North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

The Wakeland red card dance  - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

The Wakeland red card dance

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Wakeland red card dance  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Wakeland red card dance

Post by mlwfrisco 05/04/19, 09:07 pm

Great season for the ladies! Wish good luck to the HP team as they go forward.

mlwfrisco
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mlwfrisco 05/04/19, 09:30 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
wazup wrote:Fact.  Couldn't win their own District.

Fact.  WERE State Champs.

Fact.  Not this year.

Fact.  You literally couldn't make yourself look like anymore of an ass  Shocked

BTW ... I did see the game.  HP were just better in my opinion.

From a stats stand point Wakeland had more posession and more shots.  From a decision point and deserving to win based of play when it mattered I give the edge to HP.

For some reason Wazup might be a person from the Frisco district champs.  Not sure but if you are you deserved the championship.  They earned it on the field.  On your way up though it's improtant not to step on folks on the way.

Nope, he’s a butt hurt dad from a Frisco school that didn’t even make the playoffs.

mlwfrisco
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/04/19, 10:03 pm

I’ll say again. I have never seen any soccer game, that means more to the players than High School playoff games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 06/04/19, 07:10 am

In your soccer universe that may make since, but Phoenix show case day three vs Surf for the number one ranking in the nation was pretty darn meaningful.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 06/04/19, 07:18 am

https://youtu.be/B5LYjFdQUPg

Watch the game and hear the 500 folks there and get a feel of the match.  My kid got taken on a necessary foul when beaten.  Do I consider it a dirty play.  Not at all no intent to injure so wazup by your score posting I need to say congrats to your side in the OT win.  Do you have video of the game I would love to see the match

Last edited by Marvelousmar on 06/04/19, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 06/04/19, 09:58 am

Zizou wrote:In your soccer universe that may make since, but Phoenix show case day three vs Surf for the number one ranking in the nation was pretty darn meaningful.

Boy that sounds like a lot more fun. Playing a title game 1000 miles from home with none of your friends you hang out with there in a league most don’t know anything about. At least the trainers were there to cheer them on.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 06/04/19, 11:30 am

Add 50+ college coaches and two US national team scouts.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 06/04/19, 12:04 pm

Zizou wrote:Add 50+ college coaches and two US national team scouts.

That makes it a lot better LaVar.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 06/04/19, 01:40 pm

Yeah figures that you wouldn’t understand. Good Luck!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 06/04/19, 02:07 pm

Ohhh foxy understands LaVar....you cut someone’s post about HS soccer and their universe. Foxy’s got her eye on you. Better not see any zizou cleats floating around on the pitch.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 07/04/19, 05:19 pm

I believe this has some video from earlier in the season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIcfv3rtccU

I like how a couple Wakeland dads limit "dirty" to an outright "intent to injure".  How about simply a reckless disregard for the safety of others on the field?

And given BigEgo's assessment that Wakeland's lack of dirty play is apparently defined by  "nary a red card this season that we can recall", the attached contains no dirty play.

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern. 07/04/19, 06:55 pm

Wazup wazup.

Always looking for something to hate on. That video isn’t wakeland you scoundrel. What’s sad is it looked like good physical soccer, which you’ve never seen apparently.

Have great week everyone.

Big Ern.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 07/04/19, 07:59 pm

Big Ern. wrote:Wazup wazup.

Always looking for something to hate on. That video isn’t wakeland you scoundrel. What’s sad is it looked like good physical soccer, which you’ve never seen apparently.

I posted the video of the game expecting Wazup to take the time to watch the game that was hard fought physical by both sides there were moments by both teams that was aggressive play but it would take you taking off some goggles of hate for the team for some unknown reason. (That would take some energy and effort so I should have known better)

Do I like the style of play I see in high-school matches it's a little too physical for my liking (a lot of teams a lot more physical then Wakeland from watching all their games this season are they the least phyiscal team no but far from being the most physical team in our district) but so is girls soccer around the North Texas. To call a team dirty that isn't leading in yellow cards, or fouls or anything that general is a sign of an over aggressive or dirty team. A stat that can be based on the season not on one game. It's a real simple think wazup use facts to support your argument rather that emotion. There is 80 minutes above of teams fighting for their lives and point out moments that you would consider dirty by both teams. Mention the time of the play so folks could review. Then post your team's video of their last game against Wakeland since you should have some video evidence to support your position. Then we could do a compare an contrast. If you are unable to do that I think it's time for you to move on from your hate of a girls highschool team and look to expending that energy on supporting your DD's team if they are still in the playoffs. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 07/04/19, 09:56 pm

Quality of play was good on both sides, good match. Last minute technical error by defender and keeper leads to 2-1 victory.

