North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Cost of Select Soccer Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

Cost of Select Soccer

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cost of Select Soccer Empty Cost of Select Soccer

Post by RAM II 28/03/11, 12:21 pm

My DD attended the inaugural practice of the newly forming Fever '01 team in Colleyville, and I was both impressed and uncertain at the same time. There were girls from 2-3 different clubs in attendance and as the parents were discussing prices and comparing numbers, there appeared to be a significant disparity. Our club has told us it will cost around $2500 plus uniforms. My wife and I are expecting to pay around $3000. This Fever group is suggesting it can be done for half of that amount. Can someone please enlighten me as to why there is such a disparity in cost that is so significant? Additionally, is there any benefit to us remaining with a large club vs. this smaller operation. While the location appears great, the cost significantly lower and the coach they are going to use seems very qualified, we are looking for some guidance from some who have travelled this road in front of us. Also, is it unreasonable for us to expect a newly formed team such as this to be able to get the numbers to field a team for Q.T.?

RAM II
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Cost of Select Soccer Empty Re: Cost of Select Soccer

Post by nukem 28/03/11, 01:12 pm

It all depends on your individual situation. Is your DD unhappy where she is playing now? Is cost the driving factor for your family (this is a biggie for a lot of people). Does this team have enough girls to field a team now or are they "hoping" to get enough to play in a couple of tournaments as a team before QT? Do you care if your DD plays in Lake Highlands, Plano, Arlington? With so many strong '01 teams out there, IMO it would be very difficult for a newly formed team to qualify in the top 30, but I'm sure it could be done.

If your DD is happy with her team and you can afford it, IMO it wouldn't make much sense to jump to a team that isn't a team yet.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RAM II 28/03/11, 01:30 pm

Cost is a factor as I have younger children coming along in soccer, and she is not completely happy with the team she is on. I don't think I really care at this age which league she plays in as long as she is challenged and learning. This Fever 01 team is a startup, so I don't think they have enough to field a team, however, I was encouraged by the interest from players on top 01 teams in the area. The real question is how can they say they can do select at a high level at half the cost per year than the biger clubs like Sting, Texans, Texas Spirit, Solar, etc? I guess I'm not skeptical, but I am curious as to the difference between the larger clubs and the smaller clubs, is it just pure profit to the coach/club?

RAM II
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 28/03/11, 01:39 pm

The Kicks, Princess Warriors, Blue Diamonds (i'm sure there are others as well) all say they have much lower costs than the so called "big clubs" and have very quality teams that compete at a high level. However they have been playing with '01 teams for a while and are not just starting up a new team.

Keep looking at both options (or several options), you don't have to make a final decision until July 1. By then Fever may have a complete '01 squad and ready for QT.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 28/03/11, 01:49 pm

RAM II wrote:The real question is how can they say they can do select at a high level at half the cost per year than the biger clubs like Sting, Texans, Texas Spirit, Solar, etc?

You have to consider what your fees are paying for. Most of the time, it's paying for practice fields, coach compensation, league fees, club overhead. When you find a small club or independent selling you select soccer 4 less, it's likely that it's due to lower (or no) coach compensation, lower field rental/ownership costs (maybe using free public parks) or lower (or no) club overhead. The larger clubs pay people with titles like Director of Coaching, Academy Director or Technical Director. Those costs are covered by dues from every player in the club. Small or independent clubs may not have that salaried position thus lower fees for all players. Let's say you have a DOC making $60k annually and 300 players in the club. That amounts to an extra $200 annually per player just to cover that cost. Multiply that times several of those types of positions and you get the idea of what the big clubs cost structure is like.

debit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrCrzy 28/03/11, 01:52 pm

The Dallas Juventus teams are another club that is priced at about half (or lower) than all of the large clubs and they were able to compete very well with qualified coaching and a lighted facility.

It can be done if the coaches are in it for the right reasons and are not depending on coaching as their only source of income.

The choice has to be about your daughter's best interest first. That is most important.

ScrCrzy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NDSoccer 28/03/11, 01:53 pm

There was a thread a few weeks ago that talked about club fees, and it seemed like the majority of money went to club fees, field rental, coaches salary, and league fees. League fees were the only constant... So a club can save alot of money from:
Club fees-- What are you getting for the name? Not sure at this age how much that is worth to you.
Field Rental-- You need a place to train, but some of the smaller (local) can cut costs by using local rec fields and saving money from field rentals... I think it is just important that you figure out what the new teams plans are for fields (lighted, indoor, etc.)
Coaches Fees-- The old adage is you get what you pay for may not be fully true, but you need to be careful when shopping for a bargain.

We are potentially moving to SoCal this summer and I started looking at fees there... Even though leagues seem to cost the same and field space is much more costly, they seem to be about $1k cheaper than what I hear Texans/Sting cost.

NDSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAM II 28/03/11, 01:54 pm

I do like the location of Colleyville/Southlake better than Flower Mound, Carrollton or Dallas though. I hope it works out, I think it will be refreshing to see a competetive new face in NE Tarrant County. By the way, they have a top 10 '02 girls team that is really good, and most of those players came from Solar according to one of the '02 parents that showed up early for their practice.

RAM II
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 28/03/11, 02:10 pm

History would indicate independent teams usually run their course with respect to competitiveness over the longterm. Eventually, the better players migrate or the coach (or coach's kid) call it a day.

At the younger years, some are very competitive and certainly, the amount you spend on your kid's hobby is not indicative of how much fun they will have or the potential for fun.

If you are in May with the scary number of 12 for a QT roster - you'd better have a backup plan as a kid and her friend can leave and you are down to 10 - very tough to come up with 3 or 4 let alone more than that.

As mentioned Juventus is a good example of a lower cost endeavor. They are a good club within the '00s - not a top team, but certainly competitive and I guarantee you as many kids are having fun or are upset there as the other teams.

You probably have a slight edge on the chance of having a better coach by going with a bigger club, but there are absolutely no guarantees - one man's Emeril is another man's Chef Boyardee (it's all wants/perspectives).
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RAM II 28/03/11, 02:21 pm

Coaches Fees-- The old adage is you get what you pay for may not be fully true, but you need to be careful when shopping for a bargain.

I have been to 2 practices and really like the intesity, the speed, and the drills utilized. Kenneth Penn was a great player and really seems to know how to run a practice. I am impressed with what I have seen thus far.

RAM II
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 28/03/11, 02:33 pm

RAM II wrote:Coaches Fees-- The old adage is you get what you pay for may not be fully true, but you need to be careful when shopping for a bargain.

I have been to 2 practices and really like the intesity, the speed, and the drills utilized. Kenneth Penn was a great player and really seems to know how to run a practice. I am impressed with what I have seen thus far.

He is also in full recruiting mode right now, trying to get as many players from other area teams as he can. That's good and bad. He may get so many players, your DD may not have a spot on the team come July or he may be telling you he has commitments from girls from other teams but they won't come over until their season is over "so not to worry there will be plenty of girls for a team", even though he doesn't actually have as many girls coming over as he says and you won't have a full team come July.

This thread is starting to sound a little "recruity" (new word) to me and I am starting to question the true reason for your post. But I am cynical like that.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 02:42 pm

NDSoccer wrote:There was a thread a few weeks ago that talked about club fees, and it seemed like the majority of money went to club fees, field rental, coaches salary, and league fees. League fees were the only constant... So a club can save alot of money from:
Club fees-- What are you getting for the name? Not sure at this age how much that is worth to you.
Field Rental-- You need a place to train, but some of the smaller (local) can cut costs by using local rec fields and saving money from field rentals... I think it is just important that you figure out what the new teams plans are for fields (lighted, indoor, etc.)

We are potentially moving to SoCal this summer and I started looking at fees there... Even though leagues seem to cost the same and field space is much more costly, they seem to be about $1k cheaper than what I hear Texans/Sting cost.

Maybe we can make that previous thread a sticky for academy - it seems that the questions about select and cost. Any chance the moderators/admin could take time off from thread deletion and censoring?

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 28/03/11, 02:45 pm

Blank77 wrote:
NDSoccer wrote:There was a thread a few weeks ago that talked about club fees, and it seemed like the majority of money went to club fees, field rental, coaches salary, and league fees. League fees were the only constant... So a club can save alot of money from:

Maybe we can make that previous thread a sticky for academy - it seems that the questions about select and cost. Any chance the moderators/admin could take time off from thread deletion and censoring?

You started off strong, then kinda faded in the end. It's like responding to the officers question of "do you know why I pulled you over?" with "you're the one that pulled me over, don't you know?" It's hard to get what you want after that.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 02:46 pm

Here is the previous thread on select and $$$. It was set up as a stupid poll - but it has lots of good information.

https://www.txsoccer.net/t5452-01g-the-cost-of-going-select-poll-results-18-girls-team-will-dropout-going-to-select?highlight=select+cost

Back to top Go down

Post by RAM II 28/03/11, 03:03 pm

Recruity? Me? I wouldn't dream of it! But then again, if I'm not out recruiting, what should I be doing? Laughing

No, I really am curious as to why the cost is different, and I guess it really is more admin and coching costs for the bigger clubs. I have a younger DD that is interested in Volleyball, and their pricing seems to be more symetrical, I guess that is the reason for the questions. I can see that the older the girls get the less options you seem to have and the bigger clubs seem to have an advantage due to coaching and a reduced amount of players.

Really, I didn't mean to sound like I was recruiting, there are other parents that have contacts that will do that, this is my first rodeo as far as Select soccer or even club volleyball if that is the direction she chosses to go. This is my oldest and I don't have any experience with any of this.

