North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Looks like the cost of playing in DPL this year just went up - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Looks like the cost of playing in DPL this year just went up

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Looks like the cost of playing in DPL this year just went up - Page 2 Empty Re: Looks like the cost of playing in DPL this year just went up

Post by Guest 06/06/19, 04:29 pm

Defender_Dad wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:No FDL/DPL or ECRL parent is on this board asking for anybody to donate to their kids soccer fund. If those parents want to spend the money they earned by getting up everyday and going to work on THEIR kids playing in whatever alphabet league there is, isn't that their business?  And yes my kid does play in one of them.

I've said this before.  If you have the disposable income and are cool with spending the money it takes for your kid to play in such a league, and your kid is happy, then great.  More power to you.

Just don't give me any BS spiel about needing to play in such a league because you need the competition, or because you are getting any kind of tangible college recruiting benefit or value from being in one of those leagues.

My kid played in one of those leagues.  Luckily, we only had to spend money on a couple of car trips to Houston and Austin.  The competition was no better than when she played in LHGCL and never saw a single college coach at one of the league matches.  Her college exposure came from showcases and attending camps.

Nowhere did I mention anything about level of competition. The point is, stop worrying about where folks spend the money they work hard for. IT'S THEIR'S, NOT YOURS OR ANYBODY ELSE'S. If we needed money advice, this forum certainly wouldn't be the place to get it.

I'll say it again, if you've got the disposable income and you're cool with spending it on your kid to play in any of these leagues, then more power to you.  Enjoy it!  

I was lucky enough to never have to limit what league my kid played in.  I'll also admit and point out the situations when I wasn't getting value for my money.  Unfortunately, there are many who don't have our luxury and from where I'm sitting, the market is moving in the wrong direction based on questionable premises, so I'm going to point that out.

Now, when I said "just don't give me any BS about competition or college recruiting", I actually was speaking in general terms, not directly at you.  My bad for poor context.  I meant to refer to the fact that there are many clubs, coaches, and team managers on here touting/selling DPL, ECRL, NPL directly or indirectly based on competition and college recruiting. Here's just 1 example - http://www.txsoccer.net/t42866-dallas-texans-05g-fdl-college-exposure . I'm referring in general to the BS of this sales pitch, and stating that there is a model that would present much better value to the NTX market.

As I've also said, I unfortunately don't expect the parents to band together and f orce a change to the trend through their pocketbooks.  I expect many like you and I will continue to spend our disposable income as we see fit and will end up perpetuating the current model.  

But there's always hope. Wink

Back to top Go down

Looks like the cost of playing in DPL this year just went up - Page 2 Empty Re: Looks like the cost of playing in DPL this year just went up

Post by Defender_Dad 06/06/19, 05:27 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:No FDL/DPL or ECRL parent is on this board asking for anybody to donate to their kids soccer fund. If those parents want to spend the money they earned by getting up everyday and going to work on THEIR kids playing in whatever alphabet league there is, isn't that their business?  And yes my kid does play in one of them.

I've said this before.  If you have the disposable income and are cool with spending the money it takes for your kid to play in such a league, and your kid is happy, then great.  More power to you.

Just don't give me any BS spiel about needing to play in such a league because you need the competition, or because you are getting any kind of tangible college recruiting benefit or value from being in one of those leagues.

My kid played in one of those leagues.  Luckily, we only had to spend money on a couple of car trips to Houston and Austin.  The competition was no better than when she played in LHGCL and never saw a single college coach at one of the league matches.  Her college exposure came from showcases and attending camps.

Nowhere did I mention anything about level of competition. The point is, stop worrying about where folks spend the money they work hard for. IT'S THEIR'S, NOT YOURS OR ANYBODY ELSE'S. If we needed money advice, this forum certainly wouldn't be the place to get it.

I'll say it again, if you've got the disposable income and you're cool with spending it on your kid to play in any of these leagues, then more power to you.  Enjoy it!  

I was lucky enough to never have to limit what league my kid played in.  I'll also admit and point out the situations when I wasn't getting value for my money.  Unfortunately, there are many who don't have our luxury and from where I'm sitting, the market is moving in the wrong direction based on questionable premises, so I'm going to point that out.

