North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 TryoutsYesterday at 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGORYesterday at 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/GrapevineYesterday at 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLEYesterday at 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Money, Money, Money, Money ... MONEY! - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

Money, Money, Money, Money ... MONEY!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Money, Money, Money, Money ... MONEY! - Page 2 Empty Re: Money, Money, Money, Money ... MONEY!

Post by MrRogers 12/10/11, 10:09 am

DrSoccer wrote:If your dd plays on a top select program You will spend between 50k-100k on her select soccer habit up to U18. ECNL has even upped the costs, esp w/r/2 travel.If I ever thought my kid would not be playing in college I would have found her a club/team that was free and played in whatever league (or formed her own Plano Premier team), it's just way too much money for a hobby.. not to mention the $ your are spending right now in academy.

Consider this:

8yrsx3k=24k dues
8yrsx2k=16k (2-3 travel tournaments- fla,phoenix,cal,colo,nj,ill)
8yrsx1k=8k local tournaments, games, (ok,sa,hou)
8yrsx1k=uniforms,cleats,balls,etc..
8yrsx??=extra skills, indoor fees, extras...

24+16+8+8+?=56,000+

I agree COMPLETLY.

This is a decision ALL academy parents will one day need to make.

At some point if my kid proves to not be ECNL material or D1 LH, then there is no way I will pay that much money to play on a big name club in Plano league or Arlington. Fortunately, there are plenty of decent options for parents looking to save $$$ yet still provide their child with a venue to enjoy soccer with friends growing up.

At some point you need to be honest with the talent/skill level of your kids so as to afford them the decency of playing where they will have fun without the pressure of trying to be more than they are capable of due to mommy and daddy spending a mortgage payment on a game.

Either your kids will be national team capable, D1 college bound, D2, or D3. Figure it out and act accordingly. There is NO reason to spend 50-75K trying to get a D2/D3 scholarship.

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Money, Money, Money, Money ... MONEY! - Page 2 Empty Re: Money, Money, Money, Money ... MONEY!

Post by allsport22 12/10/11, 10:10 am

Triumph FC wrote:I quickly browsed over this but I think some of you are missing the point. The coach isn't getting $120 an hour 12 x $10. To play in another league costs money $700 - $1200. The one thing I do agree with is an email to the parents "hey would like to play in another league as well as Sunday at an additional $10 a month to cover costs, anyone up for that?" type of email. The leagues cost big money to play in just remember that.

Hey Triumph ~ you are absolutely right that the leagues cost money. The players are paying the league fees ($700-$1200 divided by the roster size) PLUS the $10/player/game. It's the extra coaching fee of $10/game/player that doesn't line up.

allsport22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 12/10/11, 10:14 am

allsport22 wrote:
Triumph FC wrote:I quickly browsed over this but I think some of you are missing the point. The coach isn't getting $120 an hour 12 x $10. To play in another league costs money $700 - $1200. The one thing I do agree with is an email to the parents "hey would like to play in another league as well as Sunday at an additional $10 a month to cover costs, anyone up for that?" type of email. The leagues cost big money to play in just remember that.

Hey Triumph ~ you are absolutely right that the leagues cost money. The players are paying the league fees ($700-$1200 divided by the roster size) PLUS the $10/player/game. It's the extra coaching fee of $10/game/player that doesn't line up.

As I said just browsing and not getting all the facts but the poster said an additional $10 a game to play in another league on top of the first is my interpretation of what was written. You are absolutely right the monthly fees paid the first league but who is paying the $700-$1200 to play in the second league? Thats where SOME of the $10 per game per player is going I'm sure
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by allsport22 12/10/11, 10:26 am

Triumph FC wrote:
allsport22 wrote:

As I said just browsing and not getting all the facts but the poster said an additional $10 a game to play in another league on top of the first is my interpretation of what was written. You are absolutely right the monthly fees paid the first league but who is paying the $700-$1200 to play in the second league? Thats where SOME of the $10 per game per player is going I'm sure

The parents are paying the $700-$1200 straight for the league. The manager collected $90+/player from the parents for SDL Saturday league (u9) and paid SDL for Saturday. The manager then collected $90+/player from the parents for SDL Sunday league (u8) and paid SDL for Sunday. The monthly coaching dues do not cover any league play. The extra $10/player/game is purely a coaching fee and does not go to cover league fees at all. The players/parents paid for the 2 league fees.

allsport22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 12/10/11, 10:29 am

allsport22 wrote:
Triumph FC wrote:
allsport22 wrote:

