North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas Winter Classic - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Texas Winter Classic

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Texas Winter Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Winter Classic

Post by turftoe9 22/01/12, 11:08 am

jen_nah wrote:Well that just sucked with the brackets. I looked and poor TSC won all their game no goals against but still got bumped out. There should have been 2 wild cards with the way they have this bracket done.

Not only that, They beat Solar Gio 4-0. TSC had 26 pts Gio 9 pts and Gio is in the Semi's. Go figure?

turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 22/01/12, 11:19 am

turftoe9 wrote:
jen_nah wrote:Well that just sucked with the brackets. I looked and poor TSC won all their game no goals against but still got bumped out. There should have been 2 wild cards with the way they have this bracket done.

Not only that, They beat Solar Gio 4-0. TSC had 26 pts Gio 9 pts and Gio is in the Semi's. Go figure?

I believe 03dad said only the U-10 bracket was setup this way.... does it make sense to treat this age group differently?
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad19 22/01/12, 01:01 pm

What a ridiculous bracket set up. I would not be happy traveling from Tulsa, same bracket as another Tulsa team, although they didn't play each other, win 3 games, no goals given up, and headed home.

What is wrong with a traditional 3, 4-team pools? 3 winners and a wildcard?

soccerdad19
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/01/12, 02:42 pm

AYSES should refund everyones entry, pay for TSC travel costs, and give all teams except Solar Gio paid entry into another tournament of their choice. They should also come on this forum and apologize to all of the 02 teams.

SOLAR Gio should send a very nice Edible Arrangement to the AYSES TD.

I have seen some dumb things happen in tournaments. But this one takes the cake.

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 22/01/12, 04:11 pm

soccerdad19 wrote:

What a ridiculous bracket set up. I would not be happy traveling from Tulsa, same bracket as another Tulsa team, although they didn't play each other, win 3 games, no goals given up, and headed home.

I wonder what the TSC goal keepers parents told her she should do better next time in order to make it to the playoffs. Apparently 3 shut-outs is not enough.

Disgraceful.

02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 22/01/12, 04:26 pm

02Dad wrote:
soccerdad19 wrote:

I wonder what the TSC goal keepers parents told her she should do better next time in order to make it to the playoffs. Apparently 3 shut-outs is not enough.

Disgraceful.

And, The forward parents are saying you should have had that shot on goal. Next time put your all into and run those girls over. What a way to lose out. I would be pissed if it was my dd's team and everything it takes to travel for a tourney.

Last edited by jen_nah on 22/01/12, 09:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bierluva 22/01/12, 05:22 pm

wow guys... that sucks. We were not impressed with the way the tourney ran last year and that is why we decided not to do it this year. Looks like that was a good move. What a shame.
Bierluva
Bierluva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 22/01/12, 06:25 pm

But look at the bright side....your dds all developed nicely this weekend. That is what its all about....SO I HEAR!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OOrah 22/01/12, 07:38 pm

I don't understand all the whining about the tournament. Sure, the tourney could have been set up better. All of life could be set up better. Truth is only one team from Oklahoma has any right to feel ripped off, but they too could have scored more goals. They knew the rules before the first kickoff. Everyone else that is whining could have won their brackets, square fields or rectangular ones. Heck, this won't be the first time. I've seen fields with 10 degree uphill slope, ant hills that look like mountains, and refs that hate one club or coach.

Adapt and overcome. Teach your girls to adapt and overcome. Whiners don't win. Quit making excuses. Teams, girls, coaches that adapt and overcome learn lessons along the way. All this carrying on is stupid. It just sounds like excuses for not winning your games / brackets.
OOrah
OOrah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 22/01/12, 07:41 pm

RoidRage wrote:But look at the bright side....your dds all developed nicely this weekend. That is what its all about....SO I HEAR!

Definitely some development...I think one OK team developed a healthy point total and still went home early.
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 22/01/12, 07:43 pm

OOrah wrote:I don't understand all the whining about the tournament. Sure, the tourney could have been set up better. All of life could be set up better. Truth is only one team from Oklahoma has any right to feel ripped off, but they too could have scored more goals. They knew the rules before the first kickoff. Everyone else that is whining could have won their brackets, square fields or rectangular ones. Heck, this won't be the first time. I've seen fields with 10 degree uphill slope, ant hills that look like mountains, and refs that hate one club or coach.

