North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Primetime Tournament Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Primetime Tournament

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Primetime Tournament Empty Primetime Tournament

Post by 2good4u 20/11/11, 10:33 pm

Any commentary from the games? Heard DTN vs DT Bennett and DTN vs Fever were both decided by PKs. Congrats to DTN.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Primetime Tournament Empty Re: Primetime Tournament

Post by TCUDad 20/11/11, 10:42 pm

Just looked at the results. Looks like DT North took care of business and won it all. Congrats.
Fever must have also had a very strong tournament.

The results show that Lady Aztecs lost a game to the Shamrocks. Who are the Shamrocks?

TCUDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by skills 21/11/11, 08:22 am

TCUDad wrote:Just looked at the results. Looks like DT North took care of business and won it all. Congrats.

The results show that Lady Aztecs lost a game to the Shamrocks. Who are the Shamrocks?

They are out of Mckinney TX UNITED ACADEMY LEAGUE.

skills
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsoccer1 21/11/11, 08:25 am

The brackets fell with all the DT teams playing with each other. Great games....
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/11/11, 08:33 am

Looks like there is a new sheriff in Texans town. Rosales threw down and showed he is the top dog in the Texans academy. Guess he did okay without the forward. Welcome to academy Bennett, guess you are not in Kansas (ECNL) anymore Twisted Evil .
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerdad 21/11/11, 08:46 am

skills wrote:
TCUDad wrote:Just looked at the results. Looks like DT North took care of business and won it all. Congrats.

They are out of Mckinney TX UNITED ACADEMY LEAGUE.

Actually the Shamrock Rovers are based out of Allen, but played in the UAL. The DT games were good, but hard to decide on who was best based on PKs.
tigerdad
tigerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsoccer1 21/11/11, 09:10 am

Rosales team was short players... perhaps that is why the fever and dt rosales game was so close.
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyAboutSoccer 21/11/11, 09:20 am

go99 wrote:Looks like there is a new sheriff in Texans town. Rosales threw down and showed he is the top dog in the Texans academy. Guess he did okay without the forward. Welcome to academy Bennett, guess you are not in Kansas (ECNL) anymore Twisted Evil .

New sheriff? I guess you need to be at the games to give a commentary like this. Let me help the readers out...

DT Bennett beat Fever outright in pool play, DTN and DTB game was evenly matched 2-2 in regulation play, then they had to go to a shootout.

DTN won against Fever and DTB in a shootout...they couldn't do it in regulation.

Why the bad blood for DTB? Seems like you are trying to drive a wedge between two sister teams. I thought the DTB team showed GREAT sportsmanship by cheering on the DTN girls in the shootout against fever.

Take your sheriff talk somewhere else...maybe you can get lost in Kansas!

CrazyAboutSoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/11/11, 09:34 am

Actually I just have to be able to type to make a statement like that Razz

Personnaly I picked bennett to win the whole thing and was just wrong so no bad blood with DTB. You can sister team and cheer all you want but Rosales can still make a claim he is the top coach. May not matter to you but it does to HN. BTW it was just and inflammatory statment posted to drive comments. Guess it worked, because it got you to make your first post. Twisted Evil !!BOOM!! too easy. Somebody is still a little sesative from this weekend. LMAO
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 21/11/11, 09:54 am

FCsoccer1 wrote:Rosales team was short players... perhaps that is why the fever and dt rosales game was so close.

Good thought but inaccurate. They had one stacked team (Manchester) with their strongest players to try to win the tournament. The other players were moved to the second team (United). The advantage is they have all good players on the field. Disadvantage in a tournament setting is that fatigue becomes a factor. To me, it's about a wash.

From what I heard about the game, DTB and DTN are pretty evenly matched with the game going back and forth. Many of the goals were scored off free kicks, which one could argue are cheap goals. Regardless, they are part of the game. Have to give the slight nod to DTN since they did technically win. In terms of quality of play, they are even without a clear favorite.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 21/11/11, 10:48 am

Just when I thought I'd heard everything in youth soccer. Set piece goals are now "cheap goals". Amazing.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/11, 10:51 am

Gunner9 wrote:Just when I thought I'd heard everything in youth soccer. Set piece goals are now "cheap goals". Amazing.

