North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03 Girls - AFC adidas Fall Challenge - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

03 Girls - AFC adidas Fall Challenge

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

03 Girls - AFC adidas Fall Challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: 03 Girls - AFC adidas Fall Challenge

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 02:52 pm

We could always go to a world cup style random drawing. and just hope you don't get the "group of death"

lol, if it's good enough for the world cup, it MIGHT be good enough for north texas soccer... tongue

Back to top Go down

03 Girls - AFC adidas Fall Challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: 03 Girls - AFC adidas Fall Challenge

Post by go99 07/11/11, 02:54 pm

Oh and have the schedules by age group so they are all playing at the same times. Friday or thursday "Drawing" event and make it for charity. Oh I can see them pulling the ping pong balls already
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 02:54 pm

I am gonna give this one the GO "bump" I think a random drawing would make the tournaments interesting. No more "top" teams skating into the finals. Might make the outcomes less predictable. See one of the top team not in a situation of walking into the final round but instead in the situation of having to step up and fight their way in. I like it. Juve want to play for the hardware? Beat south to get there. Now tournaments would be interesting

yep, that was my point, well done

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 03:08 pm

World cup draw is always seeded!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 03:09 pm

anselmanselm wrote:I said it was academy not select because select IS all about winning and academy is still about developing

My point is that whatever level you are at there is someone looking down at you and thinking your level is development (colleges looking at select or WNT looking at colleges). But whatever level you are on at the time you want to win, you want to develop and you want to have fun. You want the best experience possible for your family. Most people feel that brackets that take into consideration the quality of teams is the best way to go to provide the best tournament for the teams involved.

And, just for the record there is more that goes into the world cup draw then random ping pong balls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 03:15 pm

My point is that whatever level you are at there is someone looking down at you and thinking your level is development (colleges looking at select or WNT looking at colleges)

well, true i guess, but academy is about development according to....academy themselves but i get your drift

And, just for the record there is more that goes into the world cup draw then random ping pong balls.

such as copious amounts of money and liquor?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 03:20 pm

anselmanselm wrote:such as copious amounts of money and liquor?

Yes- that is exactly how they decided where to play the World Cup in 2022!

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 07/11/11, 03:31 pm

yes there is more to it than that but it is still to some degree random with often top teams knocking each other out before the final round. Same goes for the champions league. oh and all those domestic cups (carling etc)
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by thiescj 07/11/11, 03:39 pm

go99 wrote:yes there is more to it than that but it is still to some degree random with often top teams knocking each other out before the final round. Same goes for the champions league. oh and all those domestic cups (carling etc)

The plan of any good TD should have the two best teams matchup in the final. The brackets have been revised and are now how they should be. Now it is up to the other teams in this tournament to see if they can pull of an upset.
thiescj
thiescj
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 03:48 pm

The plan of any good TD should have the two best teams matchup in the final. The brackets have been revised and are now how they should be. Now it is up to the other teams in this tournament to see if they can pull of an upset.

not necessarily, l would like to see teams fight it out for that shot at the final, not have it handed to them.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 07/11/11, 03:54 pm

anselansel wrote:The plan of any good TD should have the two best teams matchup in the final. The brackets have been revised and are now how they should be. Now it is up to the other teams in this tournament to see if they can pull of an upset.

not necessarily, l would like to see teams fight it out for that shot at the final, not have it handed to them.....

You assume the two strongest teams are the only teams in the bracket. What about the other teams stuck now with two mega teams in the same bracket. They have no chance as they would need to upset TWO teams just to get a chance at semi-finals.

Proper seeding gives all teams the best shot at getting to the playoffs and finals based on MERIT not LUCK.

This is as it should be.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 07/11/11, 03:59 pm

anselansel wrote:The plan of any good TD should have the two best teams matchup in the final. The brackets have been revised and are now how they should be. Now it is up to the other teams in this tournament to see if they can pull of an upset.

This is how it has always been and how it should always be. So let it be written, so let it be done. king
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 04:00 pm

You assume the two strongest teams are the only teams in the bracket. What about the other teams stuck now with two mega teams in the same bracket. They have no chance as they would need to upset TWO teams just to get a chance at semi-finals.