Adapt and overcome. Teach your girls to adapt and overcome. Whiners don't win. Quit making excuses. Teams, girls, coaches that adapt and overcome learn lessons along the way. All this carrying on is stupid. It just sounds like excuses for not winning your games / brackets.

Disagreeing does not always equal whining. I think it's fair to wonder why the U10 bracket was setup in this manner and other age groups were not.
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 22/01/12, 07:50 pm

OOrah wrote:I don't understand all the whining about the tournament. Sure, the tourney could have been set up better. All of life could be set up better. Truth is only one team from Oklahoma has any right to feel ripped off, but they too could have scored more goals. They knew the rules before the first kickoff. Everyone else that is whining could have won their brackets, square fields or rectangular ones. Heck, this won't be the first time. I've seen fields with 10 degree uphill slope, ant hills that look like mountains, and refs that hate one club or coach.

You don't understand?

Which part?

I feel we've done teams a favor who may consider entering next year.
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 22/01/12, 08:12 pm

Agreed. And I went back to read through again, and I don't see anyone whining or saying "we lost because of the fields and the bracketing." More just pointing out that A) the bracketing was by far one of the most bizarre I've seen; and B) no one wants to enter a U10 11 v 11 tourney and play on U7 fields. Commenting on the issues with this tournament truly does not equate to whining about not moving forward. I would have felt a little weird if my DD's team had advanced with 4 points, but it was a possible scenario at one point because of that bracket D being having three of the arguably top teams.

On a positive note--that Hurricanes team that had to go home with 26 points had some nice girls--possibly too nice! One told the ref that no, it was not their throw in because it went off her team--and the ref changed the call!
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 22/01/12, 08:46 pm

The website still hasn't been updated, but rumor has it Solar Gio finish on top.

Congrats!!
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 22/01/12, 09:59 pm

soccerinsane wrote:Agreed. And I went back to read through again, and I don't see anyone whining or saying "we lost because of the fields and the bracketing." More just pointing out that A) the bracketing was by far one of the most bizarre I've seen; and B) no one wants to enter a U10 11 v 11 tourney and play on U7 fields. Commenting on the issues with this tournament truly does not equate to whining about not moving forward. I would have felt a little weird if my DD's team had advanced with 4 points, but it was a possible scenario at one point because of that bracket D being having three of the arguably top teams.

On a positive note--that Hurricanes team that had to go home with 26 points had some nice girls--possibly too nice! One told the ref that no, it was not their throw in because it went off her team--and the ref changed the call!

I agree no whining just stating factual points. I didn't have a dd in this tourney but our friends from OK were. The cross playing is what did this tourney in. It should have never been that way. It's what lead to this situation all together. Like 02Dad said in a previous post it should have been 3 brackets of 4 and you play your own bracket. That way it's a clear defined winner for each bracket and then have a wild card for the 4th team.

I agree doing this will not lead to those teams returning next year and will steer teams away that saw this mess.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EPL Fan 22/01/12, 10:44 pm

02Dad wrote:
soccerunited wrote:Looks like there is a possiblity that a team in the C bracket will not win a game and still go to the semi finals while two teams may win all their games in the D bracket and one will be sent packing.

The way this tournament was set up for the 02's is the worst I've ever seen.

So stupid to have all your games be cross bracket. The 02 girls were the only group they screwed like this. All the other age groups that had 12 teams, they split in to 3 brackets of four with the bracket winners + the top points getter (non bracket winner) as a wild card.

As a friend of mine put it to an analogy... it's like if all Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, etc all played Italian teams. Then whoever had the most points was crowned the winner of the Premiership.

Also, how ridiculous are those Cox 3 and 4 fields. It's like playing on a freaking square field. The center circle almost touches the semi-circle on the top of the penalty box. Games on those fields felt more like an indoor game since there was not room for any long runs or passing.

