North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Updated 02G FBR - Games played through 10/26 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Updated 02G FBR - Games played through 10/26

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Updated 02G FBR - Games played through 10/26 Empty Updated 02G FBR - Games played through 10/26

Post by 02Dad 26/10/11, 11:54 pm

Updated 02G FBR - Games played through 10/26 Aa10
Updated 02G FBR - Games played through 10/26 Bb10
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Updated 02G FBR - Games played through 10/26 Empty Re: Updated 02G FBR - Games played through 10/26

Post by My DD's ATM 27/10/11, 07:50 am

This doesn't make sense, how does a team that has beaten another team and has a better record than that team, still end up ranked below them?

My DD's ATM
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Updated 02G FBR - Games played through 10/26 Empty Re: Updated 02G FBR - Games played through 10/26

Post by Joe scafone 27/10/11, 08:12 am

My DD's ATM wrote:This doesn't make sense, how does a team that has beaten another team and has a better record than that team, still end up ranked below them?

Do some research. It's been discussed on the boards.

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/11, 08:20 am

I am thinking everything looks good with exception of 6-10. I have 6 going to 9, 7 going to 6, 8 going to 7, 9 going to 10 and 10 going to 8. Everything else looks good for now.

Thanks again 02dad for the list...

HardTruth

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 27/10/11, 08:22 am

Joes right but since I don't speak very technical maybe I can respond to that and help answer a few questions for people who are like me. (Not that you are ATM) But anyway, your team can beat teams ranked below you all day long and if those teams never play teams ranked much higher than you, you will never move up. And beating an upper team once will possibly move you only a point or two up in the rankings, this is about consistancy and the level you are playing at.
You can have a record of 20-0-0 and be ranked 2nd to last if the only team you beat was the bottom ranked team. But again if you beat a team above you it should normally give you a point or so for doing it but depending on the point differential your ranking may not change.
If I am wrong 02 Dad will correct me, but I know he has posted in the past pretty much how it works so he is prob getting tired of answering why so an so's team is higher than so and so. (Go back and see who the team you just bea
t has ben playing and that is usually the first clue whether you will move up or not). If you are in the top 15 or so very hard to move up because those upper 4 or 5 teams have such a large point diff that you would need to beat them severl times to move into that level.
***please note ATM, I don't know who your team is or its rank level I was just speaking in general for those others that may want a simple/general explanation*

justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/11, 08:52 am

It is strange how it all works out... there are teams very high in the rankings that our team has tied and even beaten, yet we are considerably below them in rankings...there are teams on here ranked above us that I have never even seen play and I have seen a LOT of teams. It just all depends. There are teams in all kinds of leagues that aren't even in this rankings...and all this won't even mean much (except to maybe the top 12 teams) when we start qualifying next spring. There will be teams we have never heard of show up to grab a spot at Lake Highlands. So even if you are 17 now...doesn't mean you are really a D2 team. Next year everything will solidify and we can all tell where our teams really rank.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/11, 09:16 am

soccernovice40 wrote:It is strange how it all works out... there are teams very high in the rankings that our team has tied and even beaten, yet we are considerably below them in rankings...there are teams on here ranked above us that I have never even seen play and I have seen a LOT of teams. It just all depends. There are teams in all kinds of leagues that aren't even in this rankings...and all this won't even mean much (except to maybe the top 12 teams) when we start qualifying next spring. There will be teams we have never heard of show up to grab a spot at Lake Highlands. So even if you are 17 now...doesn't mean you are really a D2 team. Next year everything will solidify and we can all tell where our teams really rank.

Sounds like you have been through this before... Very good post and understanding of the process. Sometimes we as parents get caught up in the my team is better than your team mentality and lose focus on what we are trying to accomplish.

HardTruth

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 27/10/11, 09:22 am

Last year the 01 FBR's were pretty accurate in regards to how many of the top 20 got into Lake Highlands. Also, it is very interesting and some say that the rankings (maybe not FBR) will help determine who you start out playing in the Lake &igh tourney. Lower ranked teams wil play top team to weed them out quickly. But you are right at this point they mean nothing other than they are fun and if you ubderstand them, informational. But come summer 2012, they will mean something. That is if you want to have fairly easy first game or 2 in the Lake High tourney.
With that said our team has in past beaten teams above us too, however some were before Labor Day (and I think that is when 02Dad moved the begin of stats) and we only play in 1 league that plays with a couple top teams, thus we never have opp to beat or compete any higher until tourneys and then most times we are not in their division anyway. If you are not playing TGPL right now (where the top teams are currently playing) then you have no chance of getting up there. Again it is about consistancy, play in their league beat them on reg basis and you will be in the top.
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/11, 09:34 am

02dad,

I don't know how much work it is to do this, but it would be really cool if you could click on a team and see the schedule they have played. Is that even possible?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/11, 09:41 am

passthedarnball wrote:02dad,

I don't know how much work it is to do this, but it would be really cool if you could click on a team and see the schedule they have played. Is that even possible?

