North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03 Girls - AFC adidas Fall Challenge - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

03 Girls - AFC adidas Fall Challenge

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

03 Girls - AFC adidas Fall Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: 03 Girls - AFC adidas Fall Challenge

Post by coachdom23 06/11/11, 01:44 pm

turftoe9 wrote:
https://events.gotsport.com/%28S%28bnnramalppqdau550idqna55%29%29/events/results.aspx?EventID=19625&GroupID=178780&Sex=Girls&Age=9

How does DTS & JUVENTUS get put into the same bracket?

Originally, it was set to be a 6-team cross play. I changed it to 8-team division and did not adjust the seedings.

I will fix, today

coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

03 Girls - AFC adidas Fall Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: 03 Girls - AFC adidas Fall Challenge

Post by Guest 06/11/11, 01:48 pm

Agreed- DT South and Juventus should be split. That is one nice thing about the PT tournaments- they usually do a great job with the brackets.

I disagree, nothing worse than the entitlement mentality of some teams. put a top team in each bracket where they can safely get to a final rather than slug it out with other top teams and earn it.......

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 06/11/11, 02:01 pm

coachdom23 wrote:
turftoe9 wrote:
https://events.gotsport.com/%28S%28bnnramalppqdau550idqna55%29%29/events/results.aspx?EventID=19625&GroupID=178780&Sex=Girls&Age=9

Originally, it was set to be a 6-team cross play. I changed it to 8-team division and did not adjust the seedings.

I will fix, today

fixed
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 06/11/11, 02:28 pm

coachdom23 wrote:
coachdom23 wrote:
turftoe9 wrote:

I will fix, today

fixed

Talk about Service!

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/11/11, 03:45 pm

anselansel wrote:I disagree, nothing worse than the entitlement mentality of some teams. put a top team in each bracket where they can safely get to a final rather than slug it out with other top teams and earn it.......

I understand what you mean, but I think these top teams have earned it. When you talk about DT South and Juventus you are talking about 2 '03 teams that have continually put themselves against top opponents. I guess you could do away with ranking the 64+ teams that make the NCCA tournament and just let them play against whatever team comes up in a random draw, but I don't consider it entitlement when those teams earn their seeds.

Nice job Coach Dom with the quick fix (although anselansel may be disappointed).

Back to top Go down

Post by Airwynn 07/11/11, 06:55 am

wow! it's all good, but 8 year olds starting a game at 8:50 pm....??? Should make for interesting soccer for these girls Very Happy I don't think it will be a true test of their ability to play soccer, rather a test of who has a bedtime or not...
Airwynn
Airwynn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 07/11/11, 08:14 am

coachdom23 wrote:
turftoe9 wrote:

I will fix, today

Makes since, Great Job!
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 12:37 pm

I understand what you mean, but I think these top teams have earned it. When you talk about DT South and Juventus you are talking about 2 '03 teams that have continually put themselves against top opponents. I guess you could do away with ranking the 64+ teams that make the NCCA tournament and just let them play against whatever team comes up in a random draw, but I don't consider it entitlement when those teams earn their seeds.

i still disagree, this is academy. no qualifying tournament has been played, no real season. the tournaments SHOULD be a random draw and whoever wins, wins. but holding brackets for certain teams is an entitlement system and statements like "How does DTS & JUVENTUS get put into the same bracket?" prove my point.......

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 07/11/11, 12:59 pm

anselansel wrote:I understand what you mean, but I think these top teams have earned it. When you talk about DT South and Juventus you are talking about 2 '03 teams that have continually put themselves against top opponents. I guess you could do away with ranking the 64+ teams that make the NCCA tournament and just let them play against whatever team comes up in a random draw, but I don't consider it entitlement when those teams earn their seeds.

i still disagree, this is academy. no qualifying tournament has been played, no real season. the tournaments SHOULD be a random draw and whoever wins, wins. but holding brackets for certain teams is an entitlement system and statements like "How does DTS & JUVENTUS get put into the same bracket?" prove my point.......

This isn't entitlement. Those 2 teams have proved themselves to be 2 of the top 03 teams. I don't know where you've gotten your soccer logic from, but if you want to play where they draw at random and everyone gets a participation trophy go back to Rec.
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 01:05 pm

This isn't entitlement. Those 2 teams have proved themselves to be 2 of the top 03 teams. I don't know where you've gotten your soccer logic from, but if you want to play where they draw at random and everyone gets a participation trophy go back to Rec.

lol, don't want a participation trophy, just don't want two teams (and their parents)to think that at age u-9 they are entitled to play in a final and game the brackets to do so.

Last edited by anselansel on 07/11/11, 01:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 07/11/11, 01:08 pm

anselansel wrote:This isn't entitlement. Those 2 teams have proved themselves to be 2 of the top 03 teams. I don't know where you've gotten your soccer logic from, but if you want to play where they draw at random and everyone gets a participation trophy go back to Rec.

lol, don't want a participation trophy, just don't want two teams (and their parents)to think that at age u-9 they are entitled to play in a final and game the brackets to do so......

The still have to win their brackets. Let these other teams step up and stop them!
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 01:11 pm

by the way where in the registration sign up does it say that brackets will be assigned based on what teams have perceived to have "earned" maybe coachdom can weigh in on that.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 01:34 pm

anselansel wrote:i still disagree, this is academy. no qualifying tournament has been played, no real season. the tournaments SHOULD be a random draw and whoever wins, wins. but holding brackets for certain teams is an entitlement system and statements like "How does DTS & JUVENTUS get put into the same bracket?" prove my point.......

ansel, when you say "no qualifying tournament has been played, no real season" we don't buy that. We have followed these teams through the seasons and tournaments and are comforatble saying they have earned their spots as the top ranked teams.