Take a look at the 98 Boys Bracket

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=21187&GroupID=188042&Sex=Boys&Age=14
EPL Fan
EPL Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 22/01/12, 10:52 pm

EPL Fan wrote:
02Dad wrote:
soccerunited wrote:Looks like there is a possiblity that a team in the C bracket will not win a game and still go to the semi finals while two teams may win all their games in the D bracket and one will be sent packing.

The way this tournament was set up for the 02's is the worst I've ever seen.

So stupid to have all your games be cross bracket. The 02 girls were the only group they screwed like this. All the other age groups that had 12 teams, they split in to 3 brackets of four with the bracket winners + the top points getter (non bracket winner) as a wild card.

As a friend of mine put it to an analogy... it's like if all Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, etc all played Italian teams. Then whoever had the most points was crowned the winner of the Premiership.

Also, how ridiculous are those Cox 3 and 4 fields. It's like playing on a freaking square field. The center circle almost touches the semi-circle on the top of the penalty box. Games on those fields felt more like an indoor game since there was not room for any long runs or passing.

Take a look at the 98 Boys Bracket

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=21187&GroupID=188042&Sex=Boys&Age=14

That is just as bad.

I was only comparing to other 12 team age groups. For those they did 3 brackets +1 wildcard winner.
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 08:10 am

passthedarnball wrote:AYSES should refund everyones entry, pay for TSC travel costs, and give all teams except Solar Gio paid entry into another tournament of their choice. They should also come on this forum and apologize to all of the 02 teams.

I have seen some dumb things happen in tournaments. But this one takes the cake.

This is the most ridiculous and asinine post. You act as though Solar Gio personally set this bracket up. They had no say in what happened...do you think they should have said, No..sorry, we will go home because the Hurricanes beat us and they should go to the semi's, not us.

It was an unfortunate bracket set up but hey, this isn't the first tournament to not be seeded properly. Sounds like you have a personal agenda here.

At least the 1st place trophy stayed in NTX.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 09:24 am

soccernovice40 wrote:
passthedarnball wrote:AYSES should refund everyones entry, pay for TSC travel costs, and give all teams except Solar Gio paid entry into another tournament of their choice. They should also come on this forum and apologize to all of the 02 teams.

This is the most ridiculous and asinine post. You act as though Solar Gio personally set this bracket up. They had no say in what happened...do you think they should have said, No..sorry, we will go home because the Hurricanes beat us and they should go to the semi's, not us.

It was an unfortunate bracket set up but hey, this isn't the first tournament to not be seeded properly. Sounds like you have a personal agenda here.

I am sorry you feel that way. But the reality is Solar Gio didn't deserve to make it to the semis and TSC did, even if you try to use the arguement it is not Gio's fault that the tournament was set up the way it was. The truth is TSC hammered Solar Gio 4 to 0, went 3 and 0 in pool play, didn't give up a single goal, had the 2nd most points, scored more goals than most and they still went home without getting a chance to win a tournament they certainly could have won. You and OOrah are way off base and need to rethink your logic. AYSES doesn't actually need to send out an Edible Aarangement, but they should certainly issue a refund to TSC, in good will, and apologize to everyone else.

Logic should have been 3 brackets of 4 with a wild card or if they had to do it the way they did, then the 4 teams that went to the semi's should have been the four teams with the most points or best win/loss record. If they do it that way TSC is in and Gio is out. And listen, this is not a rag on Gio. I don't know them and I have never seen them play. This is more of a rant to support TSC because they got screwed and you can't disagree with that.

Congrats to Gio. I think they won their last 3 games and that is a great run. I am sure they played great and capitalized on the situation.

If no one complained about the ridiculousness of this tournament, then it very well could happen again and that Soccernovice would be asinine.

Back to top Go down

Texas Winter Classic - Page 2 Empty 02 GirlsTexas Winter Classic

Post by usmadsoccer 23/01/12, 09:33 am

Correction you stated that Gio should send the Edible Arrangement, or am i reading it wrong?????
usmadsoccer
usmadsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OOrah 23/01/12, 09:35 am

soccernovice40 wrote:

I guess that Solar Gio should be doubly commended for the win. The team adapted and overcame the challenge of bad seeding, a painful 4-0 loss that someone pointed out should have ousted them from the tourney and the absolute horror :-o of playing on a short square field!

