North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Demise of DA - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Demise of DA

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Demise of DA - Page 2 Empty Re: Demise of DA

Post by WinTheChipzRdown 14/04/20, 08:45 pm

I’m sure some parents are making “security” phone calls already.

Those “slight reaching out” phone calls are getting more aggressive or are about to be.

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 14/04/20, 09:15 pm

WinTheChipzRdown wrote:I’m sure some parents are making “security” phone calls already.

Those “slight reaching out” phone calls are getting more aggressive or are about to be.

Which is why the ex-DA clubs better figure out what the plan is quickly and communicate it, before the "slight reaching out" from families becomes "grabbing a new seat before the music stops."

It appears the "DA is gone forever" news got leaked before the DA member clubs were able to fully formulate their new plans. More incompetence by US Soccer.

Here in Austin, Lonestar already having boys in ECNL likely means the girls get in, too.  Solar already has ECNL, so that's an easy transition for their top girls. So in Texas that leaves FC Dallas and Dash without anyone to play unless they join ECNL, too. That's gotta be Plan A, right?

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JustPassingThrough 15/04/20, 09:15 am

Big Ern wrote:
05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Truthiness wrote:Wheels are spinning.  I hear Socal DA is toast. Surf, Legends, and Beach joining ECNL. Tophat, too.

I can't imagine some new league forming for Dash, FCD, OKE, and Lonestar (Solar already in ECNL) that is going to have enough cache to prevent their top girls from heading for a rival ECNL team.  

A repurposed DPL (or similar entity) to include the former DA teams isn't gonna cut it when ECNL already has the platform ready to go and it includes just about every other top club in the country. Sorry, Ern, but a new "national" league for a couple dozen elite girls teams (like FCD) doesn't seem feasible to me in the current environment. Maybe it works for boys Academy teams right now, but for girls it doesn't make sense. The money isn't there anymore to justify it in the current climate. Maybe someday.

I simply don't see what legit options exist for a GDA club that wants to remain relevant other than rejoining ECNL.

Agreed truthi --

If DA does go down this week, I believe the aforementioned SoCal clubs along with FCD (for the time being) should, and will be admitted to the ECNL.  That said, if FCD didn't join and there were to be an exodus of top talent, where would they go?  The ECNL rosters at DKSC, Sting and Solar are already overloaded with defectors from last year's loss of ECNL.  Texans?  What about their GDA kids?  

And even more fascinating is that this is all, at this point, still pure speculation brought on by a couple of Tweets.  It could come out tomorrow (and this is exactly what many of those of us with kids in GDA were told over the weekend) that USSF announces DA is done ... for the 2020 season Wink
E, are you saying DKSC, Solar, Sting and especially Texans would turn those kids away? Not likely.
I too would like to hear something more official than a random tweet.

It'd certainly be a tough situation for all (coaches, kids and parents) involved and given what I know if some of the coaches at DKSC and Sting, it'd be tough to crack the already crowded ECNL rosters due to the (all so rare these days) loyalty factor.  If FCD girls are somehow excluded from ECNL, I'd expect many to defect to Solar or Texans.

Agreed for Sting and DKSC. Different age groups have different situations where they may welcome new kids to fill in gaps. But they have some age groups that have very tight teams that are loyal and are hard to crack, like the 04's, lots of talent even on their 2nd ECRL teams.

JustPassingThrough
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by brazos 15/04/20, 10:42 am

High School coaches had a Zoom party to celebrate! cheers cheers cheers

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Straighttalk 15/04/20, 10:50 am

ECNL on Texas is a simple fix on girls side. Let fcd and Dash join ECNL. Kick sting ECNL out.
As far as NTX teams , Don’t forget solar has players that filled DA and ECNL. Half those players will need new teams .
JustPassingThrough wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Truthiness wrote:Wheels are spinning.  I hear Socal DA is toast. Surf, Legends, and Beach joining ECNL. Tophat, too.

I can't imagine some new league forming for Dash, FCD, OKE, and Lonestar (Solar already in ECNL) that is going to have enough cache to prevent their top girls from heading for a rival ECNL team.  

A repurposed DPL (or similar entity) to include the former DA teams isn't gonna cut it when ECNL already has the platform ready to go and it includes just about every other top club in the country. Sorry, Ern, but a new "national" league for a couple dozen elite girls teams (like FCD) doesn't seem feasible to me in the current environment. Maybe it works for boys Academy teams right now, but for girls it doesn't make sense. The money isn't there anymore to justify it in the current climate. Maybe someday.

I simply don't see what legit options exist for a GDA club that wants to remain relevant other than rejoining ECNL.

Agreed truthi --

If DA does go down this week, I believe the aforementioned SoCal clubs along with FCD (for the time being) should, and will be admitted to the ECNL.  That said, if FCD didn't join and there were to be an exodus of top talent, where would they go?  The ECNL rosters at DKSC, Sting and Solar are already overloaded with defectors from last year's loss of ECNL.  Texans?  What about their GDA kids?  