We owe it to these ladies to be respectful of their game.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 08/04/19, 08:16 am

Marvelousmar wrote:
Big Ern. wrote:Wazup wazup.

I posted the video of the game expecting Wazup to take the time to watch the game that was hard fought physical by both sides there were moments by both teams that was aggressive play but it would take you taking off some goggles of hate for the team for some unknown reason.  (That would take some energy and effort so I should have known better)

Do I like the style of play I see in high-school matches it's a little too physical for my liking (a lot of teams a lot more physical then Wakeland from watching all their games this season are they the least phyiscal team no but far from being the most physical team in our district)  but so is girls soccer around the North Texas.  To call a team dirty that isn't leading in yellow cards, or fouls or anything that general is a sign of an over aggressive or dirty team.  A stat that can be based on the season not on one game.  It's a real simple think wazup use facts  to support your argument rather that emotion.  There is 80 minutes above of teams fighting for their lives and point out moments that you would consider dirty by both teams.  Mention the time of the play so folks could review.  Then post your team's video of their last game against Wakeland since you should have some video evidence to support your position.  Then we could do a compare an contrast.  If you are unable to do that I think it's time for you to move on from your hate of a girls highschool team and look to expending that energy on supporting your DD's team if they are still in the playoffs.   Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

You were offended at me calling out a team that, in my (and others) opinion, plays dirty, but now you want me to call out specific girls for dirty play?  You are a bigger ass than I am!

Then you say we should evaluate the season, not one game . . . while asking me to asses one game?  Laughing

You and your "facts" and your "king" maker friends are only validating the claims of a team with obnoxious parents.  Winning with grace and humility . . . a lesson that could be learned by both parents and players.  (Maybe it's Karma, but when Varsity players treat the JV team like lepers . . .)

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 08/04/19, 08:53 am

Wazup I shouldn't even respond to you. Like a human being because it seems necessary for you to name call as you seem to struggle with the concept of communicating with human beings. During the HP game which is very similar to other games as I attended every Wakeland game I could show you many others if you would like but again I know you wouldn't as it's easier for you to attack kids. Soccer my friend is a contact sport it happens. During the match above my kid is taking on a player Ghosts her and is about to head to goal. The HP player beaten does a football move and trips her high up the pitch. Do I scream and complain and cry about how dirty a play it is no. My kid gets up asks to be brought to the sideline and comes back in and plays the final 10 minutes with one shoulder trying to will her team to the win and with 2:30 left has a chance to provide that makes a mistake in my opinion by not continuing her dribble but tries to find a cross to Gracie at the top of the box.

For those that say this doesn't mean anything to the girls watch the emotion after HP scores and the Wakeland players after the loss. Watch my kid play with one arm for the final 10 minutes. She is out for 4-6 weeks from the play as a result of a busted shoulder. I know. For the fella they call Waxup he is going to call it Karma. Again for a guy that has no clue at all about the game. For me it's been a tough year I'll never get to officially coach my kid again but at least I got to witness her play with heart fight through pain in the game that has been a part of her life since she first saw the ball 18 years ago. Praying for a speedy recovery as she gets the blessing to go on and play the beautiful game in College.

So sir or Ms. I think you need to work on understanding the simple thing about this game it's a game played by kids and yes it's physical some kids more then others. I have been involved in this game for 40 years. I have seen it all. I have had my kid called the N word, I have seen kids take out her ankles because they get frustrated with her speed, I have seen kids push her in the back, punch her in the gut. Has she gotten up set sure, has she ever done something on the pitch that I would be upset at her about. Yes but having gone what she has had to endure to play a game it's something my friend who needs a little perspective will never understand. Again I'll take the high road and wish for and Independence HP match that would be a treat to watch. I'll hope that what ever seems to have you all upset about a High-school girls team is resolved some day. You seem to have some anger issues that can not be resolved via a forum and should seek to get some professional help to deal with the desire to beat up teenage girls and their parents.

