North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Let's Get it Started 2009s! Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Let's Get it Started 2009s!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Let's Get it Started 2009s! Empty Let's Get it Started 2009s!

Post by Coterminous 21/05/18, 02:20 pm

It's been crickets since the forums were merged. It is actually embarrassing how little fist pumping, chest thumping, and crazy rankings there has been. So after the Next Generation half-Cup tournament, lets get it started. Give your answers from the past weekend:

• Best Possession team: ??
    Best Kick and Run Team:??
    Craziest Parents:??
    Team that the punched above their weight: ??
    Most disappointing performance:??

Or just post some crazy stories about some crazy coach or bad referee.

Interesting tidbit is I heard an entire sideline of parents got thrown out of a game. True?

Coterminous
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Let's Get it Started 2009s! Empty Re: Let's Get it Started 2009s!

Post by 09Baller 21/05/18, 04:01 pm

Best possession team: Allegiance....They struggled this weekend without a keeper. I think the only other team that actually attempts possession is City FC...I didn't get to see Santos play...Most other teams string together 2, maybe 3 passes than boot it.. Which leads to...

Best Kick and Run team: FC Dallas Academy(by Far) it is sad that they play that style because they have a lot of skilled players. But it seems they pass the ball twice then boot to forward....Every time.

09Baller
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coterminous 21/05/18, 04:29 pm

09Baller

Sounds like FCD doesn't think they have good players as you say they do. If they always play kick and run with their forward, it is probably because they don't trust those players or the coaches can't coach any other style. Either way its sad for parents who are banking that being at FCD this early will be able to be politically leveraged into a DA spot.

Coterminous
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Golaso09 21/05/18, 05:08 pm

Let’s see where to start

Allegiance was a disappointment loosing 2 -0f 3 in pool play
For the most part possesd really well
But no finishers on this team when going against top teams

Fc Dallas academy red loosing to a NTX United just shows you that team can be beat and shut down
Not so impressed by this super team

Fc warriors were really just victims but some teams must learn that they just can’t hang with the big dogs with their small clubs

Fc dallas RGV would have liked to see them in semis to see how they would do but really there was no competition in there bracket

NTX Santos only one good team they played and one was Solar 09 pre Da
The rest was recreational teams can’t say I’m impressed yet

Solar 09 pre Da in pool play did great but again against
NTX Santos they ran out of fuel

Dallas Texans south what looked promising ended in disaster for them against fc dallas academy red and how did they tie the Valencia team 2-2 who won no games against the other opponents that Texans defeated idk what happened there

São Paulo after crowned iber cup champs they can’t win big games and everyone said they were top teams maybe they need the referees back on their side

City fc sports Looks like when all the kids from São Paulo aren’t there things are not the same for them

NTX United over achieved going undefeated with unknown talents

Next generation under achieved with , poor managing
in tournament from scheduling and last minute changes and last but not least weather monitoring

The other teams are not worth my time typing

Golaso09
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Balleralert 21/05/18, 05:13 pm

I didnt see many teams play possession so it just sounds like baller09 has it against fcd. I'm surprised with ntx United, seems like they overachieved this tournament. DTS had ftw tigeres players not sure why they keep using so many guest players. Some of these teams seem to have easy group play. So hard to really judge. There were a couple of scores that seemed way out of hand, like 21 to 0. Overall decent tourney but not evenly matched in group play.

Balleralert
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 09Baller 21/05/18, 05:22 pm

Balleralert wrote:I didnt see many teams play possession so it just sounds like baller09 has it against fcd. I'm surprised with ntx United, seems like they overachieved this tournament. DTS had ftw tigeres players not sure why they keep using so many guest players. Some of these teams seem to have easy group play. So hard to really judge. There were a couple of scores that seemed way out of hand,  like 21 to 0. Overall decent tourney but not evenly matched in group play.

That is the point... There are not a lot of teams in North Texas that play possession. I have no issues with FCD. My kid has played with some of their players at one time. They have some really skilled players. But I just don't like their style of pass twice and boot to forward.

