North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Andromeda '03G Mendoza now Sting '03G Mendoza!! - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Andromeda '03G Mendoza now Sting '03G Mendoza!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Andromeda '03G Mendoza now Sting '03G Mendoza!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Andromeda '03G Mendoza now Sting '03G Mendoza!!

Post by go99 31/03/11, 12:04 pm

bb01 wrote:This topic has been beat in the ground so much. Andromeda has supposely been closed how many times now. Yes finances are tight just like every club is going through right now due to the economy. There have been coaches not paid due to there choice in helping the club out. One team moves and Andro is on the auction block? Come on the facility is open and will continue to stay open.

This rumor has been floating around for 2 years now and it is always the person saying " I have a good source on the inside" yet evryone still plays there SDL games and the doors are all ways open.

So until next month when the inside source says Andro is on the auction block and we all continue to play there, well I would say get a better inside source!

Just a side note the 03 team that did move was not due to there coach not being paid because he has been. That was a choice From that coach and parents and good luck on the move.

Nice spin! But it's not 1 team moving in several and many being high profile coaches. The coaches sure do complain alot for guy who voluntairly chose not to be paid. Also the forclosure notice is not rumor but a matter of fact.

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Andromeda '03G Mendoza now Sting '03G Mendoza!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Andromeda '03G Mendoza now Sting '03G Mendoza!!

Post by play the game 31/03/11, 01:11 pm

Good-luck Sting 03 Mendoza. Its looks like you left at the right time. Wonder who will follow.

play the game
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/03/11, 01:12 pm

I was all set to show up at the auction to buy up the facility and start my own absolutely perfect soccer club. drunken But alas, apparently there is no auction set for April 5 (or May for that matter). An auction was, however, set for March 1 and didn't happen. (public records are your friends Smile)

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyArm 31/03/11, 01:21 pm

VTFWFan19 wrote:I was all set to show up at the auction to buy up the facility and start my own absolutely perfect soccer club. drunken But alas, apparently there is no auction set for April 5 (or May for that matter). An auction was, however, set for March 1 and didn't happen. (public records are your friends Smile)

I also checked again, and again for those public documents with the county and found no auction for April or May as well. It seems that somebody felt it necessary to start an S-Storm on this forum and see how far it would go. Well, for anyone still wondering, you can check out the Collin County web site, call the county clerk to check for yourselves. Happy Searching cheers
BabyArm
BabyArm
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/03/11, 01:24 pm

BabyArm wrote:
VTFWFan19 wrote:I was all set to show up at the auction to buy up the facility and start my own absolutely perfect soccer club. drunken But alas, apparently there is no auction set for April 5 (or May for that matter). An auction was, however, set for March 1 and didn't happen. (public records are your friends Smile)

I also checked again, and again for those public documents with the county and found no auction for April or May as well. It seems that somebody felt it necessary to start an S-Storm on this forum and see how far it would go. Well, for anyone still wondering, you can check out the Collin County web site, call the county clerk to check for yourselves. Happy Searching cheers

Agreed, didn't see anything, but wouldn't that only have to deal with tax liens? If it's a lender foreclosure and not a lien due to failure to pay property taxes, does that have to go through a public notice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/03/11, 01:26 pm

bwgophers wrote:
BabyArm wrote:

Agreed, didn't see anything, but wouldn't that only have to deal with tax liens? If it's a lender foreclosure and not a lien due to failure to pay property taxes, does that have to go through a public notice?

Yes. You can take a look at the 2/7/11 notice that has "expired."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/03/11, 02:45 pm

bb01 wrote:This topic has been beat in the ground so much. Andromeda has supposely been closed how many times now. Yes finances are tight just like every club is going through right now due to the economy. There have been coaches not paid due to there choice in helping the club out. One team moves and Andro is on the auction block? Come on the facility is open and will continue to stay open.

This rumor has been floating around for 2 years now and it is always the person saying " I have a good source on the inside" yet evryone still plays there SDL games and the doors are all ways open.

