North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/Grapevine09/05/24, 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLE09/05/24, 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule - Page 3 Empty Re: Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule

Post by SoccerMatador 05/07/17, 11:21 pm

Fireman1594 has disappeared. SoccerMatador has slayed the B.S'er. His new user might be "WhinerMan"

Just a hint! It's not always the coaches fault!

Matador out! Back to trolling and laughing at some of the nuttiest parents NTX has to offer!

SoccerMatador
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule - Page 3 Empty Re: Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule

Post by HomeStretch 06/07/17, 10:01 am

No dog in this fight but hard to see your complaint zizou. It's not like tatu's reputation is not widely known. People know what they are signing up for and parents should know if they have the type of kid who can excel in that environment. Some kids thrive, and others were sting lifers but switched to other clubs when they got of age because the kid knew they wanted no parts of tatu.

I'd have more sympathy if a coach's behavior and approach was radically different from the public perception. Those are the types parents need to be warned about. Tatu is tatu. Hard nosed coach...been at it a long time...sting, us club and ecnl fully approved.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 06/07/17, 10:26 am

Yes, not so worried about my DD. It's the 7-9 other girls that were brutally damaged throughout the season. I would not consider some of his coaching style as hard nose but bullying tactics that have no place in the women's game.

I hope you are wrong that Sting and US Soccer approve.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 06/07/17, 10:42 am

Zizou wrote:Yes, not so worried about my DD. It's the 7-9 other girls that were brutally damaged throughout the season. I would not consider some of his coaching style as hard nose but bullying tactics that have no place in the women's game.

Current leadership in the womens game of USSF definitely does not approve...several have explicitly listed this as one of the reasons they wanted a different environment (DA) for top players. ecnl/lavers/us club/sting is a different story.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rollstogether 06/07/17, 03:15 pm

Zizou wrote:Yes, not so worried about my DD. It's the 7-9 other girls that were brutally damaged throughout the season. I would not consider some of his coaching style as hard nose but bullying tactics that have no place in the women's game.

You have used words such as verbal abuse, brutally damaged and horror so the real question is why are you not worried about your dd? As the parent and steward for your player, her development and psyche going forward should be at the forefront of your thoughts and concerns not the other 7-8 players you speak of that did not ask for you to step in and be their voice in a dog-fight of your making.

We all have been at this a long time and you sound like a parent screaming at a ref as if they are going to stop the game and suddenly realize the errors of their ways and reverse the call because you deemed it so from the sideline.... Really?!

Sometimes, you have to chalk it up to "my bad" and stop taking on the victim role. Heaven forbid, we take any ownership to dysfunctional dynamics in a relationship! Trust me, it's a two-way street! I get it.... "Buyer Beware".

Bully synonyms: persecute, tyrannize, browbeat, harass, torment, dominate......... hmmmmmmmm? Self-reflection may be in order.

Again, it sounds like you have moved your player to greener pastures. Hope that the experience and journey make up for this past season. After all, it's just a blip in the game film.... onward and upward!

rollstogether
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 06/07/17, 03:52 pm

Upward !!!

Tatu's Sting 00' & 01' ECNL Open Tryout Schedule - Page 3 Hero_upward_soccer

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildone 06/07/17, 11:55 pm

I have no dog in this fight, but it does seem inappropriate to hijack this coaches thread where he is offering tryouts to potential ECNL candidates.  There was already a post in another thread on this site about this guy so just let him recruit and if any parents feel their girls have the tough skin for this guy and are willing to risk $10K for it, then let them.  Anyone who commits that kind of money without getting to know the coach and sitting with that coach for at least an hour or 2 and INTERVIEWING HIM is off their rocker.  If the guy crosses the line with your daughter, then as fathers we have to do what fathers do to protect our children.  I'll leave that up to everyone to interpret.
Wildone
Wildone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 07/07/17, 07:53 am

Wildone wrote:I have no dog in this fight, but it does seem inappropriate to hijack this coaches thread where he is offering tryouts to potential ECNL candidates.  There was already a post in another thread on this site about this guy so just let him recruit and if any parents feel their girls have the tough skin for this guy and are willing to risk $10K for it, then let them.  Anyone who commits that kind of money without getting to know the coach and sitting with that coach for at least an hour or 2 and INTERVIEWING HIM is off their rocker.  If the guy crosses the line with your daughter, then as fathers we have to do what fathers do to protect our children.  I'll leave that up to everyone to interpret.
I don't think any coach will sit down with every new player/and parents to interviewed for an hour or two. First I don't think this to be necessary. Second those types of flaws will not typically come out in those types of interviews. You want to find the right fit? Do your homework but if you made a mistake then just move on. The coach has just as much right to not chose your DD as you have to not chose them.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 07/07/17, 08:09 am

Imagine a coach spending a full hour with parents that didn't involve free drinks at the hotel bar
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 07/07/17, 10:19 am

Quite sure that even after this thread his roster will be full. It does go to show that results trump attitude.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FroZone 07/07/17, 12:47 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:Quite sure that even after this thread his roster will be full. It does go to show that results trump attitude.

