North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 TryoutsYesterday at 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGORYesterday at 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/GrapevineYesterday at 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLEYesterday at 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Money, Money, Money, Money ... MONEY! - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

Money, Money, Money, Money ... MONEY!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Money, Money, Money, Money ... MONEY! - Page 3 Empty Re: Money, Money, Money, Money ... MONEY!

Post by Shelby427 12/10/11, 10:10 pm

I'm sorry but any coach who runs a U7/U8 practice the same way he runs a U16 doesn't know what he is doing and does not have the best interest of the players at heart.

Also, seriously, what is wrong with these parents playing their 7 and 8 year old girls 2 practices a week along with two games??? I bet some of these are also doing private skill sessions.

Half of this team will not be playing the game at all in 2-3 years.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Money, Money, Money, Money ... MONEY! - Page 3 Empty Re: Money, Money, Money, Money ... MONEY!

Post by Guest 12/10/11, 10:14 pm

Shelby427 wrote:I'm sorry but any coach who runs a U7/U8 practice the same way he runs a U16 doesn't know what he is doing and does not have the best interest of the players at heart.

Also, seriously, what is wrong with these parents playing their 7 and 8 year old girls 2 practices a week along with two games??? I bet some of these are also doing private skill sessions.

Half of this team will not be playing the game at all in 2-3 years.

@Shelby.. how else is that stud coach going to maintain that top 4 ranking that keeps the bucks coming in. Will they give a flip that little Suzy has growth plate issues at 10? Hell no, because they will just replace her!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 12/10/11, 10:16 pm

Pitchdad wrote:
Eliza466 wrote:Ok! He is an AWESOME coach. Yes there are fees that are a bit out there but as has been mentioned, you don't have to play. There are several girl's parents that have opted not to play in both leagues. How it was put to me was: the coaching fee covers two practices and one game. Since we agreed to have our DD play in two leagues, we then had to pay an additional coaching fee for the extra game. I paid the club for the lights fee, not the coach. However, that WAS an unexpected expense that we did not pay last year, but it's better than practicing in the dark. I personally did not ask why, I will check with our manager. As for the running and girls crying, they just had to get used to it. One parent who is no longer with the team mentioned that her other daughter's team runs two miles so the eight laps around our field (which is probably the equivalent if 1 mile) isn't that bad. Yes, some cried at first but not one of them does any more. They are a well conditioned group of girls, and my DD absolutely loves going to every practice.

I can still hear the parents now yelling at them to pick it up. Haha. I can still picture the looks on a few of the poor kids faces. The poor things. I'm sorry but there truly is no need to have a 6 year old doing that, and yes I've seen him doing that since they were that age. Ask a medical doctor what that is doing to their body at that/this age.

It's very stupid and is not even beneficial to their conditioning. Little kids condition naturally throughout daily play and activities. A practice at this age should be based on fun skill centric activities that allow the children to have FUN playing the game of soccer and to explore what they can do with a ball and their feet.

A well run practice for 6-8 year olds will include activity that teaches skill AND conditions in the process without making the game feel like a chore.

Now when you get to U8 and U9 you can start to increase the intensity of practice just a little, but even at this age, if you run your practice correct and practice year round, there will be little need for dedicated conditioning.

Trying to build conditioning through grueling runs for kindergarten and first graders is and I'll say it again... one of the DUMBEST things I have EVER heard in my 15 years of dealing with youth soccer.

I am sorry but there is NO WAY you can call this coach good for academy soccer. You are LYING to yourselves. Do your kid and your pocketbook a favor as there are MUCH better coaches who know what they are doing with this age group.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bhamilton1 12/10/11, 11:13 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
Pitchdad wrote:
Eliza466 wrote:Ok! He is an AWESOME coach. Yes there are fees that are a bit out there but as has been mentioned, you don't have to play. There are several girl's parents that have opted not to play in both leagues. How it was put to me was: the coaching fee covers two practices and one game. Since we agreed to have our DD play in two leagues, we then had to pay an additional coaching fee for the extra game. I paid the club for the lights fee, not the coach. However, that WAS an unexpected expense that we did not pay last year, but it's better than practicing in the dark. I personally did not ask why, I will check with our manager. As for the running and girls crying, they just had to get used to it. One parent who is no longer with the team mentioned that her other daughter's team runs two miles so the eight laps around our field (which is probably the equivalent if 1 mile) isn't that bad. Yes, some cried at first but not one of them does any more. They are a well conditioned group of girls, and my DD absolutely loves going to every practice.