I read that too and spat out my coffee! Hilarious!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/11, 12:17 pm

2good4u wrote:Many of the goals were scored off free kicks, which one could argue are cheap goals.

2good has been on this forum longer than I have and doesn't need me to come to her/his defense, but...

I am not saying that goals off of free kicks are cheap, but at this age sometimes the free kick seems like a pretty easy goal. I know it still takes skill and strength to put it over/past a wall and in the goal, but when you see a 7 year old goalie trying to block that huge opening it can seem a bit pathetic.

I know- get better goalies, don't foul etc. I think 2good is trying to say the free kicks at this age aren't the same as a Seb Larrson effort in the EPL.

Also, Crazy, don't let go99 get you worked up. go99 is just another parent that moves a girl from team to team hoping to land on the #1 ranked team so that T-giving conversations with the distant relatives can make a pathetic life seem a bit more special.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 21/11/11, 01:27 pm

Gunner9 wrote:Just when I thought I'd heard everything in youth soccer. Set piece goals are now "cheap goals". Amazing.

I almost spit out my koolaid when I read this. And then I couldn't stop laughing. Set pieces for 7 ear olds? You must be joking old man. Have you even watched one of these? A 3 ft. tall kid trying to stop a ball in front of a goal designed for adults? Most of the kids are running away from the ball when they see it coming towards them. Is that what your coaches emphasized with your kids? If so, tell me their names. Keep teaching your grandkids how to be the best at "set pieces" and see how far they get.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 21/11/11, 01:29 pm

SoftballDad wrote:

Please refer to my response to the above tool.

Typical Dalglish dbag that everybody on here hates. Thinks the best soccer players are the ones that can boot it the farthest.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by girlzgotskillz 21/11/11, 01:34 pm

go99 wrote:Actually I just have to be able to type to make a statement like that Razz

Personnaly I picked bennett to win the whole thing and was just wrong so no bad blood with DTB. You can sister team and cheer all you want but Rosales can still make a claim he is the top coach. May not matter to you but it does to HN. BTW it was just and inflammatory statment posted to drive comments. Guess it worked, because it got you to make your first post. Twisted Evil !!BOOM!! too easy. Somebody is still a little sesative from this weekend. LMAO

With this post from go99 just lost a lot of credibility. Sad that you are an instigator of trouble between 8 year old soccer teams. Who are you to determine who is the top coach? Based off a win in PK's ? You have got to be kidding!

girlzgotskillz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/11, 01:52 pm

2good4u wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Typical Dalglish dbag that everybody on here hates. Thinks the best soccer players are the ones that can boot it the farthest.

Before you 'dis' all the Dalglish parents, maybe you should go introduce yourself to them and share your thoughts! Like everybody they have one or two who are opinionated but most of them are really nice and knowledgable people.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 21/11/11, 02:06 pm

Master Bates wrote:
2good4u wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Before you 'dis' all the Dalglish parents, maybe you should go introduce yourself to them and share your thoughts! Like everybody they have one or two who are opinionated but most of them are really nice and knowledgable people.

Actually you're right. My intention was not to target all the Dalglish parents. I apologize for that. Most I'm sure are good, reasonable people. However, there are a few on there who think they have the right to bully and put others down because they are on the top team. With that, I am not OK with.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/11/11, 02:10 pm

Sad Sorry had to go cry in my pillow. I feel a little better now. Before you post the personal attack you should at least find out who I am. I didn't think it was that big of a secret, but you are obviously waaaaay off. DD has only had one coach her entire time in academy. No bouncing to top team this or that. I will give the the pathetic life part. Stuck in Disney for Thanksgiving and not even gonna see mickey mouse. Pathetic indeed!!! As far as instigating trouble, I would hope there are no 8yr olds reading this forum. Now with the whole top coach thing go I would say it was Bennet but I am sure Rosales and probably his team would disagree. Funny thing is I don't really see the Rosales posters on here upset scratch . Looks like there is still a little meat on that bone Twisted Evil and I hit a sensative spot. Name calleing, angry post, excuses, the whole 9 yards, Shocked WOW. But 10 entertaining post later and one newbie No with a first time post later I would say my work here is done for now.