Now, when I said "just don't give me any BS about competition or college recruiting", I actually was speaking in general terms, not directly at you.  My bad for poor context.  I meant to refer to the fact that there are many clubs, coaches, and team managers on here touting/selling DPL, ECRL, NPL directly or indirectly based on competition and college recruiting. Here's just 1 example - http://www.txsoccer.net/t42866-dallas-texans-05g-fdl-college-exposure . I'm referring in general to the BS of this sales pitch, and stating that there is a model that would present much better value to the NTX market.

As I've also said, I unfortunately don't expect the parents to band together and f orce a change to the trend through their pocketbooks.  I expect many like you and I will continue to spend our disposable income as we see fit and will end up perpetuating the current model.  

But there's always hope. Wink

I get what you're saying and didn't mean to jump off at you directly. It's just that some come on here as if they know all and it just seems to me that they are telling all that they are stupid for "wasting" their money on their kid. I'm just saying, if I got it, it's my business what I do with it. Maybe, I'm reading more into it than what's there.
Defender_Dad
Defender_Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shivas 06/06/19, 08:03 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Tanner wrote:Well Texans have current FDL team that went to the finals in state cup and added Texans Central team which finished #2 in Lake Highlands D1. Solars current FDL (Rodriguez) team finished #2 in FDL and they added Solar Rundell which finished #3 in Lake highlands D1. FC Dallas Premier finished #3 in FDL, no idea who their second team will be. Lonestar FDL finished #1 in FDL and Houston Dash finished #4 in FDL. No idea about their second teams.

I would imagine Lonestars #2 team and both Colorado clubs will field good teams.

Basically 2 of the top 3 LH  D1 teams  are joining to add to their clubs current FDL teams. It’s going to be very competitive and each game could go either way unlike a lot of the games that are played in other leagues. The competition will be good and honestly the only way it could have been any better is if FC Dallas Youth Blue team would have joined because they are very good.

Only drawback at this point is gonna be the travel and costs.  

So again, why not just have all of these DFW FDL/DPL/ECRL/NPL teams just stay in LHGCL?  Spend your travel money to go play the Dash, Lonestar, AHFC, Challenge, TSC teams in Showcases where you will get 10-20 college coaches to show up at games instead of the maybe 1-2 coaches you'll get to show up at an FDL/DPL/ECRL/NPL league match.

Maybe parents will get smart about this stuff and get a collective spine to stand up to the clubs on this, but I doubt it.

The clubs don't make any more money off of a DPL/ECRL/FDL than they would if those teams were in LHGCL.  The clubs just want the guaranteed league spots for their teams as opposed to having to worry about promotion/relegation in LHGCL.  The parents are out the extra $ to cover travel that they really aren't getting any tangible value from.

I enjoy your posts and respect your views , but it's just not realistic to expect several hundred disconnected parents spread out over the metroplex to collectively organize in order to save 1-2k a year on soccer travel expenses.  But look, I understand.  My daughter's first year in select was the last year where all of DFW's best teams played in LH.  Age pure, JDL, TCL, DPL, ECRL, DA, the swallowing up of independent clubs.....been through it brother.  It wasn’t managed well.  Not to mention the idiocy of having nine year old girls playing 11v11 on regulation fields.  US Soccer saved North Texas parents on that one. Wish my daughter had benefited from it.

Maybe a league such as LH once was will resurface again.  But it doesn't exist now, and what is left of LH is not going to provide the consistent level of competition many girls will need to improve their game.  Furthermore, it is a poorly run league with the arrogance of FIFA.  They were slow to listen to their customers and slow to adapt.  They definitely bear some responsibility for what has happened to the landscape of NTX soccer.  If the league you are describing ever is to come to light, it will have to be run by someone other than LH.  Someone that can sell the idea to the big clubs and the coaches, and then execute on it. It also would solve the problem of how to integrate those teams back into LH. It isn't going to come from a mob of parents organizing however.  Way too many other priorities in life.

With only two clubs in the nation remaining with both DA & ECNL, there is a market for a national league that serves the #2 teams from strong clubs.  Some of the clubs can produce solid #3 teams as well (some won't).  DPL is attempting to satisfy that market, and I’m sure ECRL is as well.  DPL is not a fully baked cake for sure, and I’m sure there are going to be hiccups, but it is moving in the right direction to satisfy that market.  We will see how it goes.  It’s going to take a couple of years to build the infrastructure.   But make no mistake, there is a market for such a league.

