North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Primetime Tournament - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Primetime Tournament

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Primetime Tournament - Page 2 Empty Re: Primetime Tournament

Post by Guest 21/11/11, 02:27 pm

Im sure most of the Dalglish parents are fine people, but one bad Apple can turn people away from a team. The players looked awesome and the coaching was really good, but what I saw and heard this weekend made my jaw drop. During a stoppage in play for an injury to the opposing player that got nailed in the face and was standing up and holding her nose and crying, the ref told a Dalglish player that was walking over to get the ball to take a knee and a dad(of the girl told to take a knee) said to the ref "Why should she take a knee, the hurt player isn't on the ground...she is still standing up"! I thought wow, the girl is in tears and holding her face...what kind of sportsmanship is this dad teaching his kid? Just because the hurt players isn't on the ground...his dd doesn't need to take a knee like the rest of the players on the field.....really the injured player was 8 yrs old? This same guy was constantly complaining about every call that went against Dalglish even when the game was clearly out of reach! I don't see how this team of parents can stand a person like this....his dd must be really good![/quote]

Should have called him out on that one, if that happened!

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 21/11/11, 02:27 pm

RoidRage wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
2good4u wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:
Gunner9 wrote:Just when I thought I'd heard everything in youth soccer. Set piece goals are now "cheap goals". Amazing.

I read that too and spat out my coffee! Hilarious!

Please refer to my response to the above tool.

Typical Dalglish dbag that everybody on here hates. Thinks the best soccer players are the ones that can boot it the farthest.

Before you 'dis' all the Dalglish parents, maybe you should go introduce yourself to them and share your thoughts! Like everybody they have one or two who are opinionated but most of them are really nice and knowledgable people.

Im sure most of the Dalglish parents are fine people, but one bad Apple can turn people away from a team. The players looked awesome and the coaching was really good, but what I saw and heard this weekend made my jaw drop. During a stoppage in play for an injury to the opposing player that got nailed in the face and was standing up and holding her nose and crying, the ref told a Dalglish player that was walking over to get the ball to take a knee and a dad(of the girl told to take a knee) said to the ref "Why should she take a knee, the hurt player isn't on the ground...she is still standing up"! I thought wow, the girl is in tears and holding her face...what kind of sportsmanship is this dad teaching his kid? Just because the hurt players isn't on the ground...his dd doesn't need to take a knee like the rest of the players on the field.....really the injured player was 8 yrs old? This same guy was constantly complaining about every call that went against Dalglish even when the game was clearly out of reach! I don't see how this team of parents can stand a person like this....his dd must be really good!

Also, I'm in no way saying this dad was Go99...I have know Idea who this dad is but he kept yelling at refs and whistling at his daughter to get her to do what he wanted...I'm sure the Dalglish parents can tell us who it is!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/11, 02:29 pm

One question. What were y'all doing there watching Dalglish?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/11/11, 02:33 pm

Not guilty, I wasn't there all weekend. Very Happy And my DD is really hardheaded. She wouldn't listen to me anyway. Just had an idea. Maybe I can get LW to tell her she has to clean her room for soccer homework

But whoever it was doesn't coach the team. Everybody seems to get along great on the team, but it is not a social club. If you don't like a parent I wouldn't spend time talking to them. My dd is there to learn to play soccer not so I can hangout with my friends. As much as I like the parents on the team, if we had the coach that I see on the sidelines of some of these teams I would be gone in a heartbeat

Last edited by go99 on 21/11/11, 02:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 21/11/11, 02:36 pm

Master Bates wrote:One question. What were y'all doing there watching Dalglish?

My dd is an 04 playing in the tourny. I wanted to see Dalglish play since we were in between games. Is this allowed, or do I have to pay admission to watch Dalglish play?

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/11/11, 02:38 pm

Practice is waaay more impressive than the game. By all means join us anytime and introduce yourself. We are suprisingly a very friendly group
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/11, 02:40 pm

RoidRage wrote:

My dd is an 04 playing in the tourny. I wanted to see Dalglish play since we were in between games. Is this allowed, or do I have to pay admission to watch Dalglish play?