I can still hear the parents now yelling at them to pick it up. Haha. I can still picture the looks on a few of the poor kids faces. The poor things. I'm sorry but there truly is no need to have a 6 year old doing that, and yes I've seen him doing that since they were that age. Ask a medical doctor what that is doing to their body at that/this age.

It's very stupid and is not even beneficial to their conditioning. Little kids condition naturally throughout daily play and activities. A practice at this age should be based on fun skill centric activities that allow the children to have FUN playing the game of soccer and to explore what they can do with a ball and their feet.

A well run practice for 6-8 year olds will include activity that teaches skill AND conditions in the process without making the game feel like a chore.

Now when you get to U8 and U9 you can start to increase the intensity of practice just a little, but even at this age, if you run your practice correct and practice year round, there will be little need for dedicated conditioning.

Trying to build conditioning through grueling runs for kindergarten and first graders is and I'll say it again... one of the DUMBEST things I have EVER heard in my 15 years of dealing with youth soccer.

I am sorry but there is NO WAY you can call this coach good for academy soccer. You are LYING to yourselves. Do your kid and your pocketbook a favor as there are MUCH better coaches who know what they are doing with this age group.

I will not defend the running because it has been an issue with many of the parents, and he has recently decided to stop doing it. I personally was never big on the running, but I will admit that our girls are very well conditioned compared to many of the teams we have played. We did lose a lot of potential players that came out to our practices because many of those first timers were the ones that would cry and never come back. It's definitely not for everyone. Every parent has to make a personal decision on that.

The 2 practices a week with 2 games is a non issue. 4 hours a week is not a big deal in my opinion. Most of the girls on our team play multiple sports, so most of these kids aren't living soccer 24/7. Also, they only play two games a weekend for 8 weeks. During the summer and winter, we only practice once a week. We also take time off after the season is over. Most of us played sports every single day as a kid, so 4 hours a week is nothing. (unless your kid is just getting into competitive sports) I don't know of many teams that practice/play less than 4 hours a week.

Also, to say that half of these kids will not be playing the game in 2 to 3 years is just shock value. If you knew these kids personally, you would see that they absolutely love the game and have a blast. I can also vouch for the parents, we have no parents out there pushing these kids too hard and our parents would never let the kids be damaged in anyway.

I realize that the coach has made some enemies and that is none of my business.
Do I agree with everything the coach does? No
But then again you should never agree with everything your coach does. He has to do what is best for the team and the parents have to do what is best for their kid. It's the nature of the beast. It's not my job to defend the coach but I will say the girls on our team love their coach and he does know how to coach the game.
If you want to rip our coach, thats your prerogative, but the only thing I ask is that you don't take it out on the 04 team. Those kids have done nothing but show up to play soccer and have fun with their friends.

bhamilton1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/11, 06:59 am

Does he still stand next to the red rocket and groom himself for all the soccer mommies to see? "On display, on display...each and every day, every day"
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by allsport22 13/10/11, 08:38 am

bhamilton1 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Pitchdad wrote:

I will not defend the running because it has been an issue with many of the parents, and he has recently decided to stop doing it. I personally was never big on the running, but I will admit that our girls are very well conditioned compared to many of the teams we have played. We did lose a lot of potential players that came out to our practices because many of those first timers were the ones that would cry and never come back. It's definitely not for everyone. Every parent has to make a personal decision on that.

The 2 practices a week with 2 games is a non issue. 4 hours a week is not a big deal in my opinion. Most of the girls on our team play multiple sports, so most of these kids aren't living soccer 24/7. Also, they only play two games a weekend for 8 weeks. During the summer and winter, we only practice once a week. We also take time off after the season is over. Most of us played sports every single day as a kid, so 4 hours a week is nothing. (unless your kid is just getting into competitive sports) I don't know of many teams that practice/play less than 4 hours a week.

Also, to say that half of these kids will not be playing the game in 2 to 3 years is just shock value. If you knew these kids personally, you would see that they absolutely love the game and have a blast. I can also vouch for the parents, we have no parents out there pushing these kids too hard and our parents would never let the kids be damaged in anyway.