09Baller
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 09Baller 21/05/18, 05:28 pm

Golaso09 wrote:Let’s see where to start

Allegiance was a disappointment loosing 2 -0f 3 in pool play
For the most part possesd really well
But no finishers on this team when going against top teams

Fc Dallas academy red loosing to a NTX United  just shows you that team can be beat and shut down
Not so impressed by this super team

Fc warriors were really just victims but some teams must learn that they just can’t hang with the big dogs with their small clubs

Fc dallas RGV would have liked to see them in semis to see how they would do but really there was no competition in there bracket

NTX Santos only one good team they played and one was Solar 09 pre Da
The rest was  recreational teams can’t say I’m impressed yet

Solar 09 pre Da in pool play did great but again against
NTX Santos they ran out of fuel

Dallas Texans south  what looked promising ended in disaster for them against fc dallas academy red and how did they tie the Valencia team 2-2 who won no games against the other opponents that Texans defeated idk what happened there

São Paulo after crowned iber cup champs they can’t win big games and everyone said they were top teams maybe they need the referees back on their side

City fc sports  Looks like when all the kids from São Paulo aren’t there things are not the same for them

NTX United over achieved going undefeated with unknown talents

Next generation under achieved with , poor managing
in tournament from scheduling and last minute changes and last but not least weather monitoring

Only 2 players from Santos play on City FC..But they are really good players.

The other teams are not worth my time typing

Only 2 players from Santos play on City FC..But they are really good players.

On the point about finishers.  These are 8 and 9 year olds.....I have only seen 2 top finishers in the 09 age group. One plays for FCD Academy, the other plays for Allegiance. I'm not counting players taking free kicks, or players who can take a rolling ball and boot from distance.  I am talking about players that have skill will the ball at their feet and can finish....

Last edited by 09Baller on 21/05/18, 07:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

09Baller
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coterminous 21/05/18, 05:42 pm

Golaso09

I'll give you NTX United overachieved. How did Solar run out of steam? Didn't they both play 3 games - 1 Friday 2 Sat? Sounds like excuses to me. I don't have time for that. I heard Santos dominated that game.

DTS is a mess. I expect they will become more and more irrelevant as time goes on given the exodus by the Adames Bros.

Sao Paulo's Iber win was an aberration (even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometime) and past 3 tournaments have shown it. But hey keep kicking and running because you never know.

Coterminous
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Golaso09 21/05/18, 07:27 pm

Solar played more competition than NTX santos really
The scores from santos don’t show any signs of domination against silver level recreational teams

And I agree with you about DTS always depending on guest players for the wins and still fall short

And now that you mentioned tigeres I wondered y they didn’t sign up for this tournament I know they were the iber cup favorite to win it all until they lost to fc dallas Adrain

Golaso09
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NtxDad101 22/05/18, 09:58 am

Golaso,
What are you talking about Santos scores from this weekend 7-3, 9-0, 10-1 and 4-1 vs Solar seems like they dominated vs "silver teams"

I dont think is fair to say Fcd doesnt at least try to play possesion giving the circumstance of having high pressure. Heck, the pros boom the ball with the slightest pressure, I dont have a problem with 9 yr olds doing it. Id like to see you guys on your heels and try not to give up a goal.

How did Untied over achieve? They have been right in the mix as of late. In the last meeting vs FCD they lost 0-1 with a bunch of "unknown players".

NtxDad101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 09Baller 22/05/18, 10:27 am

NtxDad101 wrote:Golaso,
What are you talking about Santos scores from this weekend 7-3, 9-0, 10-1 and 4-1 vs Solar seems like they dominated vs "silver teams"

I dont think is fair to say Fcd doesnt at least try to play possesion giving the circumstance of having high pressure. Heck, the pros boom the ball with the slightest pressure, I dont have a problem with 9 yr olds doing it. Id like to see you guys on your heels and try not to give up a goal.

How did Untied over achieve? They have been right in the mix as of late. In the last meeting vs FCD they lost 0-1 with a bunch of "unknown players".

The pros overseas do not boom the ball with the slightest pressure. They pass the ball. I'm not saying pros don't play long ball... But all pros can handle the ball under pressure.

Teams like Allegiance have coaches that understand at this age the kids will lose the ball, and give up goals. That's why the coach doesn't focus on winning at this age. It is a more difficult style of soccer, than what is taught by most coaches. The coaches feel It's bettter the player learns how to handle the ball in pressure, and give up goals now, then later not have that skill.

The only issue is us parents who want win now....I have to remind myself of this every tournament.

09Baller
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NtxDad101 22/05/18, 11:20 am

The 9 year olds here handle the ball well under pressure as well. Not only on Alligence but across the top 09 teams. Quit bashing our kids, and support them.