Hope you have a good week sir or Ms.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas 08/04/19, 09:03 am

I watched the game video. No dd in the match. Overall, I thought it was a very evenly matched game that could have gone either way. I thought Wakeland was very physical and the ref let some very physical fouls go that he should have whistled. In one case, the assistant ref was one foot directly in front of an obvious aggressive foul, but nothing. However, if the ref isn't going to blow his whistle on hard, physical fouls, then why would the girls not play that way? In this game, it was the ref who should be blamed for the hard fouls I saw. He enabled it by not calling many of them.
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 08/04/19, 09:09 am

ProDallas wrote:I watched the game video. No dd in the match. Overall, I thought it was a very evenly matched game that could have gone either way. I thought Wakeland was very physical and the ref let some very physical fouls go that he should have whistled. In one case, the assistant ref was one foot directly in front of an obvious aggressive foul, but nothing. However, if the ref isn't going to blow his whistle on hard, physical fouls, then why would the girls not play that way? In this game, it was the ref who should be blamed for the hard fouls I saw. He enabled it by not calling many of them.

Trust me I agree that the ref let the game get more physical then it should have been.  That's not really on the girls.  I was commenting through most of the game I don't know why he swallowed his whistle but that's how he choose to officiate and the girls on both sides needed to adjust.  

I have to apologize to Independence for thinking Wazup was from there I found the school his child goes to.  Good school I really enjoyed the games they played against Wakeland this year and you guys had your moments.   The school is not even a natural rival so I am still a little confused about the hate.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas 08/04/19, 09:16 am

Tough fought battle that all the girls on both teams should be proud of. Seemed it would go to OT and shoot out again like last year. Sorry your dd got hurt on that trip. Seemed to be a tactical foul because she was about to get in behind the defense and she is dangerous on the ball, no doubt. It's a shame she hurt her shoulder so bad from the fall. Best of luck to her and all the girls as they move on to their next opportunities.
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 08/04/19, 09:32 am

ProDallas wrote:Tough fought battle that all the girls on both teams should be proud of. Seemed it would go to OT and shoot out again like last year. Sorry your dd got hurt on that trip. Seemed to be a tactical foul because she was about to get in behind the defense and she is dangerous on the ball, no doubt. It's a shame she hurt her shoulder so bad from the fall. Best of luck to her and all the girls as they move on to their next opportunities.

It was a tactical foul. Parents screamed for a red. I told them nah yellow and smart foul. Parents hate me on the sideline because I call it like I see it. I try to watch the game without parent goggles. Thanks for the spirits she will need it. Plus the knucklehead was running with me on the weekends. I was starting to get back in shape I lost 14 pounds this year. Now I got to find the motivation to do it on my own..... Oh the painnnnn
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern. 08/04/19, 11:34 am

You good sir are mawwvelous.

Your observation of the game and foul are spot on, I couldn’t agree more. Too many parents and peeps on this board have no idea how soccer should be played and get offended when it’s explained to them.

I also like the fact that you wear parental goggles to stay neutral. I usually wear beer goggles to the wakeland games Hoping to make the moms look better.

Keep on keepin on.

Last edited by Big Ern. on 08/04/19, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Big Ern.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 08/04/19, 11:35 am

Big Ern. wrote:You good sir are mawwvelous.

Your observation of the game and foul are spot on, I couldn’t agree more. Too many parents and peeps on this board have no idea how soccer should be played and get offended when it’s explained to them.

I also like the fact that you wear parental goggles to stay neutral. I usually wear beer goggles to the wakeland games To help make the moms look better.

Keep on keepin on.

With all that money you would think some would buy a treadmill or at least get on one.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 08/04/19, 12:27 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:Wazup I shouldn't even respond to you.  Like a human being because it seems necessary for you to name call as you seem to struggle with the concept of communicating with human beings.  During the HP game which is very similar to other games as I attended every Wakeland game I could show you many others if you would like but again I know you wouldn't as it's easier for you to attack kids.  Soccer my friend is a contact sport it happens.  During the match above my kid is taking on a player Ghosts her and is about to head to goal.  The HP player beaten does a football move and trips her high up the pitch.  Do I scream and complain and cry about how dirty a play it is no.  My kid gets up asks to be brought to the sideline and comes back in and plays the final 10 minutes with one shoulder trying to will her team to the win and with 2:30 left has a chance to provide that makes a mistake in my opinion by not continuing her dribble but tries to find a cross to Gracie at the top of the box.  