The parents are paying the $700-$1200 straight for the league. The manager collected $90+/player from the parents for SDL Saturday league (u9) and paid SDL for Saturday. The manager then collected $90+/player from the parents for SDL Sunday league (u8) and paid SDL for Sunday. The monthly coaching dues do not cover any league play. The extra $10/player/game is purely a coaching fee and does not go to cover league fees at all. The players/parents paid for the 2 league fees.
cheers wow get me a job with that club!!!!! Very Happy
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer5555 12/10/11, 11:10 am

It sounds like your problem is with how the money is being collected vs. the total amount you are paying. Some of the academy parents on this thread are paying $100 or more per month. You're right about there with your total fees paid. You can find some independent academy teams where the coaches don't charge any fee if you've got a problem with how much you are being charged. The bottom line is that you are paying for the coach/team. If you don't like it, then find a place you like. Your total fees are not the highest in academy.

The $160/hour comparison someone made was pretty funny. Realistically, they will be at the field early for warm-up and stay around after the game. The coach will likely have to give up about 2.5 hours of his/her Sunday (with travel to/from the game).

soccer5555
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/11, 11:20 am

If there is a market for it. Why not? Some people like to to stimulate the economy. It's funny how our soccer clubs, leagues, coaches know how to create jobs better than our federal government!

in my opinion a really good skills coach 5 times a week. Would be better than a second league.

Back to top Go down

Post by 98_01_03_05_Dad 12/10/11, 12:59 pm

"out of town tournament" for an 04 team? Are you kidding me? Why?

98_01_03_05_Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/11, 01:06 pm

"out of town tournament" for an 04 team? Are you kidding me? Why?

the only out of town tournament city an 04 team should go to is "the colony" Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy4Academy 12/10/11, 01:24 pm

anselansel wrote:"out of town tournament" for an 04 team? Are you kidding me? Why?

the only out of town tournament city an 04 team should go to is "the colony" Razz

It took me a minute to figure out which club/coach is being referenced by this thread. This 04 coach/team has done an out of state tournament before. To answer your next question: I am not kidding you. Yes, an out of STATE tournament for an 04 team.

Crazy4Academy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/11, 01:25 pm

gullible parents, probably on a "top" team cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 12/10/11, 01:26 pm

Crazy4Academy wrote:
anselansel wrote:"out of town tournament" for an 04 team? Are you kidding me? Why?

It took me a minute to figure out which club/coach is being referenced by this thread. This 04 coach/team has done an out of state tournament before. To answer your next question: I am not kidding you. Yes, an out of STATE tournament for an 04 team.

A fool and his money...

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 12/10/11, 03:10 pm

Crazy4Academy wrote:

Was this out of state tourney primarily for the '04 team, or was the '04 team invited to tag along with other teams the coach was taking?

I'm assuming you all are talking about the Solar team that went to Oklahoma?

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by allsport22 12/10/11, 04:10 pm

jj4mel wrote:
Crazy4Academy wrote:

Was this out of state tourney primarily for the '04 team, or was the '04 team invited to tag along with other teams the coach was taking?

Several teams went to Oklahoma ~ 03G, 04G, 04B ... maybe 03B (I can't remember when they left). I wouldn't say the 04G team 'tagged along'. However, the 04G are going back to Oklahoma this month ... probably the only team the coach is taking.

allsport22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 12/10/11, 04:19 pm

allsport22 wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
Crazy4Academy wrote:

Several teams went to Oklahoma ~ 03G, 04G, 04B ... maybe 03B (I can't remember when they left). I wouldn't say the 04G team 'tagged along'. However, the 04G are going back to Oklahoma this month ... probably the only team the coach is taking.

Yep, Not the 1st out of state tourney this coach has done. I think there is plenty of other tourneys locally that is more cost efficient still resulting in ball touches. Is he going back to the same city as his spring tourney? If so well we know the real reason he is doing this tourney then.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 12/10/11, 04:26 pm

soccer5555 wrote:It sounds like your problem is with how the money is being collected vs. the total amount you are paying. Some of the academy parents on this thread are paying $100 or more per month. You're right about there with your total fees paid. You can find some independent academy teams where the coaches don't charge any fee if you've got a problem with how much you are being charged. The bottom line is that you are paying for the coach/team. If you don't like it, then find a place you like. Your total fees are not the highest in academy.

The $160/hour comparison someone made was pretty funny. Realistically, they will be at the field early for warm-up and stay around after the game. The coach will likely have to give up about 2.5 hours of his/her Sunday (with travel to/from the game).

First off this coach is only there 30mins before the game for warm up and is done right with said them right after the game is through. He isn't staying 2.5hrs period unless he has other games with other teams which that team is also paying him the over inflated prices.