It is possible if a spread sheet is created with pull down menus, but that would take a lot of time to enter all the information in for all the teams in the 02 division. Just as 02dad does this in his spare time(for free) the issue is getting someone to do that for free.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/11, 09:43 am

justsayin02 wrote:Last year the 01 FBR's were pretty accurate in regards to how many of the top 20 got into Lake Highlands. Also, it is very interesting and some say that the rankings (maybe not FBR) will help determine who you start out playing in the Lake &igh tourney. Lower ranked teams wil play top team to weed them out quickly. But you are right at this point they mean nothing other than they are fun and if you ubderstand them, informational. But come summer 2012, they will mean something. That is if you want to have fairly easy first game or 2 in the Lake High tourney.
With that said our team has in past beaten teams above us too, however some were before Labor Day (and I think that is when 02Dad moved the begin of stats) and we only play in 1 league that plays with a couple top teams, thus we never have opp to beat or compete any higher until tourneys and then most times we are not in their division anyway. If you are not playing TGPL right now (where the top teams are currently playing) then you have no chance of getting up there. Again it is about consistancy, play in their league beat them on reg basis and you will be in the top.

I think this is where pre-qualifying tournaments get really important next Spring. You definitely want to be in the top 1/3 if you can...so you don't have to play the big boys to start off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/11, 09:48 am

You can do that with GotSoccer. Find a big tourney (such as Plano) and look at the schedule/standings. Any team that played in the tourney you can click on their team rankings and see other games/tourney/opponents they have played. I do this all the time (too much actually...can get obsessive). I like to study the teams so I know what were up against when we meet them. No, I am not a coach...just an overly obsessed parent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/11, 10:23 am

Been a couple months since I posted on the '02's. For those that don't know me, I did the FBR for the '01's (and the '02's for last Spring) and handed it off to '02Dad who's been doing a great job with it.

My policy always was that anyone who wanted to know exactly what we were doing could simply go to footballrankulator.com, plop down $30 to buy a copy of the software, and I would gladly send you a copy of our data files.

Funny that the only people who've ever actually done that are people that have wanted to start up FBR for a younger age group.

FYI... none of us who have used FBR have anything to do with FootballRankulator. It's just a commercially available package that mslater stumbled upon a couple of years ago and we've been able to customize to our noble, productive, and socially crucial purpose of ranking 8-10 yr old girls soccer teams in NTX.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/11, 10:32 am

hardtruthsoldier123 wrote:I am thinking everything looks good with exception of 6-10. I have 6 going to 9, 7 going to 6, 8 going to 7, 9 going to 10 and 10 going to 8. Everything else looks good for now.

Thanks again 02dad for the list...

HardTruth

I would say 6 to 10 should look like this.

6. Fever Red- over Dynamo based on league standings, over Sting based on league head to head
7. Dynamo- great passing team, tied Searls in league, but play better soccer than Searls
8. Sting Searls- Beat teams they should beat and getting better.
9. Waco Lady Blast- haven't seen this team play in a while. Should have played PTCL.
10. Rangel- fast scrappy team and winning games in league play.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 27/10/11, 12:18 pm

bwgophers wrote:

Been a couple months since I posted on the '02's. For those that don't know me, I did the FBR for the '01's (and the '02's for last Spring) and handed it off to '02Dad who's been doing a great job with it.

My policy always was that anyone who wanted to know exactly what we were doing could simply go to footballrankulator.com, plop down $30 to buy a copy of the software, and I would gladly send you a copy of our data files.

Funny that the only people who've ever actually done that are people that have wanted to start up FBR for a younger age group.

FYI... none of us who have used FBR have anything to do with FootballRankulator. It's just a commercially available package that mslater stumbled upon a couple of years ago and we've been able to customize to our noble, productive, and socially crucial purpose of ranking 8-10 yr old girls soccer teams in NTX.

Transparency is a good idea. 02Dad: Is that your policy too?
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 27/10/11, 12:33 pm

oldboot wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

02Dad has always had the same policy. None of the members that have done the '02 rankings have ever had anything to hide from us. Honestly at this time the FBR doesn't really mean much to us besides it being fun. Now come spring that will change but given past history these rankings have been pretty accurate to what LHCGL has put out for placement tourney.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 27/10/11, 12:46 pm

jen_nah wrote:
oldboot wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

02Dad has always had the same policy. None of the members that have done the '02 rankings have ever had anything to hide from us. Honestly at this time the FBR doesn't really mean much to us besides it being fun. Now come spring that will change but given past history these rankings have been pretty accurate to what LHCGL has put out for placement tourney.

I wasn't suggesting anyone is hiding anything - just curious and thought it might be fun to see how it works ...
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 27/10/11, 03:16 pm

oldboot wrote:
jen_nah wrote:
oldboot wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

I wasn't suggesting anyone is hiding anything - just curious and thought it might be fun to see how it works ...