OH BTW for the last time check the profile pick. I am an A$%hole not a DBAG. Ugh, get it right.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/11, 02:10 pm

To be honest I was surprised at how nice some of them were.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/11/11, 02:16 pm

2good4u wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
2good4u wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Actually you're right. My intention was not to target all the Dalglish parents. I apologize for that. Most I'm sure are good, reasonable people. However, there are a few on there who think they have the right to bully and put others down because they are on the top team. With that, I am not OK with.

Thank you for coming to my defense there 2good. Crazyaboutsoccer was way out of line for putting me down and bullying me. Smile

I mean really Dbag and pathetic life? I am still a little hurt, but I will be okay.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 21/11/11, 02:21 pm

go99 wrote:
2good4u wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
2good4u wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Thank you for coming to my defense there 2good. Crazyaboutsoccer was way out of line for putting me down and bullying me. Smile

I mean really Dbag and pathetic life? I am still a little hurt, but I will be okay.

I'm confused. I think we have multiple conversations going on here.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 21/11/11, 02:21 pm

Master Bates wrote:
2good4u wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Im sure most of the Dalglish parents are fine people, but one bad Apple can turn people away from a team. The players looked awesome and the coaching was really good, but what I saw and heard this weekend made my jaw drop. During a stoppage in play for an injury to the opposing player that got nailed in the face and was standing up and holding her nose and crying, the ref told a Dalglish player that was walking over to get the ball to take a knee and a dad(of the girl told to take a knee) said to the ref "Why should she take a knee, the hurt player isn't on the ground...she is still standing up"! I thought wow, the girl is in tears and holding her face...what kind of sportsmanship is this dad teaching his kid? Just because the hurt players isn't on the ground...his dd doesn't need to take a knee like the rest of the players on the field.....really the injured player was 8 yrs old? This same guy was constantly complaining about every call that went against Dalglish even when the game was clearly out of reach! I don't see how this team of parents can stand a person like this....his dd must be really good!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/11, 02:25 pm

go99 wrote:I feel a little better now. Before you post the personal attack you should at least find out who I am. I didn't think it was that big of a secret, but you are obviously waaaaay off. DD has only had one coach her entire time in academy. No bouncing to top team this or that. I will give the the pathetic life part.

go99- I was kidding. I don't even know who you are. I was just trying to see if you'd respond. Remember your own quote:

"BTW it was just and inflammatory statment posted to drive comments. Guess it worked, because it got you to make your first post. !!BOOM!! too easy. Somebody is still a little sesative from this weekend. LMAO"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/11, 02:27 pm

Im sure most of the Dalglish parents are fine people, but one bad Apple can turn people away from a team. The players looked awesome and the coaching was really good, but what I saw and heard this weekend made my jaw drop. During a stoppage in play for an injury to the opposing player that got nailed in the face and was standing up and holding her nose and crying, the ref told a Dalglish player that was walking over to get the ball to take a knee and a dad(of the girl told to take a knee) said to the ref "Why should she take a knee, the hurt player isn't on the ground...she is still standing up"! I thought wow, the girl is in tears and holding her face...what kind of sportsmanship is this dad teaching his kid? Just because the hurt players isn't on the ground...his dd doesn't need to take a knee like the rest of the players on the field.....really the injured player was 8 yrs old? This same guy was constantly complaining about every call that went against Dalglish even when the game was clearly out of reach! I don't see how this team of parents can stand a person like this....his dd must be really good![/quote]

Should have called him out on that one, if that happened!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next