For those that say this doesn't mean anything to the girls watch the emotion after HP scores and the Wakeland players after the loss.  Watch my kid play with one arm for the final 10 minutes.  She is out for 4-6 weeks from the play as a result of a busted shoulder.  I know.  For the fella they call Waxup he is going to call it Karma.  Again for a guy that has no clue at all about the game.  For me it's been a tough year I'll never get to officially coach my kid again but at least I got to witness her play with heart fight through pain in the game that has been a part of her life since she first saw the ball 18 years ago.  Praying for a speedy recovery as she gets the blessing to go on and play the beautiful game in College.  

So sir or Ms.  I think you need to work on understanding the simple thing about this game it's a game played by kids and yes it's physical some kids more then others.  I have been involved in this game for 40 years.  I have seen it all.  I have had my kid called the N word, I have seen kids take out her ankles because they get frustrated with her speed, I have seen kids push her in the back, punch her in the gut.  Has she gotten up set sure, has she ever done something on the pitch that I would be upset at her about.  Yes but having gone what she has had to endure to play a game it's something my friend who needs a little perspective will never understand.  Again I'll take the high road and wish for and Independence HP match that would be a treat to watch. I'll hope that what ever seems to have you all upset about a High-school girls team is resolved some day.  You seem to have some anger issues that can not be resolved via a forum and should seek to get some professional help to deal with the desire to beat up teenage girls and their parents.  

Hope you have a good week sir or Ms.  

Cry us a river.  You come on here talking about all the challenges your daughter has faced.  You think in your little bubble that other kids don't face challenges to play?  How about the challenges of those parents who can't afford select soccer in NTx?  Even for those who do, how about those who can't afford additional coaching, skills, camps, etc?   

You think your kid is the only one tripped, punched, shoved in the back, cursed at, hair pulled, kicked, etc.?  Don't see anyone else on here detailing their sob story.  Racism is uncalled for - as is the rest of the nonsense.  Kudos to her for playing through the pain and injury - many kids do it every year but I don't see their posts.

You would think, with the challenges a number of these girls face, that the Varsity team would want a greater sense of family within the program.  Apparently not.  Ask your daughter how they treated the JV team?  Do you think telling them they don't have the right to talk to Varsity, that they are not good enough or haven't earned it, or need to walk behind them builds camaraderie?  Maybe some new student leadership next season will change things.

And obnoxious Wakeland parents screaming for the red?  Don't think that really surprised anyone.  Laughing

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 08/04/19, 12:44 pm

Well wazup I only posted as a proud dad for my kid getting up after being knocked down not looking for sympathy at all. I have always told my kid if someone knocks you down you get back up. I asked my kid about how they treat the JV girls before the year started as I expect her to act different as a senior then those before her. Wazup girls can be mean, that's a fact of life. I know you hate facts. I also realized through this conversation that a parent can be obsessed with teenage girls when he feels his daughter was wronged or a friend of his was wronged so if that has occurred to you or your DD on behalf of the 75033 I would say that was wrong.

Bro I don't know where on earth you are coming from about attacking me about a little bubble. I worked hard to get where I am at in life don't live in a bubble (they pop way too easy sir) maybe you should put all your negative energy into positive forces. You would be surprised how much better you would feel. I know there are folks that struggle with happy thoughts maybe you are one of them.

This too shall pass wishing you all the best sir.

At least we agree on one thing racism being uncalled for. FIFA is still trying to solve that problem all these years later.
Wishing you peace and love sir not war and hate.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 08/04/19, 12:48 pm

It's been way too long since I had a good fun conversation on the message board. ( I thought the 00 board was done) Thanks wazup. You have brought up so many memories of the times in the past and the desire to build a thread to more then 4 pages. Oh those were the days.

It's been a blast but I guess it's time to go back reality as I have grown tired of this topic. You try to talk civilly to people and when they can't respond with a civil response I have to accept the fact that there is no need to waste any more energy. Marvelous out...
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 08/04/19, 12:55 pm

"girls can be mean, that's a fact of life" - the excuse of those who refuse to acknowledge that not ALL girls (or teams) act that way

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next