So until next month when the inside source says Andro is on the auction block and we all continue to play there, well I would say get a better inside source!

Just a side note the 03 team that did move was not due to there coach not being paid because he has been. That was a choice From that coach and parents and good luck on the move.

Andromeda has already told its teams to anticipate the likely closure of the facility in April. This is not rumor, this is what is expected. It is very much an inside secret as just about every parent with a child on an Andromeda team is aware of the impending foreclosure. Many Andromeda teams are already covering themselves through talks with other clubs about moving their teams. Could there be some kind of last minute deal between the club and the lender? Of course, but it is highly unlikely at this point. Just as was the case with Solar Soccer Club, eventually time runs out and the gavel drops. For the record, I don't revel in this information at all. It's really unfortunate. But to deny what is taking place is misleading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 31/03/11, 03:04 pm

Xara wrote:Andromeda has already told its teams to anticipate the likely closure of the facility in April. This is not rumor, this is what is expected. It is very much an inside secret as just about every parent with a child on an Andromeda team is aware of the impending foreclosure. Many Andromeda teams are already covering themselves through talks with other clubs about moving their teams. Could there be some kind of last minute deal between the club and the lender? Of course, but it is highly unlikely at this point. Just as was the case with Solar Soccer Club, eventually time runs out and the gavel drops. For the record, I don't revel in this information at all. It's really unfortunate. But to deny what is taking place is misleading.

What happened with Solar?
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 31/03/11, 03:19 pm

Sweeper wrote:
Xara wrote:Andromeda has already told its teams to anticipate the likely closure of the facility in April. This is not rumor, this is what is expected. It is very much an inside secret as just about every parent with a child on an Andromeda team is aware of the impending foreclosure. Many Andromeda teams are already covering themselves through talks with other clubs about moving their teams. Could there be some kind of last minute deal between the club and the lender? Of course, but it is highly unlikely at this point. Just as was the case with Solar Soccer Club, eventually time runs out and the gavel drops. For the record, I don't revel in this information at all. It's really unfortunate. But to deny what is taking place is misleading.

What happened with Solar?

Prince of Peace kicked them off their fields (after years of rumors about it).

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/03/11, 05:30 pm

Not only does this impact Andromeda, but I have to imagine it also has significant impact on SDL going forward.

SDL has to be playing something like 60-70% of their games at ATF this Spring. Plus the ATF fields actually drain pretty well. I can remember 2 or 3 occasions in the past year where other locations were cancelled while ATF got the games in.

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 01/04/11, 12:06 am

outonthelimb wrote:It's official.

The team formerly known as Andromeda '03G Mendoza has moved intact to Sting (now Sting '03G Mendoza). Best wishes to Andromeda SC and its families. Sting....here we come!!

The team is now more centrally located and will practice at Campbell Green Park (like most other Sting Academy teams and some Select) in Dallas (at the intersection of Campbell Rd and Hillcrest) on Tues/Thurs 6-7:30pm.

Bring your DD, bring her friends....heck bring the whole team. We are always looking to add good families and even better kids to the team.

Thanks Sweeper, JJ, Bighead, Matchfit and all the other well wishers.

The first day at the all girls school (Sting) went off without much of a hitch.

The parents managed to find the fields on time although the coach parked in the wrong (or most distant) parking lot....newbie

None of the big girls tried to stuff any of our girls into their backpacks.

None of the Titan boys practicing after us stole the girls balls or bullied them out of their water jugs.

The other '03s didn't even laugh at our girls for not having on the practice uniforms.

And best of all, no one told us to go back to East Plano.

Changing clubs isn't so scary after all but then again I haven't seen the new academy or uniform packet fee yet either.....
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 01/04/11, 12:09 am

outonthelimb wrote:

The team formerly known as Andromeda '03G Mendoza has moved intact to Sting (now Sting '03G Mendoza). Best wishes to Andromeda SC and its families. Sting....here we come!!