FWIW 90% of both rosters that played in Champions League at ECNL Nationals in Chicago 2 weeks ago are returning for next year.
FroZone
FroZone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nolanryan 07/07/17, 01:31 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
Wildone wrote:I have no dog in this fight, but it does seem inappropriate to hijack this coaches thread where he is offering tryouts to potential ECNL candidates.  There was already a post in another thread on this site about this guy so just let him recruit and if any parents feel their girls have the tough skin for this guy and are willing to risk $10K for it, then let them.  Anyone who commits that kind of money without getting to know the coach and sitting with that coach for at least an hour or 2 and INTERVIEWING HIM is off their rocker.  If the guy crosses the line with your daughter, then as fathers we have to do what fathers do to protect our children.  I'll leave that up to everyone to interpret.
I don't think any coach will sit down with every new player/and parents to interviewed for an hour or two. First I don't think this to be necessary. Second those types of flaws will not typically come out in those types of interviews. You want to find the right fit? Do your homework but if you made a mistake then just move on. The coach has just as much right to not chose your DD as you have to not chose them.

Maybe or maybe not.  My DD's current coach met with me for over an hour at a Starbucks 3 years ago to learn about my kid's goals and to articulate what he envisioned for her and how he would get her there.  I don't see why we as parents would not want to get to know a coach somewhat before we commit 3-4 days per week of our kids lives to them for the next year.  In my view, if a coach isn't willing to be interviewed (after all, we are the customer), then they don't get that asset that they are looking to add. But I get it, to some parents, they may not be interested in that either.
nolanryan
nolanryan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 07/07/17, 02:28 pm

nolanryan wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Maybe or maybe not.  My DD's current coach met with me for over an hour at a Starbucks 3 years ago to learn about my kid's goals and to articulate what he envisioned for her and how he would get her there.  I don't see why we as parents would not want to get to know a coach somewhat before we commit 3-4 days per week of our kids lives to them for the next year.  In my view, if a coach isn't willing to be interviewed (after all, we are the customer), then they don't get that asset that they are looking to add.  But I get it, to some parents, they may not be interested in that either.  

Good point my dds coach took me out for drinks to learn more about her...then he even slept with me afterwards. He put the time in.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/07/17, 02:47 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
Good point my dds coach took me out for drinks to learn more about her...then he even slept with me afterwards.

Well, at least now we know why she's a bench player...

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 07/07/17, 03:16 pm

nolanryan wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Maybe or maybe not.  My DD's current coach met with me for over an hour at a Starbucks 3 years ago to learn about my kid's goals and to articulate what he envisioned for her and how he would get her there.  I don't see why we as parents would not want to get to know a coach somewhat before we commit 3-4 days per week of our kids lives to them for the next year.  In my view, if a coach isn't willing to be interviewed (after all, we are the customer), then they don't get that asset that they are looking to add.  But I get it, to some parents, they may not be interested in that either.  
Lets back up a touch. I fully understand what you are trying to say and there isn't anything wrong with it, to a point. I agree that a coach that you know and understand his goals and coaching philosophy is a great plus. You don't want felons or drug dealers coaching your kids either. To say that coach should sit down and be interviewed for a couple hours is absurd. I say that to say this. What if you came home to find out that coach called wanted to sit down with you for interview but only it was you that was going to be interviewed? He wanted to know what he was getting himself into. You know are you the type that coaches from the sidelines, tells your DD that they are better than others and should be starting or just calls the coach at every bad pass to butch. Would you be ok with that. Or would you say man I don't have time for this.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/07/17, 03:24 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
nolanryan wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Lets back up a touch. I fully understand what you are trying to say and there isn't anything wrong with it, to a point. I agree that a coach that you know and understand his goals and coaching philosophy is a great plus. You don't want felons or drug dealers coaching your kids either. To say that coach should sit down and be interviewed for a couple hours is absurd. I say that to say this. What if you came home to find out that coach called wanted to sit down with you for interview but only it was you that was going to be interviewed?  He wanted to know what he was getting himself into. You know are you the type that coaches from the sidelines, tells your DD that they are better than others and should be starting or just calls the coach at every bad pass to butch. Would you be ok with that. Or would you say man I don't have time for this.