As to trips to Colorado, I’m not certain if it will be one or two trips.  If each Colorado club puts two teams in (uncertain) that would be 14 teams in the league.  Playing each twice would be 26 games.  That seems like a lot.  I’ll wait to see what the schedule looks like.  But adding a club like Real Colorado is not a negative IMO.  I’d imagine they will be putting last year’s ECNL teams in to the DPL.

In the end, I agree that a well-run local league that had all the strongest non DA/ECNL teams in it would be a great league.  But as it doesn’t exist, and hasn’t for a few years, DPL is a much better option for many kids IMO.

Shivas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/06/19, 09:04 pm

Shivas wrote:
With only two clubs in the nation remaining with both DA & ECNL, there is a market for a national league that serves the #2 teams from strong clubs.  

I can understand and accept the majority of your viewpoints in your post. However, I strongly disagree with the above statement.

There is no need for a NATIONAL or even a REGIONAL league that serves the #2 teams from strong clubs, especially within the DFW market. On average, the #2 teams from Real Colorado and Colorado Rush are not going to be any better than the #2 teams from Sting or D'Feeters. So why spend $750-$1000 to make a trip to play similar competition that you can get in your own backyard, in front of maybe 2-3 coaches from schools 90% of the kids on your team would never even consider attending because they are more than a 1 day drive from home?

If you feel that your #2 team has to go get on a plane to play other #2 teams in front of coaches from schools that 90% of the kids on your team will never attend, then wouldn't you be better served going to a showcase where you'll play those teams in front of 10's, maybe even >100, coaches from such schools over a 3-4 day weekend? Wouldn't that provide you with significantly better VALUE for your travel money?

I totally understand why you are giving in to DPL as the best option for your kid. Until enough parents get the backbone to stand-up and say this is stupid, I'm not going to pay thousands of dollars to travel to play league games without any tangible competitive or recruiting benefit to what I could get in my own backyard, it won't change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 06/06/19, 10:26 pm

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shivas 07/06/19, 03:35 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Shivas wrote:
With only two clubs in the nation remaining with both DA & ECNL, there is a market for a national league that serves the #2 teams from strong clubs.  

I can understand and accept the majority of your viewpoints in your post.  However, I strongly disagree with the above statement.

There is no need for a NATIONAL or even a REGIONAL league that serves the #2 teams from strong clubs, especially within the DFW market.  On average, the #2 teams from Real Colorado and Colorado Rush are not going to be any better than the #2 teams from Sting or D'Feeters.  So why spend $750-$1000 to make a trip to play similar competition that you can get in your own backyard, in front of maybe 2-3 coaches from schools 90% of the kids on your team would never even consider attending because they are more than a 1 day drive from home?

If you feel that your #2 team has to go get on a plane to play other #2 teams in front of coaches from schools that 90% of the kids on your team will never attend, then wouldn't you be better served going to a showcase where you'll play those teams in front of 10's, maybe even >100, coaches from such schools over a 3-4 day weekend?  Wouldn't that provide you with significantly better VALUE for your travel money?

I totally understand why you are giving in to DPL as the best option for your kid.  Until enough parents get the backbone to stand-up and say this is stupid, I'm not going to pay thousands of dollars to travel to play league games without any tangible competitive or recruiting benefit to what I could get in my own backyard, it won't change.

Thanks for your thoughts.  I don't think we are in disagreement that there is a NEED for a national league for #2 teams in the DFW market.  DFW is surely one of the handful of areas in the country that would be the case.  As a point of clarification, what I said is that there IS a market for such a league nationally.  We can have a debate about whether other areas of the country are best served by local or regional/national leagues.  But people are voting with their wallets, and I think clearly demonstrating there is a market for that type of product.

Our team will be going to showcase events, so traveling to Colorado for a league game isn't going to prohibit exposure at showcases. Would I rather spend that money on attending an additional showcase?  Sure, if that decision happened in a vacuum.  But it doesn't, because that would mean playing in LH.  My daughter has played in D1 for the last four years, and I've witnessed firsthand the significant falloff in competition in the league, and what is being offered for the coming year is scary.  