The team is now more centrally located and will practice at Campbell Green Park (like most other Sting Academy teams and some Select) in Dallas (at the intersection of Campbell Rd and Hillcrest) on Tues/Thurs 6-7:30pm.

Bring your DD, bring her friends....heck bring the whole team. We are always looking to add good families and even better kids to the team.

The parents managed to find the fields on time although the coach parked in the wrong (or most distant) parking lot....newbie

None of the Titan boys practicing after us stole the girls balls or bullied them out of their water jugs.

The other '03s didn't even laugh at our girls for not having on the practice uniforms.

Changing clubs isn't so scary after all but then again I haven't seen the new academy or uniform packet fee yet either.....

Oooh! You're in for a treat cheers

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by play the game 01/04/11, 08:48 am

outonthelimb wrote:

Good luck glad all went well. Funny about your coach not knowing were to park.

play the game
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futboler 01/04/11, 09:34 am

outonthelimb wrote:

So being a former Andro parent care to shed any light on what has been discussed here? Truth to any of it?
Futboler
Futboler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/04/11, 07:17 pm

I heard 2 rumors....please note I said "rumors".....FC Dallas was interested in the fields and the other was that LP was interested in the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubDD95/00 04/04/11, 04:44 pm

Just recieved email from our team manager, forwarded from Andromeda. Was getting ready to go to practice and got the call. Tired of this BS from the club. Mad Mad

AndromedaSC-Managers" Date: Monday, April 4, 2011, 3:58 PM

The ATF is closed today and for the remainder of this week.

Managers and coaches need to find alternate locations for practice.

Details to follow.
ClubDD95/00
ClubDD95/00
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 04/04/11, 10:01 pm

ClubDD95/00 wrote:Just recieved email from our team manager, forwarded from Andromeda. Was getting ready to go to practice and got the call. Tired of this BS from the club. Mad Mad

Details to follow.

Uh oh..... that does not sound good. We were told that something "might" happen with the fields on April 4th or 5th needless to say our team didn't hang around to find out. The optimist in me wants to believe that maybe this closing for the week might have something to do with the rainfall and strong winds in East Plano last night or maybe broad leaf weed spraying but not the rumors of closings.

Last edited by outonthelimb on 04/04/11, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/04/11, 10:04 pm

They should have had more fundraisers and car washes.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2MuchTime 04/04/11, 10:22 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
ClubDD95/00 wrote:Just recieved email from our team manager, forwarded from Andromeda. Was getting ready to go to practice and got the call. Tired of this BS from the club. Mad Mad

Details to follow.

Uh oh..... that does not sound good. We were told that something "might" happen with the fields on April 4th or 5th needless to say our team didn't hang around to find out. The optimist in me wants to believe that maybe this closing for the week might have something to do with the rainfall and strong winds in East Plano last night or maybe broad leaf weed spraying but not the rumors of closings.

The lender is closing in. It's not looking like a happy ending based on my information. Andromeda would like to allow a foreclosure then work out a longterm lease. The lender just wants its money but also knows the facility has a limited appeal given its proximity to the treatment plant. My best guess: Andromeda throws the last remnants of money at the problem, buys a few more months with which to plan, liquidates all but the necessities, and then scatters its remaining teams where they can. Many will bail. Lighted fields are hard to come by.
2MuchTime
2MuchTime
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by play the game 05/04/11, 11:27 am

play the game wrote:

Wow!! bb01 you have some inside scoop. There are always two stories to a story. I think you trying to do some damage control. cheers

bb01 will you now give us an update!!!!!! as when the doors at ATF will be open!!! affraid

play the game
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bb01 05/04/11, 12:13 pm

Stay tuned! Smile

bb01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by play the game 08/04/11, 10:02 am

bb01 wrote:Stay tuned! Smile

Now how long do we have to wait bb01? Do you really know whats going to happen? BE HONEST! What a Face

play the game
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2