So if you use $120 per game ($10 per player per game) and do the math now even at 1hr 15mins (45mins of game time plus 30mins warm up) that still equals out to $96 an hour. If I made that an hour I would be making close to $200k a year before taxes for just working 40hrs a week 52 weeks a year. PLEASE SIGN ME UP!

Please know I am not saying these coaches shouldn't make a living but lets keep cost in line esp at 8yrs old. I am not against paying select fees when my dds are select age but my kid is u8 not u11 big difference.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 12/10/11, 04:59 pm

jen_nah wrote:
soccer5555 wrote:It sounds like your problem is with how the money is being collected vs. the total amount you are paying. Some of the academy parents on this thread are paying $100 or more per month. You're right about there with your total fees paid. You can find some independent academy teams where the coaches don't charge any fee if you've got a problem with how much you are being charged. The bottom line is that you are paying for the coach/team. If you don't like it, then find a place you like. Your total fees are not the highest in academy.

First off this coach is only there 30mins before the game for warm up and is done right with said them right after the game is through. He isn't staying 2.5hrs period unless he has other games with other teams which that team is also paying him the over inflated prices.

So if you use $120 per game ($10 per player per game) and do the math now even at 1hr 15mins (45mins of game time plus 30mins warm up) that still equals out to $96 an hour. If I made that an hour I would be making close to $200k a year before taxes for just working 40hrs a week 52 weeks a year. PLEASE SIGN ME UP!

Please know I am not saying these coaches shouldn't make a living but lets keep cost in line esp at 8yrs old. I am not against paying select fees when my dds are select age but my kid is u8 not u11 big difference.

So...If you don't like the fees, don't travel and don't play the additional games. It's a simple fix? Right? Can't charge you for coaching if you do not accept the invitation to play? I do not think he forces anyone to go to Oklahoma to play? Have you ever gone and discussed the fees with the coach?

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 12/10/11, 05:08 pm

jj4mel wrote:
jen_nah wrote:

So...If you don't like the fees, don't travel and don't play the additional games. It's a simple fix? Right? Can't charge you for coaching if you do not accept the invitation to play? I do not think he forces anyone to go to Oklahoma to play? Have you ever gone and discussed the fees with the coach?

Why do that? Its much easier to get on here and just complain. LHGCL is greedy and sucks. The refs are just stupid and mean and refuse to do their jobs. Coaches are incompetent and greedy, spending their time just collecting the huge bucks.

Its just the poor parents who fund this, who control their own dd's, who could walk any time they wanted to, that are simply powerless.

Thank goodness there are boards like this that will save us all.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by geno105 12/10/11, 05:20 pm

ballhead wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
jen_nah wrote:

Why do that? Its much easier to get on here and just complain. LHGCL is greedy and sucks. The refs are just stupid and mean and refuse to do their jobs. Coaches are incompetent and greedy, spending their time just collecting the huge bucks.

Its just the poor parents who fund this, who control their own dd's, who could walk any time they wanted to, that are simply powerless.

You know what the powerless do...Occupy LHGCL!!
geno105
geno105
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by over_it 12/10/11, 05:24 pm

ballhead wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
jen_nah wrote:

No doubt it is an easy fix. As it was mentioned in an earlier post, it comes down to a personal decision...and has become an easier choice for some.

And yes, many have approached the coach. His position was that his fees were common and nobody else had a problem with them and if you don't trust his judgment then you can find somewhere else to play. Turns out his fees aren't that common and many parents had a problem with them (not just the person he was talking to at the time) and several players on his teams took his advice and have found somewhere else to play. Although to be honest, I think the money was more of an irritant than the main reason they left.

And ballhead ~ valid point. What I think you will find in this case is that there is more action underway than complaining on the part of the parents.

over_it
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 12/10/11, 07:58 pm

over_it wrote:
ballhead wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
jen_nah wrote:

No doubt it is an easy fix. As it was mentioned in an earlier post, it comes down to a personal decision...and has become an easier choice for some.

And yes, many have approached the coach. His position was that his fees were common and nobody else had a problem with them and if you don't trust his judgment then you can find somewhere else to play. Turns out his fees aren't that common and many parents had a problem with them (not just the person he was talking to at the time) and several players on his teams took his advice and have found somewhere else to play. Although to be honest, I think the money was more of an irritant than the main reason they left.

And ballhead ~ valid point. What I think you will find in this case is that there is more action underway than complaining on the part of the parents.

Live over_it stated above many of us questioned the fees. Many even asked for record keeping as things just seemed very inflated. We were meet with resistance from the coach. We approach the manager which is super nice and tries to help but she doesn't have complete break down of everything because everything was pretty much handled via directly to the coach. We even questioned where the local department store fundraiser donation went too. We couldn't get a straight answer.