NtxDad101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Golaso09 22/05/18, 11:25 am

Are you saying the best coach is allegiance coach when it comes down to development

Really disagree on allegiance having a top finisher because other than the match against fc warriors they were limited to 4 goals agains fc Dallas and NTX United

Golaso09
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 09Baller 22/05/18, 12:06 pm

Golaso09 wrote:Are you saying the best coach is allegiance coach when it comes down to development

Really disagree on allegiance having a top finisher because other than the match against fc warriors they were limited to 4 goals agains fc Dallas and NTX United

Golaso09 -There are topics/post on the 07 board and the 09 board, that talk about the best development coaches. Pedro is normally at or near the top of that list.

This weekend Allegiance did not finish, however, one of their top finishers is their center mid, who has been focusing on distributing the ball. That has been the focus all season; keeping the ball. Not really scoring. The coach develops different then other coaches. For most of the year the players were suppressing their instinct to just go score, and are trying to move the ball instead. Now they move the ball so coach is encouraging them to attack, and score more. It's a process. Through the process, kick ball is not allowed. Win or lose.

FCD has the best finisher in the 09 Group, but they only scored 1 goal against NTX United. i don't think you can go by goals/Wins or loses at this age.

09Baller
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NtxDad101 22/05/18, 12:26 pm

If thats what you like to tell yourself to make you feel better, fine. I highly doubt Pedro tells his boys not to score giving the 22 goals they scored vs the other team. The objective is to score and win, it be by 1 pass or 10.

NtxDad101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 46&2 22/05/18, 12:35 pm

Coterminous wrote:09Baller

Sounds like FCD doesn't think they have good players as you say they do. If they always play kick and run with their forward, it is probably because they don't trust those players or the coaches can't coach any other style. Either way its sad for parents who are banking that being at FCD this early will be able to be politically leveraged into a DA spot.

With 2 DA teams at each of the Big 3 at u12, DA spots are not going to difficult to come by.
46&2
46&2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 09Baller 22/05/18, 12:41 pm

NtxDad101 wrote:The 9 year olds here handle the ball well under pressure as well. Not only on Alligence but across the top 09 teams. Quit bashing our kids, and support them.

The issue is not the kids, its the COACHING...If your are being COACHED to boot the ball every time there is pressure. Or in a lot of cases COACHED to boot before the pressure comes, that's an issue for me. That is not a kids issue....It's a COACHING issue.

Kids do what they are told to do.

09Baller
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Golaso09 22/05/18, 01:10 pm

Fc Dallas depends to much on there one forward to predictable what’s the point on having talent on that team when they all play to one player. Is this what fc dallas has to offer

Allegiance doesn’t have the talent no matter how much of a great coach he is style of play looks great and all but will always fall short due to lack of talent on that team really don’t think that team will last long parents on that team want to win ,

Golaso09
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 09Baller 22/05/18, 01:25 pm

Golaso09 wrote:Fc Dallas depends to much on there one  forward to predictable what’s the point on having talent on that team when they all play to one player. Is this what fc dallas has to offer

Allegiance doesn’t have the talent no matter how  much of a great coach he is style of play looks great and all but will always fall short due to lack of talent on that team really don’t think that team will last long parents on that team want to win ,

Ok. I was taking you seriously. I guess that ends.

What team does your BB play for? Your kid must have never played Allegiance. It seems that you are just looking at scores.

Doesn't have the talent compared to what team?

09Baller
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by justasoccerdad101 22/05/18, 04:42 pm

Based off of teams that made it to quarterfinals...

NTX United beat some tough teams in their group to finish 3-0, very intense team.

FCD RGV also finished 3-0 but seemed to have some huge overage kids.

NTX Santos was in the easiest group and didn't even have to lift a finger to beat the teams in their group.

DTS beat tigres and bayou but somehow tied valencia? Inconsistent team?

Solar PreDA seemed to good at times then appeared to also struggle a alot.

FCD Fernandez solid team but way to undersized. Struggled vs RGV size in quarterfinal.

FCD JR Academy finished as a wildcard after losing to united. Solid team but not using all their talent.

Lobos F.C. finished as a wildcard after losing to RGV. Lost 3-1 to united. Pretty good showing from a team know one knows.

justasoccerdad101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tahoe08SoccerMom 23/05/18, 06:44 am

Allegiance team definitely plays beautiful possession soccer. So many kick ball teams out there. Pedro hands down an excellent coach, we are attending his camp!

