North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 TryoutsYesterday at 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGORYesterday at 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/GrapevineYesterday at 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLEYesterday at 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DA Composite Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

DA Composite

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DA Composite Empty DA Composite

Post by Medicine Man 18/11/17, 06:48 am

With DA Composite and 2 teams in play. Will ECNL be happy with the third helpings from those clubs. I expect more kids to come out next year across the board. I do agree that the Big 3 from the foundation have the numbers to support this new league long term. What happens to the non DA clubs over the next few years. I see a big pool of everybody else.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

DA Composite Empty Re: DA Composite

Post by KeeperCommander 19/11/17, 12:22 pm

Medicine Man wrote:With DA Composite and 2 teams in play. Will ECNL be happy with the third helpings from those clubs. I expect more kids to come out next year across the board. I do agree that the Big 3 from the foundation have the numbers to support this new league long term. What happens to the non DA clubs over the next few years. I see a big pool of everybody else.
Take a look at the DA clubs. They don’t have two good teams.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 19/11/17, 07:20 pm

KC it's a good buzz word it souunded good. Go with it.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/11/17, 08:26 pm

I’m pretty sure the DA composite teams will make it much easier for players to move up and down from the top team. It will definitely be popular with those players on the bubble to have direct access to DA. Yes medicine man it will also create a money grab situation the sales pitch being “you also can play DA”

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 19/11/17, 11:45 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
Medicine Man wrote:With DA Composite and 2 teams in play. Will ECNL be happy with the third helpings from those clubs. I expect more kids to come out next year across the board. I do agree that the Big 3 from the foundation have the numbers to support this new league long term. What happens to the non DA clubs over the next few years. I see a big pool of everybody else.
Take a look at the DA clubs. They don’t have two good teams.

While this is mostly accurate, it's still purty rich coming from you KC -- Surely you're not inferring that DFeeters (or Sting for that matter) have 2 strong teams per age group.  Surely?

I believe the aim of the Big 3, whether it be with the DA/ECNL or a DA/DA2 model, is to consolidate the widespread regional talent ... Which absolutely includes the talent currently at DFeeters, Sting, etc.  Why wouldn't that talent eventually come over?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/11/17, 06:11 am

You DA guys like facts,  so I was just providing you with the like. It is notably apparent that the powerhouse DA clubs do not have two powerhouse teams. It was clever that you decided to deflect away from that in your response and bring up why wouldn’t that talent eventually come over. You are speaking in the future tense. I was speaking in the present tense, so what does or does not happen later is completely irrelevant.
But I get it, the DA clubs second teams are probably “pilot” good teams and should not have to follow the same good team guidelines.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/11/17, 08:01 am

KeeperCommander wrote:You DA guys like facts,  so I was just providing you with the like. It is notably apparent that the powerhouse DA clubs do not have two powerhouse teams. It was clever that you decided to deflect away from that in your response and bring up why wouldn’t that talent eventually come over. You are speaking in the future tense. I was speaking in the present tense, so what does or does not happen later is completely irrelevant.

Hmmm ...

Was I deflecting or agreeing?  

And was it irrelevant, or did the question present a perfect chance for you to argue that, 'It won't be my kid' Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 20/11/17, 08:24 am

Okay the future, DA composite will be sold the same way ECNL did theirs. You want a shot at the top composite is the way to get their. Less than two years from now USSF will have taken over the womens game. It is very similiar to ECNL plan the past 3 years.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 20/11/17, 08:31 am

The boys DA Composite teams they have had for years are all awesome!

AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/11/17, 08:33 am

Zizou wrote:Okay the future, DA composite will be sold the same way ECNL did theirs. You want a shot at the top composite is the way to get their. Less than two years from now USSF will have taken over the womens game. It is very similiar to ECNL plan the past 3 years.
Very true. However you can sell it as the next Alaskan Gold Rush, doesn’t matter because you will be pulling most players from the teams that couldn’t compete with the non DA clubs in ECNL now.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/11/17, 08:35 am

BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:You DA guys like facts,  so I was just providing you with the like. It is notably apparent that the powerhouse DA clubs do not have two powerhouse teams. It was clever that you decided to deflect away from that in your response and bring up why wouldn’t that talent eventually come over. You are speaking in the future tense. I was speaking in the present tense, so what does or does not happen later is completely irrelevant.

