North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Demise of DA - Page 10 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Demise of DA

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Demise of DA - Page 10 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by NoSpinZone 18/05/20, 09:11 am

anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
abc000 wrote:So you still beat the drum.... “top player must play top league “. My kid has played in all the “top”  leagues with and against all the “top” players. They are all good players.  But guess what? For each one there is another 5 who play on another team or just high school.   I think you may have missed my point with the vehemence of your reaction.... agreed there will be many coaches at a DA or ECNL or whatever it is called next year and nearly none (that you know of anyway) at a LHGCL game. Makes no difference if they are not watching the DA/ECNL game at the exact moment your kid does something great. Much more productive to send email with video and attend a school ID Camp. If the coach is interested in what a player can do for their team and they will come watch a game- even if it is not a DA/ECNL game ! And yes for you snobs out there, that includes D1.

Yes the fees for a Plano team or ECNL team at Sting are the same. My point is parents will choose to stick their kid on the Sting ECNL 2 team and pay that fee to Sting rather than paying Texas Spirit or Fusion or a FC Dallas Team just to see the 4 precious letters on the kids sleeve.  So if nothing else the kid will see great business tactics at play.

As for your characterization of my kids soccer journey and my parenting as a fail that is completely classless and contemptible. The reason I rarely look at or respond to this forum and will refrain from ever doing it again is people like you.  In my personal opinion the girls who are in high school now have been done a huge disservice by the constant merry go round of chasing the next big thing beginning with age pure and ending with the abrupt shutdown of DA. With so many leagues
being touted and all the travel involved you really cannot see this has been for the adults and not the kids?
My kid is multidimensional and we have tried to navigate a path where she can experience all the things she wants to try. The soccer decision were made based on what Was important to her at that time. In hindsight were all the decisions for the best? Maybe, maybe not. But to state it was our failure to predict 2 coaching changes within 6 weeks of the first practice, age pure separating girls who wanted to play together, the constant unknown of what teams would exist and what they would be called is dogmatic of you.

My kid is unusually cognizant of what is going on around her and all the upheaval every year has taken a toll on her. I am so sorry you cannot appreciate my disappointment for her. She may or may not play college.... it is completely up to her. If I had to guess at this moment I would say no. And when she joins another sport, excels in art or music, becomes a leader among her peers, or anything else her heart desires this failure of a parent will cheer her on with vigor and not even think twice about wether or not she plays soccer.

Peace Out

You'll have to excuse BigEgo at the moment.  First his precious DA went away, and now FCD getting plucked of coaches and talent. I'm sure you understand.

With all of these changes, maybe BigErn will have a new club to support, maybe some Sting tassels?

Think I'll attach tassles to his wheel wells... right above the tires.. BigEgo will be riding in style w tassles attached. Next Practice!!

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dtk9119 19/05/20, 09:24 am

Hot off the presses this morning...

https://149363092.v2.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/2020-21-Girls-ECNL-Club-Map-as-of-51920.001.jpeg

Where is the 2nd Sting team?

dtk9119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeeSlimmy 19/05/20, 09:57 am

dtk9119 wrote:Hot off the presses this morning...

https://149363092.v2.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/2020-21-Girls-ECNL-Club-Map-as-of-51920.001.jpeg

Where is the 2nd Sting team?

That's a very good question and you bring up a strong point but as of now... Well, I'm sure everyone saw the 4 newly named Sting coaches announced to the public on Sting Facebook group and through email.. with that said I don't think Dan Mariscal is going to take the 6 girls he has to Sting and then settle for an ECRL or NPL team that's coming from DPL FC Dallas last season? I believe this list of Texas conference teams will be modified soon reflecting the second Sting Dallas ECNL team and any potential others is my guess. Either way ECNL Texas conference is looking very solid this coming 2020-2021 season and I cross my fingers we don't have anymore COVID-19 hiccups like the one we just had going forward.

GeeSlimmy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYERONE 19/05/20, 10:08 am

Just because AG @ Sting carries 24 on a roster doesn’t make it 2 ECNL teams!

PLAYERONE
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Durian 19/05/20, 01:24 pm

As far as the girls side. Whats happening with FCD? Why can't they have two ECNL teams? Like AG @ Sting they have plenty of players. Or are they gone with LW?

Durian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 19/05/20, 02:22 pm

Durian wrote:As far as the girls side. Whats happening with FCD? Why can't they have two ECNL teams? Like AG @ Sting they have plenty of players. Or are they gone with LW?

FCD dont have Kenny on the board of ECNL. Neither does Solar who is probably most deserving.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BWGophers 19/05/20, 05:39 pm

6 DFW teams playing in Regional/National level leagues is 2-3 teams too many.  Doesn't matter if all 6 are playing in the same league (e.g. ECNL this coming year), or split between DA/ECNL like they have been the past 3 years, or when there were 5 ECNL teams in the years before DA.

You can go back 15 years in DFW, year-over-year, and see that DFW generally produces enough NCAA D1 level players to populate 3-4 teams in each age group, and typically, by the time the kids are U15, most of that talent naturally ends up coalescing on the top 3-4 teams in DFW.  The exact clubs may change a little, but always 3-4 teams that are truly competitive at the Regional/National level.  Those are only teams/players who need to be traveling to play on regular basis, and who need to get in front of the Power 5 D1 coaches attending the National Showcases.