And even more fascinating is that this is all, at this point, still pure speculation brought on by a couple of Tweets.  It could come out tomorrow (and this is exactly what many of those of us with kids in GDA were told over the weekend) that USSF announces DA is done ... for the 2020 season Wink
E, are you saying DKSC, Solar, Sting and especially Texans would turn those kids away? Not likely.

It'd certainly be a tough situation for all (coaches, kids and parents) involved and given what I know if some of the coaches at DKSC and Sting, it'd be tough to crack the already crowded ECNL rosters due to the (all so rare these days) loyalty factor.  If FCD girls are somehow excluded from ECNL, I'd expect many to defect to Solar or Texans.

Agreed for Sting and DKSC. Different age groups have different situations where they may welcome new kids to fill in gaps. But they have some age groups that have very tight teams that are loyal and are hard to crack, like the 04's, lots of talent even on their 2nd ECRL teams.

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Durian 15/04/20, 10:58 am

Whats the rationale to kick two existing North Texas teams out of ECNL by adding one that more or less got booted out or if you are FCD you didn't want to come back?

Straighttalk wrote:ECNL on Texas is a simple fix on girls side. Let fcd and Dash join ECNL. Kick sting ECNL out.  
As far as NTX teams , Don’t forget solar has players that filled DA and ECNL. Half those players will need new teams .
Big Ern wrote:
05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Agreed truthi --

Durian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yank 15/04/20, 11:25 am

[quote="Durian"]Whats the rationale to kick two existing North Texas teams out of ECNL by adding one that more or less got booted out or if you are FCD you didn't want to come back?

I could see eliminating Sting Austin based on performance. However; Sting Dallas would make absolutely no sense. They stayed loyal and committed. That would be a horrible to see Sting or Kick for that matter eliminated from the leauge.

Straighttalk wrote:ECNL on Texas is a simple fix on girls side. Let fcd and Dash join ECNL. Kick sting ECNL out.  
Big Ern wrote:
05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Agreed truthi --

yank
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Straighttalk 15/04/20, 11:31 am

ECNL on Texas is a simple fix on girls side.
Let fcd and Dash join ECNL. Kick sting Austin ECNL out.  
Loan star should take that place.
Big Ern wrote:
05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Agreed truthi --

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 15/04/20, 12:00 pm

Surf and Real So Cal this morning already released details to their players that they are moving their top teams into ECNL.  Anything yet from FCD, Dash, Energy, or Lonestar (or Solar on whether or not they may get a 2nd ECNL team)?  The Texan's girls program was on life support, and as of this minute sure seem to have lucked into fortunate timing with their move to ECNL.  

If these other clubs aren't linking back up with ECNL, I gotta think some new league (or re-purposed DPL) with the ex-DA "A" teams is going to have an uphill sales job to convince people it's able to provide an equal platform to ECNL for things like quality of competition, limited unnecessary travel and expenses, and college exposure.

For what it's worth, using the Soccer Wire top 100, here are all the non-ECNL girl's clubs in the top 40 as of yesterday.

1. Top Hat (GA)
5. FC Dallas (TX)
6. Surf (CA)
8. Legends (CA)
9. Beach (CA)
10. Earthquakes (CA)
16. FC Virginia (VA)
22. Real So Cal
25. NEFC (MA)
26. Sporting Blue Valley (KS)
28. Cincinnati Development Academy (OH)
29. Lone Star (TX)
32.South Shore Select (MA)
35. LA Galaxy
37. Nationals (MI)
39. Charlotte Soccer Academy (NC)

It will be interesting to see how many get into ECNL, or how many try and form a new platform for their "A" teams.  Given that ECNL doesn't appear to be going anywhere (sorry to those longing for a return to the pre-ECNL days), it sure seems like it would be best for girl's soccer in our country if just about all rejoin ECNL and we get back to something resembling a single, unified top league.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 15/04/20, 03:13 pm

Big Ern wrote:
05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Agreed truthi --

Fortunately, or unfortunately Big E, you are probably right about that.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Straighttalk 15/04/20, 03:20 pm

Where would the Solar players go if their ECNL coaches are loyal to their ECNL players. Certainly uncertain days in the horizon
05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Agreed truthi --

Fortunately, or unfortunately Big E, you are probably right about that.

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladycougar 15/04/20, 03:33 pm

Straighttalk, I can’t see Solar DA players being worried.

Ladycougar
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 15/04/20, 03:35 pm

Straighttalk wrote:Where would the Solar players go if their ECNL coaches are loyal to their ECNL players. Certainly uncertain days in the horizon  

Unless Solar gets a 2nd DA program (seems very unlikely at this point), I assume the ECNL coaches and players become the ECRL coaches and players and the DA coaches and players become the ECNL coaches and players.  And things filter downhill from there.  In short, it's indeed an uncertain mess.  Teams are usually getting locked in by now, and we're still month(s) away from what otherwise would become an epic tryout season (the busiest since the age change).  

The longer this drags on with other DA clubs in other parts of the country telling their players they are joining ECNL and crickets from the Texas GDA clubs, the more I'm concerned Lonestar/FCD/Dash and maybe even Solar DA players and coaches are about to get served a marketing effort detailing the wonderful benefits and developmental opportunities that the DPL league can provide.

