North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Whats the word on Solar/FCD/Texans DA vs ECNL - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Whats the word on Solar/FCD/Texans DA vs ECNL

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Whats the word on Solar/FCD/Texans DA vs ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: Whats the word on Solar/FCD/Texans DA vs ECNL

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 15/09/17, 10:21 am

Yes, so far ECNL expenses maybe less but over the length of the year, DA will exceed ECNL expenses.  Heck, San Diego alone for most families alone will be more than 4 driving trips.

DA Showcases:
Fall Showcase - Florida,
Spring Showcase - TBD,
Summer Showcase - San Diego

Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Whats the word on Solar/FCD/Texans DA vs ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: Whats the word on Solar/FCD/Texans DA vs ECNL

Post by Guest 15/09/17, 10:24 am

Bingo!

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 15/09/17, 11:07 am

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:Yes, so far ECNL expenses maybe less but over the length of the year, DA will exceed ECNL expenses.  Heck, San Diego alone for most families alone will be more than 4 driving trips.

DA Showcases:
Fall Showcase - Florida,
Spring Showcase - TBD,

Last year for my daughter's U16 ECNL team, local club, they attended 3 showcase events, Phoenix, Orlando, and Houston, as well as the ECNL playoffs/end of year event in Chicago.  That is usually a flight to 3 of these events (drove to Houston) although a few drove to these farther events as well.  Plus 3-4 nights hotel and team meals.
If your team made it to the finals in San Diego, see 02 Solar and 01 FCD, they had an additional last minute trip.

They all also had a 3-4 travel trips to Austin, Houston,and Tulsa for league games, drive there, hotels, food, etc.

This year, the DA schedule looks very similar, and right now shows one or two less major travel showcase/playoff event(s)  A little more league travel to CO and KC, but less major trip(s) should be close to a wash.  From what I hear, the lower club fees vary between Solar, Texans, and FCD, but they are less than ECNL club fees this year or last year at all three clubs.

For the younger age groups, most of these clubs will not be as heavy for travel to the showcase events for ECNL, and I am not sure for DA yet.  Example, U14 ECNL year, my daughter's team did not attend any showcase events.  League travel only, and playoffs at the end of the year if you qualify.  
This has been pretty typical of all the local clubs the last few years.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 15/09/17, 11:23 am

anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:Yes, so far ECNL expenses maybe less but over the length of the year, DA will exceed ECNL expenses.  Heck, San Diego alone for most families alone will be more than 4 driving trips.

DA Showcases:
Fall Showcase - Florida,
Spring Showcase - TBD,

Last year for my daughter's U16 ECNL team, local club, they attended 3 showcase events, Phoenix, Orlando, and Houston, as well as the ECNL playoffs/end of year event in Chicago.  That is usually a flight to 3 of these events (drove to Houston) although a few drove to these farther events as well.  Plus 3-4 nights hotel and team meals.
If your team made it to the finals in San Diego, see 02 Solar and 01 FCD, they had an additional last minute trip.

They all also had a 3-4 travel trips to Austin, Houston,and Tulsa for league games, drive there, hotels, food, etc.

This year, the DA schedule looks very similar, and right now shows one or two less major travel showcase/playoff event(s)  A little more league travel to CO and KC, but less major trip(s) should be close to a wash.  From what I hear, the lower club fees vary between Solar, Texans, and FCD, but they are less than ECNL club fees this year or last year at all three clubs.

For the younger age groups, most of these clubs will not be as heavy for travel to the showcase events for ECNL, and I am not sure for DA yet.  Example, U14 ECNL year, my daughter's team did not attend any showcase events.  League travel only, and playoffs at the end of the year if you qualify.  

Were these Showcases required or optional? From my understanding, there is not opt out for DA Showcases.
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/09/17, 11:38 am

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

DA Showcases:
Fall Showcase - Florida,
Spring Showcase - TBD,

Were these Showcases required or optional? From my understanding, there is not opt out for DA Showcases.

They aren't optional if the club tells you they are attending...

Those 3 are the logical ones for NTX teams to attend as they have the least conflict with HS season. Some of the 6A/5A districts in the area have gone so far as to not schedule any district games on the Friday of the Houston showcase in February.