Beyond those 3-4 teams, all of the other teams are best served playing in a local DFW league, and then doing the "regional" showcase circuit like Texas Cup, DKSC Thanksgiving Showcase, FCD Showcase, DIGC, Lonestar, Lexus Cup, etc.  The girls from those teams will see all of the regional small conference D1 schools, + D2 & D3 schools that they need at those showcases, and their parents will save a bunch of money in travel costs.

This isn't going to change with the latest consolidation back into ECNL. 6 DFW teams is too many, just like 5 was too many before DA. There will be 2-3 DFW teams in each age group that will be bottom feeders with OKC and CE. If Sting Austin gets an influx of talent defecting from Lonestar, you will see them rise above the bottom 2-3 DFW teams as well.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Deuce 20/05/20, 03:24 pm

ECNL tweeted this and put on the website today. Includes the 2nd Sting Dallas team on the Texas Conference page ... p15 in the slide deck

(The Northeast Conference was also split up -- creating New England and North Atlantic conferences for next season.)

ECNL Marketing Deck

Demise of DA - Page 10 Tx_con10

Deuce
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dtk9119 20/05/20, 03:54 pm

Deuce wrote:ECNL tweeted this and put on the website today. Includes the 2nd Sting Dallas team on the Texas Conference page ... p15 in the slide deck

(The Northeast Conference was also split up -- creating New England and North Atlantic conferences for next season.)

ECNL Marketing Deck

Well, at least they finally made it official. So a 22 game regular season next year? DFW gets 10 local games and only has to travel south 2x. 3 trips to DFW for STX teams but at least its 2 games each trip.

dtk9119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 20/05/20, 04:18 pm

dtk9119 wrote:
Deuce wrote:ECNL tweeted this and put on the website today. Includes the 2nd Sting Dallas team on the Texas Conference page ... p15 in the slide deck

ECNL Marketing Deck

Well, at least they finally made it official. So a 22 game regular season next year? DFW gets 10 local games and only has to travel south 2x. 3 trips to DFW for STX teams but at least its 2 games each trip.

Wouldnt a DFW team get 16 local games, and 6 on the road(2 games each trip, 3 trips(OK,Houston,Aust/SA)

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeeSlimmy 21/05/20, 12:10 am

Texas Conference
1. Sting Dallas Royal ECNL - Dan Mariscal
2. Sting Dallas Black ECNL - Tatu
3. DKSC ECNL
4. FC Dallas ECNL
5. Solar SC ECNL
6. Sting Austin ECNL
7. Dallas Texans ECNL
8. Classic Elite ECNL
9. Challenge SC ECNL
10. Albion Hurricanes ECNL
11. Oklahoma Celtics ECNL
12. Tulsa SC ECNL

GeeSlimmy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYERONE 21/05/20, 08:38 am

Mariscal and Tatu are coaching what ages? AG still coaches there.

PLAYERONE
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Deuce 21/05/20, 09:06 am

PLAYERONE wrote:Mariscal and Tatu are coaching what ages?   AG still coaches there.  

Sting posted girls coaches for next season on their social media last night

Tatu and Audrey have the Sting Black ECNL teams. Mariscal has Sting Royal 06 & 07 ECNL. Looks like they pulled up NPL teams and also plugged in some of the new hires to do the ECRL teams.

https://twitter.com/StingSoccerClub/status/1263250489518575616

Last edited by Deuce on 21/05/20, 09:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix link)

Deuce
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 21/05/20, 11:22 am

Deuce wrote:
PLAYERONE wrote:Mariscal and Tatu are coaching what ages?   AG still coaches there.  

Tatu and Audrey have the Sting Black ECNL teams. Mariscal has Sting Royal 06 & 07 ECNL. Looks like they pulled up NPL teams and also plugged in some of the new hires to do the ECRL teams.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 21/05/20, 11:29 am

Deuce wrote:

Is Sting Black the A team and Royal the B team? Or do the just mean different campuses or something like that?

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 21/05/20, 11:35 am

cenTex wrote:
Deuce wrote:

Is Sting Black the A team and Royal the B team? Or do the just mean different campuses or something like that?

I think so...of course they would say otherwise just for the sake of, but AG isn’t taking an equal or lower team. She and Tatu are tenured at Sting so it’s safe to say, Yes, the black team is the A team.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AllTheBluebellsAreBlue 21/05/20, 12:10 pm

It isn't "A" team and "B" team. Sting Royal is a separate entity within the club. A branch, subsidiary or whatever you want to call it.

Sting Tatu's current 07' ECNL is a mixture of the old Parsons/Glotzbach/Wes Larry teams. No idea where Heinz went. I remember it being a shock they (Heinz) didn't qualify that first year.

They (Parsons) weren't killing anyone in the Lake Highlands D3 spot they had originally earned or the following year in D1. Wes Larry wasn't killing anyone in D1 last year and Tatu's team wasn't either after he took over.