For us we did opt to not play in 2 leagues due to rising cost for just our u8 player. We opted out of out of state tourneys due to cost. We even gave alternative tourneys that were still in state but close driving distance (1.5hr drive compared to 4+hr drive). Said coach telling us this was the norm with in all clubs. He easily forgot that my u8 dd isn't my only soccer player. We have been with multiple clubs between the 2 girls so no his fees are not the norm and way over inflated.

We are no longer with said team and this was one of many reasons we left. Not the driving one but very high up on the list.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/11, 08:54 pm

jen_nah wrote:
over_it wrote:
ballhead wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
jen_nah wrote:

Live over_it stated above many of us questioned the fees. Many even asked for record keeping as things just seemed very inflated. We were meet with resistance from the coach. We approach the manager which is super nice and tries to help but she doesn't have complete break down of everything because everything was pretty much handled via directly to the coach. We even questioned where the local department store fundraiser donation went too. We couldn't get a straight answer.

For us we did opt to not play in 2 leagues due to rising cost for just our u8 player. We opted out of out of state tourneys due to cost. We even gave alternative tourneys that were still in state but close driving distance (1.5hr drive compared to 4+hr drive). Said coach telling us this was the norm with in all clubs. He easily forgot that my u8 dd isn't my only soccer player. We have been with multiple clubs between the 2 girls so no his fees are not the norm and way over inflated.

We are no longer with said team and this was one of many reasons we left. Not the driving one but very high up on the list.

His prepractice death marches were the bomb. No less then 3 or 4 were in tears from the forced runs....and practice hadn't even begun! CRAZY SMART FOR KIDS THAT YOUNG TWICE A WEEK. afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 12/10/11, 09:27 pm

Pitchdad wrote:
jen_nah wrote:
over_it wrote:
ballhead wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
jen_nah wrote:

His prepractice death marches were the bomb. No less then 3 or 4 were in tears from the forced runs....and practice hadn't even begun! CRAZY SMART FOR KIDS THAT YOUNG TWICE A WEEK. afro

If this is true I would report to director of coaching and then yes, stay as far away from this idiot near psychopathic coach as possible.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by HoldTheDoor 12/10/11, 09:48 pm

Ok! He is an AWESOME coach. Yes there are fees that are a bit out there but as has been mentioned, you don't have to play. There are several girl's parents that have opted not to play in both leagues. How it was put to me was: the coaching fee covers two practices and one game. Since we agreed to have our DD play in two leagues, we then had to pay an additional coaching fee for the extra game. I paid the club for the lights fee, not the coach. However, that WAS an unexpected expense that we did not pay last year, but it's better than practicing in the dark. I personally did not ask why, I will check with our manager. As for the running and girls crying, they just had to get used to it. One parent who is no longer with the team mentioned that her other daughter's team runs two miles so the eight laps around our field (which is probably the equivalent if 1 mile) isn't that bad. Yes, some cried at first but not one of them does any more. They are a well conditioned group of girls, and my DD absolutely loves going to every practice.

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/11, 10:09 pm

Eliza466 wrote:Ok! He is an AWESOME coach. Yes there are fees that are a bit out there but as has been mentioned, you don't have to play. There are several girl's parents that have opted not to play in both leagues. How it was put to me was: the coaching fee covers two practices and one game. Since we agreed to have our DD play in two leagues, we then had to pay an additional coaching fee for the extra game. I paid the club for the lights fee, not the coach. However, that WAS an unexpected expense that we did not pay last year, but it's better than practicing in the dark. I personally did not ask why, I will check with our manager. As for the running and girls crying, they just had to get used to it. One parent who is no longer with the team mentioned that her other daughter's team runs two miles so the eight laps around our field (which is probably the equivalent if 1 mile) isn't that bad. Yes, some cried at first but not one of them does any more. They are a well conditioned group of girls, and my DD absolutely loves going to every practice.

I can still hear the parents now yelling at them to pick it up. Haha. I can still picture the looks on a few of the poor kids faces. The poor things. I'm sorry but there trully is no need to have a 6 year old doing that, and yes I've seen him doing that since they were that age. Ask a medical doctor what that is doing to their body at that/this age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 12/10/11, 10:10 pm

I'm sorry but any coach who runs a U7/U8 practice the same way he runs a U16 doesn't know what he is doing and does not have the best interest of the players at heart.

Also, seriously, what is wrong with these parents playing their 7 and 8 year old girls 2 practices a week along with two games??? I bet some of these are also doing private skill sessions.

Half of this team will not be playing the game at all in 2-3 years.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next