Hmmm ...

And was it irrelevant, or did the question present a perfect chance for you to argue that, 'It won't be my kid' Wink
I have never said it would never be my kid, anymore than I have ever said it will. Just bringing up points to statements made on here. Case in point being the ones that state they have the most talent or are the most talented, plus I like to argue. Clubs the size of the DA 3 should be able to field several teams in each age div to compete with the rest. But we have found that to be incorrect. Don’t bring up the past because the past had nothing to do with the now meaning DA. Of course I guess with FCD (no team higher in ECNL standings than 7th) or Solar (avg is 4th) and Texans (slightly lower than 6th) I would expect the DA clubs to be looking for excuses too.
However it is also purity rich for one to infer that all of an areas top talent would go to 3 clubs. More an improbability. This is fun say something else.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/11/17, 09:16 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Hmmm ...

I have never said it would never be my kid, anymore than I have ever said it will.  Just bringing up points to statements made on here. Case in point being the ones that state they have the most talent or are the most talented, plus I like to argue.  Clubs the size of the DA 3 should be able to field several teams in each age div to compete with the rest.  But we have found that to be incorrect.  Don’t bring up the past because the past had nothing to do with the now meaning DA.  Of course I guess with FCD (no team higher in ECNL standings than 7th) or Solar (avg is 4th) and Texans (slightly lower than 6th) I would expect the DA clubs to be looking for excuses too.
However it is also purity rich for one to infer that all of an areas top talent would go to 3 clubs.  More an improbability.  This is fun say something else.

Sure KC ... I'll oblige, but the real fun would've come from you taking advantage of the opportunity I presented in asking that question --

I know you don't know because you haven't seen Wink, but if you had it'd be tough to argue that the GDA hasn't absorbed the majority of U13-U17 talent in NTX.  While I do acknowledge that your kid's team is great ... have watched or played against them many times over the past couple of years ... I think those U13 ECNL standings would look a bit different if you all had to face the top talent at Solar, FCD or Lonestar for that matter.   Even more so in the U14+ groups.

Clubs the size of the Big 3 do in fact field several teams in each groups ... FCD for example have 50+ teams playing in the groups under and feeding into the upcoming year's ECNL or DA programs.  And yes, the majority of those teams are not very strong.  This is mostly because there are too many kids that should be playing at the recreational level and have parents that think otherwise, but is also a lot to do with kids and parents that do like being told they aren't at the level to play on the top teams.  In many cases, these kids end up at D'Feeters or Sting (didn't throw in LP because you don't want to talk about the past).

I agree that it is improbable that all talent will go to the Big 3, just think that consolidation is best for the 'big picture' in NTX.  And we must try to keep in mind that the GDA has only been around a matter of weeks ... haven't even completed one half of it's first season.  Still a bit premature to have "found" anything "to be incorrect".

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 20/11/17, 09:20 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:Okay the future, DA composite will be sold the same way ECNL did theirs. You want a shot at the top composite is the way to get their. Less than two years from now USSF will have taken over the womens game. It is very similiar to ECNL plan the past 3 years.
Very true.  However you can sell it as the next Alaskan Gold Rush, doesn’t matter because you will be pulling most players from the teams that couldn’t compete with the non DA clubs in ECNL now.  

Top players will gravitate to the top division. Top want a be players will also gravitate with the chance to play at the top. NTX parents and players have followed the exact pattern for ages. If it shiny and new it must be the place to be.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/11/17, 09:29 am

BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Hmmm ...

I have never said it would never be my kid, anymore than I have ever said it will.  Just bringing up points to statements made on here. Case in point being the ones that state they have the most talent or are the most talented, plus I like to argue.  Clubs the size of the DA 3 should be able to field several teams in each age div to compete with the rest.  But we have found that to be incorrect.  Don’t bring up the past because the past had nothing to do with the now meaning DA.  Of course I guess with FCD (no team higher in ECNL standings than 7th) or Solar (avg is 4th) and Texans (slightly lower than 6th) I would expect the DA clubs to be looking for excuses too.
However it is also purity rich for one to infer that all of an areas top talent would go to 3 clubs.  More an improbability.  This is fun say something else.