We had also played in SRPL, so a very traditional path.  That league generally required a trip to Oklahoma and a trip a few hours south in Texas.  And a second league fee.  And like a lot of teams, played in at least one plane ride out of town tournament a year.  We aren't going to be spending much more money on DPL.  You mentioned value.  I just don't see getting my money's worth playing in LH and SRPL/Frontier Conference.  As South Texas teams have also sent teams into DPL and ECRL, the quality of non DFW teams in the Frontier Conference were very poor last year.

It's not that I am "giving in" to DPL, as it is that my eyes are wide open to the soccer landscape in NTX in 2019.  The top local league does not have Solar's top four teams in it, FDC's top three teams in it, Texans top three teams in it, Sting's top two teams (and in our age group it isn't clear if teams 3&4 are in either)....well you get the point.  So to answer your bolded question above as to why?  Well because DPL offers a more consistent competitive product, even with its challenges.  A bit of travel is worth it to me.  Plus, I like our parents and team.  There have been a few fun nights on the road.

We will just disagree on parents leading the charge for change.  I don't think it is a realistic option.  The clubs or a third party, need to build a better local option/product, deliver on it, and the market will respond.

Shivas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/06/19, 05:00 pm

Shivas wrote:
We will just disagree on parents leading the charge for change.  I don't think it is a realistic option.  The clubs or a third party, need to build a better local option/product, deliver on it, and the market will respond.

Shivas, you and I are probably much closer to violent agreement than violent disagreement on this.  While there may be parts of the country where there is a market for a regional or national league for second-tier teams, NTX should NOT be one of those.  Just because Colo needs the competition doesn’t mean NTX should be subsidizing it with our $.

As for parents leading the charge, there are clear examples recently where that is the case.  Sting backing out of DA after originally accepting an offer to join is one.  Yes, Medina was on the ECNL board and he negotiated a sweet deal to get Sting Austin in the league, but he made those deals in large part because the majority of the Sting ECNL parents told the club that they didn’t want DA and would support staying in ECNL.  I highly doubt Eclipse, Hawks, FC Stars, PDA, etc. decided to drop DA to go back to ECNL if the majority of their parents were telling them they were happy with DA and against making the move back.

Now, with that said, I do have serious doubts (like you) that there will be a grass-roots groundswell of parent protest across multiple clubs that will effect such a change in multiple clubs in NTX.  However, it might be a “prime time” for an organization to go back to the big 5 and make a proposal.  Suspect  If word got out to the parents of Sting/DKSC/Solar/FCD/Texans that there was the possibility of a viable NTX only option including those 5 clubs, you might stir up the necessary parental pressure to help make it happen. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 07/06/19, 11:21 pm

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco Mamasita 25/06/19, 05:36 am

Ya'll!!!

The cost is goin up because the DPL coaches get paid twice as much to put their teams in this silly ol' league. Open up ya'lls eyes. The DP in DPL stands for Daniel Prietto. He's a Solar coach whose making out like a bandit on this whole thing. Mad Sad Sad Embarassed
Frisco Mamasita
Frisco Mamasita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 25/06/19, 06:42 am

Are they that righteous that they dont have to respect the flag?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 25/06/19, 09:12 am

BENDMEOVER wrote:Are they that righteous that they dont have to respect the flag?

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 20/08/19, 09:22 am

interesting to see how much has changed over the last 10yrs. Does it appear to anyone that the changes have resulted in a better quality of player? Used to be LH was the only league and all games were in ntx except for a couple showcases. Then Nat League, Premier League, ECNL, and DA. Does NTX have more players on the youth nat teams now? More college offers? The clubs/coaches seem to be making more money and the costs have gone up quite a bit. 1st kids dues were 1200/yr and played on youth nat teams, hopefully with all the time/money commitment now the college and nat team rosters are full of ntx players?
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 20/08/19, 11:52 am

DrSoccer wrote:interesting to see how much has changed over the last 10yrs. Does it appear to anyone that the changes have resulted in a better quality of player? Used to be LH was the only league and all games were in ntx except for a couple showcases. Then Nat League, Premier League, ECNL, and DA. Does NTX have more players on the youth nat teams now? More college offers? The clubs/coaches seem to be making more money and the costs have gone up quite a bit. 1st kids dues were 1200/yr and played on  youth nat teams, hopefully with all the time/money commitment now the college and nat team rosters are full of ntx players?