Also, when you say "this is academy" then you should expect rankings and arranging of the brackets. That is what academy is all about.

I mean, come on, you are even writing this on a forum for soccer-crazed, team-ranking, tournament bracketing parents. Why would you expect us not to want a tournament set up the way tournaments are usually set up? What are you going to do next weekend- take your pet deer for a walk through the Texas woods? Know your audience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 01:39 pm

"Also, when you say "this is academy" then you should expect rankings and arranging of the brackets. That is what academy is all about.

I mean, come on, you are even writing this on a forum for soccer-crazed, team-ranking, tournament bracketing parents. Why would you expect us not to want a tournament set up the way tournaments are usually set up? What are you going to do next weekend- take your pet deer for a walk through the Texas woods? Know your audience."

trust me, i know my audience. as far as that is what academy is about, that's a leap, that is what select is all about. my point was and still is, arranging brackets to favor teams into a final and demanding it from a tournament official is an entitlement mentality. i still say randomize the brackets and let the chips fall where they may......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 01:42 pm

anselansel wrote:by the way where in the registration sign up does it say that brackets will be assigned based on what teams have perceived to have "earned" maybe coachdom can weigh in on that.....

You are right, it probably doesn't say that anywhere. Most tournaments (from academy to the NFL playoffs) try to keep top teams separated. Most people think such a system makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 01:48 pm

in a tournament that has ACTUAL rankings to rely on, i could go for that. is rankings, scores. wins/losses, goals scored, goals against kept by the sdl? eal? nope, because this is ACADEMY, not select.........

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 07/11/11, 01:50 pm

anselansel wrote:in a tournament that has ACTUAL rankings to rely on, i could go for that. is rankings, scores. wins/losses, goals scored, goals against kept by the sdl? eal? nope, because this is ACADEMY, not select.........

They are kept in the Prime Time league and that is where the TOP teams are playing. What is your beef with this in the first place? Your team is in the silver division. Unless you are no longer with Liverpool Rush?

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 07/11/11, 01:51 pm

anselansel wrote:in a tournament that has ACTUAL rankings to rely on, i could go for that. is rankings, scores. wins/losses, goals scored, goals against kept by the sdl? eal? nope, because this is ACADEMY, not select.........

Tournament coordinators will generally lean heavily on the input of ALL participating coaches when creating brackets.

The reason to create brackets in this matter with some form of seeding is in order to create the most fair environment for all teams, strong and weak.

This is nothing new and is just common sense.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 01:59 pm

"Tournament coordinators will generally lean heavily on the input of ALL participating coaches when creating brackets."

this is a welcome post. if the coaches have input and generally agree on the fairness of a bracket, then i have no problem. The problem comes when the brackets are gamed to favor one team over another

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 02:21 pm

anselansel wrote:because this is ACADEMY, not select.........

I know it is easy to look down on us and say it is just academy, but this is the level we are at and we put everything we have into it. I admit we get carried away, but to disregard the system because it is not select is not fair. The u16 parents can look at the u13 parents and say "they are still young- it's just u13." LHGCL parents might feel the same about PPL and then ECNL can look down and shake their heads at LHGCL parents. Somewhere Hope Solo's mom can giggle at how serious college parents are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Calm Down 07/11/11, 02:25 pm

I think all Tournament Directors will use seeding, you always want the finals to be a close back and fourth game.
No one want to see a 15-0 blow out in the end game.

Calm Down
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 02:25 pm

What about the weaker teams in the Brakets? Surely it's better for them to have 1 "strong" team to play as opposed to two in pool play?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 02:44 pm

I know it is easy to look down on us and say it is just academy, but this is the level we are at and we put everything we have into it. I admit we get carried away, but to disregard the system because it is not select is not fair. The u16 parents can look at the u13 parents and say "they are still young- it's just u13." LHGCL parents might feel the same about PPL and then ECNL can look down and shake their heads at LHGCL parents. Somewhere Hope Solo's mom can giggle at how serious college parents are.

my intention was not to look down on anybody, I said it was academy not select because select IS all about winning and academy is still about developing. as far as 15-0. i think some girls would be happy to make the finals even if they are pummeled rather than have a system where a final is out of reach due to bracket construction. Just an opinion, take it or leave it....

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 07/11/11, 02:46 pm

pretty much all the tournament are seeded the best they can. Some do a better job than other. We could always go to a world cup style random drawing. Laughing and just hope you don't get the "group of death"
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 07/11/11, 02:51 pm

anselansel wrote:I know it is easy to look down on us and say it is just academy, but this is the level we are at and we put everything we have into it. I admit we get carried away, but to disregard the system because it is not select is not fair. The u16 parents can look at the u13 parents and say "they are still young- it's just u13." LHGCL parents might feel the same about PPL and then ECNL can look down and shake their heads at LHGCL parents. Somewhere Hope Solo's mom can giggle at how serious college parents are.

my intention was not to look down on anybody, I said it was academy not select because select IS all about winning and academy is still about developing. as far as 15-0. i think some girls would be happy to make the finals even if they are pummeled rather than have a system where a final is out of reach due to bracket construction. Just an opinion, take it or leave it....

I am gonna give this one the GO "bump" I think a random drawing would make the tournaments interesting. No more "top" teams skating into the finals. Might make the outcomes less predictable. See one of the top team not in a situation of walking into the final round but instead in the situation of having to step up and fight their way in. I like it. Juve want to play for the hardware? Beat south to get there. Now tournaments would be interesting
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 02:52 pm

We could always go to a world cup style random drawing. and just hope you don't get the "group of death"

lol, if it's good enough for the world cup, it MIGHT be good enough for north texas soccer... tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next