But then again you should never agree with everything your coach does. He has to do what is best for the team and the parents have to do what is best for their kid. It's the nature of the beast. It's not my job to defend the coach but I will say the girls on our team love their coach and he does know how to coach the game.
If you want to rip our coach, thats your prerogative, but the only thing I ask is that you don't take it out on the 04 team. Those kids have done nothing but show up to play soccer and have fun with their friends.

So as is often the case, this thread has taken on a life of its own and has wandered off the topic of fees and money. I agree with you, bhamilton, that the parents and kids are a good group and should not be viewed negatively. I don't think anyone close to the situation has anything but positive feelings about the kids and parents ... both the 04 and 03 girls in fact. I would also agree that the coach has a very good repoire with the girls. It is that very relationship that makes the impact of his actions so tough on the girls when he gives up on them (individually or as a team).

Hey, I happened to like the 'fitness' running at the beginning of practice when it was just a pre-practice warm-up routine. Fitness is part of soccer. The coach went too far when it became a punishment. He decided to teach the 03 girls pride on defense by punishing them with 30 laps after being scored on the first week. 30 laps is roughly 4 miles. I think every parent thought that was unreasonable and unproductive ... and the girls were very impacted. The parents who approached the coach to express concern about the reasonableness of 30 laps were berated. Berated.

No doubt the coach has created a storm all around for many reasons. I don't think the issues reflect on the kids or parents ... those who are still there or those who have left.

allsport22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 13/10/11, 08:54 am

My question is why are there people sticking around? Isn't the normal practice to get out of the building before the bomb goes off?

This seems to be a great group of parents and a GREAT group of girls. There are many options available and my guess is that most teams would welcome these players with open arms.

Even if your child likes the coach and most will at this age, we have to be able to step back and see the bigger picture. I am not close to this situation, but the posts above are enough to paint a clear enough picture to get far, far away.

Extra money that can't be anwered for, excessive running as punishment for 7-8 year olds, being told its the norm to travel out of state at this age, berating parents, etc. My other question would be, does Solar have a DOC that parents can go to? Or is that job too difficult when you have JK and KW on your staff?

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 13/10/11, 09:00 am

allsport22 wrote:
bhamilton1 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Pitchdad wrote:

So as is often the case, this thread has taken on a life of its own and has wandered off the topic of fees and money. I agree with you, bhamilton, that the parents and kids are a good group and should not be viewed negatively. I don't think anyone close to the situation has anything but positive feelings about the kids and parents ... both the 04 and 03 girls in fact. I would also agree that the coach has a very good repoire with the girls. It is that very relationship that makes the impact of his actions so tough on the girls when he gives up on them (individually or as a team).

Hey, I happened to like the 'fitness' running at the beginning of practice when it was just a pre-practice warm-up routine. Fitness is part of soccer. The coach went too far when it became a punishment. He decided to teach the 03 girls pride on defense by punishing them with 30 laps after being scored on the first week. 30 laps is roughly 4 miles. I think every parent thought that was unreasonable and unproductive ... and the girls were very impacted. The parents who approached the coach to express concern about the reasonableness of 30 laps were berated. Berated.

No doubt the coach has created a storm all around for many reasons. I don't think the issues reflect on the kids or parents ... those who are still there or those who have left.

I honestly don't know who the coach or team is... Anyhow, it doesn't matter to me if it was Messi...the coach CLEARLY does not understand the correct way to work with 6-8 year olds.

The things mentioned here are more suited for U14+ not U7. He/she might be a great select level coach but from what I hear he/she has no business coaching little kids.

If a U7 coach told my 7 year old girl to run 30 laps, I would take my kid and leave practice and not come back. I won't let some ego-maniac adult bully my 7 year old little girl and pay for it at the same time. That's what the parents should have done. I don't blame the little girls... I blame the parents.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 13/10/11, 09:38 am

A somewhat related story.

I recall a pre-school teacher whom all the parents hated due to her bossiness and how she addressed the kids (parents felt that it was too rough and was inappropriate). They were preparing to visit the principal about this and have it addressed. I would help out in the mornings and I questioned all the kids about this teacher. Every single one loved her and said she was their favorite.

The point being, kids seek discipline, in this day and age, more so than the parents apparently.

If you want to find out, drop your kid off and don't watch practice. Your child will let you know if it's not going well.