Proper seeding gives all teams the best shot at getting to the playoffs and finals based on MERIT not LUCK.

This is as it should be.

but you ignore the other shoe, now the other bracket has a fighting chance for a final appearance and the two strong teams get the lesson of fighting to get into a final.....

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 07/11/11, 04:03 pm

from the american standpoint everything is always seeded to try and get the strongest matchups in the later games. I still think a little randomness might make things a little more interesting. And my guess is the soccer world will not collapse on itself if they did it. So just to stir things up a bit, Who was afraid to play who? Afterall, if you win then it doesn't matter what the seeding was. Twisted Evil
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 04:07 pm

So just to stir things up a bit, Who was afraid to play who? Afterall, if you win then it doesn't matter what the seeding was.

that is exactly correct. what are you afraid of? if you are the best team, you will prevail anyway all you have to lose is your handed to you spot of being in the final. Champions don' t need TD's gaming the brackets......... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 07/11/11, 04:08 pm

anselansel wrote:You assume the two strongest teams are the only teams in the bracket. What about the other teams stuck now with two mega teams in the same bracket. They have no chance as they would need to upset TWO teams just to get a chance at semi-finals.

This is as it should be.

but you ignore the other shoe, now the other bracket has a fighting chance for a final appearance and the two strong teams get the lesson of fighting to get into a final.....

oh speaking of merit and not luck. The teams have so much merit that they would rather have the path cleared for them until the finals in the hopes that they get lucky enough to beat the team they were afraid to play in pool play.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 07/11/11, 04:22 pm

go99 wrote:
anselansel wrote:You assume the two strongest teams are the only teams in the bracket. What about the other teams stuck now with two mega teams in the same bracket. They have no chance as they would need to upset TWO teams just to get a chance at semi-finals.

This is as it should be.

oh speaking of merit and not luck. The teams have so much merit that they would rather have the path cleared for them until the finals in the hopes that they get lucky enough to beat the team they were afraid to play in pool play.

It's a tournament. Ideally you would have as true a result as possible based on surpise... merit.

Without proper seeding you could have a lesser team getting 2nd and a team who was really 2nd best possibly not even getting 3rd depending on how the tournament was setup.

It's really silly to even debate this. If you don't understand the concept of merit and sports I don't see why you are playing anything other than rec in the first place.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 04:24 pm

It's really silly to even debate this. If you don't understand the concept of merit and sports I don't see why you are playing anything other than rec in the first place.

I suppose you would eliminate wildcards from playoffs too huh? if you don't understand the concept of entitlement and earning a championship, maybe you should go back to rec.

Back to top Go down

Post by Calm Down 07/11/11, 04:33 pm

This sound to me like someone thought their DD was gonna make it to the finals, only to have the rug pulled out from beneath them and their upset. It's called seeding. It's not the top teams fault that the TD wants a good final.

Calm Down
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 07/11/11, 04:37 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
go99 wrote:

This is as it should be.

It's a tournament. Ideally you would have as true a result as possible based on surpise... merit.

Without proper seeding you could have a lesser team getting 2nd and a team who was really 2nd best possibly not even getting 3rd depending on how the tournament was setup.

it not like this is done everywhere in the world or even in the majority of soccer. I don't think a little surprise here and there would hurt a tournament. Besides a tournament doesn't tell you who the "best" team is. Only who won "that" tournament.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by YRUAH8R? 07/11/11, 07:43 pm

So what have we learned today from all of this? This entire debate is so trivial and stupid. Anselansel, you made a comment about the entitlement mentality of some teams. What teams are you referring? The poster who asked the initial question of how did Juve and DTS end up in the same bracket is neither with Juve or DTS and I don't believe from what I've read so far that anyone from Juve or DTS complained or said anything about the bracketing. Turftoe9, from the appearance of his Avatar and other post, is with SRSA who is not even playing in this tournament. The seeding of these teams was based on past leagues and tournament records so the brackets have been rearranged the way they should have been from the start. I don’t believe either team feels they are entitled to anything because both have proven that they have rightfully earned their spot at the top. In order to be the best, you have to play the best AND beat the best. Based on the records of both teams, they are two of the top 5 03 teams in North Texas and I would think any good Coach would want his/her team to see how they faired against the top teams and get a better feel for where they stand in the realm of things. If it’s really about development, what better way to see what they need to work on to move to the top? IMO teams do not get better, nor do they develop more rapidly by playing equal or lower level competition all the time. What I would like to know is why both you Go99 and Ansel assume that Juve or DTS needed to have the path cleared for them in this tournament? Both have met each other in tournament and league play before and both gave a good fight, neither game has been a blow-out. I don’t think either teams cares about the bracketing which is why neither team has felt the need to post about such. The individuals posting about the brackets have no dog in the fight and if you do, then what exactly is it that you are scared of?

