North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

U9 Prime Time Tournament - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

U9 Prime Time Tournament

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

U9 Prime Time Tournament - Page 4 Empty Re: U9 Prime Time Tournament

Post by jj4mel 12/05/11, 12:59 pm

bwgophers wrote:
AP Pollster wrote:Slater, thanks! That's how I see it. I don't think the 02's have a posession team in the top 4 spots. Anyone disagree?

I'll disagree slightly. My DD's '01 team (DT North R. Hollis) played SRSA Webb '02 in a tourney a couple of weeks ago. There were definitely possession elements in Webb's game. Definitely not kickball, and not really Route 1 direct either. They do rely quite a bit on 1-v-1 skills vs. true 1-touch then pass possession style, but once they use 1-v-1 to get clear of an opposing player, they are looking to make the pass. By the way, that's to their advantage, as they are a VERY skilled 1-v-1 team.

Actually, that's a lot of what I see from teams that try to play a possession game at this age. There seems to be more emphasis on developing 1-v-1 skills and physicality, than developing proper receiving, trapping, and passing techniques that would be required to play a "true" possession game. The girls try to receive the ball, control it and make an accurate pass, but just don't have the ability to do so, especially under pressure. So it ends up in a situation where they have to use ball skills and "muscle" to win a 1-v-1 battle, get in the clear and then look for the pass.

You should watch her '03 SRSA team. They play with the same possession type of game. Many passess, one touches, pass the ball back to goal and restart, etc. The '03 team does not have near the size the '02 girls have so that may be why our girls run around more and pass the ball quickly. Very Happy

Not trying to stir the pot or brag about our team. Just VERY proud of what my DD and her team has accomplished at this age this early.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 12/05/11, 02:12 pm

jj4mel wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
AP Pollster wrote:Slater, thanks! That's how I see it. I don't think the 02's have a posession team in the top 4 spots. Anyone disagree?

I'll disagree slightly. My DD's '01 team (DT North R. Hollis) played SRSA Webb '02 in a tourney a couple of weeks ago. There were definitely possession elements in Webb's game. Definitely not kickball, and not really Route 1 direct either. They do rely quite a bit on 1-v-1 skills vs. true 1-touch then pass possession style, but once they use 1-v-1 to get clear of an opposing player, they are looking to make the pass. By the way, that's to their advantage, as they are a VERY skilled 1-v-1 team.

Actually, that's a lot of what I see from teams that try to play a possession game at this age. There seems to be more emphasis on developing 1-v-1 skills and physicality, than developing proper receiving, trapping, and passing techniques that would be required to play a "true" possession game. The girls try to receive the ball, control it and make an accurate pass, but just don't have the ability to do so, especially under pressure. So it ends up in a situation where they have to use ball skills and "muscle" to win a 1-v-1 battle, get in the clear and then look for the pass.

You should watch her '03 SRSA team. They play with the same possession type of game. Many passess, one touches, pass the ball back to goal and restart, etc. The '03 team does not have near the size the '02 girls have so that may be why our girls run around more and pass the ball quickly. Very Happy

Not trying to stir the pot or brag about our team. Just VERY proud of what my DD and her team has accomplished at this age this early.

They are a special group.....but special is not the norm. Most teams are not like that 03 group. They impressed me two years ago.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by 02soccerdad 12/05/11, 09:37 pm

Should be a good 11v11 Tournament. Top 4 teams in it. Weather should be good. I bet our DD's are almost as excited as we are.
02soccerdad
02soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/05/11, 11:44 pm

on a serious note, which is rare for me, in repsonse to some of the dialogue on this thread and the overly complex bantering on the ntx hasn't gotten the message thread the quality of play continues to improve at younger and younger ages as the years go by with the competetion and the quality training available. when i was 8 and played for Burger Chef Black in '79, i think we were still picking the ball up with our hands and kicking in our own goal.

regardless of your perspective on what real development is and how the game should be played, the bottom line is we are still gonna see some really good play out of some little kids this weekend. i think someone used the word "glimpes" earlier. i know there'll be some ugly spots and some kickball, but i have also seen some pretty amazing sh*& from time to time out of these 02s.

have fun and dont get thrown out. there's always at least one each tourny!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 12/05/11, 11:55 pm

I will be watching from a distance. On Monday I will rank which teams have the most out of control parents!

Tondo, since you will be out of town I will try to keep Sdad under control!

Good luck to all this weekend. I look forward to watching some good games.

I do everything through instinct, I play like a child ... I think about myself on a small field, or in the street, I see myself with the ball in the same way as I am now. I have not changed at all. You must remember soccer is a game to have fun and you play for that. I don't plan or anticipate my play." -Messi
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SdadX2 13/05/11, 07:15 am

soccerskills wrote:I will be watching from a distance. On Monday I will rank which teams have the most out of control parents!

s.

SS, You can't control me, you can only hope to contain me.

SdadX2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 13/05/11, 07:44 am

SdadX2 wrote:
soccerskills wrote:I will be watching from a distance. On Monday I will rank which teams have the most out of control parents!

s.

Of course Sdad, I will attempt to contain. We all know it's that beautiful bride of yours that controls you lol!

I do everything through instinct, I play like a child ... I think about myself on a small field, or in the street, I see myself with the ball in the same way as I am now. I have not changed at all. You must remember soccer is a game to have fun and you play for that. I don't plan or anticipate my play." -Messi
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SdadX2 13/05/11, 07:52 am

soccerskills wrote:
SdadX2 wrote:

s.

Of course Sdad, I will attempt to contain. We all know it's that beautiful bride of yours that controls you lol!

Well, as she says, I just let him think he's in control. I'm to dumb to realize she's right. Sad

SdadX2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4