The running does seem extreme, but, from the outside looking in, this looks like a lot of jealousy and coddling of kids to me. FYI - girls will cry from running up to high school, get used to it, when one starts...it's contagious.

One other point, don't ever go to a gym and watch how 6-7 year olds are trained.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/11, 10:15 am

How about crying from pain, cramping up, throwing up. I sat across from enough of those sessions to have seen it. Glad it wasn't my kid and I'm as a big an Ahole as the next Guy when it comes to not coddling, but wrong is wrong. When a 6 year old is doubled over puking ya shouldn't be yelling at them to "suck it up and move".

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 13/10/11, 10:21 am

clueless wrote:A somewhat related story.

I recall a pre-school teacher whom all the parents hated due to her bossiness and how she addressed the kids (parents felt that it was too rough and was inappropriate). They were preparing to visit the principal about this and have it addressed. I would help out in the mornings and I questioned all the kids about this teacher. Every single one loved her and said she was their favorite.

The point being, kids seek discipline, in this day and age, more so than the parents apparently.

If you want to find out, drop your kid off and don't watch practice. Your child will let you know if it's not going well.

The running does seem extreme, but, from the outside looking in, this looks like a lot of jealousy and coddling of kids to me. FYI - girls will cry from running up to high school, get used to it, when one starts...it's contagious.

One other point, don't ever go to a gym and watch how 6-7 year olds are trained.

Yes, kids of all ages seek discipline, but they do not seek punishment. The discipline needs to come in the form of paying attention, attempting to follow the coach's instructions, and giving their best effort.

A coach needs to be able to realize that just like other ages, these kids are in different stages of development both physically and mentally. It is not a one size fits all philosophy.

Discipline and even punishment should be handled much like parents do at home. When your 7-8-9 year old needs to be disciplined we don't make them go outside and clean out the gutters on the roof or make them operate lawn equipment to do the yard. We take something away from them that they truly love. Maybe that is TV time, soccer practice, PS3, Wii, having friends over, etc.

There is age appropriate discipline in everything and the examples given are NOT age appropriate and in my mind outright dangerous to the physical and psychological well being of a kid this age.

Like said before, if a coach truly knows what they are doing, they can involve fitness training in a way that is fun for the girls. This goes for all levels, not just the young ones.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 13/10/11, 10:45 am

There is a difference between tough love, tough coaching, and abuse.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/11, 10:56 am

I may have missed it, but I love that noone has actually typed the coach's name out. Maybe he should be called He Who Must Not Be Named.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 13/10/11, 11:37 am

Tap_the_Brakes wrote:I may have missed it, but I love that noone has actually typed the coach's name out. Maybe he should be called He Who Must Not Be Named.

Only takes about 10 seconds to figure it out if you look at the Solar web site.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by allsport22 13/10/11, 11:42 am

Shelby427 wrote:

Yep ~ there is a difference. I don't think the coach has moved into the realm of abuse ... not even close. Really.

allsport22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/11, 11:50 am

allsport22 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

Yep ~ there is a difference. I don't think the coach has moved into the realm of abuse ... not even close. Really.

In all seriousness, if 30 laps is not/was not abusive/uncalled for/ whatever you want to call it...why did he loose all those players? To each and everyone of those parents it was and instances like that are what drive good kids and parents from a sport that can and is a great game to be involved in as a player and a family. I will never forget the childhood memories and friends i made because i had a little sister that played. My first trip out of Texas as a teenager was to South Florida for a Orange Cup tournament she played in. And when kids/parents have to deal with crap like that it kills the spirit behind it all.

Some people have no place coaching kids of this age, does he know his stuff..maybe...can he get you a top 4 ranking on the parents poll....if he can keep the team together long enough hell yeah, but at what expense?

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 13/10/11, 12:07 pm

I want to say first and for most. Is I truly care about this team (parents & players). They are a great group and we made some great friends while there. We do wish them the best of luck. Just wasn't what my dd needed.

My problem came in with the running when it became a punishment because it did for the '04 team once. It was this summer when we had a scrimmage with during the middle of the day (100+ degrees). I approached the coach before the scrimmage to please keep an eye on my dd on the side line as she has asthma. We don't usually have issues but that week she had been struggling and had to use her inhaler more then usual. She had been cleared to play from her Dr. just the Thursday before.

