North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Cost of Select Soccer - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Cost of Select Soccer

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cost of Select Soccer - Page 2 Empty Re: Cost of Select Soccer

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 03:57 pm

Kenshi Dave wrote:Hey Blank:

NTSSA rules are meaningless and have no jurisdiction on SDL, TPGL, TxYSL ... they only apply to EAL/PAL/CAL and NT sanctioned tournaments.

NTSSA, LH, USYS and their rules are becoming less and less meaningful.

Where have you been hiding? Do you even go to 01 soccer games any more?

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 28/03/11, 04:10 pm

nukem wrote:
wolf2.0 wrote:Shouldn't this be in the Teams/Players Looking section?

Reminds me of some of the great single-post count IDs of the past:

"Hi. I'm new to soccer. Can anybody tell me anything about a coach named John Doe who coaches an 03 team for Soccer FC. I think he is the guy who practices 5pm-6.15pm on Tuesdays and Fridays at the rec. fields (field #5 I think) in Hurst. I don't know but I have heard he is a great coach and all of the players love him. While randomly walking my dog I saw this is going to be a very competitive team and I overheard one of the parents say the fees are $50 a month and $25 for the uniform and they are looking to play SDL in the Fall. So, I was just wondering if anybody had any information on this coach and team I accidentally saw out of the corner of my eye and followed the screams of joy and development!"

Been done before mate. Move along...

Hey, I know that coach. He's really good.

"He really is a good coach so I've heard. I overheard somebody at Tom Thumb mention how their blind nephew was given the gift of sight upon hearing his name. On another random dog walking journey I saw him do something called a 'drag-back'. I have never seen nor heard of this but all of the parents and kids were in awe of him and worshipped him as one as he repeated the move again, this time he didn't fall over half way through and there were cheers and applause after the worship that resounded through the park until the falling of the sun. My dog wanted to learn to play soccer so badly after seeing him, she practiced and practiced all evening after we returned and just two days later she made ODP."

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 28/03/11, 04:14 pm

wolf2.0 wrote:
nukem wrote:

"Hi. I'm new to soccer. Can anybody tell me anything about a coach named John Doe who coaches an 03 team for Soccer FC. I think he is the guy who practices 5pm-6.15pm on Tuesdays and Fridays at the rec. fields (field #5 I think) in Hurst. I don't know but I have heard he is a great coach and all of the players love him. While randomly walking my dog I saw this is going to be a very competitive team and I overheard one of the parents say the fees are $50 a month and $25 for the uniform and they are looking to play SDL in the Fall. So, I was just wondering if anybody had any information on this coach and team I accidentally saw out of the corner of my eye and followed the screams of joy and development!"

Hey, I know that coach. He's really good.

"He really is a good coach so I've heard. I overheard somebody at Tom Thumb mention how their blind nephew was given the gift of sight upon hearing his name. On another random dog walking journey I saw him do something called a 'drag-back'. I have never seen nor heard of this but all of the parents and kids were in awe of him and worshipped him as one as he repeated the move again, this time he didn't fall over half way through and there were cheers and applause after the worship that resounded through the park until the falling of the sun. My dog wanted to learn to play soccer so badly after seeing him, she practiced and practiced all evening after we returned and just two days later she made ODP."

Yea, that reminds me.. I have a DD that's better than anyone else in NTX and I am just trying to figure out how to keep her engaged with all the low level riff raff competition... Maybe I should have her contact this coach you are talking about.... She demonstrated a drag-back on her second day of play, without ever even seeing one done... so maybe they are a good fit.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 04:16 pm

He also sold snacks during practice and spanked girls for making any mistakes. After practice, he drove off with two of the soccer moms in his big black truck.

Back to top Go down

Post by RAM II 28/03/11, 04:34 pm

Blank77 wrote:He also sold snacks during practice and spanked girls for making any mistakes. After practice, he drove off with two of the soccer moms in his big black truck.

So that must be where my wife went, thank God, I thought I'd gone deaf!

RAM II
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 04:54 pm

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your "ECNL - Some thoughts" thread. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by NotGuilty 28/03/11, 05:46 pm

GENIUS!!!! cheers cheers

Everyone has an angle, including the Wolf. However, I am sure that he would prefer no moderator intervention on his threads. Just ones that might impose on him. What say you oh great Wolf???

I am certain that this won't be the last conversation concerning select costs that is bantered about before July. As one paying select costs currently, I must say that one does wonder where some of that money gets funneled to.
NotGuilty
NotGuilty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jae 28/03/11, 06:31 pm

NotGuilty wrote:GENIUS!!!! cheers cheers

Everyone has an angle, including the Wolf. However, I am sure that he would prefer no moderator intervention on his threads. Just ones that might impose on him. What say you oh great Wolf???

I am certain that this won't be the last conversation concerning select costs that is bantered about before July. As one paying select costs currently, I must say that one does wonder where some of that money gets funneled to.

Marketing expenses... Coming up with clever postings on txsoccer.net cost a lot of money!

jae
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 06:32 pm

How do you think I can afford to be on here all day?

Back to top Go down

Post by NotGuilty 28/03/11, 06:41 pm

Blank77 wrote:How do you think I can afford to be on here all day?

Even more genius!!!! Blank's income supplementation. Now it makes sense. You get paid per post.
NotGuilty
NotGuilty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 28/03/11, 07:20 pm

My Andro money is drying up quickly - need to work on my MLM soccer skills network.