Btw, what’s up with Elite United FC trophy hunting in silver this weekend? Thought they were a gold team.

Tahoe08SoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JukusHakeem 23/05/18, 02:33 pm

I had to go back and check the title on this topic-

Was thinking it should have been:

"Allegiance is the best and the Rest play kick ball" -
Baller- relax- it is '09 soccer! Anyone who claims to know so much about all the other teams needs to get a life anyways! We all see you lurking at the fields- too easy to spot you!
It still amazes me that people that have been in soccer for 3-4 yrs now know everything about it and how the progression of game should be coached and at what age. It is good team- but when a team goes around DFW telling everyone they are best and no one in NTX can beat them- well you know happens! Stay Humble.

Lots of good teams- Several good coaches- lots of good players in the 09 group- that can dribble, pass, and finish!

Craziest Parents- Tigres! Hands down! Coach Included!
Possession- No one really has a true lead on this. Several working on playing the ball out of the back and wide. Should see this get better in the fall as soccer IQ improves.
Disappointment- Texan Densk- he had really aggressive team-struggled lately
-Sao Palo - Some said they were #1 after Iber- nothing but "L's" since - will boys stay or leave?
Surprised- United FC - Showed up out of nowhere-
Consistent- FCD Gonzales- Blasted teams 2 weeks ago - and played well in Iber
Over rated- FCD Academy- Heard they really haven't had any sessions as team, still trying to put team together-

JukusHakeem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz!!Santos 23/05/18, 02:36 pm

First post, #Sorrynotsorry...Lets remind ourselves the boys are ONLY 8/9 years old !! My son plays for NTX Santos...he worked his butt off this past weekend, please don't discredit him and his teammates for the teams they played against. They took advantage of their playing time and used it to make awesome plays. (no kick ball )  Every bracket had one or two easy teams, so no excuses please. Sorry if they didn't meet your expectations of dominating!
My post is really to vent about how disappointed I am in parents,coaches and some managers from past few tournaments that we have played.
As parents/coaches we need to be more cautious of what we yell on the sidelines.
They are children ! (I'm going to start handing out blood pressure meds to some of you !) Our kids are young, we should be teaching them good sportsmanship. This IS a small soccer world and our kids will be playing against/with each other for years to come. Not too sure how you guys enjoy ranking these poor kids after every tournament. In my opinion they all did an awesome job running in this Texas heat !

Liz!!Santos
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 09Baller 23/05/18, 03:16 pm

JukusHakeem wrote:I had to go back and check the title on this topic-

Was thinking it should have been:

"Allegiance is the best and the Rest play kick ball"  -
Baller- relax- it is '09 soccer! Anyone who claims to know so much about all the other teams needs to get a life anyways! We all see you lurking at the fields- too easy to spot you!
It still amazes me that people that have been in soccer for 3-4 yrs  now know everything about it and how  the progression of game should be coached and at what age. It is good team- but when a team goes around DFW telling everyone they are best and no one in NTX can beat them- well you know happens! Stay Humble.

Lots of good teams- Several good coaches- lots of good players in the 09 group- that can dribble, pass, and finish!

Craziest Parents- Tigres! Hands down! Coach Included!
Possession- No one really has a true lead on this. Several working on playing the ball out of the back and wide. Should see this get better in the fall as soccer IQ improves.
Disappointment- Texan Densk- he had really aggressive team-struggled lately
                       -Sao Palo - Some said they were #1 after Iber- nothing but "L's" since - will boys stay or leave?
Surprised- United FC - Showed up out of nowhere-  
Consistent- FCD Gonzales- Blasted teams 2 weeks ago - and played well in Iber
Over rated- FCD Academy- Heard they really haven't had any sessions as team, still trying to put team together-

No one said Allegiance was the best... Was simply talking about style.. And how wins and losses don't matter at this age...I also never talked badly about players/kids. Not like the person who said Allegiance has no talent.

But go ahead and change what I said, if it makes you fell better.

09Baller
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Balleralert 23/05/18, 03:38 pm

If they had a choice teams would have taken the Santos route , no fault of theirs but they seemed to have more accessible teams. The more impressive team in this tourney has to be ntx United, to get out of the group against those teams has to be impressive. Allegiance, at times plays nice but results lately haven't been there. Alot of real good teams out there which is a good thing going forward.

Balleralert
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next