Last edited by cenTex on 15/04/20, 04:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Straighttalk 15/04/20, 03:37 pm

Yes, I know.
The Solar ECNL players, coaches and teams should be worried I guess

More news here

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-u-soccer-terminate-developmental-235907963.html

Friscosoccermom2 wrote:Straighttalk, I can’t see Solar DA players being worried.

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 15/04/20, 03:59 pm

You really think ECNL would not let Solar have a "regular" ECNL and a second, ECRL, team. Because why?
But, to the extent Solar had three teams now, GDA, ECNL and ECRL, then yes, could be a challenge. Although, it would make a significant no. 3 team for Lake Highlands.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Straighttalk 15/04/20, 04:15 pm

All I am saying is the current solar ECNL teams could be moved down to play ECRL to accommodate DA teams. That’s how the food chain seem to work at Solar.

smugrr wrote:You really think ECNL would not let Solar have a "regular" ECNL and a second, ECRL, team. Because why?
But, to the extent Solar had three teams now, GDA, ECNL and ECRL, then yes, could be a challenge. Although, it would make a significant no. 3 team for Lake Highlands.

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 15/04/20, 04:26 pm

I agree. A lot of clubs would like this problem. This spring/summer, whenever practices can begin, could be full of interesting things. And will ECNL snub the GDA-only teams?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JLA956 15/04/20, 04:37 pm

smugrr wrote:You really think ECNL would not let Solar have a "regular" ECNL and a second, ECRL, team. Because why?

Doesn't Solar also have NPL teams?

JLA956
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 15/04/20, 05:08 pm

Yes, but should that not continue as before?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shivas 15/04/20, 05:48 pm

The hierarchy for Solar last year was:
Team 1 - DA
Team 2 - ECNL
Teams 3&4 - DPL
Solar was not a participant in ECRL.

Shivas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Deuce 15/04/20, 06:00 pm

The first shoe drops

https://twitter.com/ussoccer_da/status/1250554039093334019?s=21

And MLS is right behind with the other one

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/04/15/major-league-soccer-leads-domestic-player-development-launch-new-elite-competition

Deuce
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JLA956 15/04/20, 06:02 pm

smugrr wrote:Yes, but should that not continue as before?
You would think so. Solar 02G Hernandez is listed as a NPL team

JLA956
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccapeeps 15/04/20, 08:41 pm

Big Ern wrote:
05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Agreed truthi --

Don’t kid yourself. The only reason there has been “loyalty” is because better players have not shown up to compete for spots. If FCD does not get admitted into ECNL and their studs show up for a roster spot, loyalty goes out the window and you will find regular players on the bench or on another team.

Last edited by Soccapeeps on 15/04/20, 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : .)
Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 15/04/20, 10:31 pm

So anything new today?
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 15/04/20, 11:29 pm

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JustPassingThrough 16/04/20, 09:33 am

Still games on their schedules that may or may not happen. But seems like Celtics and Sting Austin are at the bottom of every age group ECNL and ECRL. Does everyone stay at this point, or some gone to make room?

ECNL
U-14                            U-15                           U-16                              U-17                             U-18/19                    Composite
1 Col. Rapids                Classics                       Albion                            Sting Dallas                   Sting Dallas               Sting Dallas
2 Sting Dallas               Solar                  Sting Dallas                    DKSC                            Albion                       Solar
3 Challenge                  DKSC                          Solar                             Challenge                      Challenge                   DKSC
4 Albion                       Sting Dallas                 DKSC                             Col Rapids                     TSC                           Albion
5 Celtics                      Col. Rapids                  Col. Rapids                      Solar                             Solar                         Classics
6 Classics                    Albion                         Classics                           Albion                           Col. Rapids                 Challenge
7 Solar                        Celtics                        Challenge                        Classics                         Classics                      TSC
8 DKSC                       Sting Austin                TSC                                 TSC                              DKSC                         Celtics
9 TSC                         Challenge                    Pride                               Sting Austin                   Pride
10 Pride                      TSC                            Celtics                             Celtics                           Sting Austin
11 Sting Austin            Pride                          Sting Austin                     Pride                             Celtics

ECRL
U-14                               U-15                            U-16                             U-17                                 U-18/19
1 Challenge                     Classics                        DKSC                            Challenge                          DKSC
2 TSC                             Sting Dallas                  Albion                            Sting Dallas                       TSC
3 DKSC                           DKSC                          Sting Dallas                     Albion                              Celtics
4 Sting Dallas                  TSC                             Challenge                       DKSC                               Albion
5 Albion                          Challenge                     Sting Austin                   Classics                            Sting Dallas
6 Classics                       Sting Austin                  Classics                          TSC                                 Challenge
7 Celtics                         Albion                           TSC                               Sting Austin                     Classics
8 Sting Austin                 Celtics                          Celtics                            Celtics                             Sting Austin

Last edited by JustPassingThrough on 16/04/20, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

JustPassingThrough
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next