I am curious and cautiously optimistic about this option and what comes of it. Still interested in other input as to costs though.

RAM II
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 03:06 pm

NTSSA Rule Book Section on Academy Play
Soccer Academies

8. Recruiting is not allowed on Soccer Academy teams. Soccer Academies are to be
used for training, not recruiting.

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 28/03/11, 03:10 pm

RAM II wrote:Recruity? Me? I wouldn't dream of it! But then again, if I'm not out recruiting, what should I be doing? Laughing

No, I really am curious as to why the cost is different, and I guess it really is more admin and coching costs for the bigger clubs. I have a younger DD that is interested in Volleyball, and their pricing seems to be more symetrical, I guess that is the reason for the questions. I can see that the older the girls get the less options you seem to have and the bigger clubs seem to have an advantage due to coaching and a reduced amount of players.

Really, I didn't mean to sound like I was recruiting, there are other parents that have contacts that will do that, this is my first rodeo as far as Select soccer or even club volleyball if that is the direction she chosses to go. This is my oldest and I don't have any experience with any of this.

I am curious and cautiously optimistic about this option and what comes of it. Still interested in other input as to costs though.

Read the poll that Blank posted, it has all the info you could ever ask for. For club volleyball tips talk to Mayday on here. He is the resident VB expert.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 28/03/11, 03:31 pm

Shouldn't this be in the Teams/Players Looking section?

Reminds me of some of the great single-post count IDs of the past:

"Hi. I'm new to soccer. Can anybody tell me anything about a coach named John Doe who coaches an 03 team for Soccer FC. I think he is the guy who practices 5pm-6.15pm on Tuesdays and Fridays at the rec. fields (field #5 I think) in Hurst. I don't know but I have heard he is a great coach and all of the players love him. While randomly walking my dog I saw this is going to be a very competitive team and I overheard one of the parents say the fees are $50 a month and $25 for the uniform and they are looking to play SDL in the Fall. So, I was just wondering if anybody had any information on this coach and team I accidentally saw out of the corner of my eye and followed the screams of joy and development!"

Been done before mate. Move along...

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 28/03/11, 03:33 pm

Blank77 wrote:Maybe we can make that previous thread a sticky for academy - it seems that the questions about select and cost. Any chance the moderators/admin could take time off from thread deletion and censoring?

Quite an assumption thinking there is an "Active" mod...he he he

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 28/03/11, 03:43 pm

Hey Blank:

NTSSA rules are meaningless and have no jurisdiction on SDL, TPGL, TxYSL ... they only apply to EAL/PAL/CAL and NT sanctioned tournaments.

NTSSA, LH, USYS and their rules are becoming less and less meaningful.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Txfutboldad 28/03/11, 03:44 pm

Grifter wrote:
Blank77 wrote:Maybe we can make that previous thread a sticky for academy - it seems that the questions about select and cost. Any chance the moderators/admin could take time off from thread deletion and censoring?

Blank77,

Assuming you have a job, how about you take time off from posting and get your a$$ back to work? Laughing

Grifter,

Is that active enough for ya?? cheers
Txfutboldad
Txfutboldad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 28/03/11, 03:46 pm

Txfutboldad wrote:
Grifter wrote:

Blank77,

Assuming you have a job, how about you take time off from posting and get your a$$ back to work? Laughing

Grifter,

I knew we could all get along. bom
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 28/03/11, 03:47 pm

wolf2.0 wrote:Shouldn't this be in the Teams/Players Looking section?

Reminds me of some of the great single-post count IDs of the past:

"Hi. I'm new to soccer. Can anybody tell me anything about a coach named John Doe who coaches an 03 team for Soccer FC. I think he is the guy who practices 5pm-6.15pm on Tuesdays and Fridays at the rec. fields (field #5 I think) in Hurst. I don't know but I have heard he is a great coach and all of the players love him. While randomly walking my dog I saw this is going to be a very competitive team and I overheard one of the parents say the fees are $50 a month and $25 for the uniform and they are looking to play SDL in the Fall. So, I was just wondering if anybody had any information on this coach and team I accidentally saw out of the corner of my eye and followed the screams of joy and development!"

Been done before mate. Move along...

Hey, I know that coach. He's really good.
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 03:56 pm

Txfutboldad wrote:
Grifter wrote:

Blank77,

Grifter,

No.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 03:57 pm

Kenshi Dave wrote:Hey Blank:

NTSSA rules are meaningless and have no jurisdiction on SDL, TPGL, TxYSL ... they only apply to EAL/PAL/CAL and NT sanctioned tournaments.

NTSSA, LH, USYS and their rules are becoming less and less meaningful.

Where have you been hiding? Do you even go to 01 soccer games any more?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next