In fact when they did the little "switch-a-roo" to create the "Tatu stronger team" the so called "weaker team" beat them that next weekend.

I'd take the bet that Dan's "Former FC Dallas DA defense" can handle Tatu's team no problem...

Last edited by AllTheBluebellsAreBlue on 21/05/20, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to Clarify)

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 21/05/20, 12:23 pm

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue wrote:It isn't "A" team and "B" team. Sting Royal is a separate entity within the club. A branch, subsidiary or whatever you want to call it.

Sting Tatu's current 07' ECNL is a mixture of the old Parsons/Glotzbach/Wes Larry teams. No idea where Heinz went. I remember it being a shock they (Heinz) didn't qualify that first year.

They (Parsons) weren't killing anyone in the Lake Highlands D3 spot they had originally earned or the following year in D1. Wes Larry wasn't killing anyone in D1 last year and Tatu's team wasn't either after he took over.

In fact when they did the little "switch-a-roo" to create the "Tatu stronger team" the so called "weaker team" beat them that next weekend.

I'd take the bet that Dan's "Former FC Dallas DA defense" can handle Tatu's team no problem...

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 21/05/20, 12:31 pm

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue wrote:It isn't "A" team and "B" team. Sting Royal is a separate entity within the club. A branch, subsidiary or whatever you want to call it.

Gotta think last year's FC Dallas DA team would stomp last years Sting ECNL team. They were the best team we played all year. Did the whole team stay together and move over like a bunch of Lonestar teams did to Sting Austin? If so, Royal will almost certainly be better than Black.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07soccerdad 21/05/20, 12:39 pm

cenTex wrote:

Gotta think last year's FC Dallas DA team would stomp last years Sting ECNL team. They were the best team we played all year.   Did the whole team stay together and move over like a bunch of Lonestar teams did to Sting Austin? If so, Royal will almost certainly be better than Black.

5 players from the FCD DA team went over. 2 went to Solar. The rest stayed at FCD. Not sure why the team broke up though..

07soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 21/05/20, 12:45 pm

07soccerdad wrote:
cenTex wrote:

Gotta think last year's FC Dallas DA team would stomp last years Sting ECNL team. They were the best team we played all year.   Did the whole team stay together and move over like a bunch of Lonestar teams did to Sting Austin? If so, Royal will almost certainly be better than Black.

5 players from the FCD DA team went over.  2 went to Solar.  The rest stayed at FCD.  Not sure why the team broke up though..

Are 3 of the 07s playing on the 06 ECNL team?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AllTheBluebellsAreBlue 21/05/20, 01:03 pm

No Spin Zone: Those three I think you are talking about will play both 07' and 06' for Sting ECNL.

But they are practicing with a full team already and I talked to a dad who told me they like Dan's coaching style (Why they are following) and he has seen his child grow her IQ and ability leaps and bounds and he isn't worried about the team they build around them.

It all sounded so drama free and they will miss the players that decided to stay.

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 21/05/20, 01:08 pm

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue wrote:No Spin Zone: Those three I think you are talking about will play both 07' and 06' for Sting ECNL.

But they are practicing with a full team already and I talked to a dad who told me they like Dan's coaching style (Why they are following) and he has seen his child grow her IQ and ability leaps and bounds and he isn't worried about the team they build around them.

It all sounded so drama free and they will miss the players that decided to stay.

My understanding is 1 ECNL game a day, so will be interesting to see what team gets them most. Can't pull double duty on ECNL weekends(in same day).

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AllTheBluebellsAreBlue 21/05/20, 01:11 pm

Checkpoint Charlie: I'm only saying that based off the fact that my 07' is on a lowly, unexciting team that has played LH for three years and our team has beat both Tatu/Larry in a Labor Day Tournsment and Glotsbach we have beat/tied a few times.

I cannot speak to the talent they may have picked up last year when they became ECNL.

But I can say my DD has made their best forward cry on a few occasions. And that girl is great.

So my opinion comes based off of thinking real DA girls could easily shut that down.

I have high opinions about the Sting 07's. They have many teams fielding great girls.

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 21/05/20, 01:11 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
AllTheBluebellsAreBlue wrote:No Spin Zone: Those three I think you are talking about will play both 07' and 06' for Sting ECNL.

My understanding is 1 ECNL game a day, so will be interesting to see what team gets them most. Can't pull double duty on ECNL weekends(in same day).

There is actually ba rule change coming down this summer. Multiple games per day so long as it's different age groups

That should be fun to watch unfold
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 21/05/20, 01:32 pm

AllTheBluebellsAreBlue wrote:Checkpoint Charlie: I'm only saying that based off the fact that my 07' is on a lowly, unexciting team that has played LH for three years and our team has beat both Tatu/Larry in a Labor Day Tournsment and Glotsbach we have beat/tied a few times.

I cannot speak to the talent they may have picked up last year when they became ECNL.

But I can say my DD has made their best forward cry on a few occasions. And that girl is great.

So my opinion comes based off of thinking real DA girls could easily shut that down.

I have high opinions about the Sting 07's. They have many teams fielding great girls.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next