I think the quality of player has indeed increased over the past 10 years. That's true all over the country, though, so Texas isn't suddenly producing more YNT or college players than they used to. It's probably about the same.
There is no question that NTX doesn't need any of those leagues in order to develop and produce better players. We could all stay local and still have high quality leagues nearly as good as any of the alphabet leagues. I think the fear now is that college coaches and YNT scouts wouldn't come see the teams. The system is now set up for one-stop-shop at the DA/ECNL showcases that makes it easy for colleges to see hundreds of possible recruits from around the country in a few days at a single location. If you decide to leave those leagues, will the coaches make their way to Dallas?
I think they would, but you'd have to make it easy for them with some specific spring events that replicate the DA or ECNL showcases.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 20/08/19, 12:06 pm

Guest wrote:However, it might be a “prime time” for an organization to go back to the big 5 and make a proposal.  If word got out to the parents of Sting/DKSC/Solar/FCD/Texans that there was the possibility of a viable NTX only option including those 5 clubs, you might stir up the necessary parental pressure to help make it happen. Twisted Evil

They tried that once before, a few years ago... met in a hotel conference room in Irving with the US Club Soccer regional rep and ECNL DOC's  - Sting, Solar, Texans, and D'Feeters (FC Dallas refused to attend). After the presentation, they said "we'll think about it". That afternoon, they went to the office of LHGCL and hand them the proposal.

Last edited by coachdom23 on 20/08/19, 01:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Turned off email reply notification)
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 20/08/19, 12:55 pm

coachdom23 wrote:
Guest wrote:However, it might be a “prime time” for an organization to go back to the big 5 and make a proposal.  If word got out to the parents of Sting/DKSC/Solar/FCD/Texans that there was the possibility of a viable NTX only option including those 5 clubs, you might stir up the necessary parental pressure to help make it happen. Twisted Evil

They tried that once before, a few years ago... met in a hotel conference room in Irving with the US Club Soccer regional rep and ECNL DOC's  - Sting, Solar, Texans, and D'Feeters (FC Dallas refused to attend). After the presentation, they said "we'll think about it". That afternoon, they went to the office of LHGCL and hand them the proposal.

Of course they did.

The same club that was just kicked out of ECNL for being unable to produce even decent 2nd tier teams.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by G21DD 20/08/19, 01:02 pm

The same club that was just kicked out of ECNL for being unable to produce even decent 2nd tier teams.[/quote]

If that's the qualifier, why are Sting Austin and Celtic still ECNL?  Their first tier teams are even worse...

G21DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Straighttalk 20/08/19, 09:50 pm

Few interesting facts that I am curious to know answers .
Why did fcd get kicked out of ECNL?
Why does Solar still have ECNL or how long will ECNL cater to Solar ?
Especially when Solar is dual rostering players in ECNL and DA on a weekly basis. Lol. Check the rosters for ECNL nationals  and DA showcases , both were held same weekend in San Diego and players were just jumping the fields like the good old academy days.
How long will DA entertain this?
Which  is the next NTX team that will win ECNL nationals?

G21DD wrote:The same club that was just kicked out of ECNL for being unable to produce even decent 2nd tier teams.

If that's the qualifier, why are Sting Austin and Celtic still ECNL?  Their first tier teams are even worse...[/quote]

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/08/19, 10:34 pm

Straighttalk wrote:Few interesting facts that I am curious to know answers .
Especially when Solar is dual rostering players in ECNL and DA on a weekly basis. Lol. Check the rosters for ECNL nationals  and DA showcases , both were held same weekend in San Diego and players were just jumping the fields like the good old academy days.

G21DD wrote:The same club that was just kicked out of ECNL for being unable to produce even decent 2nd tier teams.

If that's the qualifier, why are Sting Austin and Celtic still ECNL?  Their first tier teams are even worse...