During said scrimmage our girls I guess were told NOT to score. Well they did because the opportunity presented itself multiple times. They had passed multiple times to move the ball up the field. They were looking good or at least us parents thought so. This scrimmage lasted a full hour in the hot blazing summer heat. After the scrimmage the coach made them run multiple laps for each goal they scored. He was mad at them for doing so.

I got upset because early into the run my dd started struggling to breathe. He told her to suck it up and keep going. Even our manager questioned him on why the runs after an hour of play. We never got an answer from him. I did make my dd stop running. No way am I going to put my kids health at risk.

I understand running is good for them. Trust me I am all for it. I am the parent that Eliza talked about. My '04 ran 2 miles twice a week this summer with her older sister for conditioning with her team. I never pushed my '04 to do so she choice to do it b/c she wants to be like her big sis. Also she is competitive by nature.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 13/10/11, 02:08 pm

allsport22 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

Forcing a 6-7 year old to run a mile or two under verbal pressure while crying is abuse. It may not be hot iron on the face abuse, but it is a level of abuse. Sorry, but it is.

The parents who tolerated this should be ashamed.

One other thing, being a coach of a top team in a top club is not a big deal at this age. The club name ALONE draws the top athletic talent and you have multiple teams to draw the best of the best from which at age 6 and 7 can be enough to have a top team.

If a coach has a problem at multple age groups and teams keeping this talent together, then there is an obvious problem with the coach.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bhamilton1 13/10/11, 03:49 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
allsport22 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

Forcing a 6-7 year old to run a mile or two under verbal pressure while crying is abuse. It may not be hot iron on the face abuse, but it is a level of abuse. Sorry, but it is.

The parents who tolerated this should be ashamed.

One other thing, being a coach of a top team in a top club is not a big deal at this age. The club name ALONE draws the top athletic talent and you have multiple teams to draw the best of the best from which at age 6 and 7 can be enough to have a top team.

If a coach has a problem at multple age groups and teams keeping this talent together, then there is an obvious problem with the coach.

OK, enough with the drama and accusing our parents of allowing child abuse to take place.
The issue with the running occured when the 03 team was told to run 30 laps. Those parents were understandibly concerned and took action. I don't know all the details but many of them left the team. The 04 team was never told to run 30 laps. If they were, I'm sure the coach would have seen the same reaction as he got from the 03 parents.
I also do not agree with using running as a punishment, but at no time has my child ever been put in a situation that could be labeled child abuse. My child had a cramp one time while running laps and immediately sat down.
Our parents are out there with the girls during practice and have no problem stepping in and taking their daughter off the field if they are concerned about something. If your kid is a couch potato, then running laps might seem like child abuse to you. These kids are athletes and can run 8 laps around the soccer field and are barely breathing hard.
Apparently the coach has been confronted by parents about the running and the response maybe wasn't what it should have been. But let's be clear. Parents are not letting their kids be abused.
I have never seen yelling from the parents during their run either, only encouragement.
I also never saw anyone throwing up as Pitchdad says. I'm not saying it couldn't have happened but I never saw it.
And keep in mind, there is a bit of a double standard. I've seen 2nd grade boys football teams at the same fields doing ten times more conditioning than our girls soccer team was doing but since they are boys, no one is going to say anything.

bhamilton1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden_Foot 13/10/11, 03:50 pm

You know folks....I have been on this site reading for over 2 years now... I finally decided to join but you probably will not see many posts from me... Some posts are awesome----- Some are rubbish.... When I was young I played sports and still do... At age 6/7/8/9/10 and throughout college we were always pushed...to condition and strengthen our bodies.... Yeah running stinks....Yeah going to the gym stunk... But its part of the game or sports that I have played and part of the sport that our daughters are playing...Some of you make it sound like he was going to run the girls till they died... If some of them were crying it was probably the same act that they put on when we tell them to clean their room.... Right??? They don't want to do it... They pout and cry...Maybe even a tantrum...Happens at my house on occasion..... Or maybe some of you live in a utopian world???? Not me.... Its reality... Where this whole thing goes sideways is when you start personally attacking someone as you hide behind your keyboard....Yes Pitchdad... I am calling you out...are you upset you don't have a Shiny Red Car??? Maybe then you can be on display.... Oh wait.... You have already displayed yourself by your posts personally attacking a coach.....You know what they say about opinions????? Obviously you have many.....