YRUAH8R?
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 08:29 pm

YRUAH8R? wrote:So what have we learned today from all of this? This entire debate is so trivial and stupid. Anselansel, you made a comment about the entitlement mentality of some teams. What teams are you referring? The poster who asked the initial question of how did Juve and DTS end up in the same bracket is neither with Juve or DTS and I don't believe from what I've read so far that anyone from Juve or DTS complained or said anything about the bracketing. Turftoe9, from the appearance of his Avatar and other post, is with SRSA who is not even playing in this tournament. The seeding of these teams was based on past leagues and tournament records so the brackets have been rearranged the way they should have been from the start. I don’t believe either team feels they are entitled to anything because both have proven that they have rightfully earned their spot at the top. In order to be the best, you have to play the best AND beat the best. Based on the records of both teams, they are two of the top 5 03 teams in North Texas and I would think any good Coach would want his/her team to see how they faired against the top teams and get a better feel for where they stand in the realm of things. If it’s really about development, what better way to see what they need to work on to move to the top? IMO teams do not get better, nor do they develop more rapidly by playing equal or lower level competition all the time. What I would like to know is why both you Go99 and Ansel assume that Juve or DTS needed to have the path cleared for them in this tournament? Both have met each other in tournament and league play before and both gave a good fight, neither game has been a blow-out. I don’t think either teams cares about the bracketing which is why neither team has felt the need to post about such. The individuals posting about the brackets have no dog in the fight and if you do, then what exactly is it that you are scared of?

Well said (typed?).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 08:30 pm

What I would like to know is why both you Go99 and Ansel assume that Juve or DTS needed to have the path cleared for them in this tournament?

hmm, first post huh? well look at the outcry when they were put in the same bracket and you will see. now back to our regularly scheduled griping and gossiping......

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 07/11/11, 08:48 pm

anselansel wrote:What I would like to know is why both you Go99 and Ansel assume that Juve or DTS needed to have the path cleared for them in this tournament?

hmm, first post huh? well look at the outcry when they were put in the same bracket and you will see. now back to our regularly scheduled griping and gossiping......

If the tournament had a semi finals it wouldn't even be an issue.

Anyhow, it's useless to argue with you and Go99 on this. Apparently you don't believe in seeding and you don't believe in Merit. I get you are those parents who think we shouldn't even award 1st place and that all participants should get a trophy... again... it sounds like Rec soccer is more for you.

At the end of the day, teams in both brackets have a chance to get to the finals. If it was random seeding, teams in one bracket would have even less of a chance, again, being that they would need to upset two top teams instead of one. It is preferred to balance the brackets and this is why this is done in all tournaments.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 09:00 pm

sigh, out of all those posts you think we want trophies for all teams? the point was that the top teams wanted preferential treatment (this actually goes for any teams not just the two mentioned) and we think it would be more interesting for that not to happen. so with that, i sign off.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/11, 09:01 pm

Im sure if there was an out cry its the fact that im sure if anyone of them "DTS or Juv" made it through there own bracket they didn't want to play in the finals being a blowout wich by looking at the teams in Silver, im sure 99% on here can agree thats what it will be.

Im sure if SRSA,Sting,Samba was in the tourny they would all face each other in the "SAME" bracket or the other bracket and they would slug it out as usual and you wouldn't see them in here crying about clearing the path for them.

And from just looking at the rankings "Dt Davis" is ranked higher than any of the other teams in the bracket before they moved "Juve" so they still would have to make it through "DtDavis" anyways.

So im trying to understand clearing the path for DTS and Juv.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next