If the coach was paying me $3k for the year + covering my travel expenses, I might consider it... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 07/07/17, 03:55 pm

bwgophers wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
nolanryan wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Lets back up a touch. I fully understand what you are trying to say and there isn't anything wrong with it, to a point. I agree that a coach that you know and understand his goals and coaching philosophy is a great plus. You don't want felons or drug dealers coaching your kids either. To say that coach should sit down and be interviewed for a couple hours is absurd. I say that to say this. What if you came home to find out that coach called wanted to sit down with you for interview but only it was you that was going to be interviewed?  He wanted to know what he was getting himself into. You know are you the type that coaches from the sidelines, tells your DD that they are better than others and should be starting or just calls the coach at every bad pass to butch. Would you be ok with that. Or would you say man I don't have time for this.

If the coach was paying me $3k for the year + covering my travel expenses, I might consider it... Very Happy

My dd plays for free but I do pick up the travel expenses. Which isn't bad because I stay in the coaches room for free.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerguru 08/07/17, 12:17 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
nolanryan wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

I don't understand why so many people are surprised by this approach.  If you plan on investing a lot of money on a new car you probably will research it, test drive it and also check out the reputation of the dealership because there are still plenty of shady dealers out there.  They don't get you on price, but they get you on trade/hard sell in the finance office, etc.  So if you are going to put your kid into a program where you spend $3,000 in base fees and she spends 300-400 hours a year with you spending half of that on a soccer program, I challenge all parents to answer HOW COULD YOU NOT  demand at least a couple of hours of that coach's time to see if it is the right investment of time and money for the next year, 2 or 3?   And yes, the coach then gets to find out about you the parent to see if that is the right fit for him.  If the coach is not willing to do that, then you know the coach is just looking for money to bring into the big (or small) club and could not care less about the player and their growth.  That makes the decision to join that club an easy one.  

The last 2 teams my DD played on, the coach and I met separately for at least an hour each time and, yes, the coach got to ask character based questions about both my daughter and I.  Invest some time in you children my friends.  If you make a poor choice it can really set you kids back some.
soccerguru
soccerguru
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 08/07/17, 04:26 pm

soccerguru wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
nolanryan wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

I don't understand why so many people are surprised by this approach.  If you plan on investing a lot of money on a new car you probably will research it, test drive it and also check out the reputation of the dealership because there are still plenty of shady dealers out there.  They don't get you on price, but they get you on trade/hard sell in the finance office, etc.  So if you are going to put your kid into a program where you spend $3,000 in base fees and she spends 300-400 hours a year with you spending half of that on a soccer program, I challenge all parents to answer HOW COULD YOU NOT  demand at least a couple of hours of that coach's time to see if it is the right investment of time and money for the next year, 2 or 3?   And yes, the coach then gets to find out about you the parent to see if that is the right fit for him.  If the coach is not willing to do that, then you know the coach is just looking for money to bring into the big (or small) club and could not care less about the player and their growth.  That makes the decision to join that club an easy one.  

The last 2 teams my DD played on, the coach and I met separately for at least an hour each time and, yes, the coach got to ask character based questions about both my daughter and I.  Invest some time in you children my friends.  If you make a poor choice it can really set you kids back some.

Were you intimate with him? That's probably the best way to see into someone's soul.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 08/07/17, 04:43 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
soccerguru wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
nolanryan wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Were you intimate with him?  That's probably the best way to see into someone's soul.
Intimate and interview. These are very distinct and different words. You should prob look them up. One gets your DD on the team. The other gets your DD a scholarship.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 08/07/17, 08:29 pm

You're missing the point. Sleeping with the coach gets my dd on the team for free with free lessons and preferential treatment to get her a scholarship. No need to interview the coach after the deed is done. Maybe you're going about it the wrong way.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 08/07/17, 08:49 pm

There is no doubt YOU have it figured out. Be sure to save some tricks for DA "tryouts".

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 08/07/17, 09:00 pm

I've already taken care of a DA spot for her for next year. Got that handled last week...if you know what I mean. I'm going to enjoy the current coach this year though. We are both very satisfied if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Foxysoccermom on 09/07/17, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 09/07/17, 08:50 am

Tatu was at sting before KM was hired, he is good at teaching soccer but is no doubt abusive with many of his girls, everyone who has ever been on his team knows it. It was acceptable 10 yrs ago but in todays environment I am surprised parents still accept it, and I am surprised sting still allows it, however if sting fired him he would show up at another club the next day. Most parents look the other way bc he coaches Sting's top teams and they see that as an avenue to college - and that's their choice. If you can't handle hearing your dd being abused by a coach, or are surprised when she refuses to go to practice, or you don't want her to tell you she hates soccer, then he's not for you. If you can turn a blind eye to it all then you have a pretty decent chance of your dd playing college soccer.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 09/07/17, 09:04 am

I am getting a little lost. Is he yelling and cussing at the girls that they suck and are fat or is he berating them they can't do what he thinks they should. Not that there is a difference mind you, just curious.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdivahmom22 09/07/17, 11:29 am

This thread has turned into pure comedy!

soccerdivahmom22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next