No just didn't realize there were many other 04 teams playing on the tourney apart from Liverpool and odyssey. People do say some negative things about other teams without actually being there. Not accusing you of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 21/11/11, 02:43 pm

go99 wrote:Not guilty, I wasn't there all weekend. Very Happy And my DD is really hardheaded. She wouldn't listen to me anyway. Just had an idea. Maybe I can get LW to tell her she has to clean her room for soccer homework

But whoever it was doesn't coach the team. Everybody seems to get along great on the team, but it is not a social club. If you don't like a parent I wouldn't spend time talking to them. My dd is there to learn to play soccer not so I can hangout with my friends. As much as I like the parents on the team, if we had the coach that I see on the sidelines of some of these teams I would be gone in a heartbeat

I hear you, I said the team played great, and the coaching was very good...LW definatly had this team playing soccer and passing the ball very well...he didn't let them just boot it and out muscle the other team...he also incouraged his players to challenge with skill other kids 1v1 instead of always just crossing it which was nice to see. But, I thought how this dad was acting was way over the top for 7-8 yr old soccer! But, maybe if this dad reads the forum and see's this he will tone it down a notch.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 21/11/11, 02:51 pm

Master Bates wrote:
RoidRage wrote:

No just didn't realize there were many other 04 teams playing on the tourney apart from Liverpool and odyssey. People do say some negative things about other teams without actually being there. Not accusing you of that.

He said it with plenty of people around, I'm sure I'm not the only one that heard it! Ask around, I'm sure other Dalglish parents heard it!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/11/11, 03:24 pm

RoidRage wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
RoidRage wrote:

He said it with plenty of people around, I'm sure I'm not the only one that heard it! Ask around, I'm sure other Dalglish parents heard it!

I believe something was said about her standing. Nothing to the ref about taking a knee, only saying something to another parent jokingly. The player was hit in the chest with the ball. There was no serious injury there, just a little stinger from the ball. I think you're making a little more out of this than there was. Thanks for being nosy
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/11/11, 03:31 pm

Everyone where I was clapped when the girl walked off as well. There was no ill will toward anyone
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 21/11/11, 03:39 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
RoidRage wrote:

I believe something was said about her standing. Nothing to the ref about taking a knee, only saying something to another parent jokingly. The player was hit in the chest with the ball. There was no serious injury there, just a little stinger from the ball. I think you're making a little more out of this than there was. Thanks for being nosy

Yes something was said, joking or not its was in pretty bad taste. Just remember...you don't live in a bubble, you never know who is standing around you! The statement that was made was pretty insinsitive, especially to the player hurt! It just makes the person saying it sound like a a$$hole. Sounds like you heard it also, or you were the one that said it! Kidding around or not....very inappropriate for a parent...just think if the hurt kids was yours and I said this....and where the injury happened doesn't matter, the girl was crying and the ref thought enough to stop play and all girls except one didn't take a knee and to top it off this dad condoned the sportsmanship of the kid by defending it.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/11/11, 03:53 pm

RoidRage wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
RoidRage wrote:

Yes something was said, joking or not its was in pretty bad taste. Just remember...you don't live in a bubble, you never know who is standing around you! The statement that was made was pretty insinsitive, especially to the player hurt! It just makes the person saying it sound like a a$$hole. Sounds like you heard it also, or you were the one that said it! Kidding around or not....very inappropriate for a parent...just think if the hurt kids was yours and I said this....and where the injury happened doesn't matter, the girl was crying and the ref thought enough to stop play and all girls except one didn't take a knee and to top it off this dad condoned the sportsmanship of the kid by defending it.

Ha! I didnt hear anything said about taking a knee. If my DD was hit in the chest by a ball, I wouldnt be too worried about it. If she was down with a serious injury thats different. But nosing in on a few parents talking to each other then trying to stir crap up is just dumb
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/11/11, 03:55 pm

And nothing was said to ANY of the players. They were on the other end of the field.
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 21/11/11, 04:10 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
RoidRage wrote:

Ha! I didnt hear anything said about taking a knee. If my DD was hit in the chest by a ball, I wouldnt be too worried about it. If she was down with a serious injury thats different. But nosing in on a few parents talking to each other then trying to stir crap up is just dumb