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 15/09/17, 11:42 am

DA Showcases:
Fall Showcase - Florida,
Spring Showcase - TBD,

Thank you for all good info.

I would like to bring up an issue - For a team younger than U15, doesn't it make any sense to travel 3~4 times a year? That is about $3000~$5000 minimum, for U11/12/13/14?

I know coach's expense is paid by parents, but hello coach, could you consider help to save money for parents? What is the value to play non-competitive tourney in Houston, Austin and Tulsa?

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 15/09/17, 11:45 am

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:

DA Showcases:
Fall Showcase - Florida,
Spring Showcase - TBD,

I think they are optional to some degree, by the coach/club/team/age decision.  There were 5 or 6 ECNL showcase events total, we attended 3.  I think as a member club of ECNL, there is a requirement to attend a minimum # of ECNL events/showcases, etc.  It is likely different per age group.  Our team didn't have an "option", as our coach picked these events for the team to attend.  The club did not have the U14 team attend these same events, too young to be worth the time and money.

I suppose we could have opted out personally from a cost perspective, but then you are missing one of the main reasons to play ECNL, which is playing in front of hundreds of coaches attending these events.  And you are leaving your teammates high and dry for these games.  There were coaches everywhere for these ECNL events, the trick is getting them to your games.  

How will this landscape change over the next few years as DA and ECNL battle it out?  From initial conversations with college coaches and others in the soccer world, it is a little unknown for the first year or two, but most seem to say, "DA is supported by the Federation, so it will eventually win out."  College coaches have limited time and resources, so they will spend most of their time where the majority of the top players are.

Hope this helps.  We have seen some consolidation at the U17 age group from non ECNL clubs to the DA clubs.  However, I'm sure some went the other way too, if they want to play HS, etc.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 15/09/17, 11:52 am

If DA doesn't charge dues it should be cheaper even with the travel. I don't understand.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 15/09/17, 11:55 am

anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:The club did not have the U14 team attend these same events, too young to be worth the time and money.

Totally agree. Your club is good, do you mind to disclose the club? I am going to send my dd there next year :-) .

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 15/09/17, 11:56 am

PowerKick wrote:

DA Showcases:
Fall Showcase - Florida,
Spring Showcase - TBD,

I would like to bring up an issue - For a team younger than U15, doesn't it make any sense to travel 3~4 times a year? That is about $3000~$5000 minimum, for U11/12/13/14?

I know coach's expense is paid by parents, but hello coach, could you consider help to save money for parents? What is the value to play non-competitive tourney in Houston, Austin and Tulsa?

In my opinion, travel to these events for the younger ages does not make sense. Maybe one for fun.

But, we have seen several local U9, U10, U11, etc teams travel multiple times a year to big tourneys. So, how is this any different?

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/09/17, 01:09 pm

PowerKick wrote:

DA Showcases:
Fall Showcase - Florida,
Spring Showcase - TBD,

In my opinion, travel to these events for the younger ages does not make sense.  Maybe one for fun.

But, we have seen several local U9, U10, U11, etc teams travel multiple times a year to big tourneys.  So, how is this any different?

Pretty sure this was discussed ad nauseum in a thread a few months back that PowerKick participated in... For kids that aspire to play in college, there are benefits to learning how to deal with distractions and avoid fatigue while traveling at an early age so that they can "step off the bus ready to take care of business" in showcases and high-level tournaments. There are also great rewards from a personal/life experience standpoint.

However, I would agree that you definitely don't need to travel more than once or twice a year to accomplish this, and unless the team is one of the top 1 or 2 teams in NTX, there likely isn't any need (other than ego) to travel to for the sake of finding competition.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 15/09/17, 01:21 pm

The real question is will DA ever be significantly less dues wise. If the clubs got everyone to pay whatever dues amount minus a $500-$1k discount, why would they ever try and Lower it from there?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SantaFe 15/09/17, 02:11 pm

"... I recently watched an '04 DA team soundly (I use 'soundly' occasionally when the winning team doesn't allow a shot on goal) beat the 1st and 2nd place LH D1 '02 teams. "

Which teams are you referring to? 2016-2017 LHGCL teams 1st and 2nd?