Sure KC ... I'll oblige, but the real fun would've come from you taking advantage of the opportunity I presented in asking that question --

I know you don't know because you haven't seen Wink, but if you had it'd be tough to argue that the GDA hasn't absorbed the majority of U13-U17 talent in NTX.  While I do acknowledge that your kid's team is great ... have watched or played against them many times over the past couple of years ... I think those U13 ECNL standings would look a bit different if you all had to face the top talent at Solar, FCD or Lonestar for that matter.   Even more so in the U14+ groups.
Is this not my very point. I am not speaking of the top playing the top. More so this years Big 3 non DA players trying to compete against those that are not in the DA. Should they not be able to compete with them if they are to be DA Composite.

Clubs the size of the Big 3 do in fact field several teams in each groups ... FCD for example have 50+ teams playing in the groups under and feeding into the upcoming year's ECNL or DA programs.  And yes, the majority of those teams are not very strong.  This is mostly because there are too many kids that should be playing at the recreational level and have parents that think otherwise, but is also a lot to do with kids and parents that do like being told they aren't at the level to play on the top teams.  In many cases, these kids end up at D'Feeters or Sting (didn't throw in LP because you don't want to talk about the past).

I agree that it is improbable that all talent will go to the Big 3, just think that consolidation is best for the 'big picture' in NTX.  And we must try to keep in mind that the GDA has only been around a matter of weeks ... haven't even completed one half of it's first season.  Still a bit premature to have "found" anything "to be incorrect".
If a club can not consolidate all its talent together at a club level then it becomes even more improbable that it can be consolidated at a regional level.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/11/17, 11:10 am

BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Hmmm ...

Remind me again what that question was.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/11/17, 11:23 am

You mean the one that you've referenced a couple times this morning?  Sure ...

Why wouldn't that talent eventually come over?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 20/11/17, 12:05 pm

BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Hmmm ...

I can maybe agree that consolidation might be good for the national stage, where NTX would be well represented by that consolidation of talent. However from an individual standpoint I'm not so sure. Maybe it's not a good analogy, but think of all the talented kids in the Allen or Southlake Carroll football programs that will never see the light of day unless they move out of district. If you are in Allen's starting lineup, then life is grand, if you are 3 deep back and still very talented, then what do you do? Move to Forney?
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/11/17, 12:06 pm

BigErn wrote:You mean the one that you've referenced a couple times this morning?  Sure ...

Ah ha. That question. Yes we have touched on that haven’t we.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/11/17, 12:11 pm

In my opinion consolidation to a degree can help but can also become a detriment. Putting all your eggs in one basket can come back to haunt you.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/11/17, 12:29 pm

RightWingDad wrote:
BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Hmmm ...

I can maybe agree that consolidation might be good for the national stage, where NTX would be well represented by that consolidation of talent. However from an individual standpoint I'm not so sure. Maybe it's not a good analogy, but think of all the talented kids in the Allen or Southlake Carroll football programs that will never see the light of day unless they move out of district. If you are in Allen's starting lineup, then life is grand, if you are 3 deep back and still very talented, then what do you do? Move to Forney?

Agreed and I think that's a fantastic analogy Rightwing --

I also think having 6 elite teams (whether that be DA/ECNL or DA/DA2) per age group is plenty fine.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/11/17, 12:30 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:In my opinion consolidation to a degree can help but can also become a detriment.  Putting all your eggs in one basket can come back to haunt you.  

How bout in 3 baskets?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/11/17, 12:33 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:You mean the one that you've referenced a couple times this morning?  Sure ...

Maybe you forgot this part ...

"but the real fun would've come from you taking advantage of the opportunity I presented in asking that question"

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 20/11/17, 12:40 pm

In less than a year there has been a huge shift. It won't be any different than ECNL. I suspect it will take a similar process. The question will be is ECNL valuable to the DA clubs. I suspect not.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/11/17, 01:28 pm

BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:In my opinion consolidation to a degree can help but can also become a detriment.  Putting all your eggs in one basket can come back to haunt you.  

How bout in 3 baskets?
Still one big DA basket. This statement is not an argument against DA by the way.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/11/17, 01:30 pm

BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

Maybe you forgot this part ...

"but the real fun would've come from you taking advantage of the opportunity I presented in asking that question"
This is where it started spinning and spiraling out of control.  What?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next