jump in to defend him.

Smooooth.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 21/04/17, 07:26 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:So FCD, Texans & Solar are planning on having U13 DA team plus a U13/U14 DA team (the more skilled/stronger U13 players will be on this team).. The lesser U13 DA team will play games against who again? In theory, being on the lesser U13 DA team, you are depending on other DA clubs (Houston, KS & CO) to form lesser U13 teams?!? But since the lesser U13 DA team are not traveling as much who are they playing against again?!? Hearing one of these lesser U13 DA team will play up in LHGCL but then again LHGCL is obsolete for next year to some.

C'mon SOAP --

The girls are coming up on U15 ... Surely you're not gonna keep hanging on the the bottom rung (LHGCL and NPL) hoping to catch some decent competition and garner a few looks?  

Some fantastic opportunities for those ladies just a rung or two up.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/04/17, 09:20 pm

madsoccer wrote:Has your DD ever played for LW? If not you should stick to factual information.  My DD has played for LW and yes he is a tough coach. He is the best skills coach out there and he is passionate!  He is direct and his interest in in making your DD the best athlete out there.  Not many get the chance to play under his direction...only the lucky ones do!  My DD has had the opportunity to be trained by the best and that is LW!  Again, for anyone out there reading this.  Don't rely on hear say information, but factual information.  

go99 wrote:Yep the tread was hijacked by DA deniers and alternative facts.  Back to the topic.  Did LW piss in nicksmith's cornflakes this morning? Kill his pet bunny? We all know how LW works on his striking technique by kicking bunnies and baby seals (I've heard stories)
If your rebuttal was directed at go99's comment, then my guess is you don't pay much attention on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/04/17, 10:30 pm

BigErn wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:So FCD, Texans & Solar are planning on having U13 DA team plus a U13/U14 DA team (the more skilled/stronger U13 players will be on this team).. The lesser U13 DA team will play games against who again? In theory, being on the lesser U13 DA team, you are depending on other DA clubs (Houston, KS & CO) to form lesser U13 teams?!? But since the lesser U13 DA team are not traveling as much who are they playing against again?!? Hearing one of these lesser U13 DA team will play up in LHGCL but then again LHGCL is obsolete for next year to some.

C'mon SOAP --

The girls are coming up on U15 ... Surely you're not gonna keep hanging on the the bottom rung (LHGCL and NPL) hoping to catch some decent competition and garner a few looks?  

Is it a little hot in here or is it just me
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 21/04/17, 10:55 pm

BigErn wrote:

C'mon SOAP --

Nice deflection.. Personally it was never about ECNL, now DA or even jumping clubs to be considered the establishment to get a leg up. It was all about what my dd wanted to do.  My job is to guide her and provide inputs on those decisions.. So if she pursue to play in the bottom rung (LHGCL, TCL, SRPL & NPL) I will be there to cheer her on. If she decide to make a move, she best be prepared for it.. For some of you its DA/ECNL or bust. I wouldn't suggest jumping off the top of the goal post to commit suicide, would you?
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 21/04/17, 11:44 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
BigErn wrote:

C'mon SOAP --

Nice deflection.. Personally it was never about ECNL, now DA or even jumping clubs to be considered the establishment to get a leg up. It was all about what my dd wanted to do.  My job is to guide her and provide inputs on those decisions.. So if she pursue to play in the bottom rung (LHGCL, TCL, SRPL & NPL) I will be there to cheer her on. If she decide to make a move, she best be prepared for it.. For some of you its DA/ECNL or bust. I wouldn't suggest jumping off the top of the goal post to commit suicide, would you?

Funny thing is, if I think about it, my daughter never asked to do anything but to play soccer, and I bet most of the DD's are the same. It's the parents and the coaches who tell them how they've failed at life by not making ECNL at 12.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 21/04/17, 11:58 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
BigErn wrote:

C'mon SOAP --

Deflection ... What do you think I was deflecting and why would I need to?

If you're referring to the answers to any of your questions here SOAP, I've already provided those earlier in this thread and in other threads over the past week or so.  You could read those or clarify what you think I've deflected and I'll get back to you Sir -

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 22/04/17, 05:49 pm

Big ern claims to be a coach so that's iffy....but what we do know for sure is that he is a d-bag. Numero uno!
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/04/17, 01:40 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:Big ern claims to be a coach so that's iffy....but what we do know for sure is that he is a d-bag. Numero uno!

Former coach foxy and thanks again for your support --

As I've mentioned in the past ... I feel for ya there little lady.  It's understandable how annoying it can be to someone like yourself when people like me come on this forum and simply provide useful information without subjectivity or emotion.  

Ghastly!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next