SantaFe
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/09/17, 02:29 pm

soccerjack wrote:The real question is will DA ever be significantly less dues wise.  If the clubs got everyone to pay whatever dues amount minus a $500-$1k discount, why would they ever try and Lower it from there?
I do believe it will become nearly fully funded. Now will it stay that way with a boys and girls side DA? Good question. Clearly it was supposed to be at the onset, but was always told to us parents that inquired it would be fully funded within a couple years. Perhaps the question still lingers which clubs can financially make that happen over the long haul.
Will a fully funded DA drive ECNL to become less expensive?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 15/09/17, 02:52 pm

SantaFe wrote:

"... I recently watched an '04 DA team soundly (I use 'soundly' occasionally when the winning team doesn't allow a shot on goal) beat the 1st and 2nd place LH D1 '02 teams.  "

Which teams are you referring to?  2016-2017 LHGCL teams 1st and 2nd?  

Solar Nazier and Sparta.  Could be wrong but I thought I saw/heard that those two were 1-2 in '02 LH D1 with only 1 loss combined all last year.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 15/09/17, 04:22 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
soccerjack wrote:The real question is will DA ever be significantly less dues wise.  If the clubs got everyone to pay whatever dues amount minus a $500-$1k discount, why would they ever try and Lower it from there?
I do believe it will become nearly fully funded.  Now will it stay that way with a boys and girls side DA?  Good question.  Clearly it was supposed to be at the onset, but was always told to us parents that inquired it would be fully funded within a couple years.  Perhaps the question still lingers which clubs can financially make that happen over the long haul.  

You may be right but Greed usually trumps development on the macro level of club soccer and a precedent has been set....I'd put my money on the knuckleheads keeping their hands out....little embezzlement here and there some coach hanky panky on the road.....pretty much soccer as usual....except with way more development and the biggest kids in each age group.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 15/09/17, 04:34 pm

soccerjack wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
I do believe it will become nearly fully funded.  Now will it stay that way with a boys and girls side DA?  Good question.  Clearly it was supposed to be at the onset, but was always told to us parents that inquired it would be fully funded within a couple years.  Perhaps the question still lingers which clubs can financially make that happen over the long haul.  

You may be right but Greed usually trumps development on the macro level of club soccer and a precedent has been set....I'd put my money on the knuckleheads keeping their hands out....little embezzlement here and there some coach hanky panky on the road.....pretty much soccer as usual....except with way more development and the biggest kids in each age group.

Shucks jack -- The absurd amount of negativity directed towards an entity you have no experience with, and clearly little knowledge of, is becoming borderline pathetic Neutral

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 15/09/17, 04:57 pm

BigErn wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Shucks jack -- The absurd amount of negativity directed towards an entity you have no experience with, and clearly little knowledge of, is becoming borderline pathetic Neutral

Not really e. Pretty obvious a bunch of knuckleheads are over most of soccer. I know rational business decisions probably fly by you pretty easily. Kind of like the English in GB. They're kind of clueless and let their overblown egos make them look like an arse. That's why the Irish, scots and welsh can't stand them. Don't be an Englishman ern.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 15/09/17, 05:46 pm

soccerjack wrote:
BigErn wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Not really e. Pretty obvious a bunch of knuckleheads are over most of soccer. I know rational business decisions probably fly by you pretty easily.  Kind of like the English in GB. They're kind of clueless and let their overblown egos make them look like an arse. That's why the Irish, scots and welsh can't stand them. Don't be an Englishman ern.

Thanks again jack ...

All of those on this board that know me will find this ^ especially hilarious.

Happy Friday!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 10/10/17, 08:00 pm

Any way you slice and dice this comparison is a lot less pocket change for the slots in Vegas. Someone not happy at home while the other is working the streets.

Nothin but a hound dog!

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Philo Beddoe 11/10/17, 09:34 pm

Medicine Man wrote:Any way you slice and dice this comparison is a lot less pocket change for the slots in Vegas. Someone not happy at home while the other is working the streets.

Nothin but a hound dog!

Right turn Clyde

Philo Beddoe
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3