I had heard that the youth's sight was restored by the coach of the top area team (Rondos or Raffas something like that)? Apparently a t-shirt manufacturer, couldn't make out the name as the sequins were blinding me.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 28/03/11, 07:40 pm

clueless wrote:My Andro money is drying up quickly - need to work on my MLM soccer skills network.

I had heard that the youth's sight was restored by the coach of the top area team (Rondos or Raffas something like that)? Apparently a t-shirt manufacturer, couldn't make out the name as the sequins were blinding me.

I heard Andro is going Bankrupt next month. Is this true?
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 28/03/11, 08:24 pm

NotGuilty wrote:GENIUS!!!! cheers cheers

Thanks for acknowledging my greatness, I'm just interjecting some humor on the thread. No harm, no foul!

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 09:15 pm

Interject? Do you mean inject? Not a grammarfag, but not sure if that is right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 09:19 pm

Blank77 wrote:Interject? Do you mean inject? Not a grammarfag, but not sure if that is right.

Just a regular fag, I suspect....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 09:27 pm

overthetopjerk wrote:
Blank77 wrote:Interject? Do you mean inject? Not a grammarfag, but not sure if that is right.

Wow, that's such a good one, must be nice to be so clever with your 4th post. If that is your attempt at being over the top, you kinda failed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 09:30 pm

Blank77 wrote:
overthetopjerk wrote:

Wow, that's such a good one, must be nice to be so clever with your 4th post.

Thanks...and to clarify for you, "interject" was correct. Did you miss Grammar 101?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 09:33 pm

in·ter·ject   

–verb (used with object)
1. to insert between other things: to interject a clarification of a previous statement.
2. Obsolete . to come between.

What two things was he inserting humor between?

in·ject   
–verb (used with object)
1. to force (a fluid) into a passage, cavity, or tissue: to inject a medicine into the veins.
2. to introduce (something new or different): to inject humor into a situation.
3. to introduce arbitrarily or inappropriately; intrude.
4. to interject (a remark, suggestion, etc.), as into conversation.

Think it is pretty clear to be number 2 on inject over interject.

Pretty sure you are 0 for 5, maybe time for a new alias?

Last edited by Blank77 on 28/03/11, 09:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 28/03/11, 09:33 pm

"interject" - to throw in between or among other things

Probably works. I was inserting it between my sarcasm and misdirection. (But you might be right Blank!)

Last edited by wolf2.0 on 28/03/11, 09:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 09:35 pm

Probably works, but from your statement and knowing what you meant (and doing a little research after being called out) it is obvious inject works better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 09:38 pm

Blank77 wrote:in·ter·ject   

–verb (used with object)
1. to insert between other things: to interject a clarification of a previous statement.
2. Obsolete . to come between.

What two things was he inserting humor between?

in·ject   
–verb (used with object)
1. to force (a fluid) into a passage, cavity, or tissue: to inject a medicine into the veins.
2. to introduce (something new or different): to inject humor into a situation.
3. to introduce arbitrarily or inappropriately; intrude.
4. to interject (a remark, suggestion, etc.), as into conversation.

Think it is pretty clear to be number 2 on inject over interject.

Pretty sure you are 0 for 5, maybe time for a new alias?

Not sure I saw "humor" in the definition, but continue to live in your dream land. How does #1 under interject not work? If you are suggesting that the number of posts on this site somehow makes you smarter than anyone else, then you are a bigger joke than I thought you were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 09:47 pm

overthetopjerk wrote:Not sure I saw "humor" in the definition, but continue to live in your dream land. How does #1 under interject not work? If you are suggesting that the number of posts on this site somehow makes you smarter than anyone else, then you are a bigger joke than I thought you were.

Not the sharpest tool in thread, eh? Do you not see how this whole thing started?

wolf2.0 wrote: I'm just interjecting some humor on the thread. No harm, no foul!

Did you lose your baseball?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 09:54 pm

Also, selective reader, I clearly stated that interject probably does work, but inject works better. If you don't agree, argue with websters as I am just passing info along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 10:03 pm

Blank77 wrote:Also, selective reader, I clearly stated that interject probably does work, but inject works better. If you don't agree, argue with websters as I am just passing info along.

You must be linked very closely to Webster. Glad to see your high school education is kicking in nicely for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/11, 10:09 pm

Yup, you got me, no way to respond to such a witty retort. You sure are good at this Internet bully thing, so far you come up with fag, living in dreamland, I'm a joke, and now you are putting down my education. You are really on your A game. It is ashame you are too scared to come out and talk a little trash with your real account.

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt. Caveman 01/04/11, 12:30 pm

Getting back to the original subject of this thread: The cost of select soccer and whether to consider a cheaper club (possibly a newer club) vs. an established club IMO should take in consideration the strength, reputation and resources of the club, along with the quality and availability of the coaches and their ability to not only win but continuously develop their players. A young start up club may have cheaper select fees and may garner some local even regional attention but may not have the ability to attract (afford) enough good coaches to be competitive & who in turn attract the best players. If your DD is an 01 or 02, I'd go with a more established program even if it costs more, clubs that have clearly established development programs and the ability to compete and provide exposure at all levels (locally, regionally and nationally)typically will cost more. It doesn't matter how much goes to operating the club but what that club provides your DD in return. Furthermore, stability and longevity is a concern, ie., the success-to-failure percentage is high the first (5) years for new businesses, the same applies to soccer clubs if your DD is a talented player why risk her development and future on it? But hey thats just the opinion of a caveman...

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next