Cheers

Golden_Foot
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/11, 04:01 pm

Golden_Foot wrote: You know folks....I have been on this site reading for over 2 years now... I finally decided to join but you probably will not see many posts from me... Some posts are awesome----- Some are rubbish.... When I was young I played sports and still do... At age 6/7/8/9/10 and throughout college we were always pushed...to condition and strengthen our bodies.... Yeah running stinks....Yeah going to the gym stunk... But its part of the game or sports that I have played and part of the sport that our daughters are playing...Some of you make it sound like he was going to run the girls till they died... If some of them were crying it was probably the same act that they put on when we tell them to clean their room.... Right??? They don't want to do it... They pout and cry...Maybe even a tantrum...Happens at my house on occasion..... Or maybe some of you live in a utopian world???? Not me.... Its reality... Where this whole thing goes sideways is when you start personally attacking someone as you hide behind your keyboard....Yes Pitchdad... I am calling you out...are you upset you don't have a Shiny Red Car??? Maybe then you can be on display.... Oh wait.... You have already displayed yourself by your posts personally attacking a coach.....You know what they say about opinions????? Obviously you have many.....

Cheers

No need to call me out. I am out there. There are posts that are meant as humor, there are those that are not. If you read them that is clear.

As far as the red car, nah. Mines silver, it reflects the image much better!
Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 13/10/11, 04:07 pm

Golden_Foot wrote: You know folks....I have been on this site reading for over 2 years now... I finally decided to join but you probably will not see many posts from me... Some posts are awesome----- Some are rubbish.... When I was young I played sports and still do... At age 6/7/8/9/10 and throughout college we were always pushed...to condition and strengthen our bodies.... Yeah running stinks....Yeah going to the gym stunk... But its part of the game or sports that I have played and part of the sport that our daughters are playing...Some of you make it sound like he was going to run the girls till they died... If some of them were crying it was probably the same act that they put on when we tell them to clean their room.... Right??? They don't want to do it... They pout and cry...Maybe even a tantrum...Happens at my house on occasion..... Or maybe some of you live in a utopian world???? Not me.... Its reality... Where this whole thing goes sideways is when you start personally attacking someone as you hide behind your keyboard....Yes Pitchdad... I am calling you out...are you upset you don't have a Shiny Red Car??? Maybe then you can be on display.... Oh wait.... You have already displayed yourself by your posts personally attacking a coach.....You know what they say about opinions????? Obviously you have many.....

Cheers

I have no problem pushing kids to do better and improve, but there are limits.

Why don't we just put our 1st graders in Navy Seal Hell week. That will toughen them up right?

Are there kids that will cry when having to run 2 laps? Yes and I would say this is a bit too soft... but 30? Seriously... you think that is ok for a 7 year old... If so I feel sorry for your kids.

There is a CLEAR differenc in coaching/training 7 year olds and 14+ year olds. This coach doesn't seem to know the difference and it is something parents should pay attention to as more of these clubs push their top level coaches down to the younger age groups.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Man 13/10/11, 04:27 pm

Cheers

Everyone, meet the coach...
Muffin Man
Muffin Man
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/11, 04:43 pm

@muffinman..that avatar is down right scrumptious!

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 13/10/11, 04:48 pm

This is exactly what throws decent discussions on this board off.

Anyone can chime in on any topic, but when you directly tell a parent they should be ashamed, you are crossing the line.

For the Solar parents. I see your point and understand exactly what you are saying. I also can understand what the others are saying when they are talking about conditioning.

However, running 8 laps (roughly 1 1/2 miles) IS NOT GOOD for kids of this age. The repetitive pounding IS NOT GOOD for their bodies. If you want to run fine, line up and do 40 sprints that are 10 seconds each with a set rest period in between. Half the girls would look at that as a race! Whatever you do, any type of long distance for this age is NEVER TO BE DONE! 30 laps in just absolutely crazy.

As far as the coach goes, if you are practicing (the correct way) 2 times a week and have games 2 times a week, you should never need to do conditioning with 7/8/9 year olds. Any coach that is in a top club needs to understand this.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden_Foot 13/10/11, 04:59 pm

Muffin Man wrote:

Cheers

Everyone, meet the coach...

Incorrect..... Happy Parent??????? Pitchdad has said something that I can finally agree with.... You do look yummy..... Smile

Golden_Foot
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next