As bwgophers wrote "plop down the money" and ta-da transparency,find out exactly how it works. 02Dad is doing a great job and even has explained it all before. I would imagine he doesnt want to spend alot more time making more lists and graphs and pull down menus for the conveinence of a few. All that just to satisfy some that do not believe something to be true or whatever it is that is driving the need to keep asking more and more about why their team isnt higher than that team and so on. Maybe it is time for some Human Polls, that is when you get to express your opinion of who should be ranked where and then 02Dad will combine FBR and Human Polls to make the BCS update.

02Dad, will you do a BCS update?
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 27/10/11, 07:27 pm

02Dad - as always, thanks!
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 27/10/11, 07:32 pm

My DD's ATM wrote:This doesn't make sense, how does a team that has beaten another team and has a better record than that team, still end up ranked below them?

I know many have asked this time & time again. Look up the previous threads that explain how the ranking is done.

I know when I was new and trying to figure the rankings out I was like confused . Ex: This summer DTN- Rangel beat Solar Dynamo in regular play in the TX Summer Classic and then tied them in the championship (wins in pk shoot out don't count as a win). But, They sat 2-3 spots higher then DTN for a very long time in the FBR rankings. It has taken us picking our way through regular league play and being consistent each weekend for us to move our way up.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/11, 09:04 pm

jen_nah wrote:

I know many have asked this time & time again. Look up the previous threads that explain how the ranking is done.

I know when I was new and trying to figure the rankings out I was like confused . Ex: This summer DTN- Rangel beat Solar Dynamo in regular play in the TX Summer Classic and then tied them in the championship (wins in pk shoot out don't count as a win). But, They sat 2-3 spots higher then DTN for a very long time in the FBR rankings. It has taken us picking our way through regular league play and being consistent each weekend for us to move our way up.

I think part of the reason people question the rankings, is because a team like DTN is ranked so high. I know that sounds really mean but I don't mean it that way. There are teams ranked much lower than DTN that played in a much tougher league and have beat DTN in the past. Sometimes the FBR just makes you scratch your head...........but I love it.

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 27/10/11, 09:29 pm

justsayin02 wrote:Joes right but since I don't speak very technical maybe I can respond to that and help answer a few questions for people who are like me. (Not that you are ATM) But anyway, your team can beat teams ranked below you all day long and if those teams never play teams ranked much higher than you, you will never move up. And beating an upper team once will possibly move you only a point or two up in the rankings, this is about consistancy and the level you are playing at.
You can have a record of 20-0-0 and be ranked 2nd to last if the only team you beat was the bottom ranked team. But again if you beat a team above you it should normally give you a point or so for doing it but depending on the point differential your ranking may not change.
If I am wrong 02 Dad will correct me, but I know he has posted in the past pretty much how it works so he is prob getting tired of answering why so an so's team is higher than so and so. (Go back and see who the team you just bea
t has ben playing and that is usually the first clue whether you will move up or not). If you are in the top 15 or so very hard to move up because those upper 4 or 5 teams have such a large point diff that you would need to beat them severl times to move into that level.
***please note ATM, I don't know who your team is or its rank level I was just speaking in general for those others that may want a simple/general explanation*

So, is it fair to say that if a team in the spring plays a division or two above, and struggles to wingames that they would still be ranked fairly high?

I completely get strength of schedule. It's hard to understand how a team can lose week after week, snag a quality win along the way, and still maintain a high position. What's to keep teams, for ranking purposes potentially, to play way above their heads, only to lose, but still 'win'......

I think FBR is a great program. I bought it.
But it is also still very subjective. The gentlemen who posts the rankings has a tough voluntary job for sure.

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 27/10/11, 09:56 pm

pro16 wrote:
justsayin02 wrote:Joes right but since I don't speak very technical maybe I can respond to that and help answer a few questions for people who are like me. (Not that you are ATM) But anyway, your team can beat teams ranked below you all day long and if those teams never play teams ranked much higher than you, you will never move up. And beating an upper team once will possibly move you only a point or two up in the rankings, this is about consistancy and the level you are playing at.

So, is it fair to say that if a team in the spring plays a division or two above, and struggles to wingames that they would still be ranked fairly high?

I completely get strength of schedule. It's hard to understand how a team can lose week after week, snag a quality win along the way, and still maintain a high position. What's to keep teams, for ranking purposes potentially, to play way above their heads, only to lose, but still 'win'......

But it is also still very subjective. The gentlemen who posts the rankings has a tough voluntary job for sure.

It's not voluntary! I heard his mean wife makes him do it!
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 27/10/11, 10:03 pm

mcik17 wrote:
pro16 wrote:

Hey, I heard that too!
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 27/10/11, 10:04 pm

mcik17 wrote:
pro16 wrote:

I take that back. She is actually nice.....please don't dock my dd's team FBR points!
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next