Why did fcd get kicked out of ECNL?  Because they chose to put their top teams in DA and failed to win a National Championship in ECNL this past year.

Why does Solar still have ECNL or how long will ECNL cater to Solar?  Because they won an ECNL National Championship (03s) a few years back.  Unless they win one in the upcoming year, they'll likely be in the same boat as FCD in 20-21 (which would leave only one club left with both in the nation ... SoCal Blues ... who may be forced to make a decision the following year).

How long will DA entertain this?  This may have been in the U16 'pilot' age group which would've been unregulated.  I doubt it happened in the U15, U16/17 or U18/19 groups in June, but if so, would be considered a major violation.

Which  is the next NTX team that will win ECNL nationals?   I'd be surprised if any NTX ECNL team wins a National Championship in the foreseeable future ... maybe the Sting 06 team in a few years?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Straighttalk 20/08/19, 11:05 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Straighttalk wrote:Few interesting facts that I am curious to know answers .

Why did fcd get kicked out of ECNL?  Because they chose to put their top teams in DA and failed to win a National Championship in ECNL this past year.

Why does Solar still have ECNL or how long will ECNL cater to Solar?  Because they won an ECNL National Championship (03s) a few years back.  Unless they win one in the upcoming year, they'll likely be in the same boat as FCD in 20-21 (which would leave only one club left with both in the nation ... SoCal Blues ... who may be forced to make a decision the following year).

How long will DA entertain this?  This may have been in the U16 'pilot' age group which would've been unregulated.  I doubt it happened in the U15, U16/17 or U18/19 groups in June, but if so, would be considered a major violation.

Which  is the next NTX team that will win ECNL nationals?   I'd be surprised if any NTX ECNL team wins a National Championship in the foreseeable future ... maybe the Sting 06 team in a few years?

Solar u14s dual rostered. Shouldn't be hard to pull game cards and investigate. No pilot u15s at San Diego DA showcases/playoffs.

We shall wait and see if sting 06 is that good. My point is there is not enough quality left in ECNL NTX clubs to win nationals. They are poached by local DA clubs every year.

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkthesource 21/08/19, 07:56 am

Big Ern wrote:

[/color]

They would need to win nationals or just have some of their age groups finish at the top of the Texas conference?

Checkthesource
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 21/08/19, 09:11 am

Checkthesource wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

[/color]

They would need to win nationals or just have some of their age groups finish at the top of the Texas conference?

They need to win Nationals this year. There are additional requirements (such as having X number of teams qualify for Champions League), but the hardest one to do is that the club must have won an ECNL Natty in the past 3 years in order for those additional requirements to matter. Solar has to win one this year or, per the written requirements (the same ones that FCD failed to meet).

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 21/08/19, 09:16 am

Sounds like a case for the Supreme Court.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/19, 09:55 am

Big Ern wrote:

Sting U18/19 might have a chance this year. Strong ‘02 core with some very good holdover ‘01 2020 grads.

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 21/08/19, 10:22 am

timmyh wrote:
Checkthesource wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

[/color]

They need to win Nationals this year.  There are additional requirements (such as having X number of teams qualify for Champions League), but the hardest one to do is that the club must have won an ECNL Natty in the past 3 years in order for those additional requirements to matter.   Solar has to win one this year or, per the written requirements (the same ones that FCD failed to meet).

The irony here is there are 40+ clubs that will NEVER even sniff an ECNL natty and more are added every year. So the next time you see a Laver's pronouncement about QUALITY or EXCELLENCE or ABOUT THE PLAYERS, try really hard not to laugh.

The fact is some clubs 2nd team was, is and always will be better than many clubs 1st team. Pissing contest, nothing more.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/19, 10:34 am

5050Ball wrote:

The irony here is there are 40+ clubs that will NEVER even sniff an ECNL natty and more are added every year.  So the next time you see a Laver's pronouncement about QUALITY or EXCELLENCE or ABOUT THE PLAYERS, try really hard not to laugh.

The fact is some clubs 2nd team was, is and always will be better than many clubs 1st team.   Pissing contest, nothing more.

You can say the exact same thing about DA. The pissing contest between ECNL and DA has resulted in over-expansion and watering down of the talent in both programs.

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 21/08/19, 11:05 am

When it rains it pours.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next