I was about 15 feet away sitting on the bleachers on the west end of field. This person was not whispering...for a matter of fact the injured player and ref was closer to the dad than I was. I'm not sure that your going to get much support on this forum for making a very unsportsmanlike comment like this....regardless if it was said under your breath or not! But,, It just goes to show that you are still trying to defend it and rationalize it, but you would probably be better off just not posting about it and just toning your emotions down while watching 7-8 yr old soccer or else you might find your type of behavior getting your kid kicked off the team no matter how good your dd is! This type of behavior grows old with other parents on the team!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/11/11, 04:28 pm

Well, Im not sure what u heard. I was nowhere near any bleachers. I guess I dont even know what you are talking about. Maybe someone else heard it.
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bad..azzt 21/11/11, 04:48 pm

So, back to Primetime results... Congrats to Dallas Texan Manchester on two great shootout wins to take home 1st place!! My DD and I stayed to watch the Championship and it was worth it. Fever had them down twice and most of the game, but DT wouldn't stop fighting. Both teams appeared exhausted by the end. Dt passing was great for my DD to see, and Blonde Mid for Fever is best player I saw the entire tournament!

bad..azzt
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 21/11/11, 05:20 pm

2good4u wrote:
FCsoccer1 wrote:Rosales team was short players... perhaps that is why the fever and dt rosales game was so close.

Good thought but inaccurate. They had one stacked team (Manchester) with their strongest players to try to win the tournament. The other players were moved to the second team (United). The advantage is they have all good players on the field. Disadvantage in a tournament setting is that fatigue becomes a factor. To me, it's about a wash.

From what I heard about the game, DTB and DTN are pretty evenly matched with the game going back and forth. Many of the goals were scored off free kicks, which one could argue are cheap goals. Regardless, they are part of the game. Have to give the slight nod to DTN since they did technically win. In terms of quality of play, they are even without a clear favorite.

My dd and I stayed and watched this game because we knew it was going to be a big deal especially on here. From what I saw 2 very good teams fought hard for the win. Bennett girls got their 2 goals off free kicks due to simple 7yr old mistakes on the goalie. The 1st she was barely out of the box when she picked a ball up. Trust it was hard to tell for me she was over the line due to lack of white lines drawn. The other I am not sure was a good call on the refs part. He called a pass back from defender to goalie who picked it up. The ball was a long hard kick the DTN defender tried to get but hit her and bounced back and goalie picked up and call was made.

DTN scored their 1st goal off outside mid early into game and 2nd goal came off a foal from a trip by one of DTB defenders.

As for possession of ball it was evenly matched for both teams. From what I saw it was a good game for both teams.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bad..azzt 21/11/11, 06:49 pm

what did you guys think about the refs for the tournament?

bad..azzt
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/11/11, 06:50 pm

sounds like it was bad because that is not a pass back to the defender as described
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/11, 07:59 pm

RoidRage wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
RoidRage wrote:

I was about 15 feet away sitting on the bleachers on the west end of field. This person was not whispering...for a matter of fact the injured player and ref was closer to the dad than I was. I'm not sure that your going to get much support on this forum for making a very unsportsmanlike comment like this....regardless if it was said under your breath or not! But,, It just goes to show that you are still trying to defend it and rationalize it, but you would probably be better off just not posting about it and just toning your emotions down while watching 7-8 yr old soccer or else you might find your type of behavior getting your kid kicked off the team no matter how good your dd is! This type of behavior grows old with other parents on the team!

I saw this play as well....and it is sad that Moosh98 is defending either himself or another LP Dalg parent...or at least trying to rationalize the inappropriate behavior. The opposing player was not hit in the chest, but was rather hit square in the face from point blank range...and you know this...it happened right in front of you.

Not a time for joking.

Shame on you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/11, 08:05 pm

Hmm. First time poster? Seems a bit strange ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/11/11, 08:16 pm

Well Master...I'd rather just read all the rubbish ...and never post...but sometimes you see something so infuriating......that you can't help but create an acct and say what really happened

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesoccer 21/11/11, 09:57 pm

bad..azzt wrote:what did you guys think about the refs for the tournament?

Pretty poor and extremely young in my opinion.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2