I'm sorry if I offended with the comments about whining but soccernovice is RIGHT ON in that this aint the first tourney that got the seeding wrong and it aint Gio's fault that they just played the game. And it sure sounded to me like whining when u c posts like "wow, that sucks" and the poor poor keeper for Tulsa. I have a feeling that these organizers will probably do better on the seeds and brackets next year.
OOrah
OOrah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 23/01/12, 09:45 am

OOrah wrote:
soccernovice40 wrote:

I guess that Solar Gio should be doubly commended for the win. The team adapted and overcame the challenge of bad seeding, a painful 4-0 loss that someone pointed out should have ousted them from the tourney and the absolute horror :-o of playing on a short square field!

I'm sorry if I offended with the comments about whining but soccernovice is RIGHT ON in that this aint the first tourney that got the seeding wrong and it aint Gio's fault that they just played the game. And it sure sounded to me like whining when u c posts like "wow, that sucks" and the poor poor keeper for Tulsa. I have a feeling that these organizers will probably do better on the seeds and brackets next year.

It should be easier to organize next year with fewer teams. Evil or Very Mad
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 23/01/12, 09:56 am

My main frustration was the field size because it tends to result in the "slam it back and forth" non-soccer playing. My DD even said "there was no room to play through balls." That being said, I definitely agree with what has been said that the girls need to learn to adapt to whatever the fields or TD or refs throw their way. Our team didn't (with respect to the fields), and they didn't advance. Hope they work on that in the future, but I also don't want them to have to practice that aspect of the game on the Cox square fields anymore Smile
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 10:16 am

passthedarnball wrote:
soccernovice40 wrote:

I am sorry you feel that way. But the reality is Solar Gio didn't deserve to make it to the semis and TSC did, even if you try to use the arguement it is not Gio's fault that the tournament was set up the way it was. The truth is TSC hammered Solar Gio 4 to 0, went 3 and 0 in pool play, didn't give up a single goal, had the 2nd most points, scored more goals than most and they still went home without getting a chance to win a tournament they certainly could have won. You and OOrah are way off base and need to rethink your logic. AYSES doesn't actually need to send out an Edible Aarangement, but they should certainly issue a refund to TSC, in good will, and apologize to everyone else.

Logic should have been 3 brackets of 4 with a wild card or if they had to do it the way they did, then the 4 teams that went to the semi's should have been the four teams with the most points or best win/loss record. If they do it that way TSC is in and Gio is out. And listen, this is not a rag on Gio. I don't know them and I have never seen them play. This is more of a rant to support TSC because they got screwed and you can't disagree with that.

Congrats to Gio. I think they won their last 3 games and that is a great run. I am sure they played great and capitalized on the situation.

If no one complained about the ridiculousness of this tournament, then it very well could happen again and that Soccernovice would be asinine.

You should ABSOLUTELY complain about this tournament...just don't call out a team like that. Focus on who's responsible for those stupid brackets.

Anyway, hope this thread is brought up next year when this tournament comes around again! Peace out Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 10:17 am

usmadsoccer wrote:Correction you stated that Gio should send the Edible Arrangement, or am i reading it wrong?????

My mistake. Should have said Gio.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 10:28 am

soccernovice40 wrote:
passthedarnball wrote:
soccernovice40 wrote:

You should ABSOLUTELY complain about this tournament...just don't call out a team like that. Focus on who's responsible for those stupid brackets.

Anyway, hope this thread is brought up next year when this tournament comes around again! Peace out Wink

You have to call out the team that got reemed and the team that was gifted, or the arguement doesn't make as much sense.

And as far as this adapt and overcome BS goes. As far as I am concerned, a team that goes 3 and 0 and doesn't give up a goal has adapted and overcome. They played better than other teams that made it to the semis. What else did they need to do? They didn't lose a game and teams that did lose, moved on. The only way your adapt and overcome nonsense works is if all four teams in the semis were 3 and 0. Then you could be ticky tack and say they should have scored more or given up less. To say that they didn't adapt and overcome stupuidity on the TDs part is down right disgraceful and condescending to the effort TSC put in this past weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next